[m] the cats in the cradle
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

So he's a daddy and she's a mommy. We'll say, five pups and three of the came out with black fur.

She hadn't wanted him in the den they shared for the birthing. He had allowed it, though it annoyed him. At least she had listened to him and stayed on four legs for her pregnancy. He was eager to be a father, though he'd visited Gemma often, always in Neutral territories, and always in the guise of hunting and patrolling. After all, his mate had been pregnant, he hadn't wanted to accidentally hurt her. Naniko had reassured him that Ayasha would be fine as she'd gone into labor. And he supposed she had been as the howl from the white furred leader roused him from his daze. He stood, shaking his massive secui body to get the blood flowing again.

He had chosen the secui form for its strength, it's power. No, he couldn't wear his clothing, but that was okay. He had the strength, the sheer body mass, to protect his mate when unhappy pack mates came around. He made his way slowly to the den they shared, his eyes searching out the pure white form of his mate. Her back was to him, but he could hear the sounds of the newborns feeding.

He padded over, his posture both wary and eager. He couldn't wait to see the pups, couldn't wait to meet his offspring. Ayasha had been huge in her pregnancy, he couldn't help but to wonder how many they'd had, and the genders. And names. What would they name the offspring?

In the back of his mind, the butterflies were whispering again. They had done it more and more often as Ayasha's pregnancy had gone on. They had mostly kept them under control, except when he went to visit Gemma. With Gemma he was free to use her and abuse her as he needed to, so he felt nothing about listening to the butterflies with her.

He sat on his haunches a foot or two away. The cavern den was dim enough all he could see was the shadowy lumps that were his offspring. "Well, kiddo? How'd we do?" His voice was gruff, but tender. Despite his mental issues, he really did love his petite mate.

<style type="text/css">
.vcliamhellno b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.vcliamhellno p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vcliamhellno {margin:0 auto; width:401px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/20aqqro.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 4px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 360
[/html]
WC: 244

IC: It had been a tough birth for the petite Ayasha. Normally she would complain about being told to stay in her four-legged form but she got back at Liam by saying that he needed to stay away during the birth. She would have preferred her mate there but she considered it payback for being overly overprotective. Though she knew that he just wanted to make sure she and the pups were safe.

Yet after a few hours of painful labor, she had five beautiful pups. Ayasha took the time to inspect them. One was pure white like her, another looked like their father, but the other three…they were black. She sighed and knew that Liam would not be happy about the three black pups. But she would fiercely protect her pups from her mate. But she was still weak from the stress of birth and he was rather buff.

His voice came out gruff but still tender and she gave an inaudible sigh. ”Let’s hope your daddy still loves you,” she whispered to her pups. Out loud she gently called, ”You can come in loverboy. We have five healthy pups.” Her voice was tired and she wanted nothing more than to sleep but she needed to watch to see how her mate would react to the three black pups. She also wished that her mother was here to see her grandpups. But it was always possible for her to have Leon invite her over.
[html]
OOC junk goes here...

She told him to come in, and he did, his tail swaying lazily behind him, his ears perked excitedly. He felt bowled over by the number. Five. Five healthy, happy pups. His tail wagged faster as he padded the few feet to his mate, laying down next to her, resting his head on her neck in a manner that was both possessive and comforting. "Five. Wow. We have five. Good job, kiddo." He licked the nape of her neck, then peered over her body to see the pups.

She would have been able to tell the exact moment his eyes landed on them, because his body stiffened as though in extreme agony. The butterflies reached a crescendo, then, and the secui male leapt to his feet. He took a step back, his golden eyes full of fiery denial. "What the FUCK?!" He shook his head. "No. No way. Who were you fucking, Ayasha? There's no way I have black pups." He couldn't believe it, couldn't believe that three of his pups were shadow wolves. And if they were, then the other two were tainted as well. "I'll take care of this. I am not raising shadow wolves, it's not happening."

He'd drop them off the mountain. Or just leave them outside. It was mid-winter, afterall. They would simply fall asleep. But that wouldn't destroy the evil. He had to burn them. Yes. His gruff voice was no longer tender, but colder than ice, and harder than stone. "Get away from them. I'll snap their necks, and then I'll burn the corpses. I won't let the evil taint my family, my pack. It's not happening."

There was some part of him, some small piece buried deep in his mind that doubted this course of action. And then there were the butterflies, whispering of the evil of the pups, the danger Ayasha was in because of them. The butterflies were louder, they always were. "Move, Ayasha. I'll dispose of them. It won't hurt them at all. And then I'll deal with the issue of your infidelity."

Nowhere in his twisted mind did it occur to him that his father's father had been black, so the genes for black fur were in his blood. No, all he could think of was that she had to of slept with the enemy, the shadow wolves. That was the only explanation he had for why his offspring were tainted with evil. Afterall, he'd burned the shadow wolves he'd killed, always making sure it was outside of the pack's lands.

<style type="text/css">
.vcliamhellno b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.vcliamhellno p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vcliamhellno {margin:0 auto; width:401px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i40.tinypic.com/20aqqro.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 4px 4px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 423
[/html]
WC: 233

OOC: Sorry for being short compared to yours Sad

IC: Liam came in, excited to see her and the pups. He was excited by the fact they had five pups. He licked her neck and she started to relax, hoping that he wouldn’t mind that three of them were black. But he saw them and got angry. His body stiffened and the pups started to whimper. She pulled them to her to nurse.

He asked whom she was sleeping with and she growled. ”Only you, Liam! And wasn’t one of your grandparents black? Just because there are black pups, does not mean I’ve slept around. I could have also had a relative with black fur.” The pups started to whine at her mother becoming upset.

When he got angry, she did as well. ”HELL NO! There is no way that I’m going to let you kill our pups.” She glared at him and knew that she would keep her mate from hurting her pups. She didn’t care if they were his as well, she would let him hurt his own pups. ”You’re going to have to kill me before you hurt the pups, Liam. I may love you but those pups deserve a chance to live.” Her voice was hard and firm. She was not going to give up on this matter. She gave him a glare and put her arms around her pups to shield them from her mate and their father.
As she started yelling at him, he stiffened again, his lips pulling back from his fangs. He lifted his head above hers a growl rumbling in his throat. "Ayasha, they are tainted, they are not pups, they are demons. They need to be executed." He bit off the words as though they were poison. As she told him he would have to kill her before he would hurt the shadow pups the blood in his veins ran cold. His eyes hardened, his ears pinning back in aggression, his tail lifting in dominance.

"Ayasha, I will give you one more chance. Move. If you don't, then I will know you are in league with the shadow wolves, and you will be destroyed as well." It was as if the shadow wolves were in the previously comfortable den, as if they had taken over and were pushing him out, pushing his mate away from him. His heart sank even as it hardened against her. He knew he would have to kill her as well, and in some way, it shattered him.

A conversation played in his mind between himself and the butterflies.
"Kill her."
"But I love her...."
"Kill her."
"She's my mate."[/b]
[i]"She betrayed you. She betrayed us."

"I can't."
She is evil, and she must be destoryed along with them.
"Please, don't make me do this."
"Kill her. You have no choice now. You must."

He blinked, his eyes glazing over. And then, he lunged....
WC: 228

IC: She was getting a bit afraid but she had to protect her pups. ”They are not tainted or demons, but simple pups! Just like Tammy was before you ripped her apart, Liam.” That might have been a rather low blow but it needed to be taken care of. She was not going to let him hurt her pups, mate or not.

He then talked about how she was in league with the shadow wolves and she growled. ”The only thing I’m in league with is our pups safety. And if that makes you hate me, then hate me! I will not let you have our pups.” She put them behind her and her hackles raised. It was likely that he would attack her and she wanted to be ready.

His eyes glazed over, which meant that he was in the control of the butterflies, and lunged at her. She met him and clamped onto his shoulder, angry with him but begging him to not make her do this to him. She loved him, yes, but she wasn’t going to let him hurt their kids. She had always worried about this happening and hoped when she found out that she was pregnant that none of them would be black, not because she wouldn’t love them but fear out of their safety. It seemed like her nightmares had come true.
Liam giggled, an eerily crazed sound, as she bit down on his shoulder. He stepped back, his eyes glazed and glittering, no sanity in them what so ever. "Step into my parlor, said the spider to the fly... you said that to me once, when you snapped my sister's neck. And now, shadow demon, it's my turn." He giggled again as he lunged at his mate and the pups again, seeing only the shadow wolves that had destroyed his family, destroyed his life.

His jaws snapped, his claws raking the monster's flesh. He could smell the afterbirth and the blood. And then he lunged past the larger shadow to where the smaller ones huddled together. His crazed glare saw only shadows, his jaws clamping down around one of the pups. He saw only a shifting nebulous shadow wolf. Ayasha would see the white pup, the one that would have grown to be her twin. He shook his head rapidly like a pup worrying a bone for the last scraps of meat.

A scream tore from the pup as his jaws turned her midsection to pulverized flesh. The now limp body slipped from his mouth as the larger shadow barreled into him. He was knocked back, the large shadow between the smaller ones and himself. He giggled again, a ghastly sound. "You can't keep me from them forever, bitch."

His voice was low now, gravelly and hoarse. He crouched for a moment, his bloodied fangs snapping at the air between the two of them. "It's my mission, I've fought it too long. It's my mission, I've fought it too long. It's my mission, I've fought it too long...." He kept chanting this as he lunged again at the larger shadow wolf.

The butterflies whispered approvingly at the male who had finally snapped under the weight of his mental illness.

((WC 308))
WC: 252

IC: Her blood ran cold at the sound of her mate’s deranged giggle. She searched his eyes desperately for any signs that her mate was there only to see that there was no more sanity left. Her mate had been replaced by the monster that the butterflies created. His jaws managed to get on her shoulder and she growled in pain.

He then pushed past her to grab one of the pups, the white one. He didn’t even get a pup that was what he thought was a shadow wolf. Did he grab the one that would look like her on purpose? Maybe subconsciously. She tried to stop him but he was too strong for her. He had the pup around the middle and she watched horrified as he shook his daughter, completely destroying her belly, making her scream.

She then felt Liam barrel into her and she grunted at his words, trying to tear into him, trying to keep the rest of her pups safe from their father. His weight was getting her and she felt her strength start to go. His fangs started to sink into her throat…

…And she woke up screaming. Liam was next to her and she wasn’t pregnant and there were no pups. She bolted up and looked around frantically. Her breath and heartbeat were slowing down back to normal as she realized that it was all a nightmare. She sighed and snuggled into Liam, figuring he would wake up and want to know what was wrong.
((wc 226))

He jerked awake as his mate screamed, his golden eyes flashing to the entrance of their den before searching her for injury. She nuzzled into him, and he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. He could feel how hard her heart was beating, could smell the fear rising from her in waves. He looked at her solemnly, swallowing. "What was it, kiddo?"

He wasn't oblivious to her occasional nightmares. Sometimes she told him about them, sometimes not. He had the feeling the ones she didn't talk about were worse than the ones she did tell him about. He knew more than once she'd dreamt about the pups they would someday have, though the spirits had so far denied him the chance to be a father.

He kissed her forehead gently, feeling her tremble in his embrace. Sometimes he wondered if she would be better off if he left, if she would be better off finding someone more stable than him. He hadn't done anything terrible in ages, not since he destroyed the shadow wolf who'd been trespassing on pack lands. And as far as he knew, she didn't know about it. He had started a fire and made sure the body was well burned so no one would find it. He had come back to her with smoked venison from his successful hunt afterward.
WC: 218

IC: She figured that he would be awake when she screamed. He had been there for her nightmares and when she snuggled into him, he wrapped his arms around her. She was shaking and though she heard his question, she remained silent for the moment. She briefly wondered if she should tell him or not but decided that he should know.

She took a deep breath to slow her heartbeat and steady herself. ”I had a nightmare about us. I had just given birth to five pups: one was white, one was brown like you, and the rest were black. You had been kicked out of the den and when you came in, at first you were so happy. Until you saw that three of them were black. Then you wanted to kill them.” She was crying and took a moment to collect her thoughts.

”I refused and you asked who I had slept with besides you and then you accused me of being in league with the shadow wolves. You then attacked me after I refused to let you kill them. Then you killed the one that was colored like me before turning on me again. You were about to kill me when I woke up.” She burrowed her head into his chest and let him hold her.
((wc: 251))

He listened to her words silently, stroking her mane slowly. Her nightmare ran through his mind as though he could see it just from listening to her words. He kissed the top of her head gently, his voice soft and carefully neutral as he spoke. "How frightened you must have been." His thoughts were racing, though his spoken words were few.

This dream must have been a message from the spirits. If he had pups they would be tainted by the shadows. It broke his heart to think that he'd never be given the chance to be a father. He'd wanted to give his sons a better life than he'd had, a life with both mother and father around, a life free from the shadow wolves, free from pain and death.

Why had the spirits spoken to Ayasha and not himself? He'd always been faithful to the spirits, he'd always been strong for his mate. He performed the rituals that were needed when they were called for. He let out a soft breath.

"You know I would never hurt you, kiddo. I'd rather kill myself than hurt you. That's the only thing of worth Taliesin ever taught me, was that the females are never to be hurt in anger. The only hurt that is acceptable is that of childbirth." He nuzzled her gently, kissing her again.

After a moment, he spoke softly, questioning her. "You do know I wouldn't hurt you, right, my love?" His ears fell back, expressing his concern.
WC: 218

IC: She let him stroke her hair as she talked. She found it soothing and felt the fear from the nightmare slowly going away. She nodded at his question even though it wasn’t exactly a question that she needed to answer. It was rather obvious that she had been frightened. Plus, there was something off about his voice. But she wouldn’t really ask.

He got quiet for a moment and she studied his face for a moment. She wondered if he was worried about the dreams that she had showing the future. She knew that he wanted to be a dad and knew that she wanted to be a mother. ”I’m sure that the dreams don’t mean anything. If, no when, we have kids, everything will be fine.”

She nodded at knowing that he would never hurt her. He had shown that he wouldn’t. She frowned at calling his father not by dad or something but by his first name but didn’t pursue it. Her nightmare had left her drained and as he nuzzled her, her eyes started to close. At his question, she sleepily nodded and was soon fast asleep. There would be no more nightmares tonight. Not when she was asleep in her mate’s arms. There were questions to be dealt with that could wait for later.
Liam watched his mate drift back to sleep. He himself was wide awake, thinking. His thoughts shifted rapidly like wind blown pollen. He did want to be a father, and she wanted to be a mother, but the spirits sent her messages about how the future would play out if that were to happen. He watched Ayasha's chest rise and fall in slow gentle movements, his gaze void of emotion. Until the spirits send more positive messages, he would continue to render his mate barren with the golden thread tea. They had made it a ritual to drink tea together, it was really easy for him to steep some golden thread into the tea.

He slipped out of her embrace without waking her, and slipped out of the den. He'd gotten lost one day, and found a nice well hidden room. That was where he kept his trophies, and his offerings to the spirits. A small piece of the leg bone he'd pulled off of Tameri, several skulls and femurs, and one tanned hide, a black bear cub. He knelt and began the blood letting ritual, letting out the poison of the butterflies, and begging the spirits to allow him and Ayasha to be allowed to have a litter of pups.

After a while he slipped back into the den, again without waking his mate. His calf was sore from the fresh cuts, but his mind was at peace. He would stop steeping the golden thread, and begin using herbs to make himself and Ayasha more fertile. In a vision sent from the spirits, he and Ayasha had a pure white litter, except for one male who looked just like him. The spirits would bless him as long as he continued to honor them. He needed to go hunting soon, to destroy another Shadow wolf and make another offering to the spirits.

The male closed his eyes, slipping into a deep and dreamless sleep, his hand resting easily on where his seed would soon be taking root within his mate's body.

((WC 341. Dude Liam is twisted.))