life collecting dust
[html]

sswm 253

Once again the golden boy found himself sitting at the borders of Cour des Miracles… But today he looked like a dog chained up to its house, not a prince at the edge of his father’s domain. Ginger ears were low, green eyes despondent, his tail still as it rested beside his paws. After venturing into the forest and needing to be rescued from a wild animal, an angry bobcat, he had been properly chastised and knew better than to venture out anymore.

Skoll pouted. He was still bigger than his siblings, and he still had the blood of the King flowing through his veins. Though he didn’t want to admit that his brush with the formidable feline had shaken him up a little, he was adamant that it didn’t matter. But still he sat, obedient, not considering crossing the invisible scent-marked line. Besides, his nose still hurt.

Flicking his tongue over the wound set in wet black leather, he turned his head and surveyed the area. Maybe he would head back and find Terra or Robin or one of his siblings and go exploring somewhere safer than the vast unknown outside of the Court lands. Or maybe he could try to help out more. He was young yet, but he’d grown enough to be able to do some minor tasks so long as they didn’t require great strength or attention or hands.

With a sigh, the puppy abandoned his dejected vigil, rising onto all four oversized paws and turning toward his home.

Image courtesy of blmiers@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.skolltab .padded {width:283px;height:156px; float:right; background-image:url(http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1332/skolltab.jpg); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.skolltab .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.skolltab p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.skolltab b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.skolltab {background-color:#ffc057; border:1px solid #FFFB99; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ad772f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:90%; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Frijole);</style>Jiva Takekuro
Word Count :: 357
OOC: Lol so hard to remember that this little guy is Jiva's uncle Tongue

Jiva was still at the borders, thinking of his encounter with the stranger Terra, but he wasn’t sure if he should enter, if he should come back to where he had once called home. He wasn’t sure what all had changed, he remembered that when he left Ayita had been pregnant.... she must have had the pups by now.... he couldn’t remember. He had not seen his grandfather or grandmother. His thoughts moved as he padded around the cour des miracle’s borders, trying to decide if he should howl or not. The young man was capable of so many things, and yet... he couldn’t make a simple decision about visiting a pack. His mind was at war, telling himself he wouldn’t have to stay there, but his other side was telling him if he went in his grandfather would think he’d come back for good. Jiva didn’t want to have to disappoint his grandfather or any other family for that matter.

It seemed something inside the borders just might make his decision for him, for he saw a pup. He was already turning when Jiva had arived. The young boy cleared his throat, giving a slight whine, in accordance to telling the pup he was there, but in no way threatening.

“What’s such a young pup doing at the borders of his home all alone?”

Jiva asked questioningly. He had not met this boy but it wasn’t hard to tell who’s he was. For his brothers and sisters smelled much like that. Though Jiva’s mother didn’t but that was because her family consisted of a different father. That mattered little to Jiva who knew Vigilante as his only grandfather. This must be one of his pups, and Jiva smiled a little. So now he HAD met at least one of the newer additions to the family. It gave Jiva joy to see his family grow, and though he was still a pup himself he hoped someday he could make a family of his own, but for now he was just a carefree young wolf who’s wandering feet took him back home.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Jiva p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva b {font-family:verdana; color:#3a3629; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva {background-color:#58553f; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#a4a897; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8357/atab4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:291px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #4e4839; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .name {text-align:right; font-family:Frijole; color:#2c281d; font-size:35px; text-shadow:#3a3725 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8c8767; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table made by Kitty!
[html]

Attack of the tiny uncle!! /sswm 339

Dejected as he was, Skoll did not even notice the other canine padding up behind him as he started to trudge away from the borders. The whine, however, made both gingery ears swivel back before he spun around in turn. He blinked as he stared at the other boy, older than him by a few months. He looked oddly familiar for some reason, and eagerly the pup’s green eyes took in the other’s appearance: light reddish fur partitioned like a husky’s, with a ridge of darker fur going between his ears. It reminded the boy of Niro and his dark Mohawk, kind of silly back then but decidedly cool now.

The spark at the memory of his half-sister’s mate gave the young prince pause, but rather than dwell longer on this fact, the sun pup listened to the other’s question. Quickly, he snorted, drawing himself up and curling his yellowish tail over his back like a proud malamute. He did his best to display his growing frame with confident dominance, but he was still young and still small next to the older boy.

“I’m lookin’ for bad guys!” Skoll Haskel declared. “A King gotta watch his borders!” Then he paused and squinted, coming closer boldly and all but pressing his nose against the other’s pelt. The scent he recognized, one that reminded him of his half-sister and her mate, one that niggled at his memory from when he was no more than a couple of months old.

“But you’re not a bad guy,” he decided after a moment, tail wagging. “You smell like Mara, and I like your hair.”

Then he paused, staring in amazement up into the other’s mismatched gaze: green and blue, two colors he never thought could coexist in one wolf’s face. “And I like your eyes!” the young wolfdog burst out, leaping around the older boy excitedly with a few yips. “I’m Skoll Haskel! Whatchyer name again?” He was sure he should know this, since the familiarity of this stranger was bugging him so much.

<style>
.skolltab .padded {width:283px;height:156px; float:right; background-image:url(http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1332/skolltab.jpg); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.skolltab b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.skolltab {background-color:#ffc057; border:1px solid #FFFB99; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ad772f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:90%; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Frijole);</style>Jiva Takekuro
Word Count :: 247
OOC: I am soooo very sorry this took so long for me to get to please forgive me!! <3 also his eye is purple not blue, I know it's hard to see from the avatar ^^

The boy turned around and Jiva gave him a jovial smile, one he was sure his father would give if he were in his place. He listened as the boy told him that he was looking for bad guys and Jiva nodded. He would do much the same if he were in a pack, and he chucked as the boy came closer stating he wasn’t a bad guy.

“You’re right! I am a good guy! And Mara, she is my mother.”

He took his compliment of his coat very well and he puffed out his own chest. His tail, which naturally curled like his little uncle’s was at full mast and was wagging. Jiva did look much like his dog heritage more than the wolf that shared most of his genes.

“Thank you, one eye is the same as my mother,s mara, and the other is Niro’s my father. and I am Jiva Takekuro. It is good to finally meet you. If I’m not mistaken you are my uncle. I don’t think we have properly met.”

To a human it would be odd to have an uncle younger than ones self, but to a wolf it mattered little. He was blood and he was family. Jiva cared not if a grandfather was only two or three years older than himself or if he was a decade. For that was the way wolves worked and how they lived.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Jiva p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva b {font-family:verdana; color:#3a3629; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva {background-color:#58553f; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#a4a897; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8357/atab4.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:291px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #4e4839; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .name {text-align:right; font-family:Frijole; color:#2c281d; font-size:35px; text-shadow:#3a3725 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px;}
.SS15141211_Jiva .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#8c8767; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #3a3629;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table made by Kitty!
[html]

Ooop, I knew that; made a typo. ;__;

The young man smiled brightly at him then laughed at his remarks, revealing what Skoll should have known from the start—that he was family, in fact Amaranth’s son! The revelation caused the sun-chaser to laugh in delight, the sound dissolving into giggles at the other’s proud stance. He jumped toward his older nephew and brushed against the reddish husky pelt, rubbing around him in a circle playfully and letting their familiar scents mingle. He didn’t remember his half-siblings as well as he’d like to, his young memory mostly filled with other things, but he knew about his family well enough from what his mother told him.

The doggish teenager introduced himself as Jiva Takekuro, and the prince nodded his head up and down as it all came flooding back to him. “Yes, I’m a uncle,” he said humorously. He wondered if this meant he could boss Jiva around, but he decided that he didn’t really want or need to anyway. “Unka Skoll kinda remembers you, mostly Mara and Niro, but you smell just like ’em and like me!” He grinned again, plopping his rear down on the ground and continuing to chatter away like they had all the time in the world. “I gotta eyes like my daddy Vigilante. Hati got Mom’s eyes, your grandmamma.” Oh, Ayita would be excited to hear about who’d shown up on the borders!

He managed to pause long enough to think, and then his green eyes widened as he looked at the bigger wolfdog. “Jiva, why’re you all by yourself? What about your parents? Are they comin’ back?”

<style>
</style>[/html]