Room 4:20 (Prologue!)
[html]

[Image: rAEA1.png]
Step one, you say we need to talk
WHERE DID I GO WRONG, I LOST A FRIEND SOMEWHERE ALONG IN THE BITTERNESS AND I WOULD HAVE STAYED UP WITH YOU ALL NIGHT HAD I KNOWN HOW TO SAVE A LIFE LET HIM KNOW THAT YOU KNOW BEST 'CAUSE AFTER ALL YOU DO KNOW BEST TRY TO SLIP PAST HIS DEFENSE WITHOUT GRANTING INNOCENCE LAY DOWN A LIST OF WHAT IS WRONG THE THINGS YOU'VE TOLD HIM ALL ALONG AND PRAY TO GOD HE HEARS YOU AND I PRAY TO GOD HE HEARS YOU ------------------------------------- AND HOW DO I SAVE YOUR LIFE NOW?

She still couldn't believe it. She'd been accepted! She'd spent the entire last two weeks of summer gawking at the letter, mewling and squealing to Dusk about how awesome it was gonna be and fretting about how she'd manage in a dorm all by herself, surrounded by strangers and...

Then the day came to leave her little town of Thornbury. Dusk was more than happy to send her off, excited to have the house to herself for a long, long while until Christmas. Sky was anxious to leave but with a final 'get the fuck out' from Dusk, she got into the Taxi and waved goodbye.

She started to cry once they got to Halifax, much to the driver's dismay. She continued to silently sob in the back seat until they pulled up to the University, and then she dried her eyes and sniffled a fond 'thank you' and 'goodbye' to the poor driver before getting her things together and hopping out, watching him drive away at a faster-than-the-limit pace.

The building was huge. Halifax Luperci University. The only University in the province that allowed the dog-born students to attend. Sure, there were Colleges and Secondary Schools, but the only other Luperci-Friendly Universities were in other provinces and the states. Even though they allowed Luperci to attend, as ordered by the Luperci Rights Laws, it wasn't safe for the canines to be there. It was still too soon after the infection, apparently, because humans had yet to accept the fact that Fido was now a part of the family. Literally.

The next three hours were hell. Sky went from one building to the next, signing far too many forms and reading far too many papers. After that, she was finally assigned a room in the girls dorms. Room 4:20. Right. Fourth floor, room twenty. Ironic name.

Upon reaching the dorms, she was forced to trudge up flights of stairs to get to her room, dragging her luggage with her the entire way. Eventually, room twenty came into view and she was able to, between breaths, heave a sigh of relief. The whiteboard on the door was clean, so she figured if she had a roomie, she'd find out later. Right now, she had to claim herself the top bunk.

She stepped inside and was disappointed. The beds were seperate.

The room was your basic rectangle room with large, sliding windows on the far wall and a bed on each side, the headboard placed up against the window with drawers built into the boxframe. An extra vanity dresser with an unimpressive square mirror behind it sat on the right wall, beside the closet... or was that a bathroom? A desk was set up on the opposite wall, clean but obviously meant for a computer. The windows were dressed in plain blinds and the beds in off-white bedding, clean and fresh. Sky noted with a hint of satisfaction that the computer chair was one build for a luperci, with extra leg room and a back meant for both support and space for a tail.

As she set her bags to one side and took a seat on the bed closest to the mysterious extra door and dresser, she noted happily that the matress was comfortable and had enough give for a luperci to sleep comfortably in any form, not that any were with a right mind would shift in the middle of a human-populated city anyway. Four legs meant a collar and that was just insulting.

Okay, so the Luperci Rights bill wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't illegal to be on two legs anymore, right? Right. And wolves had it pretty good now, too; just last week, the election came out with a wolf-born Luperci on the council! How awesome was that!?

With another sigh, the brown furred girl flopped backwards into the bed, smiling like a dork and enjoying the time she had now to relax. Classes wouldn't start for her until after the weekend, which meant she had plenty of time (it was Thursday) to explore the campus and get to know her dorm mate, if she ever got one...

TAG: My Sexy Haley Mommy Valinta WORDS: 702

So how do you like my epic table? XD I totally got lazy and snagged one off of Caution 2.0.

Oh! And to those reading! This is an AU series, where characters from Souls are in a Human-Luperci Co-existance modern timeline, where humans weren't wiped out and Luperci lived in secret until the year 1950. After that, there was a lot of work towards Luperci Rights and finally, in 1990, a bill was passed that would give Luperci near-equal rights to humans, thus shaping a tentative co-existance with both races. Halifax Luperci University is the only University in Nova Scotia where luperci can attend without having to share classes with humans. The staff have humans enlisted but it's shaped purely for a safe learning environment for our canine brothers and sisters. It will be a running series of threads, usually between me and Haley, following roomates Valinta and Sky as they go through life in University as dorm mates. :3 A nice change of pace to get our creative juices flowing. If anyone wants to participate, simply PM me or Haley and we'll let you in on the fun. Big Grin

TEMPLATE BY DANASAUR @ CAUTION
[/html]