everywhere i go
[html]

backdated 11th January 2012 . 13.45pm . Cerne Rise . Optime Form

The young male's arm curved protectively around the vulnerable body of his son, held against his chest for warmth and closeness. His trip back to Cerne Rise would be a painful one, of that he was sure, but it was necessary. He needed to see if Eclipse had returned, whether Melee and Range were okay and what state the house was in. He also wanted to pick up his medicine satchel that he'd left behind on his travels and to show his son the house that had once been a home. He had been tempted to ask Eclipse to come and live with him and Nayru once he'd dug out their new den, but he wouldn't force her into anything. He was really trying to give up the perceived control he felt the need to have- Eclipse was an adult now and she shouldnt, and wouldnt, be told what to do. He'd missed her birthday and for that he was truly sorry. She had neither parents either and Saul liked to think that he had at least filled a little of their roles now that they were gone.

He'd made sure Temeraire was well fed before he'd left about half an hour ago. This visit was going to have to be short. While Temeraire was closer to a month old, he was still very fragile and in need of Nayru's milk far more than he needed his father at the moment. So while Saul felt it important he show Temeraire the house, he knew his son would need to return to his caregiver sooner rather than later. Green eyes stung softly as he approached the house, almost unchanged since he'd seen it last. He'd been so stupid to leave this place, to leave Eclipse, Wretch, Melee and Range. They all needed someone as much as he'd needed to know the reason for his siblings abandonment.

The door squeaked as he entered and Saul glanced down at the sleeping boy in his arms to check that he was still in slumber. Satisfied that he was, Saul moved towards the stairs, knowing exactly where he'd placed his medicine bag. He paused, taking a deep breath before shouting up. "Hello?" He called, wondering if he would find Eclipse here today.

378 words

<style>
.saul-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.saul-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saul-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.saul-b01 {background-color:#768DFF; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /o6COs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#17163C; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.saul-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.saul-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #17163C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 455 :: OOC: I did try to leave it up to you to have her cover his eyes or not lol.

Eclipse had just gotten home from her long journey. It was probably a good thing too because she was getting wore out from all her encounters. Now she was just glad to be home. It would soon be time for her to get back to work, but for now she wanted to rest. Her thoughts were on her bed in the Cerne Rise, where she still resided. One day she’d live on her own, but for now she was content where she was. Yawning she shouldered her pack she had found in the old city of Halifax and thought about being less burdened byt the thing, but she had found recipe books and some utensils she couldn’t seem to find here. It was great. That and she had found a whole store full of not only seeds for plants and flowers, but grass! She wondered if it was still good, after twenty years, who knew if the seeds would grow or not, but seeing as this place needed a bit of green she knew it would always be worth a try. As she moved towards the rise she saw the front door open and she stopped for a second. Her body was alert until the scent hit her nose. SAUL! Rushing towards the house she had every intention of bowling her cousin over and giving him as many licks as she could.

Seeing as he took after her when she came back and made sure she was established in the pack, he was like a father to her, and a savior. He was the one that found her in Crimson Dreams and he was the one who convinced her to find her home here with her true family as well as her pack family. She wagged her tail furiously as she ran up to him but stopped short as she saw a tiny furred head in his arms, and waved her arms and tail to keep balance. In his arms was an infant wolf and one so very small. She looked at him then at the pup, though his back was turned to her, she was sure he already knew someone was behind him by now, but quickly as she could she reached around to put her hands over his eyes to cover them. Playfully wagging her tail she spoke.

“Guess who!”

She said, a grin on her face, though she knew he knew but she could not help but play this little game, after all she still had her puppy antics and energy and she had to use them somehow. The puppy in his arms was a big question but she knew that would be addressed soon enough.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

no worries darling <3

The little puppy in his arms gave a soft squeak which was cut off by a throaty cough. Green eyes assessed his sons face as he heard the phlegm on his lungs rasping softly. He didn't think there was anything wrong with him, but he would give him some elderflower when he got back to Nayru. It might only be something mild, but Saul was all too aware of how delicate a pups body was and there was no way he was going to take chances. He thought perhaps it might had occured during the thirty six hours Teme had been away from his mother before Nayru had taken him on. A creamy paw came up to stroke his sons body, trying to soothe him back into sleep once more. He hadn't noticed just yet that silence had met his greeting question. Green eyes looked up, trying to see if anyone was coming down the stairs or out of the doors on either side of him.

Sound came from behind him instead and had her scent not preceded her, Saul would have turned and taken on a defensive position to defend his home and his son. It was, of course, unnecessary as he heard her footsteps stop, a whooshing of wind that he didn't quite understand before she stood still. Saul held his position, allowing her to have her fun before they actually got to talking. Small, familiar hands reached up to cover his eyes and Saul felt his body shake in a silent laugh. While she was officially an adult, and had been for a good few months now, Saul was pleased to see that she hadn't lost her exuberance and playfulness. Her delicate voice came then and Saul sobered up enough to give a nonchalant shrug.

"Oh, I have no idea. Could it be my errant cousin, returned from her travels?" He asked, before turning and attempting to capture Eclipse in a bone-breaking hug. He carefully manouvered Temeraire away from their bodies, and therefore ended up only wrapping one arm around his cousins, surprisingly, mature body. Trying not to think about that, he attempted to swipe a lick on her ear before he leaned back. "You look well Eclipse." He stated simply, a breathtaking grin spread across his face. His tail flashed back and forward in a whirl as he took in the welcome sight of his cousin who felt more like an extended daughter to him than anything else.

412 words

<style>
.saul-b01 {background-color:#768DFF; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /o6COs.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#17163C; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.saul-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #17163C; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

WC:476 OOC: Rawr babble!!!

In Character

She giggled as he shrugged and made his suggestion, which was entirely right. She let go and let the man take her one armed and hugged her. Even with one arm he was strong and she could feel the pressure of his fatherly love, she hugged him back then looked at the pup questioningly as Saul made to lick her ear. She wondered where he came from, well of course she knew the whole thing of pups coming from their mother, but Saul was mated? To who? He didn’t really smell any lingering scent’s other than this young pups’. And Maybe even Naryu’s.

“You look well too Saul, I had not known you left too, not until I returned. This place hasn’t been the same without out.”

She said. She was talking about both the pack and Cerne Rise. It wasn’t the same without her cousin keeping things straight and orderly, making sure the place was repaired and made a new. She knew it was starting to show it’s weathered look again as though it had lost something rather important, but this was her perspective, and she didn’t like it much, but she couldn’t just leave without any proper place.

“So where did you go? I went south to the America’s it was rather exciting. I even met someone who taught me how to hunt with a bow and arrow. But... I am not that good yet.”

She said sheepishly thinking about the doe she had lost and then hitting the other woman who had shot her with an arrow. She had not injured Orin though, but it would have possibly been a mortal wound if she hadn’t been wearing a leather harness. Eclipse felt very happy that she didn’t hurt her for the other woman thought Eclipse was an enemy, and the girl couldn’t blame the older woman, but she sure wished she hadn’t got hit by the arrow, and was questioned first rather than later. That was all here say now, and she was here wanting to know Saul’s adventuring stories and where the handsome pup in his arms came from. She loved puppies, and knew she could take care of one well enough, but was surely not ready for any of her own. She wasn’t even mature yet, but in a while she would be and she would have many puppies she was sure of it, but she wasn’t sure by who or when, though that was not on her mind at the moment. It was far from on her mind as she was still young and carefree. SHe didn’t need the touch of a man quite yet. Though to have a pup, well that was a different story. Unfortunately she needed a man to have a child so it was a vicious cycle.

<style>
.EcCu p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.EcCu b {font-family:verdana; color:#354454; text-shadow:#354454 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.EcCu-b {width:347px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.EcCu-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#354454; text-shadow:#354454 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.EcCu-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.EcCu {background-color:#d6e1ed; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7497/tbl5.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 159px 0px; } </style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]
[html]

no worries darling <3

Her soft giggle was like a balm to his ears- despite everything, despite her mother and father leaving her, her family practically abandoning her and everything else that had happened to his cousin, Saul could see that she was okay. She could still laugh and smile and be happy. While Saul shared a lot of this attitude with her, he could also see that the disappearance of his family affected him more than it did her. Was it the fact that she was confident they would return some day? Or did it have more to do with the fact that she already understood the fact that she couldn't make her family stay close to her- they would do as they wished regardless. Saul could look at Eclipse in a new light, for her happiness was a helping hand on getting him back on track. Green eyes looked gratefully into her own blues as they both pulled back. He saw her look towards Temeraire and Saul smiled softly. Now there was a story that he wasn't exactly proud of, yet it had yielded such a reward for him. She spoke first however, returning his sentiments.

"I'm sorry I had to go at all Eclipse. I should have been here..." He mumbled softly, looking towards with her a certain pain in his eyes. He knew he shouldn't have left, but another part of his mind argued that had he not left, Temeraire wouldn't exist. And his son really was special to him. Still, there was one thing he could do to maybe ease her mind. "I promise I won't leave again..." He spoke truthfully- there was nothing on this earth that could make him leave this place. Eclipse wasn't ever one to let silences take hold and she launched into another question before she explained where she'd gone. South she'd gone, whereas Saul had headed North.

"I've always wanted to learn that! You'll have to show me how you did it some day! I went North, after Siku and Gideon" He said, noticing the slight constriction in his throat as he spoke her name. He was getting there, slowly realising that life hadn't ended because she'd left. He would get there eventually, and it was all a healing process. He coughed once to relieve the tension in his throat, before he looked down at the sleeping boy against his chest. "Eclipse, I'd like you to meet your newest cousin, Temeraire." He said, before shifting his arms and offering the boy to his cousin come daughter to hold. He had a present for her that he needed to retrieve and it was difficult with the small boy in his arms.

447 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 606 :: Read!! RAWR lol. Eclipse loves her second cousin, he so cute Wink

Eclipse had come to terms with her parents leaving her for she knew she had gained just as much family as she could. Saul was more a father to her now than her own, though she still held a very special place in her heart for Conor, and though no one had replaced her as a mother, she was still a proud woman. She had her own place for her real mother as well. When Bris had been around she was what a mother should have been, and after Conor left, everything had fallen apart for Eclipse, but in the end, she had become stronger for it. She tried not to let things worry for her, and she knew that Conor would not be coming back, for she did believe Itachi about her fathers death now. How could he not be dead and not have come back for his daughter? In any case she had higher hopes for her life than most of her family had, even being the granddaughter of a wolf who was so vicious. She still did not know of the family curse.

“We all have to go sometimes, and I left too. I’m just glad you came back. I will stick to the area from now on myself.”

The young woman said making her own promise clear. Oh she’d wander, but not too far from home. In fact she had just come back from a good few days journey to the south of Nova Scotia. She grinned at Saul. She had offered Achi to learn the bow, but he refused so to know someone was interested in archery made her veyr happy and this possibly brought her closer to her cousin than before. Just thinking about memories that could be. He told her where he had gone and she saw the sadness in his eyes. She patted his shoulder, letting him know that she knew how hard it was to lose someone dear to him, and though she didn’t know Siku or Gideon very well, she knew that they were a big part of wolve’s lives. Siku being Saul’s love, and Gideon being Naryu’s mate and her own cousin. Why they left she had no idea, but she wasn’t going to blame them for anything. Then after the thought of him chasing her, and having a son as he introduced him to her, it made her wonder did he find her? If so why did he still sound so sad? That thought disappeared as he handed the sleeping pup to Eclipse. Her heart skipped a beat, and she looked at Saul as he passed on his own son to her. Delicately she took the sleeping form and smiled motherly to him. He was so small, so fragile, she held him gingerly though, cradled in one arm, and a finger stroking the top of his soft fuzz that kept him warm in the winter. She moved in further to keep the cold away from him, and allow for them to find a better spot than in the middle of the door.

“He is so absolutely handsome! You are very lucky Saul.”

She said idly keeping both eyes on the pup. She didn’t move to far into the house, afraid she would trip and fall and lose the puppy. That thought disheartened her spirits, but seeing as it hadn’t happened she was still ogling at the pup. He was just a miniature of any other wolf, though plumper, and child like. Something Eclipse can remember being, and was glad she had grown into her body.

<style>
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

<3

His cousin had always been the more relaxed of the two and Saul was willing to put it down to character traits. He knew, somewhere in his mind, that there was very little he could do about the will of others. Eclipse knew this too, but she had the fundamental trait that told her to just accept it and move on. Unfortunately, Saul was not blessed as such and he remained ever fretful that he wasn't doing enough, he was never doing enough to make Ichika and Cerne Rise a place that his family would want to stay in. Eventually he would come to understand to live his own life and leave everything else to whomever it belonged to. Her soft voice came again and Saul allowed green eyes to catch dark blue before he smiled softly.

"You're right, as always. Just as long as I know you're safe and happy, I'm fine with wherever you are." He offered in return, although there was a certain amount of trepidation in his tone. He would prefer that she stay close- he liked to think that the two of them had a strong enough bond to want to be around one another, to live in the same place at least. And Eclipse seemed to be doing so well here that Saul was doubtful she'd want to go anywhere else. Of course, it would be her choice either way and the sooner he accepted that, the better. As he handed Temeraire over, Saul thought he saw a moment of panic cross his cousins features and he smiled reassuringly. He knew, without a doubt, that Eclipse would never endanger or harm his son and he trusted her wholeheartedly to look after him.

She held him cradled in her arm, the other hovering over his sleeping body, stroking at the downy fur that covered his face. Saul knew that Eclipse would make a great mother some day, although it made him shudder to think of the acts that would give her children. She shifted slightly, moving further into the foyer they'd stopped in to protect his body from the cold. She spoke then, her eyes firmly placed on his sons sleeping body. Saul knew that he got a lot like Eclipse was now- mesmerised by him. "Thank you. I'm very lucky to have him." He said softly, having forgotten all about the present he'd been about to hand over before he remembered with a softly jolt.

"I have something for you." He said softly, pulling out a dark leather rope, which had hanging from it a wooden charm very similar to Saul's own. He smiled softly as he looked down at the animal he'd chosen to embody Eclipse- a squirrel. It suited her perfectly- the playful attitude, the boundless energy, but also the hard working, self preserving, resourcefulness that made Eclipse into who she was. He thought the animal suited her perfectly and he moved forward with a smile. He slipped the charm over her head, careful not to catch her ears or her tumbling brown locks. It settled on her breast bone and Saul chuckled softly. "There..." He murmured gently, before gesturing to the living room further back into the building.

"Perhaps you'd like to come sit down and I'll tell you what happened after I left" He asked, green eyes portraying a slither of pain at the thought of having to relay the story once more. But he knew that he needed to tell his cousin what had happened since he'd left and he would tell it without flinching away from it. Everything happened for a reason, and his reward for that was the little boy in his cousins arms.

618 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 378 :: Out of character text here.

Though Eclipse did want to move, she was content in staying where she was until she found a suitable place within the pack. She wasn’t going to leave for any other packs any longer and she knew it. She was home for life and she would do her best to make the pack a better place. She smiled at his words, knowing that if she did leave again he would be just as worried as he had been the other two times. He always worried, though thats what Eclipse loved about him, he always looked after everyone so well, in hopes they would want to stay and never leave. She respected him for wanting a happy family.

The puppy stirred in her amrs a little and a slight bout of panic raced through her as she held onto him. He did not wake though, just moved a bit. Once he was settled again she smiled. The puppy was adorable, and though she wanted one of her own she knew it would be a long time before she would have her own. At his words of having something for her she looked up at him. He was in the motion of already putting the necklace around her neck and she nearly pulled back, but stopped herself. She looked down and saw the squirrel, an irony to her for she had a few squirrels in the Michigan area throw nuts at her when she trespassed on their territory... well they were the husks, they wouldn’t actually through food at her, when they needed it for winter.

“Ok and I’ll tell you about my adventures too. I’ve had some fun experiences.”

She had noticed the flinch but chose to ignore it. She moved slowly to the living room. She was afraid of dropping the boy in her arms and that made her move cautiously and slowly but her slow movement kept him asleep and she was at the couch in no time. She sat down and watched Saul. She would wait for him to speak and not rush him, for some reason it seemed pretty painful for the man to even think about it just from telling her he would tell her about his journey.

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

<3

Saul had found it ironic, moving to Ichika. He'd always thought that Dahlia was his whole life- he would never change and Dahlia would never move. When Nayru had first suggested it, Saul had protested against it vehemently. Dahlia de Mai was his home, his whole life. He never wanted anything different. His mentality had also sat with the fact that it was the most likely place for Ascher and Shiloh to return to them. Dahlia was their home base and his siblings would have no idea what had happened if they came back and found the Dahlians up and gone. Saul wasn't the only one- little Magnolia had left not long after the announcement and Saul had seen her once since then. She grown so much and the male didn't recognise her when they'd met up for the first time not long ago. Of course, his opinion had shifted so much since then. The move to Ichika had forced him to grow up and he no longer clung to the childish fantasy that his family would be together all of the time. While he had been damaged severely by his families leaving, there was a smaller part of his brain that forced him to admit that there was nothing he could do about it. And then there was the fact that he still had a lot here to return to. Ichika was like emerging from captivity- he found he had a lot more freedom to do as he wished. Ichika was something he had never dreamed of, but it was such an eye opener that Saul found it impossible to regret the decision to come here.

Lost in his own thoughts for a moment, the young male wasn't paying particular attention to his cousin as they moved towards the living area. He heard Temeraire stir in Eclipse's arms and he glanced back to catch the look of sheer panic in his cousins dark blue eyes before his son settled and she smiled down at him. He was a good pup, despite his youth and Saul was sure he wouldn't have caused much trouble had he woken up. He was usually easy to settle into something. Of course, the large feed he'd been given before Saul had left to find Eclipse would have done wonders for the little pup. He would be out for a good few hours before he felt the stirrings of hunger in his belly and he would have to take him back to his caregiver for some more food. For now, he was more than happy to allow Eclipse to hold her new cousin- he was just glad that they'd made it back to Ichika relatively unharmed. She spoked softly and Saul smiled, a nod his only reply as the two of them sat on the sofa that still remained in the common area of Cerne Rise. He had no idea where to begin, but he knew that he must.

"When Gideon and Siku left back in the fall, I don't really know what I was thinking when I followed them. I guess I couldn't let them walk away from me without explaining why and where they were going." He paused, green eyes flickering back and forward as he searched for a way to explain his heartbreak. "I found Siku not long after I left Ichika. I'm not really sure what happened, but we argued and she told me she didn't love me any more, that she didn't want to see me again. I was pretty distraught..." He gulped, green eyes filling with tears as he tried to get past the huge lump in his throat. "I guess it was a folly to believe that after all the times she'd left me before that she still wanted to be with me. Still, I didn't know that her feelings had changed that much. Perhaps if I'd known I would never have gone. I wish I hadn't." He whispered softly, fingering the owl charm on his chest. He hadn't been so wise in that moment, that was for sure. "I managed to pull myself together to sort Hermes out, who'd gotten himself stuck in a bramble bush. Siku was long gone by then and I didn't want to follow her, to see if she really meant it. She wouldn't have said it if she didn't mean it. It was while I was trying to sort Hermes out, and find my way home, that a female by the name of Imari Hart found me. She was nice enough and she invited my back to her camp so that I could see to Hermes' wounds better."

He certainly didn't have the guts to admit that he'd had a one night stand with this female, but there was nothing else to tell her about that night other than what had happened. "I don't really know how it happened, but she got me drunk and seduced me. We m-mated that night and in the morning she was long gone." He stumbled over the word, before he gently shook his head. "It must have been the alcohol, but I didn't think anything would happen by it. And I carried on to see if I could find Gideon." He said softly, rubbing his face gently as he looked down at his son. While the night had been a mistake, he couldn't bring himself to regret it now that Temeraire was safe with him. His son was a wonderful boy and he knew that he wouldn't have his child without that fateful night. Even so, he couldn't bring himself to look at his cousin come daughter, before he straightened and continued. "Surprisingly, I found Gideon. A small part of me didn't think I would do it, but I caught up with him around Alaska. We had a long conversation and the whys of his leaving and what he was going to do. It wanted him to come back, but he told me he wouldn't be returning any time soon. He went to go and find our father, as well as Ascher and Shiloh if he could. I didn't have the heart to ask him to come back again..." He said, unsure whether Eclipse was aware of his brothers failed mateship with their leader.

"Well anyway, I left Gideon in the morning and started heading for home. I think I got lost so many times I had no idea where I was going, but nothing really exciting started happening until I knew I'd found my way home. I was about a days ride from Ichika when I heard her. Her voice was so weak that I almost missed it, but Hermes stopped and we turned back. She caught up with us, looking haggard and a mess. In her arms, she cradled this little boy, whom she thrust out to me. She told me that she couldn't look after him, that she would be a terrible mother and that he would be far better off with me. I had no choice but to take him and bring him home. I'm very glad I did though..." Saul trailed off, green eyes fixed on the small body of his son. He'd never regret a minute he spent with his son.

1211 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 356 :: Out of character text here.

Eclipse sat and listened to the man, the tiny boy clutched in her arms as she heard the tale. It certainly wasn’t a happy one and she felt bad for Saul. He had been through so much though he still seemed strong and wise. Even though she cringed at his words when he got to the part where he was drunk and mated with a wolf he barely know, she felt bad for him. She didn’t know getting drunk meant one tended to lose their mind, or the drink befuddled it, she had yet to experiment with alcohol. She felt horrible at the way Siku treated Saul and wished things had went a different way. Even Gideon... he refused to come back even to his mate, the few times she had met with him... well he never seemed the type of wolf to just up and leave. Then again Eclipse wasn’t either, though she didn’t really have too much other than family to hold her down. She continued as he spoke, talking about how he had come to recieve his son and she looked down at his sleeping form, a small smile on her face. Once he was finished she let his words soak in for a bit.

“Maybe you did have to make the journey you did. Because if you didn’t he wouldn’t be here. He may not have been born to the best of circumstances, but I think he’ll grow up strong because of it.”

She said slowly. She knew of the act of mating and what it could bring upon. She had seen Jace, heard the explanation, and her instinct was soon to come out to find her own mate, but she was resisting that part of her at the moment. There was far too much she wanted to do before thinking about children much less having one. So having the boy in her arms may have been a help for her, as her maternal feelings were let out with him and she could see herself visiting the boy everyday just to see how he was doing.

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

<3

Eclipse sat still, her face reserved but understanding, his son nestled more than happily in her arms. Temeraire would grow up with a jovial yet wise Aunt Eclipse and Saul was more than overjoyed that he'd been able to return home and that his son would grow up surrounded by all of these people that would love him. She didn't interupt him as he spoke and for that he was grateful. He didn't want to hear any judgement in her tone when she asked him a question, or whether she wanted to know more about a specific detail in his story. He didn't have much to say about the intervening months between that fateful evening with Imari- there wasn't really much to tell. As his story came to an end, he allowed his green eyes to turn nervously towards his cousin to see what she had to say on the subject.

She surprised him with the words of wisdom that came from her mouth. His eyes turned grateful as he ran a hand over his face, exhaling deeply. She showed true maturity sometimes and Saul knew that there was so much more to his cousin than she let on most of the time. "I think he will too... and with an Aunt who is so wise, he'll have no choice but to grow up strong and intelligent." He said, a soft chuckle escaping him. He hadn't known he'd been nervous about his cousins reaction to his story until he'd started telling it, but she settled his nerves easily as they sat across from each other. It was her turn to talk now and he looked towards her expectantly. "So tell me, where have you been? What have you been doing since we last saw each other?" He asked, a mirthful smile tugging his lips.

304 words

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 251 :: Out of character text here.

Eclipse smiled at her cousin and nodded. She liked being called wise or smart, though she learned most of what she knew the hard way. Upon his inquiry of her travels she contented herself to think about what she needed to remember.

“Well my story isn’t as fantastic as yours. I really only skimmed south, I even met a wolf who had taught me to use a bow and arrow. He was really nice and kept things pretty well. He saved me with is own bow and arrow, there had been I don’t know what it was, it was in the brush, and we had just met and it had long teeth and sharp claws, and he shot at it, hitting it, but it ran off, so i never got to see it. After that he came with me and showed me how to use them myself, even got me one from a pack by trading what we had scavenged around. I didn’t go far but he was headed all the way south. I knew that if i did too i would never come back so we said our goodbyes and I came home. There was an incident with a badger, but other than that, it wasn’t as eventful as your trip.”

She said feeling her story wasn’t anywhere near as good as Sauls, and knew she wasn’t the best story teller either, but that was that and she would answer any questions along the way.

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

finish hurrr plez? <3

The two cousins had settled into a comfortable position and Saul would have been more than happy to stay here for the rest of the afternoon. Eclipse began to speak and Saul settled into silence to listen to her story, even if she professed to it being less than exciting as his had been. While he'd gotten a son from it all, Saul knew that his journey could have gone so much better than it actually had. Siku's blatant rejection still played on his mind, even after nearly three months since the actual incident. He was thinking about her less and less and for that he was grateful, but there was also times where she came to the forefront of his mind and he tried his best to snort and push the thoughts away. In this incident, he chose to listen to Eclipse's words, even if they were a little confused and muddled up. He grinned softly, scratching the back of his hand absently as she explained about wanting to come home instead of head further south. He was intrigued when she mentioned an incident with a badger, but decided that he probably didn't want to know. Eclipse was always getting in to trouble and this was no different.

"You might not have done as much as I did, but you learnt some valuable skills and life lessons. Im glad you came back though."

He spoke proudly of his cousin come daughter, before the high pitched squealing of his son caught his attention. It was probably about time for the boy to wake up anyway and it wasnt anything Eclipse had done. With a grin, Saul deftly lifted the tiny puppy out of Eclipse's arms and tucked him back against his chest. It did little to quiet him and Saul knew that he was going to have to take him back to Nayru in a few short moments. The young Stormbringer stood, his muscles protesting for a moment before he rose fluidly from his seat. With a smile, he pulled Eclipse into a hug, squeezing her tighter for a few seconds before releasing her.

"Lets not lose touch again, okay?" He said, a small smile on his face as he licked her nose softly. "But for now, I'll have to get this little boy back to Nayru for some food." He said, a tinge of regret in his voice, but he knew it was necessary. With a last squeeze to his cousin, he moved out towards the door and opened it carefully, his whining son still insistent that food was necessary. With a soft chuckle, Saul set off towards his piebald leader and towards the earthen den that was beginning to get crowded.

-exit saul-

453 words

<style>
</style>[/html]