Nobody dies from a broken heart
She didn't want to do it but there was no way she could leave the lands in the manner she was. Timori was safe in the caves, knowing that Ezekiel and Enkiel would watch after him. Sup Sup and Saol were content to stay in the springs area. The stallion knew he could go to the stables if he couldn't find forage of his own and the feline knew where to find food if he needed it, but the manx kitten was a fine hunter and the stallion had lived on the world around him without the help of others in his past. She did not worry about her two animal companions.. but there was one soul she had to leave without saying goodbye to, but that didn't mean she wouldn't leave word for him.

The letters were shaky and the smudges upon the scrap that she had begged from Enkiel were proof to the pain the male had caused her. She didn't know if the words were true but it wouldn't have surprised her, she had know that the dark hued Lykoi was a ladies man and that none among his lovers seemed to have had caused to hate him. She didn't know anymore what the feelings she felt for him were anymore, she didn't know if it had all been a game to him in the end. He could have chosen any other clan member, but the woman he chose was one she could never compete with. She had lost before the deed had ever been done.. if it had.

The words she knew would hurt him if anything he had ever felt for her was real, but she could not risk him following her, she could not deal with her duties and mending a broken heart with the face of her one time lover swimming before her. The scent of the man was too much as she trembled, her eyes blurring as she pinned the letter to his door. She knew he was gone but he would return sooner or later.

Helotes,

I don't want you to follow me I beg you for mercy.. You're my strongest weakness and you don't know how much it hurts me. If you think I could live with only half your love you're crazy.. Don't you know it's torture, it's like a living hell to know.. I can't help the way you make me feel when you look at me that way.. so you've got to stay away from me...

Zana

Her pawprint sealed the note as she pressed her palm against the paper, her eyes filled with tears as she slowly turned away. She caught sight of Kaena as the elder woman stood in the entryway to her room. The smallest woman of the clan turned her face away from the matriarch as she turned to leave the clan once more. There was nowhere else she could go. Ezekiel had offered her the chance to run and she would take it.