Osprey/Wolf communication question
Okay, so I'm going to have Savina get an osprey friend/companion/whatever and was wondering about them communicating. The osprey would speak a kind of high-speech, correct? Just not wolf high-speech. Would an osprey be able to learn any wolf high-speech, or would it be solely on Savina to learn osprey high-speech? I figure this is the case, but wanted an official opinion since these things tend to be a bit confusing XD
I do believe it is possible for just the Osprey to learn wolf high-speech (basing this off the fact that Ezekiel's crow speaks wolf high-speech) but obviously Savina would learn some Osprey high-speech in the process.
Ospreys, as hawks, are listed under the group of species that "communicate in low speech, [but] can learn to speak BROKEN high speech." So the osprey would be able to pick up some of wolf high speech, but it would probably be garbled and difficult to understand, especially since their vocals are rather different, in addition to needing to learn the more complex language. Savnia would also be able to pick up some of the osprey's low speech, though vocal difference will probably also be a hindrance here. You would also have the option of having them communicate nonverbally through gestures or something similar. The osprey would certainly be intelligent enough to pick up on and learn that.
An osprey is a member of the order Falconiformes, I believe, and a quick look online tells me the same so I'm going to go off that. xD According the the speech guide, these birds can learn broken high speech but speak primarily in low speech. So I think that the bird could learn some broken high speech and communicate with Savi that way, but it would probably be better if she learned the low speech associated with them. c:

Hopefully that helps!

e; DARNIT ;~;
Sweet! Thanks for the info guys ^^