WC: 288
Character Name: Fatin Nejem
Character Age: 2
Preferred Specialized Rank: Genko; Daigu
OOC Name: Becca
Other Characters Played: Ayasha
OOC Second Form of Contact: roleary87@gmail.com on AIM or MSN
Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

IC: Fatin had travelled far from her home, all the way from Turkey. It had taken her quite a few months to get here to Souls and she was glad to be off that stupid boat. She could tell that Asad and their animals were all happy to be off the boat. Right now they were travelling on horseback on their horses, Aziz and Atifa, with her cat, Bastet, lounging in front of her on Aziz. How that cat could lay down on a moving horse was beyond her.

She had asked some of the canines in Freetown what the packs were like and they had given her a short description of each pack. She was most intrigued by this Ichika no Ho-en. It seemed like a place that she and Asad could easily fit into. There was apparently a place in the pack for a sorceress like her and a guard like Asad.

Speaking of Asad, that man was rather persistent with his trying to woo her. Being away from other canines made it hard for her to stay away from his continual flirting. Of course she would normally enjoy his attention but several months worth of it was a bit much. She knew that he meant well by it yet she still wanted to be free from any serious attachments.

The two of them soon approached the borders of Ichika no Ho-en and they stopped a little bit away from the borders. ”Do you think we’ll be accepted, Asad?” Her words were in Arabic and he gave a nod. She grinned at his quietness and he blushed. She chuckled and turned her attention back to the border and howled politely for someone to come and greet her.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

A break, if one could call it that, was at last hers to have even if it was to take part in yet another duty warranted by rank. It was not rare they the lands receive visitors, but with such intriguing octaves it was a treat to behold. Her patient task of foraging for greens was temporarily placed on hold once the summoning called reached her ears. The vigilant eye of her companion went out without hesitation, acting as the first line of scrutiny before wolven eyes could behold their guest.

Carried by the chilled winds, he circled the air above the strikingly red female, carefully dipping low to better assess her wares before relaying his information for the approaching she-wolf. The Nomad approached with usual ease, taking care to conserve what energy she had managed to muster for later use. With the days past occurrences her mood had not bettered but for the sake of greeting a stranger she managed to adhere to a neutral composure, no more than an expect expression of delicately raised brows and slightly upturned lips in greeting. Softly, she sang of her welcome whilst lifting her arm to call for her avian guide and have him return to her shoulder again.

She came upon the horse carried pair with mild acknowledgement to their steeds for her attention was better set on the exotic pair themselves. Politely the female inclined her head, reiterating her previously uttered greeting. “Strangers, welcome,” she extended with a voice treading along the octaves of a whisper. “The lands that you near are those of Ichika no Ho-en. Might I ask what brings you to our borders this day?”

ooc: 278 words.

[/html]
WC: 203; OOC: Thanks for the quick reply Smile And sorry for the slight shortness.

IC: They did not have wait long for something to answer their call though it was not a canine but a bird that came to investigate. For a moment she wondered if they had come to the right place when an actual canine came towards them. She sang out her greeting and then held out her arm. The bird that had investigated them landed on her shoulder.

The greeter inclined her head politely and Fatin gave a friendly grin and Asad nodded his head in response. ”Hello there. I am Fatin Nejem and this is my friend, Asad. We are here to look for a place to settle in. We were in Freetown and were told of Ichika no Ho-en and we decided that it would be a good place to live.” She spoke for both of them since Asad would not be inclined to speak to a stranger.

The animals apparently wanted their names told and she grinned a little in amusement. ”My horse is named Aziz and Asad’s horse is called Atifa. And my feline friend here is Bastet.” She would wait to be asked her history and what their skills were before she said what they could do and their interests.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eowl-1.jpg); background-color:#531F11; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

The Nomad took great care in her inspection of the two, attempting to keep a comfortable air while she proceeded her inquisition as she silently stalked around them. It did not surprise her that she could not place their scents from the exotic aroma of the world they came from. As it was with most that traveled these lands, they were foreigners to it, not yet enveloped in the familiar earthen allure. Such distance in scent only gave notice to how new they were to these lands and better helped their story.

Carefully she rounded from the backs of their steeds to the heads of the riders as the female introduced them and their animals in turn. Interesting as this little band was to her, she could not permit their wonder to distract her. Yet the airs of authority were not adorned. Not when she her own encounter upon the borderline were to no such degree rude or uncomfortable. The least she could do was honor that moment that had filled her with hope for this place and extend that generosity that was so graciously bestowed to her those months before.

With no attention directed to himself, the nameless owl appeased himself by taken a woven lock of auburn mane into beak and teased the tendrils with fervent determination. As used to his behavior as she was, she did not so much as glance at him despite his annoying efforts to be acknowledged. The Nomad carried on smoothly. “It is a pleasure to meet you both, Fatin. Asad. I am X’yrin, our land’s warrior and lead Envoy. And while I am pleased to know of your interest in our home, I must ask why you believe this place to be a fit for you. As I have never been to Freetown, I would not know whether to agree or deny their claims. Perhaps you could tell me what it is you seek from Ichika.”

ooc: i apologize. This thread might just be a series of short posts. 324 words.

[/html]
WC: 205

IC: While the greeter studied her and Asad, she took the chance to study the other woman. Asad stole glances at her while she did so. She knew that they smelled different since they were newcomers to the land. Plus, they also probably stuck out like sore thumbs in other ways as well. But that didn’t bother her too much. She didn’t mind being different from other people.

The woman was polite and not unfriendly which gave her hope that they would be accepted into Ichika no Ho-en. If they were all as nice as this one was, she had high hope that she could easily make friends with others. Asad was silent and watchful and yet not too intimidating. He knew that he couldn’t give them any reason to reject them.

She gave X’yrin a friendly smile. ”It is a pleasure to meet you, X’yrin. I think that Ichika would be a good fit for my friend and me since I, well, I practice magic and was told that there is a rank for that. Though I can also dance. Asad can do guard duty and general muscle.” She hoped that her interest in magic would not be a reason that she couldn’t be accepted.
[html]

Truth be told, her ears had been expecting words of great ability, or perhaps a history of escaping a troubled life to seek refuse within the open arms of their lands. But to hear of such a creative skill as magic came as quite a shock to the Nomad. An ear perked in interest as again her gaze drifted between the female and her male counterpart. When his possible role as a guard was offered, the woman could not help but visually inquire about his form. Where the body of his companion was lithe and light, his was the opposite, more built for offense and guard as was suggested. The difference between the two when placed side by side was almost comical. No doubt he was suited to fulfill the role.

“The class in which you speak of are the Creationists,” her gaze returned to the female as she spoke. “And your companion would be better suited to the Envoy ranks, of which I lead. If these are roles the two of you wish to fill, you must know that it is not without some exhibition of your abilities. Only when you prove that you can care for yourselves as well as the others of the pack will you be able to ascend to your desired roles. Even magicians must be able to show they can hunt and fill other essential tasks before captivating us with their wonders.” Kindly, the woman smiled.

“But before you are given this chance,” she continued, the smile waning as the seriousness of their requests came to light once more. All enthusiasm and hope aside, there was protocol to be adhered to not just for their benefit, but for the safety of the individuals the woman protected. “I must ask the two of you a question. The conditions of which matter little and only the truth is advised; have either of you taken a life? Be it to defend yourselves, or protect a loved one; have you killed?”

ooc: 333 words.

[/html]
WC: 228

IC: Apparently her interest in magic caused a bit of shock for the greeter. Fatin wondered if she had ever met another canine that was interested in magic. It seemed that it was unusual for someone to be interested in the same things as she was. Her eyes caught X’yrin’s looking between the two of them, seeming to judge not only their abilities but also the difference between the two. She had a look of amusement at this.

She described what their choices was part of and how they needed to prove themselves as contributing pack members. She nodded in response to her words. ”Of course. I would expect nothing less. We can both hunt. My heritage is a scenthound. And Asad can help train others to protect themselves or with projects that need muscle.” Asad nodded at her words agreeing with them.

At the question that she was posed, Fatin was slightly surprised. Of all questions, why that one? It made no matter. ”Not directly. My father was a leader and had many guards. I was free with my love with some of them and my father became angry, killing the man I was with and kicking me from his land.” Asad then spoke, ”I have never needed to kill another person.” She gave him a smile at his answer but then turned to X’yrin for her judgement.
[html]

“Then if this is the truth for both of you, I ask that you raise your right hands, and repeat these words with only sincerity;

'I am a Nejem, I am an Ichikan. I am Asad, I am Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life.'"

ooc: Words not counted toward SSWM

[/html]
She nodded at saying the words and raised her right hand. ”I am a Nejem. I am a Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life.” Asad did the same and Fatin asked, ”Are we accepted then?”
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!

[html]

Once the recitation was completed by both parties and the sincerity in their voices was heard, the Envoy lead visibly relaxed and offered both newly inducted members with a soft, welcoming smile. “You are indeed accepted,” she bequeathed their acceptance with some manner of pride in her voice. Stepping aside from in front of them, she drew an arm from her chest to span the vast scenery that lead into the heart of their lands. “Until you have completed our initiation task, consider the free lands yours to make a form for yourself. Once you are fixed into your desired class, there will be more appropriate lodgings available to you. Please take this time to learn the lands for yourself. I apologize for not showing you myself, but there are tasks that I must completely while the daylight is still high. But please, do not hesitate to find me when you are situated.”

Only time would tell if this admittance into the pack would bode well for them. It was her sincerest hope that this course was what the pair sought. But time managed to change the minds of many, as was shown by the dwindling numbers of this peaceful pack. She could do nothing but watch really, and take each day as it came. And adopting this new philosophy, she left the pair to acquaint themselves with the lands as she took stride again to complete her daily tasks along the borders.

[exit X'y]

ooc: 243 words.

[/html]