fluorescent adolescent
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

For the wonderful Alaine :3 I don’t have any ideas in particular for this thread, so if you get any ideas just PM me ^___^

The yearling had taken to her duties well. With every sunrise the woman was up and about, taking the trek to the edge of the border, sitting for a large portion of the morning in absolute silence, waiting for something to happen. Kimbra had stopped accompanying Magnolia every day since the weather turned frigid; the arctic wolf could handle the biting winds during the border scout but the fragile bird couldn’t. However, when Magnolia awoke this morning, she got the Kite to come with her. She appreciated the company for checking the traps without Denver made her feel lonely most of the time.

The duo did their rounds, Kimbra leaving Maggie’s shoulder temporarily to catch something to eat now and again. The bird caught small prey with impressive precision. She smiled as she watched her winged friend dive in between the trees, always returning to Magnolia’s silver shoulder for a perch. The two had become inseparable as of late. Maggie was happy she had a new friend that was all trained up, thanks to Niro; Kimbra kept things exciting when she was alone.

Soon enough, Maggie had finished her morning duties. She walked back leisurely to her home in the ruins, but she wasn’t quite ready to retire and go take her afternoon nap just yet. The bird tensely gripped Maggie’s shoulder as she kept walking past her house and further into the territory, no real destination in mind.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the slow reply, m'love! I had a few internet problems, please forgiiiveee meeeee >> wordcount: +3

Midday stretched with cold precision over the land of the Thistle Kingdom. His bleary eyes, not yet adjusted to the monotonous gloom and contrasting white sunlight, squinted and gave the appearance of irritation as Sirius awoke from his brief morning nap. The monarch rose stiffly; In spite of the height of the sun, his chambers were cold and empty, devoid of the female presence he had been spoiling himself with of late.

Shaking out the coolness to his joints, Sirius yawned widely as he emerged out into the brittle late-morning air; His black lips peeled back to reveal large, yellowed daggers, deadly as they glinted in the pale light. His muscles were quick to lose their hesitance - The man was a Hunter, a Predator, and his lean, tight body reflected such. A deep breath of the frosty air made the deep scars across his chest rise and fall, and twin jets of steam curled from his black nose in a bullish exhale.

The Ruins were surprisingly devoid of movement. To the untrained eye, they might have seemed lifeless and bleak - To Sirius, they were merely quiet, deceptively still. This land was harsh, ragged and torn by the bitter winters winds of ocean and mountain alike. And yet, to his venomous gaze it was stunningly beautiful - The perfect place for those of his wicked Family.

A scent was tossed to his nose by a wayward, coy breeze. Taking a deep breath, the Revlis man filled his lungs with the scent of Magnolia. A certain curiosity pushed his lanky limbs into movement; A dark, prowling stride, undeniably similar to the smooth lope of a panther. He tracked her for only a short while before the girl became visible - The King made no effort to hide or disguise his approach, and his tall ears were lifted high to show interest in the light grey woman. "Well well, if it isn't one of my new Confidants..." The man's infamous voice, deep and luxurious as it swelled into the silence, demanded the scout's attention.

Sirius Revlis
Hail the Conqueror Worm
<style>
.gsiri-01 {width:500px;margin:0px auto;text-align:justify;line-height:15px;font-family:Georgia, Helvetica, serifs;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.75px;word-spacing:1px;}
.gsiri-01 .ooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-size:11px;border-bottom:1px dotted;padding-bottom:5px;letter-spacing:.90px;}
.gsiri-01 p {text-indent:40px;padding:0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.gsiri-01 b {font-size:13px;letter-spacing:1px;}
.gsiri-01 .name {text-align:center;font-family: 'Permanent Marker', cursive;font-size:50px;line-height:20px;}
.gsiri-01 .quote {text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding-top:10px;letter-spacing:10px;text-transform:uppercase;}</style>[/html]
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

I’m sorry for posting this so fast, but your post gave me the chills (in the best way) and I just HAD to reply XD

When Magnolia was in Dahlia de Mai (which seems like a lifetime ago, now), she thought she was the most unique and beautiful thing in the world. She was raised as royalty, being a precious daughter of the infamous Lolita Monroe. She also had what no one else had: she had a dark mohawk from the moment she was born, and that made her the most revered creature, at least in her own eyes. She was a unique snowflake that got her soul crushed the moment she joined the Thistle Kingdom. Her attitude went from vulgar to reserved in the span of one week. Salsola made the young girl know that this Family reigned supreme, and an attitude like hers would get her nowhere. And the man that gave her that sinking realization called out to her now.

Instantly, the Confidant’s spine shivered. Her slim frame whipped around in the direction of his silky smooth voice, jade eyes seeking the King out. She had smelled his scent nearby but had chosen to ignore it, which was why the girl was surprised to hear him acknowledge her presence. Magnolia had never spoken directly to him before. My king, Magnolia said quietly, dainty head lowering out of respect. Even Kimbra bobbed her head a little, though it was more likely out of curiosity for the stranger than anything else. She was weary of male wolves except for Denver, which the Kite made very apparent she didn’t like most of the time. Sirius’ mere presence demanded sheer reverence, however, so the bird remained silent and perched on the silvery woman’s clavicle.

[/html]
[html]

Ehehehee >> wordcount: +2

The girl's eyes were a rounded emerald, much deeper and purer than his own flinty olive. He appreciated the color as the young woman span to face him, her expression belying her shock. A ripple of pleasure curdled within him - He never tired of seeing the reverence in their faces, the obedience in the posture of his subjects. Sirius was not a humble, or merciful, King; He ruled his people with a serpent's tongue, with viper's fangs, with the arrogance of his symbol of royalty (the peacock, Noble). Narrowed pupils saw that this girl, too, had an avian familiar; A silver and ivory creature with sleek feathers and a wickedly hooked beak. Sirius did not know much of the species of birds of prey, but he could appreciate with innate knowledge that this too was a hunter; The subtlest glint of approval flickered in the man's handsome, brooding features.

Her soft voice stated his title in greeting, the pretty head bowed instantly. One dark brow rose, and the monarch swaggered closer, his muscular arms folding over scarred pectorals. Dark claws tapped lightly on one bicep as he closed the distance between them. "Maggie, my dear, raise your head," Came the deep and succulent purr, that voice which commanded geniuses and Goliaths alike. Black lips curled up in a slightly smile as he observed her; Coldly, but with interest still. It occurred to the barbed monarch that he had never had such a singular conversation with the girl before, although he had been monitoring her progress within the pack prior to her evaluation for the Confidant rank. A soft, thoughtful hum oozed from between pursed lips before he spoke again, yellowed teeth flashing in the pale light. "Anything to report on our borders, Vedetta?"

Sirius Revlis
Hail the Conqueror Worm
<style>
.gsiri-01 {width:500px;margin:0px auto;text-align:justify;line-height:15px;font-family:Georgia, Helvetica, serifs;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.75px;word-spacing:1px;}
.gsiri-01 .ooc {text-align:left;font-style:italic;font-size:11px;border-bottom:1px dotted;padding-bottom:5px;letter-spacing:.90px;}
.gsiri-01 p {text-indent:40px;padding:0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.gsiri-01 b {font-size:13px;letter-spacing:1px;}
.gsiri-01 .name {text-align:center;font-family: 'Permanent Marker', cursive;font-size:50px;line-height:20px;}
.gsiri-01 .quote {text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding-top:10px;letter-spacing:10px;text-transform:uppercase;}</style>[/html]

8D 8D 8D Sirius makes Maggie go weak in the knees >_>

A rush ran through her pale neck as Magnolia finally looked deep into the eyes of her Boss. The canine blinked a little, nervous eyes searching for something deep beneath his regal stare. She might have even gasped a little when he inched ever closer, her thighs twitching with a sudden faintness. But her composure was regained when asked of her duties, and she even gave him a shadow of a smile. Denver and I have been working hard on our traps, sir, she said carefully, adrenaline and fear running through her words. We fortified several new ones around the northeast at the top of the Pictou. No intruders so far. And with that positive note, the Confidant gave her superior a true flash of her pearly whites; they were teeth that had killed for him.

Kimbra dug her talons into Magnolia’s shoulder suddenly, and the girl shot the bird a frustrated look. This is Kimbra, a gift from my father, she said with a drop of pride in her young voice. She can deliver messages over long distances. I… want to learn how to read and write in case anything were to happen at the borders, I could alert you or Eris. Kimbra was her gift to the pack, however small the token was. But the hybrid wanted to repay the Family that had so graciously taken her in at such a fragile and impressionable age and turned her into who she was today. A swift hunter with grace and a special kind of viciousness.

[/html]
[html]

Blarp, here I am! >> Word Count: 3+

Sirius by Nat

She was like a doe caught in the headlights - So wary of him, so off-guard. It was simply delightful to the wicked monarch. He basked in her unconscious unease, the way her eyes darted to his face, so wide and, dare he assume it, nervous? The dark smile remained on black lips, curved just slightly as his poisonous eyes glittered with amusement. It was a shame he had not stumbled across her before now - Sirius was thoroughly enjoying her reactions to his presence thus far.

A speculative eye wondered how old the girl was. She seemed youthful - Her face was still flushed with the true beauty of barely-adulthood. But, perhaps she was older than her lithe form and pretty eyes suggested. Narrowed pupils slowly looked her up and down as the girl spoke, darting up to her face only at the mention of new traps to the northern stretch of the thistle kingdom. A soft hum of consideration spilled from his maw. "That is just as well. We might have neighbors soon, on the other breach of Halcyon. I want you and Denver to keep that border well-patrolled," His voice, that thick succulent purr which so sensually eased its way to power and control, was calm and level. But, deep behind shallow acidic eyes, the king's thoughts brooder darker at thoughts of the presence to the north. If a new pack was to be founded there, Salsola would have to be much more observant and dutiful in keeping its borders secure.

The girl spoke again, and he followed her gaze to the bird. The monarch's expression remained pleasantly bland as she mentioned the bird's usefulness, and although instinct and pride kept his consideration of the idea completely hidden from her pretty emerald eyes, the King saw great appeal in what she suggested. He pondered it a moment, gaze smoothly shifting from the bird back to the face of his youngest scout. "Well, then. We will have to find you a tutor," His simple acceptance of her suggestion was given without excess praise or embellishment - That was not his way. Regardless, Maggie should have felt great pride that her idea was accepted so readily. Sirius' expression became thoughtful, one hand lifting so that the huge, wicked claws on his fingers could pensively stroke the small beard at the end of his chin. "If I can find none to teach you, then perhaps I will, myself."

<style>
#siriusal1 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#siriusal1 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#siriusal1 p.alImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#siriusal1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#siriusal1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siriusal1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siriusal1 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#siriusal1 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

-squirms-. Oh and just so you know, sie and I OOCly agreed that Maggie’s new horse was bought from Myrika 8D

As the monarch’s regal words washed over her, the girl couldn’t help but shiver and stare. Larkspur had a quiet dark truth to him, and perhaps that’s why Magnolia was so fond of him… but this one, he was different. He had a tar black soul. Suddenly, Lolita came floating into Magnolia’s consciousness. And that was when she remembered where she had seen this before… her mother was a wicked one too, ferocious and wild. Sirius had a streak of madness in him; that very same thing that was in her, too.

Magnolia’s eyes narrowed at the mention of a new pack. That would be a new experience for her, dealing with this. She would have to be careful and check it out sometime soon. We will, her voice cracked and faltered. The awkwardness between them was still there, but Magnolia knew pondering about her pseudo-lover was meant for later.

The more the dark king spoke, the more the youthful Confidant’s eyes and smile widened. She couldn’t hide her happiness at her small win with Sirius. I would be so honored, the yearling said, a hint of confidence evident in her dainty words. I want a horse, too. I’m going to head east soon to look for one I can buy off another pack hopefully… her voice trailed off, thinking of possibilities such a powerful companion could provide her. She could travel four times as fast, which meant her daily border checks would take a fraction of the time. Her eyes returned back to her Boss, hungry for more of him.

[/html]
[html]

Coolbeans! >> Word Count: 2+

Sirius by Nat

Her words of assurance, although faltering, were enough to settle the King's busy thoughts for now. So long as their Norther border was suitably prepared for any influence these new perpetrators may have, then Salsola would be stable, for the time being at least. There was little more that he could do than this - Observing the newcomers, and waiting to see what problems they might pose to his beloved Family.

Although his face betrayed no expressions, Sirius did not miss the way her body spoke at the name of the other Vendetto. Wicked mind flickered to Denver, pulling forth all that he knew of the other male, and placing it in a ghost-like transparency beside the young woman before him. Clearly, there was something between the two - Something that seemed to make her uneasy. He could read no more than that in the Confidant's expression, and although his extensive interest was piqued, Sirius would not dwell on this un-voiced topic. If Magnolia had a problem with her scouting partner, then she would have to deal with it by herself; Sirius could not be bothered to immerse himself in micro-management such as this.

Her reply to his voiced thoughts of tutoring her was met with a slight twitch of the corners of black lips, which flickered for a moment in that devastating smile. It was right of her to be honored - Sirius did not waste his time with individuals that were not worth it. This offer alone showed that Magnolia was of high value to the peacock monarch, high enough that he would spend personal time with her, if necessary. Large, dark ears - coyote ears, in truth, sitting on the crown of a sharp but wolfish head - lifted at her mention of plans to travel East in search of a steed. A thoughtful hum swelled in his throat, before the man's voice oozed out like warm caramel. "Very well. It would suit your rank well to have a horse. However, be wary of the lands of the Infernians - Though not our enemies, do not for a moment think of them as friends. Trust no one beyond these borders, and you shall return with a horse safely, I believe," His narrowed pupils lifted Eastward, where far beyond forest and land lay Inferni, nestled amongst its plains and it's border of skulls.

<style>
#siriusal1 {
}
#siriusal1 p {
}
#siriusal1 p.alImage {
}
#siriusal1 .txtooc {
#siriusal1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#siriusal1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#siriusal1 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#siriusal1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. Wrap up soon?

The Confidant indulged in his every word, feeling special that he was spending his time talking to her. The yearling still had so much to learn about her King, but from what she knew he was fascinating. He had shown no cruelty to her yet but who knew what could happen. Maggie had been quick to learn the ways of his kingdom to remain under the radar for so long. She hadn’t even realized quite how quiet she had been… it had taken her nearly a year to have a one on one conversation with Sirius. But in that year, her nerves had gone away and instead became a beautiful, dangerous creature.

He told her where to go, and the girl nodded intently. ”I don’t plan on making very many friends outside of this pack. I trust no one except for our own.” It was true; Magnolia hadn’t met anyone outside of Salsola except for her sister and whomever crossed her path during border patrols. Her brain had been trained to focus on Salsola and Salsola only. That was the most important thing; family duty.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the slowwww. You can post again, if you want, or archive once you've read this post :3 >> Word Count: 2+

Sirius by Nat

It was surprising to Sirius that he had never before had such an occasion as this with the young Vedetta. The King had vague memories of her arrival within his kingdom - the girl had been favored by Larkspur, and Sirius held the hulking, dark man on a rare pedestal of respect. It was for this reason, perhaps, that Maggie had never before beheld the wicked glitter of his paranoid gaze; Larkspur's judgment of her persona was sound enough to the monarch that he had not needed to validate it with his own opinion of her. If the other man felt she was trust-worthy, then the peacock king took it in good word that she was.

And, thus far, Maggie had done nothing to dissuade this belief. Her dedication seemed genuine enough - A pleased smile curled the corners of black lips as she vehemently declared her trust lay only in the Family. It was as well; Sirius could not protect his pack from what lay beyond borders of thistle and thorn. His people needed to be cunning to survive out there, for it seemed that Salsola was not well-liked by the other inhabitants of this land. Rumors of their reputation had spread, so quickly, so poisonously. He did not see it necessary to remind Magnolia to hide her scent when she left - The girl seemed smart enough to know to do such a thing on her own.

His pea-green gaze gave her a final sweep, an approving nod given to nobody in particular. Yes, the young woman was indeed a good little soldier, her mind as warped by the Salsolan propaganda as any other loyal member of the pack. He, the puppeteer, was very proud of their attentiveness. "Excellent," Came the oozing growl of his voice, a sound so similar to a purr that his serpentine features could have twisted up into a Cheshire grin, "It seems you have everything under control, then, Confidant. See to it that things remain that way," The glib comment was offered with a flash of yellowed fangs in a kindly smile. With a flick of his dark locks, the man dismissed her, and his long stride took him back in the direction of the crumbling Ruins.

<style>
#siriusal1 {
}
#siriusal1 p {
}
#siriusal1 p.alImage {
}
#siriusal1 .txtooc {
</style>[/html]