Fashionista
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Terra's ears twitched slightly, embarrassed by the dauphin's compliment. Here she was, playing dress up with the beta of the pack. It was a little surreal for her. She ducked her head in acknowledgement of his applause, spinning around again in the small space. Eagerly she turned to face him, ears trained on his every word. Terra's tail dropped a little as he said she wouldn't be wearing a shirt. Terra wondered if it really would be that uncomfortable, but she was unsure, having never worn one. Trusting his judgement Terra shed the dress, holding it carefully for Strel to take back.

Another thing of clothes that Terra had never heard of was mentioned, and Terra cocked her head curiously. A short piece of fabric that looked like someone had just sewed it in a circle was pulled out. Alright, it was prettier than that, but Terra couldn't quite wrap her mind about that being the same as the other clothes she'd seen. Terra smiled at the sight, snatching it greedily. She held it up in the air, trying to figure out how it was supposed to go on. Draping it over her ears Terra shook her head. That wasn't right. She pulled it down so that it fit around her shoulders, but that didn't work either. Pulling the skirt off she looked at Strel quizzically. How do I wear it?

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.freeleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.freeleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.freeleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.freeleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[html]

Terra removed the short purple dress and the Dauphin took it from her hands. It was still slightly warm beneath his fingertips, and he slowly slunk it over its hanger and set it back in place. He ran his hand over the line of dresses and marveled at the varying texture under his palms. Lavender eyes glanced back at the young woman as she bumbled her way through another unknown clothing object. Strel laughed to see the skirt on her head and then her shoulders. Both times she shook her head and then took it off in her confusion. It was truly amusing to see her struggle through this, like figuring out a new toy without a manual. He was not sure she would much care for the clothes in the long run, but he sure was enjoying himself now.

"Oh, lord, Terra," he muttered lightly, his tone easy and his features plastered with a smile depicting his bemusement at her antics. "You wear it around your hips. It's like a dress but without the top part." He gestured with his hands at his waist, tapping his hips lightly to demonstrate where it should sit. "It should sit comfortably under your tail or over it, however you want it." He never wore skirts, for obvious reasons, though understood the science behind them plenty well. "You really never wore clothing at all?" inquired the tailor, giving the woman a questioning look.

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Terra brightened at his explanation, and slipped the skirt on. Her tail remained above it, wagging freely. It almost felt like there was nothing there, and Terra glanced in the mirror to be sure. Yes, there it was sitting on her hips as easily as anything she could imagine. The bright colors were quite nice, and Terra gave a little spin, the cloth flaring out just like the dress had. Smiling she looked at her beta, hearing his question. Had she ever worn them before?

For her the answer was obvious, and she opened her mouth to point out that she hadn't had a chance to wear clothes as she realized she'd never told anyone. The only one who knew about her past was Soran, and she had turned away from Terra. As far as anyone else was concerned she was a wild hybrid who was completely ignorant about everything. Shocked by this realization Terra shook her head. I didn't even know I was a luperci until I came here after I shifted. I've been just trying to keep up, figure everything out. Everything was so much confusion to her, so much to learn. The skirt was nice though, as Terra glanced at herself in the mirror again.

<style type="text/css">
.freeleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.freeleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[html]

Once she understood what it was and how to wear it, she slipped it on with a quickness. She spun around in the mirror and the Dauphin could see the happiness in her eyes. She seemed surprised at it and it sat on her waist better than anything she had yet tried on. Nodding his head in approval, the redhead put all his money on the skirt. The young woman had to like it, especially considering that she smiled more broadly at it than she had anything else so far.

Ah! It was the first time that he had stumped the young woman. Smiling, rather serenely, Strel waited for the woman to figure out what she needed to say. When she did, he gave her a surprised look. "You had no idea?" His own pack had been traditional and Strel had found himself hating that fact. He had shifted on his own for the first time and he had learned that almost everyone in the pack was like that. When he asked his parents about it, they told him never to do it again, or at least in the presence of anyone outside the family. He had been rough at first when he had run away from his pack, but he had learned quickly and with enthusiasm. He had drank in the knowledge others had given him along the way to Toronto as well as people in the city. "Didn't you feel the need to change when you were a pup?"

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Terra grinned at the look of shock on his face. Strel, so upstanding and used to his stable world, looked shocked senseless. She drank in the moment, letting it fill her. Terra was so used to being the one on the receiving end of surprise that she took every moment like this she could. It was the only way Terra ever felt balanced in this world. Nope. Born among normal plain old coyotes. Father was a luperci I'm pretty sure. Only way to explain me being this way with no one else like it. That was the only thing she'd clung on to during her time of traveling alone, not knowing if she was unique or not.

Brightly Terra shrugged her shoulders, tugging slightly on the skirt as she looked around. Discussing it was difficult for her. She was trying to move on, leave her past behind. Not talking about it and letting it fade was the best for that. That wasn't to say she didn't still hold it inside her, Terra simply refused to let it control her. Terra was a trickster because of how she'd been raised, but she'd always held the option of forsaking that and embracing her wolf heritage. Terra had chosen to be how she was. Meeting the beta's eyes Terra smiled slightly. I shifted when I was six months, and a couple times between while I traveled, but I had no one to teach me how to use the other forms. I wanted to survive, and had the best chance with the form I understood the most.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[html]

"Hmm, well your mother could have too. Well, actually, both your parents were." The redhead knew that there were never any children with a single parent with the curse. It was transmitted through sexual acts, which he had learned in Toronto and vaguely understood in Michigan. "Both parents, actually. Can't have a pup like you and not be one yourself. Both my parents were. My father wasn't before he met my mother." Strel's father had been born normal, traditional, though his mother gave him the virus that changed him. He had resented that fact and that Strel seemed so willing to use the curse. For his father, shifting was uncomfortable and at times painful, and with his children it was flawless. How could he not resent that?

"I don't know about the rest of my pack. We couldn't shift in public sight so I don't know who was and wasn't one of us. My family was, and I'm almost positive that my alpha was, too. He seemed quite hateful of it, though. Maybe he wasn't." There were laws in that pack that Strel refused to follow, to believe in. He left and never looked back. Once, after he had settled, he had left, hoping to find his brothers looking for him. They did not and he returned. After that, he never left. Now he was here and this was his home.

Strel nodded at her, noting her small smile. "Survival comes first." He patted her gently on the shoulder and returned her smile. "But now, survival is easier here, so you can learn more about them and enjoy what they offer."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: Dang it, made me check the guide. I think there's a chance her mother would remain normal. After all, several of Terra's siblings were, and that's what killed them.

Terra shook her head at his words. She would have known if her mother held such power. To hold such a gift and not use it was the only crime the coyotes had held. Every advantage was to be used, everything examined and played with, always pushing things further. It was how they survived, discovering better cleverer ways to exist. If her mother had refused to shift, staying normal, she would have been an outcast in her pack, mocked for turning away from their way of life. If she had used her gift, well, it would have been too difficult to hide that, especially from a pup that always got into more than her share of trouble, getting into situations where such abilities would have been useful for rescuing her.

Her tail wagged as Strel confirmed she'd made the right choice. Being so young when on her own had been hard. Terra had stretched what she knew to her limits, forced to invent new tricks that she wouldn't have held otherwise. It had let her survive, though often injuries made her think she wouldn't. It was only speed and luck that had kept them from being deep enough to scar. Of course! I'll learn everything, and you'll be coming to me for advice on luperci stuff! Terra grinned, knowing that such a thing would never really happen. Strel had years on her, and was born with the knowledge Terra didn't even know how to approach. It was a silly dream, but one that made her laugh as she skipped back to the mirror, looking at herself in the skirt again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[html]
Her brothers, if they were litter mates could NOT be normal. Check Luperci Verto. Any act of sexual intercourse, or exchange of larger amounts of fluid, such as semen, will cause the virus to spread. Ergo, her mother has to be one, as do all her siblings.

The redhead gave a surprised look at her outburst, then laughed loudly at the declaration. Better than him on this stuff? He doubted that was possible. But he had come into the knowledge around her age, hadn't he? Perhaps she would gain more knowledge about the topic than he had even known. But he doubted that, because he would keep gaining it. He was approaching five years and he knew that wisdom came with age. Unfortunately, grey fur and weakening flesh was another part of that process too and the redhead was not looking forward to it. Getting old and crotchety was not on his to-do list. He did not fear mortality, for who could stop the reaper? Strel simply went with it all and ignored it. Having a lack of a religion to fall back on meant he had to avoid or simply be alright with the inevitable. No point in worrying about it now.

Terra looked at herself in the mirror, and the redhead grinned. His look was as though of a serene caretaker keeping an eye on someone he had taken care of. In a way, hadn't he? He had brought her into the pack (sort of), and now was show her clothing. It was like teaching a child things even though she was an adult in her own right. "You should take the skirt. It suits you." It was an easy enough thing to do, giving things away. That was why most were made, either for trade or for giving away as gifts. This would be a gift to the young woman, especially since she seemed to like it so.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 :: not littermates. Bodies rejected and fought the virus, killing them before they were born. Guess I have to kill her mother too now. How about having her adopted by her aunt, and she left before she was informed about that?

Terra tossed her head at his laughter, pretending to be haughty. She would learn it alright, and be the best! Well, Terra actually had no interest in clothes. It had been something to get the attention off the silly antic she'd been up to and move onto something less likely to embarrass her. Granted, she'd still ended up embarrassed, but it was less than explaining that she'd been playing pretend in the beta's room with a scrap of red fabric. That was way too silly even for this light hearted pack, at least in Terra's mind.

His words startled her from her thoughts though, returning her from the realm of lies that Terra held within her mind. Strel's offer was rather generous in Terra's mind. Sure he had plenty, but this was something special, something that Terra had never considered. If she didn't wear it often, it might offend him, something to avoid with the dauphin. He had been the one to accept her into the pack after all, even if he hadn't been the one to discover her. It was rather pretty as well, and it would be a shame if she broke it during one of her rougher games. Looking over her shoulder she glanced at him shyly. Would that really be alright?

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[html]
I dunno if that's possible, though. I've never really heard of anyone have siblings who fought the virus since it's nonlethal despite the modifications it makes. Though, I suppose it's more possible for pups to die in the womb but not for a full grown adult to die to the virus since it just doesn't kill canines.

"I don't see why not. I wouldn't wear it." Strel chuckled lightly at the young woman, arms crossing over his chest after he had pulled up his shirt sleeves to the elbows. He was not one to deny someone something they actually looked nice, especially if they had no idea that it was the case. He sighed at the thought that this replaced his doting on children. He wouldn't have any, and he was perfectly okay with that. The time spent with the three children of his mate's sister was more than enough for him to fill a lifetime. Whatever desire he could have had to have offspring faded fast after that ruckus. Though, some part of him, probably the instinctual part, that wanted children of his own. Oh, well. Strel shrugged off the thought and buried it as deep as he could force it, out of sight and out of mind.

Clearing his throat with a light growl, the man tapped the shelves and sent Terra a coy grin. "Now, what else did you need? We can keep pretending that you weren't messing around with that cloth earlier." Chuckling again, the man lightly fiddled with the clothing nearest to him. She probably thought he had forgotten all about that. No, Strel was astute whenever he was sober, mind ticking along fast as could be. He was rather careful to notice things, namely because of what he had learned in Toronto; one had to notice everything or else die a painful death to someone's jealous hands or for a misunderstanding of a ridiculous nature. People just thought he was too self-absorbed to notice everything else.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Reassured Terra looked in the mirror again, grinning softly. Hers. This scrap of cloth, this colorful skirt, now belonged to Terra. It wasn't the first item she'd claimed for herself, the pair of glistening daggers in her room a testament to that. This was the first item that didn't have any practicality to it, something simply taken for herself simply because it was pretty. The idea was odd, having something simply because. Terra did lots of things for fun, but lots of training and testing were hidden inside them, pushing her to develop her talents farther. The only games that didn't help her were the ones she designed to teach the pups she watched.

Hearing Strel's words Terra's ears briefly flattened, before she turned, shining with false confidence. Whatever are you talking about? It fell on me, remember? Prancing across the floor Terra glanced out the closet to the window. My my, look how high the sun has risen. Care for something to eat? Terra didn't need anything. She'd just been too lazy to leave the boundaries to look for fun. She supposed this was her payment for choosing to do something so foolish.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[html]

Feigning seriousness, the Dauphin nodded with a slight pouting of his lips. His eyes remained glittery with amusement, though he decided to let the whole thing slip. Terra was not going to admit she was playing with his things and in his private rooms. She was just going to keep avoiding the subject and saying things to the contrary. "Of course," he said in an attempt conciliate with her. He was sure she would not change her story on the matter, so he was forced to go along with it for the sake of their relationship. However, he could have easily ordered her to tell the truth or face punishment. But he was hardly the punishing type. Few really deserved punishment, after all.

Terra ran to the window in the skirt, so perhaps she had decided to accept his offer of it. A meal? That would be nice if the man had not promised someone else some of his time. In fact, Terra had better clear out before that certain someone and the Dauphin appeared to be entertaining quite a different person. Granted, the entertainment was going to be of significant difference, though Terra had no need to know that. Strel lightly shook his head and gave the young woman a shrug. "Hungry as I am, I'm afraid I've got a prior engagement to attend." However, he gave Terra an encouraging smile. "Feel free to hop away and we will keep pretending you weren't playing with my cloth."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Terra

Word Count → 000 ::

Terra relaxed as he didn't press the matter. If he had given the slightest show of interest in the truth Terra would have spilled it out. She wasn't one to keep secrets from her leaders. Well, there was one secret, but telling that one would do more damage than keeping it to herself. After all, Terra was a trickster, and she couldn't change that. It would be going against her own heart and soul. It was better to just keep quiet about her little antics outside the pack so she could keep her place in the pack she loved.

He really didn't seem to be letting it go though, and Terra's ears drooped with embarrassment. Actually... Terra took a deep breath before speaking. He had a prior engagement, so he couldn't stop her after all. IwaspretendingtobeFoxwearingtheredcloththanksfortheskirthaveagoodeveningbye! Terra rushed out the door, not waiting to see if Strel had understood her words or not. That was embarrassing. She wished that she hadn't said anything now. Scooting up to her room Terra burrowed into the mattress, closing her eyes.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[html]

She finally revealed to him what she was doing, namely because he was going to prod her and joke until she did. Her embarrassment was almost tangible and he suppressed mild laughter to shield her from further embarrassment and humiliation. Though, honestly, it was hardly humiliating and was more of a good laugh for the Dauphin. Terra suddenly simply said everything all at once. Her words jumbled together into a single stream of speaking and noise. Strel blinked slightly as she rushed out the door, and his lavender eyes followed her form out the door. He did not move to follow her, though. Simply, he stood there in his closet holding a sleeve in his hands absently as he tried to figure out what on earth she had said. It all clicked together in his brain, and the redhead suddenly started laughing. He was still chuckling rather loudly as he left the closet room and shut the door behind him.

Noss stood in the doorway, holding a bowl of skinned and boneless meat. His confusion was evident and the redhead continued to laugh even as he approached his mate. Pulling the tall warrior into the room, the Dauphin shut the door, even as he glanced down the hall just to see if Terra was hiding somewhere. Fully amused, Strel took a piece of meat from the man's bowl and chewed on it as the other man asked, "What in the moon's name are you laughing about?" Strel merely shook his head and drew the man to the bed where they could eat, talk, and amuse themselves, in comfort.

<style>
</style>
[/html]