Sun and moon

It had been a very long time since Imhotep had danced. He never did it in public though because he knew he would this kind of response from his subjects. He didn’t enjoy being stared at but that wasn’t it entirely. He knew his respect came from fear and duty to the pharaoh. If he was always to stoop to their level then they would lose the fear aspect. He would be just like them but for his queen maybe it would be ok.

No matter how rough the sea or how hot the sun he would be by her side this vow he was making here tonight before all his people. They were to accept her as queen and he was to pledge his life to her. Though she was to only sleep with him, he didn’t have to do the same. Nothing in his mind seemed wrong about this but in a way maybe he knew.

“Let the path be as rocky as it wants. I have you” He said. Like a snake charmer he was able to tame the serpent within his red vixen. She was his and would be forever though he would rather leave out talking about many of his cultures customs. Locking eyes with her he smiled pulling her close after she spun. She kissed him and it almost made him flush red, but the fire burning for her allowed him to kiss her back before she broke it to speak.

Love such a thing seemed to actually exist in his life and some day he would have children. He hoped that her body was strong enough to carry them. She seemed so delicate and he never wanted to put her in harms’ way but it was also her duty. “Will you always love me?” He asked as he pushed her way slightly pulling her close again turning them both around as she stopped a leaned in to touch his nose to hers. He would always be like this for her and never put her in a situation where she’d see the worst side of the mighty pharaoh. He always wanted her to love him because he would always love her. “Come no need to stay here any longer I’d love to show you the pools under the moon light.” He said golden eyes looking at her. He did so dearly want nothing more then her to be happy.