Clouds of Winter
[html]
dated to the 3rd, in the morning!

The female was in a happy mood - the idea of the ship had gone over well and the pack had started to create things, to do and learn, to read on the ideas of ship-building and to collect wood for the thinning of it and creating of the skeleton of the boat. She was excited, that was certain, excited that they would be building something beautiful and wonderful and new for them to explore on. She was excited, and happy - for the first time in many days. She was still working hard, yes, but she was working for the pack that she loved, and she was glad for it.

She had a decent pile of twigs and larger branches that would make good wood for the boat. She wanted it to be perfect, to be wonderful; she found rope-like vines and pulled them down so that they could use them to secure the ship and anything else that may need securing in the future - such as the masts. The pure thought that went into the ship was quite large and she was amazed that the humans discovered how to do it; her pack was using manuals and books and diagrams and real ships for reference and they still had quite the task ahead of them. How humans could have done it on their own with no references was a marvel to her.

The humans were an inspiration to her - their ideas of trading and building and creating, although leading to their downfall, was still marvelous and wonderful in of itself. The sheer things they built, their buildings, their structures that the Luperci still used today boggled her mind when she thought that they originally started with nothing. And it was these thoughts that populated her mind when she collected the wood for her pack; how grateful she was that she could find the books and references for the boat in the first place, or she likely would not have made it to where she was, building a boat with her pack.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
343+
[/html]
WC: 337

IC: Ayasha had come back from Cour des Miracles yesterday. It was hard to know she had to deal with her mother and all that was going on with her and Liam. She knew that her mother wanted to protect her from Ralla’s mistakes. She only knew part of what had happened with Kemo and appreciated her mother’s concern. But she also wanted to live her own life and learn from her own mistakes. But her mother had yet to see it that way. She was a year old for goodness sake! She was old enough to live on her own and learn from her own mistakes. Hopefully her uncles would be able to help her talk to her mother and convince her to let her go at the least.

So she had left early in the morning and ridden out on Ahuli. He was a good horse and was rather easy to handle. He wasn’t as nervous around her and she patted his head gently when she had gotten on. ”You’re a good horse. Steady like your name says, a drum.” She spoke in Low Speech. She was far from fluent in it but knew enough to communicate with her horse, as well as other horses. She thanked J’adore and her own curiosity for learning new things. She had early on, convinced her “uncle” to teach her Low Speech when she was going to have Inez.

She rode towards Cercatori d’Arte out of habit, though she didn’t really want to visit there anymore. There wasn’t a reason for her to do so with Liam gone and she doubted that anyone would appreciate her being Liam’s boyfriend. But before she could get very far, she spotted female gathering wood, lots of it. She approached and could smell Liam’s old pack on her and she inhaled slightly. But she would be friendly nonetheless. ”Hello there. Need any help?” She might have to be careful not to bring up Liam but that didn’t mean she couldn’t talk to the female.
[html]

She just finished putting a particularly large bit of wood on the pile that was steadily growing larger and larger when she heard, smelled, and saw the white woman approaching her. The smell was distinctly AniWayan, as it smelled of wheat and horses; she remembered the war and was glad, very glad, that Cercatori d'Arte had been spared the fights. She knew that Crimson Dreams and Cour des Miracles had been involved and had had some kidnapped, even the subleader Anu - she had met the blue woman once and found her friendly and kind. Imagining her being torn from her pack was a sad thought indeed, and once again Skye felt a wave of gratitude flow through her that her own family had been spared.

"Hello," she said amiably to the AniWayan woman. She was slightly wary, but only just - the incident with Liam, although slowly fading from Cercatori's thoughts, was still present. "You can help if you like - I'm collecting wood to build a boat," she said, a trace of happiness lighting up her features. She did not say anything else, not wishing to divulge too much information. However, she could not neglect the basics. "My name is Skye Collins," she added as an afterthought - too many times has she met someone only to neglect to give her name until the other asked.

She looked at her pile of wood proudly; it had grown quite large indeed. She didn't want it to grow too large in fear of it being too big to drag back to the beach in Cercatori d'Arte, but as of now it was easy enough to carry and she would be able to do so. She thought to the positive response to the boat idea again - she knew that some, such as Sky, were hesitant to the idea; she was confident of it, however.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
309+
[/html]
WC: 315

IC: The woman was wary of her but still friendly. She thought that she could understand why since the war that AniWaya had instigated. Maska was still ruining their lives and she was glad that he was gone for good and that she would be away from the Tribe soon. She would just as soon as she and Liam decided where they could go where he would be welcome. She wasn’t ignorant of his troubles but managed to love them in spite of them. If only her mother would see it that way everything would be much easier on both of them. Though she wasn’t going to talk to this woman about her issues with everything that was going on.

She dismounted and let Ahuli graze whatever he could from the mostly frozen ground. ”Might I ask why you’re building a boat? Is it for your pack, Cercatori d’Arte?” The woman introduced herself and Ayasha grinned. ”You’re the alpha aren’t you? My mom, Ralla, is a friend with your mate, Bangle.” She went to pick up some wood and then realized that she needed to introduce herself. ”I’m Ayasha, a scout from AniWaya. But you knew that didn’t you?” The question was partly rhetorical.

Ahuli neighed and she giggled. ”And this big boy is Ahuli. I recently got him.” She rubbed his nose gently and he gave her shoulder a nudge and then wandered back a couple yards away. She wasn’t really thinking and asked, ”How is your pack doing after all that happened?” She then realized that she would have no reason, at least that Skye knew, of knowing about the murder. So she might have to explain about how she knew and her relationship with Liam. Oh dear. She swallowed audibly and waited for Skye to demand how she knew about what had happened in the pack. Why couldn’t she keep her mouth shut?
[html]

The girl, who struck her as the quiet type, surprised her as she began to speak a lot; Skye did not mind, however, and took the welcome break from the work that she had been doing. She smiled when the girl asked if it was for her pack - she must have had the smell of Cercatori d'Arte on her, and felt a surge of pride. She was glad that her pack was beginning to be known to others; she remembered when they were no one, when no one knew them, and when no one would come to visit. Now, they were trading a lot, and she could tell that the woman knew who they were simply by the smell, a wonderful thing to know.

She smiled as the woman said that Bangle was friends with her mother - of course, Bangle would be the one to travel and meet new people. She was grateful for it and nodded swiftly as she asked if she was the alpha. Another thing, however, brought her curiousity - that she said she was Ayasha and asked if Skye had already known that. What would make her know that... she had no idea. It was confusing, but the topic was quickly changed once again as Ayasha introduced her horse. It reminded her of Jack, who was at home in the stables; it was too cold for him and he refused to budge from his stable.

What truly sent her head reeling, however, was Ayasha's last question, how the pack was doing after the things happened. Who had told her - perhaps Bangle had, after seeing Ralla in AniWaya? But no, he hadn't traveled lately, not there, not after the incident had happened.. then, how did this person know? "After all what happened?" she finally asked, deciding to allow Ayasha to explain what she knew and perhaps how she knew it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
312+
[/html]
WC: 294

IC: It seemed her comments and questions seemed to be paled with Skye’s response to her stupid question. She almost wished that she hadn’t said anything. But…She had and needed to explain herself. ”I wasn’t thinking about that question but…I’ve been in love with Liam Rhiannon for awhile and knew about his butterflies. I was worried about him and went to see him. I got there after he murdered his sister.” Her face was solemn but she wasn’t going to apologize for loving Liam.

She gave a sigh and went on. ”I saw what you all had done to him and helped him, at least a little. He was confused and truly believes that his sister was taken over by what he calls shadow wolves, or evil wolves.” She glanced at Skye. ”I understand why you hurt him and banished him but I also understand his thinking. I’m not supporting his actions but I am supporting him. I love him, despite his issues.” She wasn’t stupid enough to be blind to his failings. Granted his were greater than most but she still loved him and knew that he loved her.

She leaned on a nearby tree and deflated a little. ”I’m so tired of people trying to tell me who I can and can’t love. I fell in love with the sweet, passionate boy that I believe he is deep down, not the troubled one that everyone else sees. And I know that he has each part but no one else is willing to see past his troubles and look at how wonderful he is to me. Or am I just messed up?” She wasn’t crying and she was more talking to herself but wanted to hear something from Skye. Even if it was horrible.
[html]

She stood there, stone cold, as the girl began to say the things that had been on her mind. She knew of Liam's sickness and was in love with him. When the boy had shown nothing but insolence, proven nothing but stupidity, and done nothing but kill, it was difficult for Skye to believe that anyone could fall in love with it. Some of the rage, the infuriating anger that flared up during the murder showed again, and her eyes blazed for a moment, her lip curled into a frozen snarl. She quickly composed herself, however; she did not need this girl Ayasha running to Ralla and saying how the leader Skye Collins now was her enemy.

"No," she said solidly. She did not know why she said it, or what it was she was trying to convey. Her very mood at the moment had turned sour, sick - the word was the only that she could say now. This girl thought she was in love with Liam. Not Liam Rhiannon - no, Taliesin was no longer his father. He had no family, it, the murderer, had no family, deserved no family. Once again she had to keep her temper in check as it flared up once more.

She had to make this girl see. "She loved him too," she said steadily. "Tameri. Tameri loved him. She was curious, and loved him to bits - she never knew why he hated her so much," she said. She had observed them, had heard Sky and Taliesin speak of their relationship. "The pup... the poor pup. She loved him, she loved Liam, and what did he do?" she asked, her voice slightly rising. "He screamed at her, called her a shadow wolf. He tore her leg off while she was still alive, causing her more pain than she ever felt in her life, causing her last moments to be sheer pain, horror, agony, confusion as to why the brother she loved so much would kill her like this."

"It was not a merciful death. It was not a sweet death, a compassionate death," she snarled, the fire alighting in her eyes once more. "He ripped her front leg off, and while she was screaming in agony, in pain, he ripped her hind leg off with his teeth." She stared at Ayasha, her eyes full of horror and anger mixed into a horrible emotion - a horrible emotion that could not be extinguished with kind words and vapid reassurances such as sweet and compassionate.

"He is not troubled, he is a murderer and a monster. If his father hadn't plead for his life," she snarled, "I would have killed him myself. And if I ever see him around my pack again, I will."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
445+
[/html]
WC: 361

IC: Skye reacted badly, like Ayasha thought. And she regretted even opening her mouth and mentioning Liam. In fact, she wished that she hadn’t stopped to help Skye at all. She had yet to meet an adult that supported her in this and although she knew why, she wished that there would be someone that would understand her and guide her through this.

But the alpha started to talk about how Tameri had died even though she loved Liam. Ayasha felt like she was going to be sick as Skye described the pain the pup went through. She started to cry, though whether it was for herself, Tammy, or Liam she didn’t know. Maybe it was for all three of them. They were or had suffered. Liam might not think so but he was. She was sobbing and nearly threw up but instead sunk to the ground and hugged her knees. She was miserable and needed reassurance of…anything. Her body and mind couldn’t go on like this and needed rest and for her not to worry. But she had a feeling she wouldn’t be able to sleep well after hearing what the butterflies made Liam do. Or was really Liam? She was never entirely sure.

She tried to control her tears and though they were still there, she could talk, although her voice was hoarse. ”Don’t you think I don’t wonder if he even loves me? When I fell in love with him was several months ago before he turned into what he is now. And although you might not see, I can still see some of the good in him. It can be tough to see sometimes but it is there.” Was she always going to meet this resistance from people with Liam? She hoped not but she knew that she needed to be ready for when it did happen. She sniffled and quietly asked, ”Should I leave you alone? Or can we talk about something else?” She desperately wanted to not have this type of conversation with anyone and wanted to have a normal one. But she also would understand if Skye didn’t particularly want to see her right now.
[html]
really sorry for the wait! <3

The rage that Skye experienced lasted for a few moments longer, the fire in her eyes scalding and her gaze not at Ayasha, but in a far away place in her mind. She reran the series of events that had happened during the year - first Argul, the horror that had ravaged the land and killed two pups, rendering Valinta in a coma and driving Orin from home.. that same type of terror had returned in the form of Liam. Liam, the insolent boy who respected none, loved none; no, Skye did not believe that Liam loved Ayasha. All she had seen from the killer was hate, insolence, and murder, death, hate for the sister that loved him. She snarled slightly once, and then her eyes cleared once more.

For an instant, she felt pity for Ayasha as she sank to the ground and looked like she as about to be sick. She almost regretted her decision to give the details of the murder to the girl - almost. She did not regret it, no - Ayasha the white woman deserved to know what kind of monster, what kind of horrific beast that Liam truly was deep down inside. She had no faith in Liam. She had no love for Liam. She felt only hate in her heart for the man, and if she ever saw him again, the only question that would be left was how quickly to kill him, or to let him suffer as Tameri did.

And then Ayasha, the innocent girl, dared to speak of herself. "Hard for you? Confusing for you? This isn't about you, girl, it's about it." She refused to give him the pronoun that he was born with - when he killed Tameri, it had been taken away from him, in her eyes. "You can never join any pack. Salsola, Casa di Cavalieri, Crimson Dreams, they all have black wolves as their leaders; the rest certainly have black wolves in them. You cannot rest in any place for long in case a black wolf happens by and he rips it apart, limb from limb, whether it be woman or child or man. You say that you love it and that it loves you - but ask yourself this, would it if you had black fur instead of white?"

She stared at Ayasha as she asked to change the subject; hate in her eyes flared once more for Liam, but died down again. Her quarrel was with Liam, not Ayasha.. but she knew that as long as Ayasha was loyal to murder rather than justice, she could never allow her inside Cercatori d'Arte; she could not risk her bringing Liam in on Liam's whim. She knew that if Ayasha could only see kindness in killing and murder, she would be insane enough to see reason in Liam where there was none. She would be able to be fooled into taking him into Cercatori d'Arte... and that Skye could not allow.

Rather, she led the topic into another direction as she collected more wood. "How is AniWaya coping after the war? I'm sure they need all the help they can get," she remarked.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
524+
[/html]