Non, je ne regrette rien
[html]
ooc

I guess I'll bleed in silence

It had been nearly a month since his talk with Tayui. Lubomir's wounds still hurt and his arm, where SteelRose had hit him, was stiff and painful. But he'd hidden long enough. After the meeting in the bookshop, Lubomir had withdrawn pack to the packland, to brood over what had happened. He needed to rethink his promise and he needed to see Ember. Once again, he had hidden from her, scared to admit to his weakness. He had simply acted as if she was fine without him, fearing she would shun him when she saw his wounds and heard his tales. He'd also stayed away from Mew. By now, he didn't even think she remembered him, let alone his word. But what if she did? For days, Lubomir had hid away in his den, trembling at the slightest sound. He could be called to arms any day. He would die for a pack that was not his.

This day brought sun, a break in the clouds for the first time in weeks and Lubomir cautiously stepped out of his den. Resolve had hardened his features. He would find Ember and tell her about his promise. He would go to Mew and explain. He stretched, wincing at his wounds groaned in disapproval. And then slowly made his way towards Labyrinth Glen. Hours later, distressed and close to tears, Lubomir made his way into Dahlia de Mai territory. He needed to know. The pack was not there, Ember was not there and for a moment he felt like shifting and charging, on four paws, into Inferni territory, to get revenge for Ember. But no, he could get killed and then his pack would never know of his fate.

Dahlia had not changed much since he'd walked Mew back to her den. Lubomir could not believe that she had disappeared like that. Ember, his beautiful little Ember. Gone. He clutched a tree trunk and allowed himself a whimper. Where was Mew? Anyone? He didn't care if the Alpha pair came and beat him up, that would not come up even close to the pain he felt at the thought of losing her. That trunk was the only stable thing in his world now. He clutched and clutched and wished for dear sweet life that Mew would come.

[/html]
Firefly had climbed the tree hours before and taken a nap in the crock, the sudden sniffles and snivels from below made her growl and snarl softly as she switched her gaze down below to stare at the male below. She groaned as she shifted and stretched, rolling her eyes at the interruption in her nap. She cast her eyes down once more and spoke up suddenly. "Go find another tree to cry on, this one's occupied." Seriously she thought,what the hell was happening to men these days.

She sat perched there staring at the large frame below, knowing she shouldn't be so grouchy, but she was tired of having to deal with her sibling and try and hide it from the pack as well. Soon enough she knew that Ember would break and tell someone and then she'd be in a hell of a mess, though she had run away from these lands so long ago.. who knew, she probably couldn't even remember her siblings.. except of course Snotty little Ember would make certain that everyone knew she'd known exactly who her own sister was. She growled angerly at the thought, wondering if she'd have to beat the girl into submission to keep her from causing trouble. The hell with rank, she knew she was better than her sissy sibling.
[html]
Oh god. A week?! I'm so so sorry! DDD:

Lubomir nearly jumped out of his skin when the disembodied voice told him to just go away. As it was, he stumbled backwards, looking left and right in horror, only to realise that perhaps someone was already in the tree. Looking up, he saw perhaps the most stunning female he'd ever laid eyes on in his life. She was... amazing. There was no other way of putting it. So graceful and beautiful, so composed and far off. And she had... Lubomir felt his throating tightening painfully and his eyes grew teary again. She had the same emerald shade of green that Ember did. The male quickly rubbed his eyes and coughed, trying to regain himself. To avoid staring into her eyes, he looked at the branch she was on instead. That felt like a better point to focus on. 'I am sorry, my lady, but I have suffered great sorrow today. I think I may have lost the dearest person to me.'

Clumsily, he bowed to her and approached the tree. 'My name is Lubomir. I once visited these lands and met Mew, who had suffered her own terrible loss. I have come to seek her again, for she is my friend and perhaps the only person who may understand me in this time of great pain. Please accept my apologies, my lady.' Lubomir knew he had to find Mew. He had been enough of an embarrassment around this beauty. However, he needed to see, one more time. He dared a glance again at her face, her chiselled features and her eyes. Those eyes, that had once been Ember's. Not once did it strike him as odd that they shared the colour. To him, perhaps most wolves here had those eyes.

[/html]
She sat there patiently as she waited for the stunned male to finally get a few senses gathered about him before she rolled her eyes and sighed. She really had no clue why in the world she was even sitting here waiting for him to decide who exactly had spoken up. Firefly figured she should have just leapt down and walked away by now, but she'd never seen a grown man cry and the whole situation was amusing to say the lease, even if she was disgusted as well. Closing her emerald eyes while he spoke she wondered briefly what that small glimmer of sadness and shock had been about when he'd finally realized who was speaking, but in the end she really didn't care what it had been.

She stretched out as he wove his sad lonely tale of a dearest lost and needing the comforts of a friend while she showed that there was little interest in his lovely woe by the sudden explosion of a yawn that cracked her jaw as she showed her brilliant pink tongue. Snapping her maw shut again she turned her gaze back to him as a sudden idea sparked in her mind. Tragic.. just tragic, right out of some fairytale.. " Her eyes shone with mischief as she taunted him. "..Are you waiting for life to call into place again and deliver you a happy ending?" She arched her back and stretched out once more before leaping down to join the male on the ground, landing softly on her hindlegs then straightened and looked the greyscale male up and down as she made a small circle around him.

Leaning forward with her hip jutted away from the male she sat one arm on her thigh and the other softly drapped on his shoulder as she spoke softly, almost seductively. "Sorry son, Fairytales don't come true and your dearest has probably found a new price..." she didn't even really care who it was he lost, but she knew exactly who he was looking for and she could help him atleast with that point. Taking her arm away from his shoulder she leaned against the tree and let her hooded eyes settle on him lazily. "Mew though, she's still around.. I'm not sure what she'd think of seeing a strapping brute like you sniveling and crying though..." The bronze and ivory woman really was a gentle and kind soul, atleast she could be. When others let their weaknesses take hold of them and rule their world, then she was like the nightmare come true, until they turned tail and ran back to their dreams or faced the reality and grew a damn backbone. Some part of her mind wondered what the hell this soul would do.
[html]
Lubomir is so not acting like I thought he would O_O

She was scorning him. Rolling her eyes at him like that, treating him as if his little problems mattered very little. Lubomir felt slightly pushed out of the way, as if he were a speck of dust on her perfect coat, a coat she could not ruin. To yawn at him like that, to simply lose interest... it gave perspective to his own whimpering. He was a coward to her. A weakling. Someone worth patronising and leaving when tired with. He wondered if Mew or Ember had ever thought of him like that. He could feel his chest constricting. This was not how he had intended to be remembered by them.

Her touch was electricity on his fur. It sent shivers up and down his spine. And with mounting horror he realised that this beautiful female was arousing his monster, she was waking him up and making him stretch, letting power seep back into his bones. She was like some enchantress, from the fairytales she spoke of, mesmerising him and drawing his attention away from the real problems. The monster sneered and Lubomir felt himself lose control over his mind, the creature drawing ever closer to control over the physical aspect. The voice which spoke next was not his own. It was lower, like a growl, its voice. 'There is no happy ending in this time and place. Not any more, lady.' It was really the loss of touch which elicited one small growl from the creature, as Lubomir desperately tried to regain control of himself.

'I may have come across as a weakling. I assure you, beautiful one, I am not. I have come from Labyrinth Glen lands, where the pack is no more. I wept, for I have lost a good friend. Ember Phoenix. She was a kind a gentle soul, perhaps now dead on Inferni borders. As for Mew's opinion... while I value it, I can only say that. She is a friend, nothing more. I doubt I interest her that way.' The monster moved closer and Lubomir tried to howl, trapped in the darkness of his own mind. She was stunning, she had Ember's eyes, and the thing was making him sounds like a pathetic whiny pup. To the creature, she was within reach and sure enough, it leaned towards her, as if to catch a whiff of her scent. 'Fair one, you still have said nothing of your name.' Lubomir knew that this thing was part himself. It was shocking to see just how much it could imitate him, in gestures, speech and will. But it was still a monster, to the cold rationality of the grey wolf.

[/html]
She sighed softly with impatience as he just sat there and took the taunting and mental abuse she was dishing out, normally anyone else would have turned tail and ran or blown up. Her stunning emerald eyes flashed, showing the amusement that she felt at making the male so small and pathedic in her eyes. She had once been innocent and a happy little fae, laughing and carrying on but the path she'd been chosen to walk was a dangerous one and there was a dark shadow on her soul now, but she didn't care this was the life she was suppose to lead and the path she was to walk. Flashing one final grin she tossed her hair back from her face and laughed softly, waiting for the male to make his move, knowing sooner or later he would have to be made a man or be broken into a boy.

Suddenly it seemed that the weakling before her might be growing into something a little more interesting, a little more towards her tastes. She ran her tongue across her fangs as that voice took over, replacing the childish whimpers and moans she'd been forced to listen to previously. She laughed a soft tantalizing sound at the words he'd spoken, so true and so dangerous as well. She grinned as she agreed, "Finally making some sense." she walked around him, her tail curling across his skin as she passed, Her voice back to it's mocking taunt again. "Did some little girl break your heart and leave you so sad and pitiful.." she asked as she shook her head and made soft tutting sounds. He should have been so ashamed of his behaviour, though the danger that came into his voice with the threatening growl was more her style.

Suddenly the weakling had returned it seemed and with it was the annoyance of the dearest he searched for was none other than her spoiled brat of a princess sibling. She laughed out loud as he went on in his mourning for the lady lost as she finished her cycle around him and stood before him once more, her dark and dangerous beauty that she knew how to use and abuse. Her hooded eyes cast on the male as she smiled a wicked smile, ready to break his heart all over again. "Oh, Ember, that's the one you're looking for. Phhft." she rolled her eyes and admitted the truth to the sniveling sob before her. "That worthless bitch is still alive, you can save your sobbin'.." She stood before him and just shook her head at the sight she saw, she couldn't believe this male was getting so worked up over her bratty little snob of a sister. Really, the boy needed to grow a spine and get a real woman instead of playing with the babies. "Soo.. there's no interest in Mew, but obviously you long for the youth of a meer child?" Raising her hands in the air as a sign of surrender she laughed. "However you get your thing on.. that's up to you.. If a meer girl is what you want on your member.. be my guest." She grinned, the dark shadow crossing her path as she used her own sister to her wants and whimes to torment the male with words.

Suddenly it seemed the darker flare seemed to take over the male again as he leaned towards her as she turned her back to him, the sudden intake of his breath and the voice that followed made sent chills down her back as she turned and grinned back at the male. "Of course not, why would you be interested in such a simple thing as a name.. Does it really make that much difference what you call me..." Her fangs slightly bared as she smiled at the beast before finally giving in and giving him what he wanted, hoping the darker side of the male would stay out and play, the whimp was so dull and pathedic. "Firefly...if it's that important." she said with that wicked grin.
[/html]

[html]

OOC: My brain has departed. I am sleep deprived. This is no excuse. Marking this M. Umm....yeah

The little bitch thought he was some toy to her. Oh, how droll. This was not Lubomir, this was a wolf who had seen things much more than he cared to acknowledge. He had seen violence and destruction and blood and just because the rational, calm dreamer chose to ignore that such evils happened in the world did not mean that he had to as well. Her words fell on deaf ears. So Ember was alive. Oh joy. This would keep the grey wolf quite for a while. The other thought he heard the growls of a fight in the back of his mind, Lubomir fighting against chains he could not break, fetters he had himself created. A wolf so in love with his desire for knowledge and rationality that he ignored all but the most basic instincts. Lubomir had been quiet, contemplative, a wondrous child who preferred stories to fights, who relied on his sister to protect him. This other had saved his life. And the female spoke of love for a youth? You jest, my beauty. I do not love Ember or Mew. They are both of interest to me, but I do not love them. Her next assumption flared his anger and he roughly leaned against the tree in front of her, so close to her neck he could sink his fangs into it. The little tease. You also make wrong assumptions. I have no desire to have them on my member, as you so crudely put it. If I wanted anyone, they would have to know how to get me interested.

Lubomir had stopped fighting. In his mind, in the darkness of his own labyrinth he fought, throwing himself against the walls of his own sanity, threatening to bring them down. Except they held, as if they were made of concrete and he could only watch in horror as the monster moved closer to this female, this Firefly, until his body hovered merely inches from hers. Firefly. I am Belial. Now tell me why you would greet me so eagerly after scorning me. Am I of interest to you? His hand moved up to the nape of her neck, claws digging lightly into the soft fur, almost tugging, his tongue licking his muzzle in anticipation. To have her, what exquisite pleasure. One Lubomir had been denying him far too long.

[/html]
Firefly thought the male was playing some game, but as the words began to draw from the male and the sudden change overcame him she realized that it was just another torn soul. She'd seen more than one of them in these lands and in the old world that the change that took over didn't scare her like it should. She was not what she lead the world on to believe, only one here had seen the darker side of her. The rest had been her play bits, a tease and a taunt just to wind down her day. She knew she couldn't go across the days as the wild child that resided behind those emerald eyes.

Those orbs watched the male coolly as that voice kicked in, explaining his reasons, moving in closer as the hot breath seemed to trickle across her neck as he leaned in closer. The rough bark pressed against her back as she turned her head up, her chin lifted in confidence as that haunting voice growled so close. Her bold words sitting between them as she asked. "And how do they do that?"

Closed the beast seemed to draw to her, she knew she should be afraid of what was before her, but in some strange manner she was collected. She wasn't really afraid of death and if that's what he was here to give her then so be it, but within moment it seemed that death wasn't to be her treat tonight. She almost wanted to roll her eyes with his words as he suddenly seemed to show where his interests lay. "Life's a game.. why shouldn't I.." she asked with no emotion, yet she knew that she wasn't out of danger as his claws drug through the fur along her neck. Lowering her head for a moment as she felt his hand move closer and closer to her throat. After mere seconds she snapped her head back up, the trailing answer finished. ".. Why shouldn't I play the role life deals me.." She knew the role life had dealt her, it was whatever she wanted it to be, and at the moment she was an actress on a stage and this soul wasn't worth seeing the lady through the dark mirror.