lover's embrace
[html]
set 18th jan

Odessa knelt in front of the open fire in her home. Imhotep was out tending to the garden, he said that he would fetch her the herbs she had asked for. Thyme, sage and mint. All three items she had seen growing through out the winter and would compliment the lamb and beef perfectly. Both ingredients had been traded for by a traveller not long ago and had been stored in a snow pit over the winter. They were already minced and all Odessa needed to do was cook the koftas she was planning to craft for Imhotep. And of course add the herbs, but Immy had to come home first. Using the Y sticks at either end of the fires pit, Odessa suspended the stick that the kebabs hung on, letting the koftas sizzled below. Smiling the girl leant back from the smoke and paused. Both Juan and Saffron seemed intrigued by the scent, but only Juan lifted himself from his perch, sitting at his mistresses side. The black calico lay with the three kittens at her chest. The white female was the one Odessa was going to give to Immy, she'd considered doing so straight after their arrival. After all, did Egyptians like cats?

The medic had entirely forgot it was her birthday. Turning one was far from the forefront of her mind, her life with th Egyptian was more important to her of course. It seemed like it was getting serious, they slept in the same room after all, even if they weren't intimate past hugs and light kisses. Odessa always got butterflies in her stomach when ever she saw him, she didn't know why exactly, but she didn't mind. She hoped he enjoyed the food too, after all she had researched it just for him. It sounded simple and looked as if it tasted just as good.

Word Count: 300+
table by raze, template by revo. <3
<style type="text/css">
.SecodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/s7TRm.png') #cfeafb no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.SecodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:georgia;}
.SecodesInput {padding:10px; margin:5px; border:1px dashed #000; background:#fff; color:#5d513c; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.SecodesInput b {color:#f5d909; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.SecodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:georgia;}
.SecodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#f5d909; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 500IDK if I can post here yet o.o breaking all the rules

Imhotep had not been in Salsola long but the time he spent was not out and about. He was spending most of the time speaking with Odessa and learning to speak with more ease. Though he was also learning the laws of the wild. He wanted to make sure that everything he did was correct she had taken so much time to teach him and help him. He had to admit that he was beginning to think about her less as just another woman and more as something more. Though he never wanted to be all over her. His head was not always the one leading his feelings though he tended to allow his other head to think for him.

She had proclaimed that she was going to cook a meal for him and she needed a few herbs. Though many died during this time of the year there were a few that were able to survive the winter. She had done the best she could to keep the snow from burying the plants. Now that he was here he was hoping to build a building for the winter to house plants. He would in time ask the leaderships permission to do so.

Sifting through what few had seemed to live through the latest snow fall Imhotep shuffled snow out of his way so he could get to some of the plants and so that others could still manage to grow. He picked what he needed as he checked to see what was still growing here in this cold. He smiled as golden eyes looked up at the sky he was safe here and he would do anything for those within these lands. He stood dusting off the snow he moved back towards Odessa’s home. Today she was a grown woman and Imhotep had a gift fit for a queen. There were still a few things he had managed to keep on the trade boat. He was glad that the slave traders had not taken their personal items. He had jewelry and random items from Egypt that he had brought with him. He wanted to give Odessa a piece of the jewelry as a thank you and congratulation on come of age.

Though he liked her he found himself unable to tell her that or show it much. She was younger than him much younger than him and he was not sure if that was acceptable here. Walking into the home he took a deep breath and was reminded of home. Looking at her he smiled. “You not do for me, I should do for you.” He spoke long legs allowing him to stride close to her. “Your day not mine” He said thick accent making him almost hard to understand. He handed her the basket of herbs. “As asked for.” He gave her a charming smile as he bent slightly to give her a kiss on the cheek that was about as far as he was willing to go.

Image courtesy of I don't know o.o; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.immy-template { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ytable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d59649; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.immy-template b {color:#974700; }
.immy-template p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.immy-template p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.immy-template .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
small bit of pp / 5+

The koftas were nearly done and the smell was irresistible. Odessa had never eaten anything like this before though she had tried both beef and lamb before, and to her both tasted very nice. And of course she had tasted the herbs she had asked for before Imhotep left, and as she attempted to imagine both tastes together, the crackling of the oil and meat startled her. The kebabs were done too, they had been smoked lightly, rather than fried. The book she had gotten them from had been slightly damaged, leaving her to guess some things. But the medic was almost completely sure that it would taste excellent. Immy wouldn't turn it away anyway, even if it tasted bad. He was too polite for that. Taking the koftas off of the pan and splitting them between two wooden plates. The kebabs were next, two sizeable ones each, a selection of both beef and lamb to go along side the four koftas on each plate. Again two beef and two lamb. Odessa stood taking the wooden spear and frying pan, and placing them in a tub for washing, she stood again and moved back to the food. A single pot remained, containing carrot and peas. Odessa knew there wasn't much benefit from these foods, but still it was a nice addition.

Immy entered the den quickly, handing the basket to Odessa. 'Thanks you'. Leaning up to flick her tongue over his cheek, and rested her hand on Immy's shoulder. 'I know. I just thought I'd cook you something nice' she smiled, suddenly feeling shy and glancing back down to the food. Taking the herbs, she grabbed her knife and chopping board, which had been set out earlier and chopped up the herbs before mixing them together and and putting the knife and chopping board in the water tub again. Odessa would have plenty of washing up to do afterwards, but then again it wasn't as if she minded much was it? She sprinkled each of the onto the kebabs and the koftas, leaving the rest to sit in the centre for additional seasoning should either of the want it. Next the Curandera carefully scooped the orange and green mixture from the bottom of the pot and poured them in the spare spot next to the kebabs and koftas, careful not to let them spill onto the floor. As Imhotep sat down, Odessa passed him his dinner and moved to put the pot that had contained the vegetables to the water tub. Afterwards she moved over the the cupboard, taking out a spoon for her and a knife, fork and spoon for Immy, as she didn't know which he would prefer. Placing the wooden objects down between Imhotep and herself she smiled and began to tuck into her own meal. And she was right, Odessa found it amazing to eat, all the herbs melted together. She only hoped Immy enjoyed it because of course she doubted that she'd ever be as good as the natives of Immy's homeland at crafting this meal.

<style type="text/css">
.odessya b {font-weight:bold; color:#3c6680; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b5362; }
.odessya p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.odessya {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#8fadbe; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/o1vEW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 208px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a7382; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.odessya p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.odessya p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
465 WC

Imhotep smiled looking at her. She was really cute when she was pretending to be a home figure. He had never had this kind of kindness from anyone so the feelings he seemed to have been more of adoration. She and he had this weird sort of understanding and respect for one another. He wasn’t sure what it was about the darker woman that made him just want to know her. He looked at her as she moved around the little room. He took in a deep breath as he took in the wonderful scents that surrounded the room.

“It smell good, I still want to do gift for you” Imhotep said his Arabic accent laced his speech as he moved himself towards that table. Imhotep pulled a seat out for her and then moved slowly around the table looking at it. Here it was so different. He never thought to sit at a table he was a servant of his father and he was a lesser being and was to eat on the floor like a lowly dog. He look up at her lightly with his honey gold eyes. He hoped to be able to spend more time with her and learning about his home.

Odessa started to set the table and fill the plates with food and Imhotep looked at the things she had that he had never seen before. The green and orange things made him question her cooking. Was she trying to feed him poison? Sniffing them he looked up at her and gave her a funny look. “What dis?” he questioned as he slid into his seat. He knew what the meat was but the other things were he didn’t know.

He watched as she moved away and came back and Imhotep smiled. He took the fork and picked it up. Though he was not very skilled with it because his father loved to torment him and watch him eat off the floor. He was not destined to lead ever he was destined to be a lowly piece of dirt upon the floor. He looked up at her and began to eat more tasting the vegetables that he had never had before. They were ok he made a bit of a face as he looked up and her and smiled. He tried that traditional meal she had made and really began to enjoy it.

He finished his and sat there waiting for her to finish. He wanted to share a gift with her and hoped that she liked it. “I have a gift for you. Because you put faith in me.” He spoke looking at her. “Its in my bag.” He locked his golden orbs with her pumpkin ones and smiled she would always be a good friend to him.
[html]
OOC comments here.

Odessa frowned slightly, looking down to the vegetables on the plates. 'The orange bits are carrots and the green bits are peas' she said, looking up at him and smiling, 'Don't worry I'm not trying to poison you' the medic slash healer woman reassured gently with a kind smile, resting a hand on his shoulder. As she removed her hand she frowned again 'You don't need to eat with th fork if it's too hard for you'. Table manners weren't a set rule in her home, though if she ever had puppies she'd be sure to teach them how to use cutlery just in case they needed the skill when they flew the nest. Granted she hoped they'd never leave the pack but even so perhaps an outside interaction would call for it.

She shook the thoughts from her head as Imhotep spoke again. A present? What could it be?Odessa was never one to pry, in fact she was one of the most polite people in the world when her cunning side came into play. She lifted the bag up gently and passed it to Immy. 'What is it?' Odessa asked smiling. Wait! I've got something for you!' She rushed off two the other side of the room, lifting the kitten white female kitten from it's home between Saffron and the other two kittens. Juan sat upon the medic's cabinet watching the tiny kitten. 'Here...' she said passing it to Immy, while she cleared the table.

Word Count: 000
table by raze, template by revo. <3
<style type="text/css">
.SecodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/s7TRm.png') #cfeafb no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.SecodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:georgia;}
.SecodesInput {padding:10px; margin:5px; border:1px dashed #000; background:#fff; color:#5d513c; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.SecodesInput b {color:#f5d909; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.SecodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:georgia;}
.SecodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#f5d909; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>
[/html]
http://bazaarinegypt.com/catalog/images/GKEY0001.gif <-- Pendant
494 WC

Imhotep smiled as she smiled he knew she would never do anything to harm her and that was because he trusted her. He had no choice but to allow his life to be in her hands and have total faith in the dark furred wolf. He was not looking to make her feel bad. He smiled. “No I eat like this” He spoke continuing to use the utensil. He didn’t want to tell her about his past anymore then he had. She knew little and that was how he wanted to keep it mainly for his sake and not hers.

He smiled as she handed him his bag. He had only begun to hunt for the item when he was startled by Odessa saying wait. He waited no longer searching through his bag. The woman vanished for a moment from his sight. He wondered what she was doing. She didn’t have to give him anything she had made him food and given him shelter getting any more from her was like stealing in his mind. But she came back with one of the kittens that her slave had been caring for and Imhotep raised an eye brow. What would he do with the white ball of fluff.

“thank you” he spoke looking at the thing as she began to clean up. He wished she would stop moving for a moment but he was in shock. She had just zipped around like a crazy woman. Throwing a kitten at him and then cleaning up. Today was a day not meant for her to do all the things. He reached out looking at her “No stop” He spoke his tone sort of out of line he was below her. He knew this but he also knew that if no one put their foot down then she would continue to run around like a crazy head.
“I have gift you sit I clean” he spoke flashing her a smile. He had almost now forgotten the Kitten. He grabbed his bag and sorted through it again. As he heard the kitten mew a little. He glanced at it then looked back at Odessa. He pulled out a box and smiled and looked at her. “I brought from home. Very pretty.” He spoke as he moved to open the dirty box that had a lot of wear and tear on it.

He pulled out the gold chain and smiled. “Its Ankh means eternal life same as here and here.” He spoke pointing to each of his shoulders. He looked at her and smiled. He opened the clasp to the chain and stood moving to place it around her next. “I want you to have because you take care make sure I do good” He said he moved back to look at her. He would finish the cleaning and allow her to rest. “I finish you relax.” He spoke as he looked at the kitten. “I name after I clean.”
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: sorry this took forever <3

Odessa frowned as he refused to stop using the utensils, even if he struggled. She hated to see him do so. 'Are you sure? I mean I don't mind or anything, it's just... Never mind' the gardener medic said, finishing her musings with a smile. The sudden, out of tone, out of rank demand that Imhotep made surprised her. Had she been a fiercer person she would have reminded him of his rank and of hers, but instead she sat down shakily and took the kitten to her lap as Immy stood. 'I'm sorry. I don't mind it, really'. To her, doing this was merely her duty as a woman, cleaning, cooking and later on child-rearing were her duties.

Taking a deep gaze at the trinket Odessa found herself unable to smile, 'It's... Beautiful' she said in awe, almost silently. Glancing around to the Arab man, she pulled her hair away from him. 'Immy... You really didn't need to...' she said shyly. 'Thank you' Odessa whispered, turning around and flicking her tongue over his snout, before glancing away shyly and sitting down again. She shuffled restlessly in her seat, unable to sit and watch someone else clean, a task that was usually hers to fulfil as a woman.

<style type="text/css">
.mardessa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffe7d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#50595d 1px 1px 2px;}
.mardessa p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.mardessa p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.mardessa .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffe7d8; text-shadow:#50595d 1px 1px 2px;}
.mardessa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.mardessa {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#9b8d88; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KF770.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#5f5853; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Imhotep knew by now that being assertive and dominant towards members who held rank over him was bad. He just hoped that Odessa would not throw him to the wolves. He was only doing it because he wanted to thank her for all that she had done. The two acted like two teenagers in love but the fact was that Imhotep knew not of love nor did he want to say that he loved this young woman.

cleaning up he smiled. For some reason doing this set him at ease like he was back home under the rule of his father. Though the man would have been beaten for doing a bad or half assed job. Imhotep hoped that what he did for odessa would please her. For he wanted her adoration. Her trust and kindness.

"I know but you do so much give me home. Take me in teach me good." He spoke as she stood up and licked him. He blushed bright red and looked at her. God did she have to make him feel like a man. He had years of training that had kept him from acting out or showing excitement in front of women. He had to focus hard when she acted like this. "What to name my fuzz ball." He thought aloud.
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Odessa frowned softly, unsure of what to make of the warm, fuzzy feeling in her stomach when she saw Imhotep. She hadn't really grasped the concept of the more carnal version of love. In fact her definition of love only stretched as far as to include the fairytale qualities of it. Of course, she didn't believe in the princess and knight half of it, she understood the term as a simile, but to her it was made up rubbish. So, as noted before, the tingling sensation went on questioned as she looked up at her 'friend' and blushed fiercely, the rosy colour almost showing through the gentle grey of he cheeks. Odessa shifted in her seat as she watched Imhotep clean up, 'You know, you can just leave that. I mean, if you want. Novak can deal with it later'.

The medic paused and smiled innocently, 'We can just sit and talk for a while if you like' she offered, fiddling gently with the ankh pendant Imhotep had just gifted her. Odessa began to muse aloud, 'It's hard to believe really. Already a year old... Think about it, this time last year I was in my mother's arm with an order to have me culled flying around'. She sighed solemnly, 'I'm glad I'm here in Salsola now though' she added, 'And I'm glad you are too'.

<style type="text/css">
.razeodessa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#99695c 1px 1px 1px;}
.razeodessa p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.razeodessa {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#da8e80; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/2vbk9ec.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; border-radius:10px; padding: 360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#986359; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.razeodessa .wordcount {color:#986359; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #ffffff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.razeodessa .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]