Leaving on a Jet Plane
OOC: Set on the morning of the 7th. WC= 235

IC: Ayasha knew that she had to leave, soon. It was starting to become unwelcoming here in AniWaya, well at least it felt like it with her argument with her mother. Ralla meant well and Ayasha loved her mother dearly but this was something that she needed to do, leave. Yet she still had people to talk to and a few things to do before she left.

One person she wanted to talk to was Matteo. The two of them were friends and she felt it was only fair that she tell him that she was leaving in the next few days. But she also wanted to make sure that he was all right. Ayasha had noticed that he had come back from wherever beat and was concerned. She hoped that it wasn’t Alaki but thought it might be, or at least someone from Anathema.

Though one of the place she and Liam had considered going to was Anathema. She only hoped that Alaki wouldn’t hold it against her that she knew where his ex-lover was. But she would have to deal with that when the time came, if they indeed decided to settle in Anathema. They might stay loners or join another pack. So she shook off that thought and went to where Matteo was staying and said quietly, ”Matteo? Are you there? I need to talk to you.” Her voice was worried but calm.
[html]
WORD COUNT :: 228
OOC: Ohaithar. :3 Teo's all beaten up and stuff. Don't mind him.

He was resting on the couch in the main room of their house, laying on his back and staring up at the ceiling with a heated glare. Damn her. Damn that blasted patchy no-good coyote and damn the clan and damn the caves and damn them all. The bruise on his side was fresh, burning hot to the touch and it felt as if his ribs were shattered there... they weren't, just bruised, but it felt horrible. He couldn't remember the last time he'd been beaten up this badly.

A soft voice broke him from his muddled thoughts and he turned his head to look in the direction of it. It was Ayasha, he could tell by the voice, and so without moving, he called over to her. "It's open! Come on in." He didn't want to move. Moving hurt. Rest was far better suited for his situation right now, anyway.

Nearby, 'resting' on a bookshelf, Ahiyuhi sneered at him. Her transparent form was curled up on the top shelf, gleaming crystal eyes laughing at his misery. She wasn't cruel or even angry at him, but he'd deserved it for breaking his loyalties to AniWaya. Maybe now he'd learned his lesson. The Spirit Guide paid no attention to the voice at the door, too amused with her poor coydog's condition to bother paying it any mind.

[/html]
WC: 256

IC: Matteo’s voice soon answered her and he seemed in pain. So she entered his house with concern. She surveyed her friend and frowned at his injuries, her own news momentarily forgotten in exchange for his wellbeing. He looked awful and she immediately rushed over and knelt by his side. ”You look awful. What happened?” She hoped it wasn’t Alaki. She might murder him if she joined Anathema.

She voiced her question to him. ”Was it Alaki? Do I need to go beat that no-good, ex-mate of yours?” She was serious but doubted that he would accept her help in that way. Very few people seemed to want to take her up on her offer to help them by beating up whoever hurt them. She understood why and it was unlikely that she could actually do anything to them but it was the thought that count, right?

She did want to let him know her news. ”I did have a reason to come to see you besides concern for you. I wanted to let you know that I’m leaving in a few days, permanently.” She would let that sink in a moment before she continued. ”The boy I love is troubled and won’t be accepted here and so we’re moving up north, maybe joining a pack. You’re one of my friends and I wanted you to know what was going on. But you can’t tell my mom, Ralla.” She was serious about her mom not knowing she was leaving, at least not until she was far away.
[html]
WORD COUNT :: 323
OOC: OOC LOREM IPSUM BLAH BLAH LATIN

The pale friend came in and knelt by his side, asking him the same thing everyone in his household had been asking; what happened? He wouldn't tell the truth, though. Instead, at the mention of Alaki, he laughed coldly, thoroughly enjoying the image of Ayasha kicking the rakeeb's ass. "No, it wasn't Alaki. And it looks worse than it is." He lifted an arm to look down at the dark splotch underneath his pale fur and black lines of tattooing.

"Jericho got spooked while we were patrolling the borders, is all. Bucked me off and gave me a good kick to the side when I tried to calm her down again." He shook his head and rested his arm back on his stomach, sighing. "Nothing to worry about. I'll be fine. What's up?" He turned, concern lacing his features when she explained it.

Ayasha was leaving the tribe!? He blinked and sat up, brows pinching together. The news actually had the ghostly polecat sitting up as well, as anyone leaving the tribe was something to pay attention to. When she explained, he frowned.

"Ayasha..." For a moment, he didn't want to let her go. He wanted her to stick around; he had few friends in the tribe and Ayasha was one of them. The thought of her leaving... "...Shit. Right, well, I won't tell Ralla, but... will you at least keep in touch with me?" They were heading north... she wasn't a coyote so she couldn't have been heading for Inferni.

...Anathema? He didn't like the thought of that, his snow white friend joining such a revolting pack. "...and you've gotta promise me something, Ayasha. You might not think it fair but it's for your own safety. Don't join Anathema, whatever the two of you two. You won't be safe there." He had to get it out there, had to let her know. He could only hope she'd listen.

[/html]
WC: 308

IC:She believed him when he said that it wasn’t Alaki. She had a feeling that he wouldn’t be alive if it was Alaki. But she didn’t believe what he said about it looking worse than it was. But Ayasha didn’t say anything. If he wanted to delude himself and lie to others that was his own fault. She wasn’t going to stop him. It wasn’t really any of her business anyway. So she let that slide but she did smirk at his amusement over her comment of kicking his ex’s butt.

However, his story about falling off his horse was a complete lie. ”I don’t believe you. One, what were you doing patrolling the borders? It’s not your job. And two, where have you been? If you’ve been patrolling, I would have run across you. I am a scout after all.” Her voice was stern and she wasn’t about to let him go on that issue. ”What really happened, Matteo?” Her voice was soft but still stern and left no room for arguments.

She hated leaving him, or anyone in the tribe. But he promised not to tell her mother and asked her to keep in touch with him. She nodded. ”Of course I will. And I am going to let my mom know where I am, just not right away.” This last part was said mostly to herself. She wouldn’t leave her mother without a clue of where she was. Plus, she had a feeling that Ahiga might join her wherever she is.

Then he told her not to join Anathema. She frowned a little but asked him, ”Why? Because of Alaki?” She had reservations about him as well but she had one of her “uncles” there. Plus, where else would the two of them be welcome? But she would let him explain why she shouldn’t join.
[html]
WORD COUNT :: 208
OOC: Matteo Trovato; voted Least Loyal in 2011. xD

When Ayasha prodded for the truth, easily seeing past his lie, Teo felt a cold shudder run down his spine. He couldn't tell her. He wouldn't. It would risk everything he'd worked for. It would end up with yet again place he'd be banished from, surely. He couldn't lose his place in the tribe. It would ruin everything. Everything.

So he didn't answer. The best truth was the truth not spoken, right? Right. A glare from the bookshelf was noticed but not heeded as Ayasha went on to ask him why, assuming it was because of Alaki. No, not just that... Anathema... that place sucks the life out of you. Wolves weren't meant to live in caves and half the pack believe that they can do anything they want and get away with it. He scowled, ears pinning back at the thought. His eyes fell on her coat and another dreaded thought occured to him. ...and your fur. Gemma and I went through hell for our white fur when we were there. It's too much of a risk, Ayasha. Whatever you do, don't join Anathema. I don't care how strong you and your guy are. You won't survive. And if she did, she'd never be the same.

[/html]
WC: 206

IC: She narrowed her eyes slightly at his not telling her anything. He didn’t even try to lie to her. She could have pushed him to answer her but didn’t really feel like it. So she just begged him silently to tell her what was wrong but said nothing about it. But she wished that he would trust her enough to let her in so she could help him.

He started off telling her about how the caves would suck her life from her. She sighed and said, ”Its better to be somewhere were Liam will be accepted. Plus, I have an uncle, kind of, there. Maybe you knew him, Leon Austral?” She was curious and didn’t care if he didn’t know her uncle. She missed Leon and his daughter and was excited about seeing them again.

Then he mentioned her fur and she bristled slightly. ”I think I can handle myself. Plus, I have several people there to look after me. Plus, is it just you two or everyone with white fur?” She believed him that he thought that it was white fur but there must have been another reason. She wasn’t angry with him but didn’t appreciate having her life dictated by yet another person.
[html]
WORD COUNT :: 362
OOC: LOREM IPSUM BLAH BLAH BLAH OOC FILLER

Teo had never actually met the man named Leon, but he knew of him. As far as I could tell, he was a good guy. Never really had the chance to meet him though. Leon didn't really come by at all to talk to Alaki, so he suspected him to be an okay guy in that regard. Alaki's friends were always trouble, or so Teo had learned. After all, he'd befriended Giuseppe, right?

Her next words hit a sore spot and it showed. Eyes suddenly gleamed colder and he snapped his gaze at her warningly, expression hidden otherwise. He didn't say anything, didn't correct her. He didn't want to argue with her, especially if this was going to be the last talk they had as tribemates. Instead, his ears flicked back against his head and he decided to end that part of the conversation as quickly as possible. I wouldn't know, actually. I was too busy having my ass beat. Ouch. The tone was cruel, sarcastic and cold, a warning for her not to question it again. He didn't really know. He suspected the white fur to be the cause, as he'd seen others with white pelts harmed and mistreated, but he wasn't fully sure. It'd been what Giuseppe had told him, more than anything. White pelts were the sign of purity... and Anathemans hated purity.

Deciding to change the topic, he looked away to glare off at something. Oh look, a vase. That worked. I guess it's just... if you join Anathema, I won't be able to come and see you. I'm not allowed near the territory... one of those, 'maul on sight' kinda deals. In other words, he was listed as a traitor. I just want to be able to pay you visits, y'know? Eyes went back to her again and the cold blue gave way for the soft pink once again. You're my friend. I don't want that to change just because of where we live. And if she went to Anathema, he wasn't sure he'd be able to look at her the same. Whoever this Liam was... he was starting to like him less and less.

[/html]
WC: 248

IC: Ayasha beamed at hearing that other’s thought Leon was a good guy. ”He is.” There were several times during the battle against Maska’s forces that Leon, or Saxif, had saved her life. He also was one her supporters of being outright rebellious against Maska, which she did eventually tone down, but not before her mother was hurt by his guardians. She was glad that Maska’s reign of terror had ended.

What she said apparently brought up awful memories for Teo and she felt sorry for bringing them up. But she still was going to go to Anathema. She had at least two protectors and she would hate to see either, or especially both, get angry with someone for hurting her. Well, it would be bad for the other person. She would be hiding behind them, probably unhappily, trying to get in on the fight. But dropped the thread of conversation and she was glad.

Then his words made it clear what he was really worried about. ”We can meet half-way, or at least outside one of our homes. I don’t want to lose you as a friend, either Teo. And me living in Anathema will not change the fact that you are my friend and always will be!” She was fiercely positive about that and nothing would change that. ”Should I be leaving or do you want some company awhile longer?” She didn’t mind staying nor did she mind leaving; it was up to him what to do.
[html]
WORD COUNT :: 343
OOC: Lotsa Matteo angst in this post. x: But at least he's not growly anymore.

Half-way might work, he thought to himself almost bitterly. He still didn't want her to go there. The place would drain her... but if they met regularly, he could at least watch for the changes. If things got too bad, maybe he could try and persuade her to leave later, but for now, he'd have to settle for half-way. Then she asked if she should leave and something clicked; he didn't want her to go. She was as close to a best friend as he had in the tribe. He couldn't stop her from leaving the tribe, but if she was willing to stay for just a little longer, to keep him company, he wasn't about to pass that up.

So instead of voicing it, he reached out to pull her into a hug. Not one of those 'nah, you're stayin' right here cause I'm joking around' hugs, but a meaningful 'don't go' hug. A moment of weakness, the old Teo shining through. That little boy who needed every friend he got, as few as those friends seemed to be. If she didn't move away or evade him, it'd be that sort of hug that was meant to last, a silent plead for her to stay, a reluctant goodbye for later.

Because he wouldn't be there to watch her go. He wouldn't be able to stand it. When it was time for her to leave, he knew he'd be too beat up over it to wave her off. No doubt he'd be on his roof, watching from a distance in secret, in silence, where he could be left alone to cry. It wasn't as if he'd never see her again, but it was still hard having a friend leave, and Teo had never had to deal with such things before. Deep down, beneath the scarred man that everyone saw, he was just a little kid trying to survive in a world full of monsters... and sometimes, letting go was harder for a kid than for even the most loving of parents.

[/html]