[m] the beginnings of evil
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

ooc: Takes place in Ethereal Eclipse a few miles outside of CdA borders. This bastard brought to you by Nuki. WC 260

The noonday sun lorded over the great forest of the Ethereal Eclipse but for all its glory it only cast a meager light upon the trees. Winter was the weakest season for the skylord, and so its light barely streamed through the rustling boughs. The snowfall had managed to penetrate the woods here, though, and where the sun did shine it reflected off of the sparkling powder with beatific radiance. And among that white glean was a snowshoe.

The hare didn't see the wolf man, for he too was white as cloud and here in this snowy forest he was concealed. Slipping around the trunk of a great oak, he stalked his prey, crouching low in his Optime body while the unsuspecting creature foraged for the last grass among the snow. The small nose of the bunny worked, sniffing nervously, hoping to sustain life rather than lose it. Poor little bugger.

The hunter remained perfectly silent as he lunged forward, not even a battle grunt coming from his throat. He leaped like a frog, arms stretched out before him as he belly flopped in the snow. Anyone watching the man hunt the rabbit in such a preposterous way would probably have laughed, but when the powder dust cleared there in a trench of disturbed snow lay the man with the wriggling hare. One quick twist of his wrist and the animal was dead, and the white man settled on his rump Indian-style to eat his lunch. Little did he know he took his meal dangerously close to a pack's borders.
[html]

naive girl..

Word Count :: +idk

The sun glared into the young girl’s eyes as if trying to make her stay home, though its efforts were for nothing as she wandered around thick trees of the forest around her pack. Her eyes danced as she moved through the trees, her movements’ fluid as she almost trotted down a few of the steep hills. If she was a normal girl she would have had her giggles chiming through the trees but instead she moved without a sound escaping her but for a soft rhythm of her breathing.

Today she was in a good mood, she had a new flute from her father with flowers decorating its sides and she even had a new mental picture as she saved her new friend’s rendition of her in the snow incased in her mind. Her voice laughed in her own head as she thought of their little drawing section, her new lavender looking streak that was fading for her inner ankle to her toes. She was such a klutz, she always had paint or some form of color matted in her fur but today. Today she has nothing but the lavender mark; she was running low on pain so she was saving it until her mother could find more.

A soft sigh escaped her as her movements slowed and she reached a large gap in the trees, Her indigo eyes looked back to the trees. She was not far from her pack, she would surely be able to summon someone to her if she tried but today she wanted to be alone for once. Thinking about the blind woman and how her blindness was caused. Shaking her head she turned back to her path only to see a light colored man. Was he there the whole time? How she not notice him before? Shrugging in her mind she began to walk towards the man not giving him a warning or even noticing her walk was getting more famine as she grew. Her nose flared at the smell of the blood of his lunch, wrinkling lightly before rerunning to her emotionless state. Her head tilted lightly as she looked at his white coat, softly marked with gold in some spots. Finally she stopped about two feet away and asked her question, ”Who are you?” She asked in a toneless voice before tilting her head again. ”How did you catch the rabbit, they are so hard to even track.” She asked again her eyes glittering with curiosity; she was never able to truly catch a rabbit yet. They were just too fast for her not fully matured body.

<style>
.Juliet { background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/18kyee.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:480px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:275px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Juliet b {color:#530200; }
.Juliet p { color:#3e1f39; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.Juliet p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.Juliet .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c;}
.Juliet .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
</style>
[/html]
The crunching sound of paws in the snow was his first alert that someone was drawing near, and his head jerked up with a slight growl in his throat. Someone was probably coming to try to get in on his lunch and he wasn't going to entertain that notion for a minute. Yet when the person finally emerged through the trees, twitching her fluffy little tail and swinging those hips like she did, the growl faded.

Sky blue eyes looked her up and down, making no attempt at hiding the delight in them at seeing such a picture of loveliness before him. It was strange that the girl was splashed with lavender here and there, and he wondered what it was from. It didn't seem to have a particular pattern and he figured it was there by mistake, not the markings of some kind of tribe. Still, just looking at her, he doubted she lived alone. Still, despite the beauty of her form, he was sure to gather up his catch in his hands so she couldn't pull some move to take it from him.

Standing, he faced her, a smile coming to his muzzle as he prepared to lay on the charm. “My name is Fenin, and I caught it because I've practiced how for years. You don't live alone for as long as I have, my dear, by catching big prey.” He chuckled softly.

“Now, what about yourself? Who are you and where did you appear from?” Despite the charm he laced into his voice, he still couldn't help but direct the question to her boobs instead of her face. He caught himself, though, and shifted his gaze so she might not notice the desire her form inspired within him.

((wc 294))
[html]

naive girl..

His eyes moved, from her face to her body, much like hers did but this was different. Something about that look just did not seem right to her but she really did not think twice about it. It was unknown to her, the look of want and desire to have something in font of her. She lacked that expression as she was not even a year yet, she did not understand what any part of it meant. Instead her focus fell from his clever prey to just his eyes, finding that they were a lovely shade of blue. It was like the sky, though instead of up above it was painted into his eyes. The girl found herself growing jealous over sure pretty eyes.

He smiled but she made no attempt to return such a facial expression as it was hard to muster up any emotional cure like that without extreme forms of emotion. Instead she smiled with a sparkle in her eye, very pleased by him giving up his name and how he caught the quick rabbit. Though she found it sad that she would have to live alone for a while to learn how to catch the crazy creature. The girl was hoping for more of a way of catching it not just saying it took practice. ”How much practice?” She pushed, wanting to know more as she stepped forward a few more steps.

Juliet was not interested in taking his prey; she could read by his movement toward it that that was his thoughts. Shrugging she conveyed it by moved the topic back to his last question, though she was curious to where his eyes were if not at her face. ”My name is Juliet Moonsong, I live in the pack not too far from here. It’s called Cercatori d'Arte.” She gave the information with ease not finding this man to be a threat, her voice remaining emotionless. Again her eyes glittered with a smile but with nothing but a naive feel to them.

<style>
.Juliet { background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/18kyee.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#000000; width:480px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:275px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Juliet .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c;}
.Juliet .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
</style>
[/html]
She moved closer and now that she was close enough to the smell of the rabbit's blood didn't dominate the area he got a good whiff of her scent. It was so rare to come upon females in the wilderness, at least any that would willingly come so close and be so interested to talk like this one, that he found himself wanting more. Not only was she quite a beautiful face... and body... but she didn't scoff and leave him, nor did she challenge him for his food or the territory. It was some kind of balm to the traveler's soul, if even for the briefest moment.

He had only taken a few bites of his lunch when she showed up, but now he dropped the hare to the snow, finding a different kind of appetite replacing his hunger. “It's a pleasure to meet you, Juliet Moonsong.” But she said she was of a pack. He was damn sure he hadn't moved into a pack's lands, but still he glanced over each shoulder to see if any of her cohorts were nearby. Seeing that she was indeed alone, he turned his gaze back to her.

“Hmmf, I didn't realize, I hope I didn't intrude,” he said cordially, although he didn't mean the words at all. Things were going well, this strategy was working and he was keeping her here if even for just a moment of company.

His eyes glanced down at his hands for a moment, realizing that they had bloody stains on them. He wiped them together and then crouched and rubbed them in the snow, smiling sheepishly at her. “Sorry, I'm a mess. It's not often that I have company out here, you know?”

He stood back up and gestured towards the splashes of color on her, the ones that weren't natural. “Hope you don't mind me saying, Miss Juliet, but it looks like you've been up to something yourself. What's that on your fur there?”

((wc 334))
[html]

hmm..

The girl watched him, her eyes flickering with curiosity by his actions. First he was protective over his risky little catch and now he was leaving it half eaten in the snow. Odd, though Juliet found that those who were older than her did odd things. Like her father’s explanation of sarcasm and expressions, such a stupid way of speaking. Though she was getting slightly use to the way adults acted and moved contradicting their words and sometimes their own movements. Why did everyone always have to be so strange?

His voice came again and she let her thoughts drift away into the slight breeze that threw her scent towards the man. She was thankful that it took some of the overwhelming smell of blood away from her; she really disliked such a smell. He then spoke of intrusion, well that was odd. The pack was far enough away that he was in no danger or even would be known as a trespasser, man some people were strange. ”No, it’s okay. It’s a bit of a way off. Not too far yet not really close that you would be any trouble Fenin.” Her words held no emotion but again her eyes danced with a smile as she wanted to show him that he really was not a bother. After all she kind of liked company outside the pack, it had been rather hectic with Tammi’s murder and Liam’s new label.

e spoke of his hands and her eyes moved to them, the red staining the snow like the way her berry paint had. ”It’s okay, you do not look like a mess.” At least not on her standards, his hair was not all tangled and there was only a few spots of blood on his fur. That was not a mess to her. She looked to the new topic, her lavender marks. Her head tilted lightly as she thought of how she got them, though it clicked rather quickly. ”I made paint out of some nasty tasting berries, dropped the paint brush and it hit me.” She was really straight to the point as she shifted her weight lightly, from right to left. Today she did not seem to ask the questions, was a fun change of pace.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
By now it was starting to occur to the man that there was something a little... off... about this girl. She spoke strangely, full of questions, and there was no much there in her face to show for the curiosity. There was little to read from her, so he had to rely on her words and her presence to know that he wasn't losing her favor. No wonder why she said she was a pack wolf. She was a naive little one at that, too. Maybe she had one of those really protective packs who didn't teach their offspring diddly squat.

“Oh, so you're a painter?” He said as if it were the most exotic, interesting thing ever. In reality, he knew what paint was but never had a need for it. Mostly he had seen it on wolves within tribal packs, and he had seen some pieces of art in old abandoned human buildings, but as a loner life was about stay safe and finding your next meal. You didn't exactly have time to sit around and appreciate the roses.

“You know, you don't have to waste so much time making paint,” he offered casually, an idea suddenly coming to him. He wanted this girl's company, and he had an idea on how to keep her around for longer. Sure, eventually she would figure out that he was full of crap, but for now he might have the pleasure of prancing along with a pretty thing at his side. “I know where there's a whole stockpile. I think it was... left behind by some pack or other. Nobody's touched it for months. Every color you could imagine, too. Red, green, purple... I could show you if you like. I don't have any need for it or anything, so you'd be welcome to the claim.”

((wc 308))
[html]

Colors..

Her eyes sparkled with pride as he spoke of her being a painter; his facial expressions told her that he found it rather exciting as she gave a slight wag of her tail to show a small portion of her excitement. She loved talking about her paintings, talking about the way of painting and even talking about how to make the paint its self. Her reply came quickly after he made the question, though still was not expressing anything but a monotone voice. ”I love painting, it’s something my mother and father say I am good att.” A second swish of her tail followed after her words.

It wasn’t till he spoke of where to find some paint that her eyes seemed to light up with a whole new fire, paint in so many colors. She could finish her painting on the wall of the mirror image of the flowers Lorenzo gave her and the white trimmed window. ”Even the color white? I haven’t been apble to figure out how to make that monotone color.” Her voice still did not waver but she moved her body closer to his.

He had caught her attention; she was in his trap and had no idea of what was going on. All she wanted was her colors, paints so that she would not have to bug her mother to make some. She wasn’t one to pester someone that was busy. ”Will you really let me have them?” She spoke in the emotionless voice again, her eyes fixated on his. She wanted him to lead her to this stash if it was really okay for her to have it. She stepped even closer, leaving only a few inches between them.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
He chuckled softly, thinking of how endearing she was. “Monochrome, you mean,” he said, proud that he had something to teach her and that she might appreciate it. “Monotone is for sounds. Monochrome is for paintings and colors – one color, or shades of gray.” He winked, trying to give her the tidbit of information without sounding like he was insulting her or thought he was better than her.

“I'm not totally sure, but I bet there is white, too. What else did they make the colors from? But there's only one way to find out. It's quite a ways off but the path is pretty straightforward and simple. Let's go take a look,” he held out his hand for her to take, if she accepted. “Shall we? I'll show you the way.”

He smiled when she placed her hands in his. What a trusting girl, the thought and the touch sent little tingles of excitement through him. It had been a long time since he spent any quality time with a woman. He led her through the forest, away from where she said her pack was because he didn't want their time together to be interrupted. He tried to talk about inane things on the way, things that were a bit neutral and that wouldn't get him into trouble. He didn't want to risk her deciding that she didn't like him and leave him there, not after he found the company. So he spoke of the weather, of the cold, of the trees and of the hunt.

Finally they came to a place on the path where the trees parted to make a miniature clearing, and in that clearing stood a lone wooden shanty, somewhat decayed by the touch of time. He tried to hide his surprise at the fact that they had actually come upon some place in the wilderness. There was no shed full of paint anywhere, and he had only intended to lead her around, possibly pretend to get lost when she finally realized he wasn't actually producing any great paradise of paint.

“Oh,” he muttered, looking upon the shack and tilting his head. He narrowed his eyes as if really inspecting it. “I can't remember if this is it or not. It looks a little... different...”

((wc 387 - pp preapproved))
[html]

creeaakkk!

Monochrome, so that was the word. She looked down at her feet thinking of who she had been using the wrong word all along, which was stupid of her. Why had no one corrected her when she said the wrong thing before? How strange. Juliet looked at the man as he talked of where the place was, wanted to lead her by the hand. She thought nothing of it, she had always let Titania by the hand when she wanted to lead her somewhere.

She took his hand and he lead her a ways off, away from any comfort she had in calling for help if she needed it. Away from many places she knew though it was not far off from the path she had taken to get to Lorenzo’s pack on that day of exploration. They talked about many different things on the way, he talked about the weather she talked about the spring time. He spoke of the cold and the snow she spoke of grass and flowers; he spoke of trees and the hunt as she spoke of painting and the strange contraption known as the slingshot.

They finally stopped and she looked to his face, wanting to know of his emotions or any indicator that this was the place they were going. Fenin seemed confused, unsure if this was the place they were looking for. Slowly she removed her and from his, letting his warmth escaped from her and as she examined the shed looking structure. By the smell of this place it was old but there was no smell of paint anywhere, she moved further away from her companion. Her hips swaying lightly though she did not notice, the smell of moss was thick so there was no really indicator to help her find paint or whatever was inside the tiny looking house.

”Maybe if we look inside you will remember?” She spoke in a soft monotone, looking from him to the rusted handle on the shack. Juliet gripped the handle, pushing as hard as she could though the sharp creaking sound it made caused the girl to move back as if it was going to bite her. She looked abck at Fenin unsure if he wanted to explore the inside.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
The walk had been rather pleasant as they trekked through the snow and he was beginning to think that she actually might like him. He liked her, too, for more than just her pretty looks it seemed. She was easy to talk to... Actually, not really, she was kind of a pain in the ass with all of her questions and her impossible to read tone of voice, but he liked it all the same. It was much better than stalking around alone.

Why did they have to actually find a shack? Damn it. She looked keen to it from the start, though it could have just been the fact that he already knew there was not going to be any paint inside that made him think so. She was so quickly engrossed by the prospect that any conversation they were having was over, and her eyes now scrutinized the building. She took her hand from his and he felt the stab of loss, like a spell being broken. The feeling was so strong that he just stayed where he was while she moved toward the shack's door and tried to open it.

He quickly snapped back to reality when he saw those hips swaying in front of him, and now and then her tail would swing just enough to the side to give him a real nice view of the goods. He smiled, thinking this might have been better than the walk and talk they had just shared. A moment later, though, she did something to the door to make it creak and then turned to him a bit afraid of it.

Well, here was a chance to look chivalrous. He trotted over to her as if to take all the fright away. “It's just got old hinges,” he said as he grabbed the handle and pressed his palm against the middle of the door, pushing on it. With a hefty shove the rusted hinges broke loose, the bottom of the door scraping the floorboards as it opened.

“There you go!” He said, stepping aside to let her see inside. It was dark in there, only a cone of light shone in from the open door, the windows had been boarded up years ago so only slivers of light made it through the cracks.

“Oh,” he said, trying to sound surprised. “I don't see anything...” He muttered and moved in front of her, stepping into the shack and moving out of the way so she could follow if she chose, his eyes moving around to peer into the darkness, adjusting to the room to see exactly what was in there. As he adjusted to the dark, he saw little more than an old iron stove, a table covered in cob webs and dust, a few chairs and a modest bed, stained and half rotted by time.

((wc 481))
[html]

no colors..

When she looked back at him he seemed to smile, thinking wither that her act of being scared of the sharp sound or just thinking that it wasn’t that bad. Either way her ears flattened against her wild red hair, showing her discomfort with the sound and now the smell. The cream colored girl sneezed lightly as the dust from the old abandoned shake spilled out as he pushed the door in further. Her ears stayed pressed to her hair from just the pure smell of rot, metallic rust, and dust. They were not a pleasant combination of smalls or even together.

Indigo eyes watch as his frame seemed to dissipate into the darkness, her ears perking up lightly out of curiosity and almost a small prick of fear. What was in there? He moved aside and she stepped lightly in the door to see nothing but old human framework. Her nose wrinkled when the smells reached her nose again, the smell of decay was not her cup of tea. Though still Juliet pressed on for the sake of her companion, still hoping that there would maybe be some form of paint in this shake that clearly was not the one he was talking about.

Her eyes adjusted to the darkness as she looked at the moth eaten blanket that was hanging off the bed very slightly. How long had this place been abandoned, was this the first time it had been open since that day? She held these questions in knowing answers to her questions would never come, Fenin would not know how long it had been here. He did not even know that this shack was here right? ”No paints.” She breathed, her ears falling slightly in disappointment. ”I wonder why no one hadn’t found this place and made it their home.” She stated, thinking that a lone wolf like her companion would have cleaned this place up and save it from such decay. It wasn’t a bad place if it wasn’t so.. Stinky and dusty.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
He glanced over his shoulder and smiled at her as she followed him in, and he did his best to make his eyes seem apologetic. He moved to the table in the center of the room and righted one of the chairs that had fallen over decades ago, brushing dust off of the seat but he didn't sit down. “Sorry,” he said casually. “I guess this is the wrong place. I could have sworn it was in this direction. I wouldn't even know which way to go, if it isn't here.”

He moved over to the stove, and thought if the flu had been cleaned they probably could have had a nice fire there. It would light up the room some; there was even still a small wood pile there next to it that was nice and dry from years of waiting. Finding an old broom stick next to the iron stove he took it and poked it into the mouth, then up the flu. Surprisingly it was clean of most debris.

“How 'bout I light us a fire to warm us up a bit?” He flashed an angelic smile at her, and then began loading the wood into the belly of the stove. All the trimmings were there, and he found in the cupboard above an old lighter. He flicked it several times, and once the rusty age wore off the thing actually sparked to life. “Well I'll be damned...” he muttered to himself as he bent down and lit the fire. The wood caught easily even with as little kindling as there was, and soon the fire was large enough to cast a flickering glow into the room, making long, dancing shadows on the wall.

“Come here,” he waved his hand, trying to get her to come closer to the warmth of the fire. There was a short pause, and then he decided to brave another question. “Miss Juliet, I want to ask you something. I know we just met but... do you... do you like me?” He felt a little foolish, grinning to alleviate the tension. “I like you a lot. You've been good company. I should tell you something... there's not really any paint.” She was bound to figure it out sooner or later, so he figured honesty was the best policy. Maybe it would make her forgive him his lie. “I just said that so you'd walk with me for a while.”

((wc 415))
[html]

crappy post I am sorry.. You can make her stay longer, talk about the dark. Um talk keeping her there until it starts to get dark or whatever.. You have free reign over what happens next lol...

Her eyes moved to her male companion as he spoke of how this was the wrong place and he showed his apology in his eyes. Well of course this was not the place, she was here too. Her arms crossed against her still developing chest, rocking her hips to the left as she shuffled her weight in frustration. Well that was just great, she was going to really have to bug her mother for paints after all. A soft sigh escaped the girl as she then moved closer to Fenin in pure curiosity. What was he doing?

The girl watched as he loaded the wood into the metal stove, rummaged around and pulled out a plastic contraption, flicking it to make a small flame appear. Her eyes sparkling with excitement as she watched the lighter magically create fire, ”How did that work?” She asked in her normal emotionless voice. Now that was something she found just as cool as her colors, well maybe not quite. Her body gave a slight shiver as the heat hit her uncovered body, not from being cold but from the rush of hot air that hit her.

Again her nose wrinkled, that just made the smell worse. Dust kicked up in the shack, causing Juliet to back away to the safety of the open door. She really hated the smell of old wood and rust; it was not a very pleasant smell.

Juliet defied her instincts to get away from such a strange smell and moved closer as if her friend had commanded her too. The warmth surging through her body as she bent over slightly to look at the flickering flames. He spoke again but this time with a question that seemed rather out of nowhere, did she like him? Well what kind of like did he mean? She liked him as company and as a friend but she did not have the strange feeling that she felt towards Lorenzo. She tilted her head in thought, her body still in a leaning position as she looked at the fire and not at him.

”Yeah, I like you. You’re my new friend why wouldn’t I like you?” She responded with a rather direct question, moving to look into his angel blue eyes as she talked about liking her. Well this was nice, she had found another friend! Though her ears moved slightly to her hair as he spoke of his lie, he lied about her paints? That was mean, but as he explained she did not feel that frustrated about the situation. ”It’s not nice to lie you know, you could have just asked for me to walk with you but its okay. I guess you had an okay reason” She stated, telling the honest truth, she really liked walking with others. All they had to do is ask.

As the time passed she looked back at the fire for a few minutes before thinking that her mother must have been worried by now. The sun seemed not as high in the sky to her but that may have been her imagination, how long had they been here? Juliet moved away from the fire and towards the door, looking outside as she stood near the door, why did winter have to be so colorless? ”Fenin, I should start heading back or at least leave soon. I don’t want it to get dark before I get back home, I am afraid of it.” She stated, she hated the dark and she did not want to be rude and leave her new friend but she would come see him tomorrow right?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Wow! So this beauty not only called him a friend, but wasn't too upset with him for the little white lie he told. He grinned wolfishly to her, tongue lolling out of his mouth very doggishly, and he held his hand over his heart as if to make a solemn vow. “I'm sorry I lied to you. I promise I will never do it again.” He finished the promise with a firm nod and dropped his hand.

They remained together for a little while longer, passing the hours with chatter much like they had on the pathway when they walked here. He hung on her every word, beginning to enjoy her incessant questions. Hey, he thought, there's not really anything wrong with this chick, she's just young and curious. He was trying to justify his earlier thought about how she was pretty weird – but despite what he told himself he still knew that there was something a little wrong with her. He didn't mind it though, everybody had their quirk.

Far too soon in the evening he saw Juliet's eyes move to the door, noting how dark it had gotten outside. The smile on his muzzle faded and he felt his heart sank. She started moving to the door and he was up and at her side in an instant, lunging across the room and grabbing her wrist. “No!” he said, at first almost sounding angry. His eyes were pleading, and his voice quickly smoothed out again as he said, “I don't want you to go yet. Stay, just a little while longer. Please?” He glanced outside, grasping for a reason. “Look, it's already pretty dark out there. See? It'll seem even darker in the forest. Do you know your way? I'm not even sure if I would. It might even start snowing after the sun is completely down.”

He glanced up, peering out the door and at the sky. Thick clouds overhead did threaten to storm, and blotted out what little sun there was at this hour. He glanced inside to the fire burning in the stove. There was fire here, warmth, and company. She even said that she liked him! They were hitting it off! Why wouldn't she want to stay the night? “I'll walk you back home in the morning.”

((wc 389))
[html]

crappy post so sorry it took so long...

His sudden movements did not cause her to jump of even flinch as she almost stepped one foot out the door to signal that she was really going to leave. Not even his sharp word of no was not something to make her jump or react in a strange manner, instead it was his actions. His painful grip on her wrist as he jerked her back as if trying to hold her prisoner in this broken down shack, why did he not want her to go? Its not like she could spend the night here, the bed was rotted and the smell was just overwhelming her senses to their limit.

He pleaded with his eyes and movements for her to stay, spoke of how it was already dark outside so she should not worry about getting home tonight. Her eyes looked from her companion to the door, he was right darkness was closing in. Though her mind lingerer on her mother, she would go crazy without her home. Already she was surely banging down her alpha’s door to send out a search party after her, even though it was unnecessary. After her sister left her mother had been breathing down her neck more and more, so surely this was worrying her to no end.

He spoke of walking her home tomorrow but she shook her head rabidly, disorienting her lightly as she moved closer to the door. She liked her new friend but she needed to head home, tell her mother she was safe. She also hated the dark so the closer she was to her home the better she could feel about the rather scary looking woods. The trees loomed up at her as she let her foot touch the cold snow, the clouds blocking out the little light that she needed to get home.

”I have to get home, I am sorry. My mother would be worried sick if I do not make it back before tomorrow, I really hate worrying her.” She spoke in her monotone voice as she looked back at her friend with kind eyes. She really hated to leave, they found this shack. Hey had a fire and even were having a rather great time but her mother’s voice cried in her head and it just made her worry about Orin’s worrying.

<style>
</style>
[/html]