Welcome Feast
[html]

Jan 20

Once she'd gotten her senses wrapped around what was happening, Terra had found her way over to where a big feast was being held. Several canines were already here, feasting and dining upon the food. Still nervous from the press of all the unknown bodies Terra was unusually aggressive, nipping at those who got too close. It earned her a small berth where none came in contact with her, wanting to avoid running into her sharp teeth. She grabbed a seat near the edge of the clearing, and fought her way through to the food.

There was so much there, and much of it she didn't even recognize. Terra grabbed orange fruit, and some purple vegetable, and a bowl of nuts. She seized red fruit, large and juicy, and came away with a full half of a deer. Placing it down on the table Terra smiled. Time to eat! She dug in happily, eyes scanning the crowds for those who would dare to come too close.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
WC: 352

Xyza had arrived to the feast her bag filled with clothing to trade and sketches to share. She was ready for anything even as her body still felt ragged from the strange days of lost hours on end. She was dressed rather nicely in a skin tight black woolen dress that dropped to her ankles. Her arms and shoulders covered by a red sweater top that went nicely with the dress. She looked around hoping to find someone she knew but there were so many people, she didn’t know where to begin. She decided to join the feast alone and she stayed rather calm and smiled at the sights before her. Then suddenly she saw her. The one she wasn’t sure was a dream or not, but there she was as real as anything and her breath started to quicken. The last time she had seen the feral looking female had been a vision of teeth bared and growls raised. She felt herself slipping and the only thought she could think was No not here. Then she was Xyza no more.

Belle awoke to a terrifying sight. She was surrounded by them and she stood abruptly ready to make a break for it until she realized what her eyes had been set upon. A crooked smile drew across her face and she looked around to try to find a way to get to her in this nightmare. She dodged and weaved not wanting to be tainted by the touch of these creatures and finally fell beside Terra into a seated position. Terra! She shouted happily and slinked in closer to the girl. Where are we? Did they get us? There are so many of them. She wanted to grip onto the female her fear filled to the brim unsure if she would ever calm. Her blue eyes darting back and forth between the faces as some looked her way she turned her gaze away. If she had been taken once again the last thing she wanted was to be strapped down again. Finally her hand gripped Terra’s fur lightly. Terra, I’m scared.
[html]

out of character text

Terra's eyes widened as she saw her friend come across the festival. Her pose was different, holding a bag that didn't seem to be filled with Belle's treasures. Their eyes met, and Terra realized her error. That wasn't Belle. That was the intruder. Her teeth flashed for a moment before Belle returned to where she belonged. The poor girl was rather frightened before spotting her and working her way through the crowd to where Terra sat on the edge. She smiled warmly at Belle's words, chuckling lightly. There were no sky people, but Terra knew Belle wasn't all there. She just didn't care. Took advantage of it, as a matter of fact.

Shaking her head Terra held her finger to her lips. No, they haven't taken us. I'm surprised to see you here Belle. I've come to listen to them discuss their business. This is one of their meetings on our land, you know. I'm pretending to be one of them. If I'm lucky I'll get an invitation to the big meeting and hear their plans. Terra's tail thumped, amused by her own tale. Belle would probably swallow it whole. Her gaze softened as Belle clung to her though, revealing her fear. It'll be just fine. Pretend you're one of them and they'll never realize. After all, so many are disguised like us. She hoped that would work. Not willing to miss out on the feast she plucked the strange purple fruit out and bit into it. Juice poured out, her eyes widening with surprise. It was good! Terra happily ate more until remembering Belle. She held out the half eaten fruit. Here. It's safe. You'll need to keep up your strength if you're here.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
WC: 344

Belle nodded rather swiftly all through out Terra’s words. She would not doubt her friend and knew she wouldn’t lead her astray. She was after all the warrior in these matters and Belle a mere novice… a follower. She was even slave to the beasts that had surrounded her that drank and laughed like many of the normal ones around. She could tell them apart but some were devious some were smart. Her eyes met with someone and her grip on Terra’s arm tightened just slightly as her eyes averted downward. It was then Belle noticed the food the mouth watering meals before her. Why was everyone blindly eating what they had set out? Why was everyone so blind? She could feel her insides churning and her heart racing she wanted to bellow out that they were here. That at any moment they were going to overtake everyone rip us from the inside out to feed their machines, their bodies, their young everything.

Then Terra handed her the fruit and she snapped her face toward her as she spoke. You trust it? She whispered and inspected the piece as she brought it to her maw. She gave a sniff and licked it carefully. Then her teeth sank in and she immediately moaned as her body seemed to liven from the juices. The small chunk fell upon her tongue after the juices had hit and she smiled. Her crooked grin quickly lost the action such a foreign feel to the one who almost never ate as her mind raced constantly. You’re sure its ok? It makes me feel funny… I have never in the life of me tasted something so delicious. She took another bite her body tingling with excitement. She would have been lost in that moment to one of her alters if it hadn’t been for the slight shift of a male to her left. She yelped lightly feeling the movement brush her sensitive skin. She was grateful it had just been fur as she inched away from him and closer to Terra.
[html]

we should have a thread with Terra, Belle, and her therapist

The grip on her arm tightened, drawing a small snarl from Terra before she relaxed. It was just Belle panicking a little. Nothing for her to worry about, no threat or the like for Terra to fight. It did hurt though, claws digging into her flesh. Carefully Terra looked through the food that she'd picked out, trying to choose what to eat next. She glanced over at Belle as the girl spoke. Yes it's safe. The sky people eat it too. I'm told it will grant us some abilities, though I'm not too sure what. Terra watched Belle take a careful bite, a moan of happiness escaping her.

Pleased that her friend was enjoying the meal Terra quickly reassured her. It'll be just fine. Of course it makes you feel funny. It's not normal canine food. This was the first time Terra had eaten fruit, mainly sticking to meat and the like that she was used to scavenging on her own. Grass was eaten on occasion to help settle her stomach, but the explosion of fruit in her mouth had been surprising for her as well. Amused by Belle's reaction Terra selected a pig's leg and gently tore off a piece, enjoying the spiced flavors of the cooked meat.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
WC: 503 (not including lyrics XD)
ooc: yes we should have a thread... dunno how she would feel about Terra's influence... its half bad half good kind of thing lol

Belle’s eyes widened with wonder when she said it would grant them abilities. Belle stared at the piece of fruit in her hand wondering what this one would do for her. Though her brow furrowed and she couldn’t help but feel a little angry at the Sky People for tampering with food. Or was this from their lands, she didn’t know. She decided after a long while to take another bite and it was just as careful as the first. Terra however didn’t seem at all discomforted by eating the creature’s food and figured she would be ok. She shut her eyes as reaction to the delightful pleasure of the taste and took another bite. Before she knew it she was taking small pieces of meat, picking at the various items that were very impressively prepared. All her bites were small and careful but still the odd actions caused the female to cough and choke at one point.

She reached for a glass of something before her and looked to Terra to see if it was ok to drink it. She coughed again and quickly guzzled the drink. The taste was surprising and threw her into more coughing fits. What had they done to her? Was she dying? It is tainted Terra. She gasped between coughs but as she finally caught her breath and felt ok she furrowed her brow. She was still alive… Had I merely choked? She wondered and remembered what the female had mentioned earlier… maybe this was her ability about to be exposed. She waited… and waited… nothing… until finally she felt a sudden urge to sing. The words came out carefully, slowly and almost as a whisper. Belle had never sung before but her voice would say otherwise. The song was slow almost sad but for some reason it always stuck with her when she first heard it.

I fall to pieces
Each time I see you again
I fall to pieces
How can I be just your friend?

You want me to act like we've never kissed
You want to forget; pretend we've never met
And I've tried and I've tried, but I haven't yet...
You walk by, and I fall to pieces

I fall to pieces
Each time someone speaks your name
I fall to pieces
Time only adds to the flame

You tell me to find someone else to love
Someone who'll love me too
The way you used to do

But each time I go out with someone new,

When she was down she found herself standing her heart beating swiftly and her breath heavy from belting out the lovely song. She looked around realizing what she had done and sat quickly. Her cheeks heated and her hand quickly went to Terra’s arm. Sorry… I shouldn’t have done that… they’ll know who I am they’ll take me. We should… Then clapping had erupted, slow at first but after a little while Belle felt rather happy. No one seemed offended not by the majority anyway. But it was still a stupid act now she would be noticed, seen. But as her eyes trailed through the crowd it was strange… they didn’t at all seem that interested in her outburst. Had her ability forced them to turn a blind eye? Had her singing really caused her to seem… invisible? She let out a disbelieving sing burst of a laugh and smiled at Terra. I… think it worked. She pointed at the food before her and smiled. She grasped her hands together and took another sip of the strange strong tasting drink. It had tasted sweet and bitter at the same time.
[html]

out of character text

Belle grabbed a drink of sometime and took a sip. Startled as she burst into fits she leaned over and sniffed it, her nose wrinkling in disgust. That didn't smell like anything she'd want down her throat. The gasped words had Terra's ears flattening, uncertain. She didn't know what the drink was, so it could be bad for them for all Terra knew. That would be just her luck. It could have been something for washing with, or something just for decoration. After a little while Belle seemed fine though, and Terra relaxed. It was just a really strange drink.

Shock ran through her though as only a minute after Belle stood up, a beautiful song pouring from her throat. Astonished at her timid friend's action Terra just stared as she sat back down. Applause followed as if it had been a show, Terra quickly joining in. We'll be fine. Just- Just what? Don't repeat that? She didn't want to discourage Belle, especially since the girl was already so panicky. Everyone went back to what they were doing though, undisturbed by the outburst. Terra studied the crowds curiously. Perhaps such things were common at festivals. She smiled at Belle's small delighted burst of laughter. She did pull the drink away though. You might not want too much of that. Terra wasn't sure what it was, but it didn't seem too good. Terra passed Belle a pig heart instead.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine);</style>BELLE

Belle felt saddened by the sudden departure of the strange drink but listened to her friend. Then she looked down at the little bit of meat that was veiny and dark. She dug a claw in and shuddered at the feel. She drew her nose in and moaned with delight. She took a bite and before she knew it she was devouring the thing little bit by bit. She glanced about herself at the people and noticed someone whispering into a young female’s ear. She giggled lightly and a tiny growl rose from Belle’s throat but she quickly thwarted the action. She lowered her head and averted her eyes. Then her whispering began as it often did when she was unpleased. There them beasts go again, rattling their lies, turning, pullin, lying. She shook her head disgusted and gave Terra a light shove to bring light to the flirting that was present before them. Look, see, they are devils, liars and look how she smiles so unknowing, so willing. It’s disgusting. She sighed wishing she could do something but they were surrounded, completely trapped if they did anything.

Word Count :: 189 <3.

Image courtesy of Pure-Poison89

<style>
.GR2_Xyza p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Xyza b {font-family:verdana; color:#95cb8d; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Xyza {background-color:#082e25; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#7c8f63; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ABLE11.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:350px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #081416; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Xyza .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Tangerine; font-size:70px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:50px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.GR2_Xyza .ooc {text-align:Right; font-family:verdana; color:#e6eba8; font-size:9px; border-top:2px dotted #000000; padding:0px 30px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Belle dug into the meat happily enough. Assured that she wasn't going to cause anymore trouble for now Terra grabbed a deer leg. Ravenously she tore in, large chunks swallowed down. It was so good. This particular piece was cooked, leaving the spices and juices to nearly overwhelm the coyote's mind. She knew about cooking, and knew that luperci often ate such things, but she wasn't used to it. Terra hunted and ate her food raw. Actually, she scavenged and ate her food raw. Terra wasn't a very good hunter unless she had a partner.

She was still eating when Belle started whispering again. Ignoring it Terra continued her meal, but Belle didn't seem satisfied with that. She was nudged, her attention drawn to where a male and female were flirting, so clearly in love. Well, maybe not in love. The female seemed to be enjoying the attention, and the male was definitely sweet talking the girl, but the reason behind it was a mystery. Terra listened in amazement as Belle talked, describing it as disgusting. Well, she probably thought the male was a sky person. We can't do anything about that. She might get away from him. There are a lot of canines here after all. Easy to get lost in the mess.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]