sin and soul
Set on the 10 no wait 11th o.o 308

Aeron yawned as she looked down at her daughter who had proclaimed that she need not be carried. the girl who was smaller and slower then her brothers was catching up at speeds aeron never thought possible. She had been patrolling for a while even with the damaged arm. she minded it not. But Io had finally put her foot down and insisted she spend time with Adwen the boys and the new girl. Sara Io's oldest had dropped the girl off leaving her to be Io and Aeron's problem.

Aeron huffed as she looked at the white child. Your going to behave. Show your manners and everything will be ok. She said looking at the small child who nodded and followed her mother closer. Aeron was unable to shift still and she had to dip her head a bit to enter under the lower part of the caves.

Mama I does ey ey ear Adwen asked poking her nose against the cave wall. she stopped and put her paws on it. It was nothing like their nice warm room in the hotel. Mama Io and her siblings all there. she wanted to go home but dutifully fallowed aeron. Her mother knew best and today they were going to see the queen.

Adwen stick close its right over here where we're going She said. she felt odd being in the caves but she tried to brush it off. She hated the caves it wasn't where she enjoyed being but that was the way of anathema. She looked at Adwen holding a hand out her ears listened to hear if Naniko was home. Angela, Naniko. Its Aeron I've come to speak with you. though why aeron did not know she was simply just here it was odd. She listened golden eyes focused on the door way as she sighed.
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

WC: 656

She rolled over in her sleep, drifting in and out of a dream. In the dream there were flames everywhere, choking smoke rising high into the air above her den as she came up from below ground. Clouded Tears was a nightmare – they had no official plan for leaving in case of a fire, nowhere to meet up with other members. She ran frantically this way and that to avoid getting burned by the flames all around her. It seemed like every way that she went there were more and more, heat coming at her from each direction she turned. Was she surrounded? She backed up to the tree that grew next to her den, protecting it from the elements. It couldn’t protect her from this fire. She would just have to choose one direction and go…whether it ended up being the right decision was something she would find out after she made the choice. Naniko took a deep breath, trying to calm herself and clear her mind. She needed to do something soon.

The unshifted canine knew that she would need to be in another form to be able to maneuver around the flames more easily. She was more comfortable in her two-legged form and she wanted to be able to carry at least a couple of her items with her. She focused on the change, ignoring the growing heat around her. Shifting tired the female, but at the same time she was full of adrenaline – she did not feel the exhaustion quite as much. The Alesterin grabbed a few things from her den, then faced the direction of Jaded Shadows. She needed to find out if her sister’s lands had been taken by the fires…she would go to Jaded Shadows, then try and escape the territories altogether with Dierdre. She had to run quickly…faster than she was currently going. She moved her legs back and forth quickly, trying to leap over a burning bush.

She awoke with a start to the cold air of her den. Her fire had gone out during the time she’d been asleep, leaving a smoldering pile of ash in the corner. How long had she been dreaming? She hadn’t had a dream of the fires for a long time, and it brought back many disturbing memories. That was the time that she had lost her sister, when Dierdre had abandoned little Sirius and Apollo to escape. She’d left them behind for Naniko to discover when she had returned with medical supplies, and the Angela had not seen her sibling since then. It saddened her that Dierdre had felt she could not return to ‘Souls, but her children were here at least. Naniko was watching over her niece Grace, and young Sirius was not quite so young any more…he ran his own pack, Salsola.

A voice coming from outside the den made her sit up in bed, rubbing her eyes. She attempted to speak but found her throat a bit dry, and cleared it a few times before she was able to reply back to the voice. She recognized it after a moment of thinking; Aeron had not come by her den very often in the past, but she remembered the sound of the other female’s voice. The dream still lingered in her mind as she got up out of bed, sparking the fire back to life quickly and adding a few blocks of wood to it. Her own children slept in the adjoining room, and so far nothing had woken them so far. Judas and Severus spent more and more time in the den with the colder weather, it seemed. ”Come in” She called finally, moving a few trinkets off of the wood stumps that surrounded the fire pit. Now they’d all have somewhere to sit, unless they chose the comfy bed to take a seat on instead. ”Everything alright?” She called, wondering the purpose behind the female’s visit.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Photobucket

Word Count :: 283

Aeron stood quiet out of respect for her leader. Though Adwen was another story the child seemed to not be able to sit still. The white girl was a gift to Aeron and she would do all she could to raise the girl right. although sometimes that meant that she would go awway and work hard to build relations with other packs. "Mmmm go oww She complained as Aeron shushed her quickly.

The two stood there waiting for the permission from the mistress of the pack. the woman that Aeron owed much to and would do anything for. ears perked forward as she looked at Adwen. "Be polite." Aeron reminded the child as she motioned her forward.

Stepping through the entry way she bowed to Naniko out of respect. Adwen stared wide eyed. White eyes just watched the woman that her mother idolized. "Mmmm oooo?" She asked looking at the white woman.

Aeron said nothing to the child. "Nothing is wrong. I was merely showing Adwen about and I thought I would stop by to see you. She said. "Since that trader showed here I have been spending much time bouncing between us and our almost to close neighbor Ichika. she stated.

Adwen moved closer to Naniko and the fire poking her nose about. She looked at Naniko sitting herself down in front of the woman. "Hi" she said clear as day. Aeron had never once heard the girl speak clearly.

"Please forgive her" Aeron said looking at Naniko. She hoped that in the least this was the only thing that Adwen did. She wanted to show her daughter so much and she hoped that someday Adwen would fallow in Aeron's foot steps.

quote courtesy of Assassins Creed borther; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.tree { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ntable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:0px 0px 240px 0px; color:#A9A9A9; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.tree b {color:#87CEFA; }
.tree p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.tree p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.tree .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.tree-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

WC: 317

Naniko really enjoyed getting visits from members of the pack, especially ones that she hadn't been able to catch up with in a while. Aeron had made her proud when she had defended the pack at the borders of Anathema; the female had shown that she would not back down when faced with disrespect and that the pack was a high priority for her. She could have just taken the items or traded for items whether the dog was rude or not, but instead she had kept her pride and had not accepted less than what she deserved as a pack member. The Angela had been impressed - this was a very difficult trait to find in a wolf. Real loyalty.

She was glad to get to see Aeron's children. She had been wondering how the canines were doing since they'd chosen to live outside of the cave system. "How are things outside of the caves? And how are you, young Adwin?" She asked, addressing the pup directly. She didn't mind that the girl had spoken to her. To Naniko it showed some bravery and initiative. Her own children were growing up fast, and occasionally she reminisced about the days when they had been a bit smaller. They'd been more obedient back then, as well.

"Did Ichika have an experience with her too? I really couldn't believe she would act that way - a single loner is nothing compared to our pack." She said, getting to the core of what Aeron had said. She motioned toward the stumps that sat in a ring around the fire-pit. Was her den safe enough for smaller pups any more? She didn't know. "We can sit around the fire...or up on the bed, maybe. Whichever you would prefer" The bed was more comfortable, but the caves were chilly and sitting by the fire would be great, too. Naniko had no preference.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Photobucket

Word Count :: 230

Aeron smiled as Naniko didn't seem to mind at all that the girl was so bold. Aeron enjoyed that of her daughter but she also hoped it to not offend anyone. She watched and waited for Adwen to say something anything.

Her mother thought she was dumb. That she couldn't do what her brothers could. Adwen simply didn't want to she smiled and looked at Naniko. "Goo, ery goo" She stated smiling. She was proud of herself and all she could do and she didn't care if her mother liked it or not.

Aeron smiled and waited to Answer Naniko as she moved towards the warmth of the fire and her daughter coming to her side she smiled. She seated herself and then began to speak. "I'm not entirely sure. when I was there before there had been blood on the ground a smell of I believe an Infernian and Amy also an Ichikain. I'm not positive what went down. I intend to find out though and will report to you what I find.

She watched Adwen looked at her mother and smiled then at Naniko. "I have an Idea though. I would love to get to know more of the Ichika members and well form an alliance with the leaders for trade and other uses. She stated looking at Naniko. She wanted to be use to Anathema as anything.

quote courtesy of Assassins Creed borther; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.tree { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ntable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; background-color:#000000; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:0px 0px 240px 0px; color:#A9A9A9; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.tree b {color:#87CEFA; }
.tree p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.tree p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.tree .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.tree-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

WC: 456

Naniko would have to remember to try and watch her language around Aeron's daughter so that she didn't pick up any "naughty" words like her son Severus had. The boy still said them, just not in the presence of his mother any more. Naniko had taught him the first time she had caught him saying those words by giving him a firm pop on the bottom. He'd been much, much younger then though...and now understood when it was appropriate to use certain words and when it was not. "Good to hear. I'm doing great as well" She said to the little one before looking back at Aeron once more and listening to the news about the Inferni member, Ichika member, and Amy.

She hoped that they did encounter the mutt Amy in the future, if only so that they could teach her a real lesson. Naniko had been oddly nice to the canine the last time she'd come near their borders, but it would not be the same way next time they crossed paths. If the dog insisted on putting on a show and acting like a big, tough girl...then they would just have to knock her down a peg and show her that no, the universe did not revolve around her. Naniko would enjoy that job, after the display that Amy had put on last time. The fact that Aeron had smelled blood with those other scents didn't surprise her too much; if an Inferni member had been there and Amy had been mouthing off to them, they definitely would have attacked without giving her a chance to get away. The girl was lucky that Nani had chosen the easier route with less bloodshed. Naniko felt certain that the four of them could have destroyed the outsider had they really wanted to.

The Angela was proud that Aeron had gotten this information - she wanted to know more about the idiot dog and what other packs she was trying to peddle her wares to. And she would especially want to know if Amy had already been attacked or killed by another group...because then she wouldn't have to worry about her any more. Not that she was really worrying...just making sure to check the borders more thoroughly when she did her rounds. Aeron spoke of another idea as well, a plan for the two packs to possibly alliance and to trade back and forth, and she nodded. "Their pack is very close to ours...I see no use in making any trouble for them. An alliance would benefit both of us, should either get into any trouble. Do they have anything of value that we might need here? We have livestock we could possibly trade.." She said, thinking.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
Aeron had been talking with those who were open in Ichika and then there were those who she knew when to keep the question's to a minimum. She would never stop trying though to better the relations between both packs that were close.

Adwen smiled as she looked at her mother she was doing good? She wanted to please her mother but she also want to be her own person. Though these thoughts were not so formed in the white child's mind because the child was to young to completely think through the facts.

Aeron smiled and looked at Naniko. "Well I'm still working on all the details. I was thinking of healthy herds. Breeding our male with our females could be bad. So allowing them to breed using ours or vice-versa" She spoke as she looked at Naniko.

They also have thoughs who are skilled in very set trades. I met one who knew how to garden. I bet she could teach us so that we may grow things Aeron spoke. There were so many things that could be traded. Our protection for help building things here. Who know Naniko I came to you for guidance." She spoke looking at her white leader.
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ruthie);</style>Naniko D'Angelo

She often wondered about the packs in the area, especially those closest to Anathema. It didn't bother her to have some so close as long as they were friends...but if that ever changed then she would be the one to lead forces that would keep them back and keep a nice neutral strip of land between them. She had no interest in causing conflict...but understood that sometimes her members might do something that she would have to stand up for and take responsibility for whether she wanted to or not. Naniko hoped that the canines she trained would be smart enough to know the difference between a small battle that they could personally win and the bigger effect of a battle that the entire pack might have to fight.

"That sounds like it could be mutually beneficial. I like the idea..so long as it's supervised. I don't completely trust them...I'd want to make sure that we get our horses back, especially those which have owners over here." Such things like pregnancies would need to be approved through the equine's own particular owner as well, in case the owner planned on using them during the gestation period and would not want the horse impregnated. "I would alliance with a pack that would trade us valuable items or teach us things to benefit our way of life...Yes. I will have to speak with Alaki on this, but I feel he would agree with me and with your ideas. So long as they do well by us and us by them...it should benefit us all. What things do you think we can learn to grow?" She was especially interested in marijuana...but doubted that most packs would grow that particular herb.

Image courtesy of steppelandstock

<style>
.GR2_Nani p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Nani b {font-family:verdana; color:#455f6f; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Nani {background-color:#889eac; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#e1eaee; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6674/atable1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:240px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #a9bac1; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Nani .name {text-align:right; font-family:Ruthie; color:#e1eaee; font-size:55px; text-shadow:#667a87 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:29px;}
.GR2_Nani .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#667a87; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #455f6f;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Aeron smiled a slight amount of pride seemed to bubble through the golden one. She couldn't help but allow her natural body language move her. her tail swayed happily as she listened trying not to be ridiculous. Though she tried to act serious though she wasn't acting immature.

"I agree, and if Alaki likes the idea I'd like to offer myself to over see and head it." she spoke her voice held a hint of pride. She really wanted to prove to the snow goddess that she was something of worth and value. She looked at her daughter and smiled. "And if they let me you could help too. Learn how to be a good pack member." Aeron said.

"y..yaaa I..I hh..hhe..eel" She stammered. she really tried she tried to be all that her mother wanted her to be. Adwen smiled and looked back at Naniko. she still wasn't sure the point of being heused tre where she could be with her brothers but she liked trying none the less.

"I think we could grow plants to help the healing and plants for trade. Like Tobacco or Hemp." aeron stated as she looked at her. She knew there were some in inferni that used the stuff and she wondered if they could have a trade through her. She sat there working the old wheels in her head. "We could grow fruits vegetables for the farm creatures and breed them as well, I bet if we could get the live stock we could deal in meat trade or if hunting is scare we could slaughter one for feast." Aeron stated.
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ruthie);</style>Naniko D'Angelo

She didn't mind pack members taking more responsibility and doing things for themselves...in fact, she preferred it. She was hoping that Aeron would master her skills and climb up to the master tier of her rank soon, so this was something that she was comfortable with letting the female take charge of. Especially if Alaki approved of the idea as well...she wouldn't leave him out of the decision-making, but she did not see a downside to a trade agreement with another pack. "As long as we get something of value in return..we are a large pack and are in need of some resources, but have an abundance of others." Horses were hard to come by, especially. She had yet to find one that she thought would be able to carry her comfortably. She nodded to Aeron's daughter at the mention of the girl helping out. "As long as it stays peaceful, it should be a good experience"

"I have a friend who might be willing to help us learn how to grow hemp..I'll have to ask him next time I see him. Fairly sure, though. We should consider everything that we can." She wanted everyone in the pack to feel comfortable and to not go without food, shelter, or even basic things that they wanted. She'd try to supply them all with everything that she could. "What else do they have that might be of value to us? As long as the canines here are willing to eat fish they shouldn't starve..but having more animals would never be a bad thing just in case things go south with Sakana no Puru."

Image courtesy of steppelandstock

<style>
.GR2_Nani p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Nani b {font-family:verdana; color:#455f6f; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Nani {background-color:#889eac; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#e1eaee; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6674/atable1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:240px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #a9bac1; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Nani .name {text-align:right; font-family:Ruthie; color:#e1eaee; font-size:55px; text-shadow:#667a87 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:29px;}
.GR2_Nani .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#667a87; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #455f6f;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]