New Grounds
[html]

Word Count ::629 Points::5 OOC:: Mido is wearing brown cargo pants and a green hooded vest, he's got his pack full of stuff with him:]

The sun had barely risen; it had just graced the edges of Anathema’s lands near the howling caverns. With his backpack on his back he fully loaded it with the items he thought he would need; he was ready to head out. The morning air was crisp, he could see his breath fade away; a light dusting of snow coated the ground. The temperature made him decide to wear his pants and the hooded vest he picked up in Halifax to stay warm and comfortable; he wasn’t going to make an attempt to brave the cold, especially while he was going to be away from home. He knew there was a pack just north of them that he knew nothing about, not their name, their rules, the way they did things or anybody from the pack. Unsure of whether or not he should have said something to Naniko or Alaki he didn’t. He didn’t know exactly how far away the pack was, but he planned on being gone a day at least, hopefully a max of two but he didn’t know. It wasn’t like the Dasa was leaving Anathema and relocating to another pack; his loyalty laid with the group of trouble makers and outcasts that he like to call his family. The idea of visiting another pack made him nervous, very nervous. The last thing he wanted to do was show up and step on anyone’s toes. He didn’t want to piss them off; he was just curious. He was interested in learning about another pack and meeting other canines that he didn’t associate with regularly.

After leaving Anathema he traveled directly north, he didn’t know exactly how far the distance was, he had just heard they weren’t far. He walked a very fast and steady pace, not slowing down or speeding up for anything, not even the random falling branch of a tree that almost hit him. Keeping his breathing monitored and under control, the multicolored man held the straps on the front of his pack as he pressed onward. Mido lost his sense of time and place, he hadn’t slowed down at all, but if he had to make a guess at how long it was taking him, he must have at least been at it for four or five hours now, he had no idea. By the time he realized that he had reached the borders of his destination it was already too late. He had crossed their borders, the scents of many unknown canine were all around him, but he really couldn’t have gone too far in, so he thought. He howled, calling out to anyone who may be near him. Uncertain of whether or not he had already screwed up he tried to stay put. They may get mad at him for crossing into their territory without a welcomed invitation from one of their members. He hoped that he would have the chance to explain himself if he needed to, because it had been an honest mistake, he would have waited at the borders had he paid close enough attention. Thoughts ran through his mind, if he made them angry and one of their warriors found him, he could be caught up in unwanted confrontation, or worse what if this packs leader approached him; what would he do? If they decided to search his pack they would find his Kamas, drawing pad, note pad, pencils and his snacks; they might think he’s a threat. He started to panic and pace around a rock; he thought to himself oh what had he done. He meant no harm, no trouble, and he didn’t mean to insult. He dusted off the snow covered rock and planted his butt on it, he wouldn’t move from that spot.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

The man of smoke and cream tended to the Abbey with care, though he was not alone in his efforts. Those of the Herald class had grown accustomed to one another and they worked like a well oiled machine. Pripyat had his duties and Nehalennia, Ansui and Macarius all had their own. No one got in the way of anyone else and they all benefited from one another. Who rose first was hard to determine, for it seemed all those infused with the spiritual fever wasted no hours. They rose early in the morning, long before dawn broke and they lay their heads down as a rule only after the sun set. It was important to see both events each day, the rising and falling of the bright orange star, giving warmth and light to their lives.

Pripyat lit the fire early, warming the communal kitchen if the others chose to make tea or linger just a moment after breakfast. Sometimes he would find one of them in meditation within the garden walls or he'd run into old Macarius tending the dormant plants, and he made no noise as he check on his stores of seasoned wood and herbs. They moved about each other like without words, but they knew each other's needs and the need of all of Ichika and by dawn they had completed more work than most got done in a day. It was this that allowed Pripyat to turn his attentions to other needs of Ichika.

Daily he practiced with his bow and arrow. Some days he would shoot several winged beasts from the sky and distribute meals to those who did not hunt for themselves. Other days he simply carried it as another means of defense when he made border patrol, filling in for the ranks that stood empty in their four class hierarchy. He knew that the envoy members were capable, yet they were not quite plentiful. And so Pripyat did not mind guarding against threats that never came. Most patrols were only formalities. Marking the tree here, scenting the stone there. He strengthened the invisible boundary that the lined in the spring with blooms. Now there wasn't even the trace of withered plant remains, but the border line was unmistakable all the same.

Pripyat happened not to be on such a patrol when the sound called, but still he had his bow. Always he had with him the bow and arrows, slung to his back. And always he had the pouch of stones and flint and tinder about his waist. So it was suited with these and nothing but his natural pelt he came upon the strange man. Seated within their borders, Pripyat crept upon the fur masked man stealthily. It was to his advantage that they were in Ichika no Ho-en for the Eika who had once been Gendo knew the lands well enough to keep hidden until he wished to appear. It was out of seemingly nowhere he came upon the clothed man, his bow still upon his back but his palms ready to reach back and draw the weapon.

Oceanic eyes swept the stranger, ears flicking in annoyance. The man did not seem threatening, seated upon the large stone, but it was not one with manners that waltzed into another's territory. The gruff voice of the boy came then, azure irises narrowing at the green and brown of the man's coverings. "You are trespassing stranger." The words were flung at the light eyed canine, for surely the man knew well enough he had crossed clearly marked boundaries. To inform the man of this was not Pripyat's aim, but rather to ignite an explanation from the trespasser for such a transgression.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::511 Points::5 OOC::KRIS!!! I CANT TELL YOU HOW EXCITED I AM THAT YOU REPLIED TO ME! XD

The Dasa of Anathema patiently and quietly remained where he was, his rear plastered to the chilly rock, thankfully not too cold because of his pants. He understood that he’d crossed the border without any given permission he didn’t know how this pack would handle him. It made no sense for the male to turn tail and retreat back beyond the border, he figured it would be better to own up to his stupid mistake and try to make amends for what he had done if they were upset about it. His heart hammered away at his chest, uncertainty and doubt filling his mind. It felt like an eternity passed before somebody answered his call. He had barely noticed the presence of the other canine before he emerged out of what seemed like nowhere.

Directly ahead of him stood a thin grey and white man, his eyes were a shivering shade of blue. Mido knew nothing about him, he found it impossible to discern his age or anything else. Utterly clueless about the canine near him he remained silent. The only thing that was obvious to the multicolored mix was the irritation he could see in the male’s eyes, feeling as though he were being torn apart visually. The member of this pack unknown to the Dasa told him he had been trespassing and that he was a stranger. Mido’s ears fell as far down as they could physically go, he lowered his tail, in an attempt to try showing some respect. The males words were obvious enough, he crossed the line between this territory and the unclaimed earth. He was right about the trespassing on their lands part and about him being a stranger here, both bits of his statement were undeniably true.

The Anatheman dog held no argument against the statement. Yes, you’re very right. I was paying little attention to the surroundings and I crossed your borders, when I fully realized that I was in your territory I had come to halt, and so here I remain. It was very ignorant of him to not wait at the borders edge, but that was just what happened, he made an honestly stupid mistake. The Huskadore watched the mystery man for any signs at all, not getting much though. He explained about the crossing the border incident, but neglected to even introduce himself, though it may really not matter in any way shape or form. Please forgive me for my crime if you are able to. My name is Mido, and I am one of the Dasa’s from Anathema. I was told there was a group of canines that lived directly north from us. I wished to learn a little bit about your pack, if that was a possibility. The male explained his reason for coming here in the first place. He really wanted to learn about this pack. Mido got the impression from this encounter that he probably wouldn’t be welcomed here. He would more than likely be told to leave or forced to, which one he didn’t know.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]