Brother dearest
[html]
Jacinto Lykoi

private for Columbine! Here comes some brother awesomeness. Set just around the Mansion, around 1:00 pm dated to the 13th. Optime form

In his sleep, he didn't dream. There was no real images to see in his mind, but he reflected on the previous night. He must've imagined it all, having the chance to spend a night with the female he adored, to check he felt for the woman he knew to love, to reach and feel soft fur and flesh. His fingers sought for her warm body the one he had gotten to know just a night before. His fingers grasped the empty blanket, instantly waking from the loneliness of the room. He say up from the covers and looked around, adjusting his umber eyes to the darkened room. He had slept for a while, it was a little later than noon. He flexed what little muscles he had in an attempt to stretch while a loud yawn escaped his muzzle. His fingers grazed over something thin, he grabbed at it and found a small note saying she was just out working. The Lykoi gently set it down on the table. Of course she would be back soon, Jacinto sincerely trusted that she would keep her promises to him. The dusty hybrid shook his head and let himself out of the room. His fur was drenched in her scent, he could smell her scent on his body, as well as dust and other things. It had been quite a while since he had a proper bath, so what the heck.

He hated that he was trying to desperately avoid his brothers, that they wouldn't expect someone like Jacinto The Meek to have someone sharing a bed with him, to have someone there with him. The orange-eyed man really really tried to avoid ridicule and negative thoughts about himself or Omni. He knew almost nothing about the Inferni hotsprings, but didn't exactly mind having to look or seek them out. His paws crunched against the hard frosted ground, sending splinters of cold up his spine.

He saw no one around, but didn't mind having no company, the quiet and drone of voices was tuned out. He could feel someone nearby, or even watching him but paid no heed or attention to who it was. Steam was rising in the distance and Jacinto knew what it was the instant he noticed. His walk turned to a faster gait as he approached it. Hoping to have a nice warm bath without any trouble.

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.jacinto-strum { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JK1HG.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#235064; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 303px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.jacinto-strum b {color:#add9ed; }
.jacinto-strum p { color:#06202c; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.jacinto-strum p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.jacinto-strum .name { font-size:45px; font-family:times,helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.jacinto-strum .wordcount {color:#add9ed; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 406 :: After this, I'm going to make a post log for Col so I don't keep FORGETTING ABOUT HIS THREADS /Rosie fail. I'm also going to insinuate that Col has heard rumors about Jacinto and Omni, and will therefore be like DUDE Y U SO EMBARRASSING

If there was one thing Columbine didn't understand, it was why his family - specifically, Ilusion - had not understood the absolute necessity of his attack on Jacinto.

It would be unfair to say, of course, that Columbine liked his small, weak brother. He didn't. The dark hybrid found himself eternally disgusted with the musician, mostly for his weakness when it came to both physical and emotional strength. He believed, full-heartedly of course, that Jacinto was nothing but dead weight and a blemish on the Lykoi name. When he'd turned on his brother, it had been an act of mercy, really - put the suffering idiot out of his misery and end the whole affair. Of course, it hadn't gone as well as he'd expected - Ilusion and his mother thought that he was out of his mind for doing such a thing, and Columbine left the two wolves in the world he actually loved because of Jacinto.

The man was an idiot, and this rumor he'd heard had done nothing but perpetuate the thought.

Oh, Columbine was in a horrible mood. The largest of the Lykoi siblings was stomping around Inferni, his sensitive nose desperately searching for any hint of his youngest brother. He had heard a horrible, horrible rumor from some Inferni clansmamber he hadn't bothered to get to know that his younger brother - HIS younger brother, who would naturally have an impact on how the rest of the clan saw Columbine - was currently seeing Omni, the stupid girl who was apparently promiscuous enough to have someone tear "WHORE" into her skin. It made the short tempered main practically boil over with rage. How could Jacinto be so startlingly idiotic? Certainly, he could realize the implications this would have on his social standings. Not only his social standings, but Columbine's as well. Helotes was already scampering around in the upper echelons of the pack, so the oldest Lykoi didn't have to worry about that brother, but the unfortunate fact of the matter was he had two, not one.

He found Jacinto around the mansion, doing absolutely nothing with himself. Of course. Apparently, his brother fancied himself a bath, or at least that's what Columbine assumed when he saw the lighter man dawdling to a hot spring. Jacinto! Columbine barked, voice harsh and irritable. Get over here. I need to talk to you and hopefully dispel a rather distasteful rumor I've recently heard.

<style type="text/css">
.columsnarl .space {width:250px; height:230px; float:left;}
.columsnarl b {font-weight:bold; color:#ca0306; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.columsnarl p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.columsnarl p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.columsnarl .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ca0306;}
.columsnarl p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.columsnarl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#380a0b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cVglt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#c1732c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#380a0b 0px 0px 3px;}
.columsnarl .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Love Ya Like A Sister'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#ca0306;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I am an idiot. I didn't see this replied to. I suck.

The steam coming from the spring was tempting and tantalizing enough to have the hybrid jump in without a moment's notice, but a loud and angry voice was heard. He turned to see his eldest brother, approaching and in not too good of a mood. For once he actually felt frightened, Columbine towered over his small frame as he came closer. Rumor? What rumor? "Brother...I don't see what you speak of. What rumor?" He knew it had something to do with his choice of lover, but what rumor did his dusky brother talk of? He took one step back, just to keep a little distance. "And what does this...rumor...Have to do with you? I know you're not talking to me for my sake."

Jacinto thought he would've made the right choice about his lover. This wasn't some idiotic one-night stand. He was rather certain that Omni care about him, she was truly a quiet and frail being, someone who actually wanted to talk to the small musician. "Brother. Why do you come here so angry about my life? I know it's about Omni...But why do you come here angry if I want to lead my life the way I want? He didn't smile, but rather crossed his dark arms around him, wanting to reason, not fight and squabble. Why would Columbine be so angry? It wasn't like he ran off and slept with one of his cousins, the family was too close. Yet he comes here, fuming about Omni. Was there jealousy? Not likely but possible. 

Jacinto Lykoi

<style>
.jacinto1 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.jacinto1-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:papyrus, sans-serif; color:#2B0101; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.jacinto1 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jacinto1 b {color:#DF0101; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jacinto1 {background-color:#680303; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... ianN-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.jacinto1-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.jacinto1 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 276 :: short... but it's up, yes?

There was acid on his tongue and venom on his breath; the dark man did not take kindly to the notion that his family was an embarrassment. And yet, here was Jacinto, the perpetual smear on the family name, choosing lovers with such ignorance that it reduced the older Lykoi to actually talking to said smear. Columbine oftened enjoyed entertaining the notion that he was above his entire family, especially his lighter brother - in his own mind, that was the case and he was sticking by it. The younger man was clearly frightened, a coward in every right, and Columbine felt his hatred increase, a shocking development as he had not thought it could get any greater. A snarl lifted his lips when the boy - Jacinto could not be considered a man - spoke to him with such disrespectful insolence. Did he not realize that, in addition to being an inferior being in general, he was also ranked below Columbine? Family, in this case, did not matter. It hadn't for what felt like many years.

Do not play dumb with me, brother, Columbine spat, red eyes narrow and posture dominating. Your actions and your choice of sex-toy is a shame upon our family. She is common, coarse, and not worthy of any Lykoi - even you, he sneered. The male crossed his arms over his broad chest, beginning to pace with agitation. I cannot believe you would pick someone so...common. Mi dios, Jacinto, what is wrong with you? His words, though not inadvertant, spoke of years of resentment and disgust boiling over in the ruined mind of the oldest Lykoi brother.

<style type="text/css">
.columsnarl b {font-weight:bold; color:#ca0306; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.columsnarl p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.columsnarl {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#380a0b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cVglt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#c1732c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#380a0b 0px 0px 3px;}
.columsnarl .name {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Love Ya Like A Sister'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#ca0306;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

don't worry about the post length, I have lots of bad days with that. I am horrible.

Jacinto, always as the younger brother had been obedient to his older siblings, or at least tried his absolute hardest to. But now he had had enough. Columbine's words were rough and harsh, both disrespecting himself and Omni. Sex toy? Never. They had only once engaged in those activities and it was under the notion of affection, she hadn't again shown any sign of wanting it again, of course it didn't mean she was innocent to those things. She had clearly shown her knowledge and ways of practice in the bedroom. But it didn't mean much, maybe her past was like that, and in the present in the process of changing her future. In his soft mindset, the younger hybrid knew her as a sweet quiet girl, someone he could speak to on occasion and get answers and advice. For once in a long time a snarl rose from his throat, soft at first but ripping out his lean muzzle at the end. His fear was vanished in defending Omni's reputation and his own. "Why can't you accept that I am happy? Just because you can't find anything that pleases you? Every time you come in pissed off, you have to take it out on me. Why?" All thoughts of the hot bath were gone, ignored from the fact that he could never be on Columbine's good side. Running a hand through his hair in an attempt to vent the frustration the light pelted Lykoi. His voice was softer, a little bit pained. "Look. All those years of protecting us...Looking after us when our father was being vile. We're you doing all that for us? Did you actually care back then? Why didn't you just get rid of me when you had the chance? All this time I've been wanting to thank you. But if it wasn't for me, and for the others I won't. That's for them to see to." Large ears pressed back against his skull as he met the burning crimson eyes of his eldest brother. Why couldn't he at least acknowledge that Jacinto was family? Was it his slightly low rank? He could improve, it was possible. But why should he have to? Ranks meant nothing to the musician, he could always leave if he had to. In that case, Columbine would probably have won and likely would find satisfaction that he could drive his meek brother away from Inferni.

Columbine's disapproval of this was slightly insulting. Omni wasn't a play toy to him, and Jacinto was pretty sure that she didn't sleep around with others. She was constantly near him and displaying her allegiances by taking time for him, hugging and holding eachother close.  The hybrid didn't look at his once cared for sibling, but rather looked at the ground. How could his having a love interest upset and insult Columbine? He had never been an influence to such things. "Someday I will ask her to be my mate. But I don't need you to judge on if it's a good or bad idea. Do what you want-just do not hurt her. Fight me instead if you think it's the right thing to do to solve things. But you can't go around having a temper tantrum whenever someone tells you something or you find something out." Crossing lighter arms over his chest, he looked a little disappointed at his brother, unable to  

Jacinto Lykoi

<style>
.jacinto1 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.jacinto1-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:papyrus, sans-serif; color:#2B0101; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.jacinto1 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jacinto1 b {color:#DF0101; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jacinto1 {background-color:#680303; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... ianN-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.jacinto1-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.jacinto1 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 503 :: angry col is angry.

His red eyes were narrowed at his younger brother, and he thought it rather funny that his were such a more extreme color than Jacinto's. Columbine's eyes reflected the demon that roared with him, strong and fully in control of every move the Lykoi brother made; Jacinto's, in comparison, were slightly softer - gentle, even. He struggled to understand how the younger man could have turned out so normal; while Columbine ahd certainly taken the brunt of the abuse, it didn't mean that the others were entirely spared. No, they'd all suffered, from Ilusion to Helotes to Jacinto to Columbine himself, and this abuse shaped them, regardless of whether or not they would admit it. A cruel father was especially influential for a young man, and sometimes, in the dark recesses of the night when the shadowy demon was most comfortable, the Hastati wondered what he might have become without Kerberos' abuse.

For these reasons and more, Columbine was compelled to swing his fist at his brother, hoping to connect with soft flesh and fur. An infuriated snarl lifted on his lips; the volatile temper had been triggered, and the man wanted to make Jacinto hurt like he had hurt so many times before. His voice, normally loud and imposing, sank to a dangerously soft level as crimson eyes narrowed in disgust and hatred. You dare question what I did for you, Jacinto? he snarled, guard hairs raised even in his bipedal form. You dare question the sacrifice I made for you? For all of you? Look at me, Jacinto! Look at my scars, at my tattered ear, at the spot where my tattoo should be! I sacrificed my body and my very identity for our family and all of you, but especially you, squander it like it was nothing! I protected you, defended you from that... from that madman so you would develop healthy, strong - a warrior as our bithright demands. And instead I find you making bed with a mere whore and forgetting what you could be! But even before this, I knew you to be soft, and your softness is the very thing that disgusts me. The angry man drew close now, his hot breath close enough to Jacinto's to perhaps ruffle a few strands of fur. You're right, Jacinto. Perhaps I shouldn't have saved you. God knows you wouldn't ahve been strong enough to survive on your own.

These words were utterly mad; it was an indicator of the decline of Columbine's mind. His eyes were filled with uncontrollable fire, and there was an obvious need for blood in the man's stance. In the several moments of silence in which he panted, it was clear that whatever protector once inhabited Columbine Lykoi was gone. I can do whatever I want, Jacinto, the man eventually whispered, words threaded with danger's sweet caress. You can't stop me. Take your whore of a mate, but I promise, someday you'll get yours for bringing shame to our family - to my family.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html] 

Jacinto watched his brother with alert yet disappointed eyes. Instinctually, his hackles rose with Columbine's, but in his mind he didn't want to lash out. He had threatened him, and instinct was the thing that held the boy together, to not fear. It was Omni he wanted to protect, even if it meant getting his ass kicked by his eldest brother. Columbine reminded him so much of Kerberos now...How could this happen? As a boy, the smallest Lykoi had idolized Columbine. Wanted so desperately to be like him, learn to be strong and fierce. Although never shown, it was there. And doubt, doubt for those dreams and idolization, now crossed the dusty man's mind. "I don't question you brother. I just happen to wonder why...Was it for me? Or for all of us? Or just them. I still want to thank you. Without you, I'd be dead." He could see the fury, the rage he seemed to be causing. The Discens sidled away from Columbine, fiery orbs locked on him. "She's not a whore. What the hell makes you think that? Have you seen her? Been with her even? Why do you hate us so much?"

The youngest of the Lykoi siblings had not ever hated the eldest brother, been irritated yes but never hate. And yet, hate was being inflicted upon him! That seemed unfair in his soft opinion, yet there was an annoying tugging within the Lykoi's mind. What Columbine said, was mostly true. Maybe he had become a little soft and trusting towards the world. "Why do you complain when you don't teach me to be stronger? Why don't you train me. I'll try to see things the way you do."

Unfortunately, training wouldn't completely change the musician, he wouldn't be as harsh. But maybe...Just maybe be a little stronger. Jacinto's voice was just as soft as the darker hybrid's had been, but without the dangerous taint. "I don't want to be weak anymore. I don't want to be a thing of mockery and scorn." If it were his choice, he'd want Helotes to train him...Winning back the respect of Col would be much harder to do so. He was oblivious and unknowing to the setting around him, maybe he just didn't care about the scenery or the hot pools.

[/html]
[html]
Columbine Lykoi

Word Count → 351 :: angry col is STILL angry.

Clearly, Jacinto didn't know when to leave well enough alone.

Columbine was nearly spitting with undulated anger, resentment, and loathing; the hulking man was quivering where he stood, and barely able to control his twitching fists. Cords of muscle were clearly being flexed under too-thin skin, and the Lykoi man wanted nothing more than to sink his fucking teeth into his little brother's pathetic body. Teach him the meaning of pain - make him understand what it was like to see someone you loved, someone you might have cared about once, rip flesh from body and call it pleasure. An angry snarl twisted what might have once been a handsome face. Too much hatred flowed through the man now to call him appealing; there was nothing that drew outsiders to the hate filled Lykoi, and perhaps he preferred it that way. Less betrayal, and nobody to feel compelled to protect - with the exception of Ilusion, Columbine was not tied to this earth. He was free to become something greater.

Shaking his head, the man paced. There was a crazed look in his eye; whether or not he was actually paying attention to Jacinto could be debated until he started to speak. You don't understand. You couldn't understand. I was his toy, his little bag, the shield that kept you - that kept all of you! - safe from his rage. And this is how you forgive me - bedding the girl with whore torn onto her leg, the girl who came on to me the moment she saw me, the girl with no manners. All I did for you, all I did to keep you safe, and you could never learn on your own? Dios, Jacinto, do I have to do everything for you?

Columbine couldn't speak anymore; his voice was shaking with rage that bordered on insanity. Crimson eyes squeezed shut as the man struggled to retain control of himself. It is not my fault you are weak, Jacinto. I merely wish you would get the fuck away from me, take your would-be mate, and go shame someone else.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]