Celebration
[html]
OOC

Spirits in the pack had been fairly low lately. While Terra's own interactions with the other members remained fairly light hearted, tainted by her carefree ways, an undercurrent of emptiness stood in the pack. The alpha was stressed, she could see that when talking to him. Caspa had been injured in some mysterious fight she was unwilling to talk about, and Robin had come to her for advice about Liam, something she hadn't felt equipped to answer.

Wanting to lift the spirits of everyone, Terra gathered some wood together. She hadn't learned much yet, but managed to steal a burning stick from another fire to make one of her own. It crackled happily, spreading warmth through the air. Tail wagging Terra took some rabbits that she'd removed from storage and threw them into the fire, fully expecting them to cook just like she'd been told they would. Running around Terra scratched some designs in the ground for decoration, and added a quick pit fall. It was shallow, only difficult to escape if one happened to be a pup. Satisfied that everything was ready Terra let out a howl.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
She had been wandering near a pack, when a howl rang out. Curiosity sparked the Soul bred woman. Blue eyes glittered with interest as she turned and headed toward the howl. Her movements were quick and loose, free flowing like water over stones. She wore the peasant blouse that exposed her shoulders, and the jeans with the hole made to accommodate her tail. Around her waist was the ever present pouches of various trinkets and her daggers.

She wasn't sure how far into the pack she had traveled before she came on the scene. Her lips lifted in a smirk, her ears perking forward. Blue eyes sparkled with amusement at the scene. She couldn't help but to speak out, her voice dry. "I am so very sorry, I do so hope I didn't interrupt you." She had crossed her arms, her braid trailing over her shoulder. The raven feather in her mane tickled her feather, a reminder of Odadio's lost caress.

The black hued and troubled alpha had often enjoyed caressing her cheek the way his feather did. It was a welcome reminder of the lands she'd left behind, leaving for a new life and a new spirit. She didn't recognize the scent of the pack she had wantonly entered now, but it seemed like a lot of packs had come and gone in the years she had been gone.

((wc:230))
[html]
OOC

Terra had been fairly close to the borders when making the fire. It was only a short trot away, though not too close. She didn't want to deal with any scavengers edging in on a meal meant for the pack. That didn't seem to stop the one that came though. Turning Terra bared her teeth, thinking that it was someone coming to steal the meat. The sight before her was quite different though. A fairly tall female stood there, trinkets hanging at her wrist. They immediately riveted the attention of the thief. Remembering they were on pack lands Terra sighed. No stealing for her. At least not here.

No interruption. You seem to be the only one who heard me. Care for some meat? It's still cooking. Terra indicated to the meat that was beginning to blacken, the flames greedily licking at it. If someone didn't step in soon there would be no meat, just ash and a very disappointed cook. She didn't know that though, and her tail wagged slightly. Terra knew there was a good chance that this female was more than she appeared, having the boldness to enter claimed territory and talk with such attitude. Terra was more than flexible with boundaries though, and had her own attitude to match.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

320 words.

The dog King heard the Baroness’ howl, and though it was not specifically meant for him, the caramel-hued secui male began walking in the direction of her song, interested to see what she had in mind now. Caspa had informed him of the show that she and Terra were planning, something to lift the spirits of the kingdom. Both Terra and Caspa seemed interested in helping the pack, making it a comfortable place to live in light of recent troubled times. It was something that Vigilante could appreciate, and their efforts should be rewarded. Caspa had been promoted into the council, and though it was something he was considering for Terra, he would like to see some growth on her end. She was loyal and a good member of the pack, but she was a sly one, and she seemed to be very young in spirit, something that would be worrisome in the council.

As he approached, the dog mutt realized that Terra was not alone. There was another’s scent on the air, one that he did not recognize, among the scent of burning meat and fire. It was not the scent of a Miracles canine, but someone else, someone who did not belong there by loyalty or home. With their history of trespassers, the King bristled at the recognition that the scent was foreign, and it urged him forward, massive paws carrying him to where Terra stood by a fire, rabbits cooking on a spit above it, and a strange brown woman stood on his lands. “Hello, Terra,” he said warmly, the words accompanied by a dip of his head in greeting. “Is this a friend of yours, or another trespasser?” The question was asked in a gruff tone, the warm voice becoming terse, the fur on the back of his neck rising. His dark face turned to study the strange woman, watching her with a piercing gaze.

<style>
.vigi-letgo1 b {color:#FAFEDB; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-letgo1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-letgo1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#322F21; letter-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:400px; background-color:#887A5A; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Blue eyes turned to the male who spoke, his body radiating power. She watched him for a moment, listening to his words. Her ears folded back, almost politely tucking her body into a slightly more submissive position. "I am Willow Soul, sir. I heard her howl, and wanted to see what the fuss was about. I have just returned to the lands where I was born... sort of. Seems both Phoenix Valley and Dahlia are gone. So I'm in the market for a new pack."

The smell of the singing meat caused her to glance at the fire. While part of her wanted to leave the meat in the fire, to watch the girl's confidence fade as the meat crisped and blackened to charcoal, she didn't want to see good meat go to waste. She moved forward, her attention split between the dominant male and the woman. She bent down and used a forked stick to lift the woman's meal out of the fire. She set it nearby on a flattish looking rock then backed away, glancing at the woman.

"Have you cooked much? Crispy meat is alright, but the best way to get it cooked through is to make a spit over a fire. Stews are nice too, if you have vegetables. But it doesn't look like you did a bad job on these. Terra, is it?" She turned her gaze to the male. "Don't believe I caught your name, sir." She offered her most winning smile, while Soul raged inside of her begging her to sidle over and rub her scent on him, to tease him with her body as she was used to doing to any male she wanted.

Willow, though, was no fool. He was clearly in a position of authority, and had every right to chase her off if that was indeed the case. She wasn't in Odadio's lands, and didn't have any urge to fight or kill anyone. Not like she did back there. Yes, his lands had been good for her, he had been good to her, but she didn't want to repeat her life there anywhere else.

((WC:355))
[html]
OOC

Terra tucked herself in as Vigilante approached, her tail wagging happily. Her ears flattened slightly as a whine of happiness escaped her. Hello. Thought I'd do something for the pack. Her ears flattened even more as he asked if she was a friend or a trespasser. She'd forgotten about that again. So used to open borders and no limits Terra had to remind herself that others weren't supposed to enter the lands uninvited. She hadn't chased the female away because she hadn't acted like a scavenger, though her teeth quickly became bared as the meat was removed from the flames. Possessively she came over to the food, holding herself over it.

Her explanation for the actions calmed Terra somewhat, though Willow had shifted from someone passing by to a threat in Terra's mind. She hadn't offered the food, hadn't told her she could touch it. It wasn't her business if the meat came out looking a little different. Just because she didn't know what she was doing was no excuse for some loner to touch it. Terra knew all about scavengers, being one herself, and even more about thieves. She stood there, her body slightly less welcoming now. He's the alpha.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Back from my absence! Sorry for keeping you guys waiting!

The strange female's body turned mildly submissive, a quick response given to his question. The packs she spoke of were ones he knew, though he did not know much about them when they had been thriving in the area. Dahlia de Mai was more familiar to him than the Valley, though. "Yes, they merged together and moved north quite some time ago," the King spoke, though she might already know that. He felt himself ease slightly; there was no tangible tension as there has been with the girl who reminded him of Svara, and though he did not care for trespassers, it was easier to be pleasant when the air was as such.

For a brief moment, the two females seemed as if they would conflict greatly when the stranger touched Terra's meat, but an explanation followed. Vigilante would step in if the stranger crossed a line, but she seemed to want only to help, and so he remained quiet, lowering himself to sit with the two females, for he did not need to leave. "I am Vigilante Haskel," he responded after Terra introduced him by rank.

<style>
.vigi-letgo1 b {color:#FAFEDB; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-letgo1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-letgo1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#322F21; letter-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:400px; background-color:#887A5A; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]