Joining
Character Name: Anon (Collins, but she just goes by Anon)
Character Birthdate: May 11th, 2010
Species: 50% Canis Lupus, 50% Canis Albus
Is your character a Luperci?: Ortus
Other 'Souls Characters: N/A
How you found 'Souls?: Kitty! (Alaki)
Are you joining a pack?: AT.
If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?:
Character profile or three writing examples:

Appearance:

A medium length, but thick coat lays over Anon in many shades of black and grey. her deep guard hairs start at a pale grey, almost white, and tip to a jet black. Rust mingles through the darker parts of her coat in certain lights. The sides of her maw are white, as are her inner ears. She has bright yellow eyes, that seem normal, but her right eye is marbled with bits of light blue, often when she glares or squints it seems that the eye is just blue altogether. She has a very narrow muzzle, and broad head. Her ears are rounded more then normal, making it seem as though they are almost flat at the point. White feathering on her legs and tail are lighter in the summer and more of pale grey in the winter, blending with her coat more. Her build is really neither thick nor thin, but a mix of both species. Her legs seem to long and body to thick. In Optime form, Anon is pear shaped in the middle with thinner legs and top half. She isn't very chesty and isn't in the least bit sad about that. She has long hair, reaching just bellow her chest area. A sideswept fringe that she usually tucks under her hair, clipped with a bobbypin. (behind a human ear if she had one, as a good example) She wears a piece of cow skin leather cloth as a headband just beyond her fringe tied in a sloppy bow at the top. Her chest is often covered with a simple cow leather strip, her bottom half is covered by cut off jeans she found in an old house up in the mountains along her travels. She is always doing something to her jeans though, because they often fray at the ends. Anon is known for making most of her own clothes a lot of the time, but loves her jeans, so tries to keep them as alive as she can.

Precise Size
Form Weight Height Length
Lupus 72 lbs. 30 in. 60 in
Secui 120 lbs. 40 in 72 in
Optime 220 lbs 6ft 2in --
Preferred Form: Lupus

Biography:

Anon was the birth of a one night stand. Her mother never really spoke much of it other then she was promised to much and left with to little. It made her bitter toward love and she often shied away from it. When Anon was around 8 months of age she was taveling with her mother in the mountains, the snow was thick and it was hard to see anything around them. She complained of her feet being cold and tired, but her mother pushed them on and on, in a desperate search for something that she was left in the dark about. For days they pushed on and Anon could feel her body weakening, her skin getting tighter around her bones. Much more of this and her mother would drive them to death. At night she would hear, while she pretended to be asleep, her mother talking about a grey wolf. Blue eyes.

Flash back. Anon was romping around a meadow, the green grass and colorwheel of flowers all around her, taller then her. A white pup jumped on her back and tackled her to the ground, soft growls errupting from its chest. A chuckle escaped her maw and she wiggled, trying to get free or turn the tables. Finally breaking free she spun quickly and stood, rearing on her back legs and kicking her front paws.
"I am going to get you Taksumi!" She growled and came back to the ground, charging at the male pup. End of flash back.

"Mother I want to go home! I am tired and my feet are bleeding!" She moaned agonizingly, but shut her mouth when teeth were suddenly bared in her face.

"You always complain Anon! Don't you ever think of anyone but yourself! We have to find someone, and we are not going to stop till we find him!" Alisandra hissed, her teeth still bared.

Anon stopped, her yellow and blue marbled eyes scanning the figure before her. Wind blew the soft white pelt of her mother about, making it more apparent that they hadn't eaten in days, maybe weeks. Time seemed to be nonexsistant to Anon anymore, she wasn't sure about anything other then dark and light, and even that was foggy. She glared, a menacing stare right back at the she-wolf.

"Don't you care about me?!?" Anon hissed. She felt unloved, unwanted by her mother these days. Like she was just a pest clinging to her pelt.

"I care about finding this wolf, and you should to if you want to live! Now get a move on, we have a lot of ground to cover." She said finally and turned to trudge on. Anon wasn't finished.

"We wont get anywhere mother, if we don't stop now. I will drop dead if you keep me at this! My feet are bleeding!" She cried, letting the tears fall. It wasn't out of pain or fear, it was for affect. Anon was capable of hunting for herself and she was not going to let herself die. She would as soon as leave then let that happen, but the affect of it could help her now.

Her mother turned again and let out a snapping growl, yelling now. "I SAID MOVE ANON!!" She boomed. It was only seconds.

Snow. Everywhere.

Everything flashed before Anon's eyes and she ran, ran as fast as she could in all the wrong directions. Stop Anon, STOP! Stopping she looked back and could see the snow starting to settle. Tears filled her eyes, this time it was fear. She turned slowly and headed back toward where her mother had been standing. Her nose scanned the ground, scenting for something, anything. When she stopped, her nose twitched at the ground furiously.

"Mother?" she asked the blank white ground.

Digging furiously she cried harder, tears blurring her eyes, her bloody paws staining the snow a pinkish red. She growled and pushed past the pain, digging and digging. Finally, fur. The white fur blended with the snow, almost unnoticable except to the touch. She cried out mother again, but wasn't sure if it was in her head or out loud. Uncovering the head of her mother from the deep snow she shook her head, ridding of the tears blocking her view. It was still. The eyes of her mother were unmoving. She stumbled back and shook her head again. No.. No this is not happening. It can't be. She thought, frantically searching for a logical answer to all of this. There is no logical answer to death. It just happens. Her rear end it the ground in a soft thud, her scared eyes still staring. She closed them to finally rest, letting her front legs give away beneath her. Snow flurried up around her and settled slowly. She kept her eyes closed. She couldn't stay here forever though, she had to move on eventually, even if her mother was alive she could never dig her out on her own. She let her ears go flat and let out soft sobs. Where do I go now? As soon as she thought it, she heard a gurgle. Her head shot up and she looked at her mother, trying to lift her head. She stood, it was a fluid moment and was next to the white she-wolf.

"Mother?" She wrasped.

Anon's mother looked at her with weak eyes and glared, causing the grey-black she-wolf to stumble back a bit. She looked at her with questioning eyes and tilted her head. why was she mad? She stared for a long moment and was about to speak when her mother growled a weak growl, silencing her.

"You left me! How could you just leave me without saying anything Anon?" She hissed, her voice weakening with every word.

"I thought you heard it, I heard it before I saw it. Mother I can't dig you out by myself..." She cried, tears streaming again.

Her mothers glare was enough to burn holes through her heart. "I will never find him and its your fault.. You weigh me down Anon, you makes everything so much harder then it is!" She growled with fury. "Now get digging, you can do it."

"I can't!"

"YES YOU CAN! NOW ANON!" She yelled, her voice gaining some strength back. A glare came across Anon's face and she backed away.

"I can't, and I wont." She retorted.

"Anon I said now!" Another weak yell.

Anon backed away farther and turned, leaving her mother in the snow bank. She blinked back the tears that threatened again and held up her head high. She could hear her mothers yells and screams for her to come back, but she ignored. At the very edge of the mountain side, before going down she looked back over her shoulder.

"I can't keep with your love." She said quietly and bounded down the side of the mountain, the pain in her paws still a distant ache in the back of her mind.

For many months after that, she traveled alone, making everything on her own. When she discovered she was able to shift, she rejected it at first, staying in her lupus form as much as possible, only using her Optime form to gather things she couldn't with her teeth. She hated that she was not normal. No one in her wildest dreams had ever shifted and she thought maybe it was just a dieases of some sort. Later, after spying on a few loners and "packs" She found that it was normal, but it is still something she rejects most of the time in herself. It is not "normal". For the past month she has been circling and eying a certain pack, contemplating to join if they allow it, but as for how things are going on her own, she needs them.

Personality:

Rational: Anon is very rational about things, and thinks with her brain, not her emotions, most of the time. Although things sometimes get the better of her it is unlikely for her to just jump to conculsions.

Devoted: She is insanely devoted to anything and anyone she sets her mind to. If they saved her life, she feels she owes them her life. If she is told to protect the pack, she will fight for them till the death. Its not something she has questioned since the passing of her mother. A lot of things changed after that and this was one of them.

Sensitive: Although being rational is a big part of how Anon thinks, she is also very sensitive to everything. Something you say can hurt her feelings or make her angry in an instant, but she is never far from thinking of it like it had a meaning and why.

Hard-working: She is very dedicated to her work, and spends most of her time thinking about it or doing it. Its her job, so it must be done.

Mysterious: Anon never gives off more then she has to though. If she says "My name is Anon, she means that it is it and thats all to be said. She keeps to herself and rarely opens up to others.

Dishonest: She can be insanely dishonest when she doesn't feel the truth needs to be told. It is a major flaw in her personality, one she took on from her mother. She doesn't always mean to lie, but it keeps her alive, or so she thinks.

Picky: Anon is very opinionated and always has a preference on something. This gets her in trouble a lot of the time because she isn't afraid to tell people how she thinks or feels.

Serious: No sense of humor wakes the body of this wolf most of the time. Times are hard and things always look bleak, who has time to joke?
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...
  • ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.
Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! The Mentors can assist you with writing, roleplaying, and understanding 'Souls concepts. Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.