they all say it
After the morning meditation, Tal had returned to the D’Arte tent. He had sat for a while with Draw, watching him sketch, trying his own hand at it. He was about to toss aside his sketch, when Draw stopped him with a gentle hand on his wrist. ”Looks a bit like Tameri and Sky, brother. You did good. I see their spirits in it, and your heart.” After that, Tal had allowed the artistic trader to hang it up with the others. The peaceful feeling had faded, and Tal felt a bit of resentment for that. And yet, now was the perfect time to go check out the stall with the gems he’d seen after arriving.

He stood in front of it now, admiring a nice piece of malachite. He glanced at the mournful looking male who stood near by. ”I’d like this piece. I have some herbs or salves to offer.” The trader shook his head gently, a sad smile on his lips. His voice was soft as he spoke. ”I have no use for herbs or salves, my friend. If you had some stone or other trinkets, I’d willingly trade that.”

Tal eyed the malachite, then set it down to rummage through his pack. ”I have this book on medicinal properties of different stones. It focuses on more foreign stones than I can find here. Perhaps it would interest you?” The trader’s interest was piqued, and a spirited discussion began over the worth of the book versus the worth of the stone. In the end, the males parted, both feeling that they had gotten the better end of the deal. The trader received the book he wanted, and Tal walked away with the malachite and several other stones he hadn’t had in his possession before, along with a silver chain with a large piece of quartz hanging from it. He hadn’t quite decided what to do with it, only that he had wanted it. For now, he strung the necklace around his neck as he walked to the large gathering tent.

He pulled out a canteen of water, some deer jerky, and his home made bread. Within moments, he’d ended up trading them for a flagon of wine and a different sort of jerky called pemmican. It was made with cranberries and antelope, and he found himself rather enjoying it and the home made wine. The sweet flavor of the home made wine actually made him forget about his vow to never drink. Instead he found himself wondering if it was possible to grow his own grapes and make his own wine.

Since he’d never drank before, it was impossible for him to know that the home made wine was stronger than he expected. In fact, by the end of his little meal, he was just a little bit tipsy.

((WC:472))
Ayasha had for some reason decided to go to this winter festival thing alone. Well, she had her horse Ahuli but she doubted that would actually count. She had told Liam that she would be going there and be gone for a while and he had understood. He would have come with if he could but he might run into members from his old pack. So, she had left Anathema and headed towards the gathering, riding on her horse.

She led him to the stables and grabbed her bag of carvings. She might find something for her and Liam while she was wandering around. She headed to the various stalls and seen quite a few things that she liked and made a mental note to come back to the stalls before she left. She had spotted her mother but decided to stay away from her for a bit.

Instead she headed to the big tent where there seemed to be all of Souls gathered for meals. She was a bit overwhelmed and was busy trying not to be seen by anyone who would know her from AniWaya. She was so busy that she didn’t see anyone until she bumped into him or her, or they did her. She mumbled ”Sorry” and then looked to see whom she had bumped into. It was Liam’s dad! Not the person she wanted to see.
The bump caught him by surprise. He turned around abruptly knocked into the pale woman behind him, sending her to the ground. Mismatched eyes widened as he leaned down, pulling her up by her wrists. ”Sorry ‘bout that. Normally, less clumsy am I.” He peered at her, the good feelings draining from him. Ayasha, Liam’s girlfriend. And she had his scent plastered all over her. A terrible sadness swept through him.

”You’re so young, Ayasha. Why would you burden yourself with his crimes?” He didn’t speak the name, couldn’t speak the name, but his voice held a note that was immeasurably bereft. For a moment, he felt as if Tameri had brushed by his ankles in her sweet way, but it was just the wind. He stared at Ayasha, his eyes falling to the carved bluebird around her neck. He had wondered where that had gone to when it had gone missing. He figured it had fallen from the top of the dresser. Obviously it hadn’t. He wasn’t going to fight her over it, though. The boy must have taken it and given it to her.

If life had been different, Tal would have welcomed the girl with open arms. But she knew the murdered, she knew what he’d done. She hadn’t known Tameri, that was all there was to it. She hadn’t known the aching devastation that came with losing a beloved child, of losing the sweet smile, the melody of a child’s laughter. And she had been so excited about being a big sister just the day before... before losing her.

The wine had turned sour in his mouth. A hand fingered his necklace, the quartz pendant. He regretted coming here now, he regretted wanting to see what the excitement was about. He let out a soft breath, shaking his head. ”Never mind. Shawchert, he left the pack. I’m sure he’s looking for him. I don’t want to know where he is, because then I would have to keep my promise. I swore... I swore to kill him if he ever came near us again. I meant it, Ayasha. I would destroy him the same way he destroyed the little girl who called him brother. It would kill me, but I would do it for my pack and for my family. He is not family. I would apologize because that excludes you as well... but you made your choice to stay by him. I tried that once, with his mother. And her oldest son killed my daughter. Would have killed me. And frankly, I wish he would have killed him too.” He emphasized him, leaving no doubt as to whom he meant.

((wc: 446))
She had been knocked down but he helped her up, though she wasn’t entirely sure that he would have helped her up if he knew who she was. But it didn’t take him long to realize that it was her. He became sad about something and she thought it was because of her choices to stay with his son. Which irked her slightly but she didn’t lash out in anger like she could have or had done with her mother.

Her suspicions were confirmed when he asked why she stayed with Liam, despite his problems. ”Because, sir, I love him. And will despite all his issues. I’m not blind to his issues but I can see past them.” She begged with both her eyes and how she spoke for him to believe her, or at least drop the issue. She didn’t really want to try to argue with someone else about Liam.

He however continued and she hoped that he wouldn’t ask where his son was. But he thankfully didn’t and she knew that she couldn’t do and wouldn’t. ”I wouldn’t tell you if you asked me to, I hope you understand.” She was sorry about the pain that both he and his pack went through. ”I’m sorry about all the pain that he caused you, your mate, and your pack. I wish that it hadn’t happened.” She did see the movement of his hand to the piece of quartz. ”Is that a new necklace? Because its pretty cool.” It was an open invitation for him to tell her about it, if he wanted, and drop the conversation about Liam.
He wanted to turn away, wanted to run. He didn't do either one. Instead, he nodded to her words about Liam. All he said was, "Black wolves run in the family. I sincerely hope you don't have black puppies, Ayasha." He gave her a sad smile at her words about wishing it hadn't happened, and was going to make reply to it when she asked about the quartz. He nodded, his fingers touching the sharp point of the clear quartz crystal.

"I traded one of my books away for it. Quartz is a good amplifier, though the various colors do different things for the body. Like the blue quartz bird around your neck there. Blue quartz is a stone of order, giving a sense of order to all things, and releases fear, bringing courage to one's life. It is also a boost for creativity and expression. Emotionally, blue quartz helps lessen problems with scattered mind and disorganization, and brings mental clarity. It also helps one to see and accept reality, react to it intelligently in one's behalf, and increase self-reliance. It can lift depression and reduce stubbornness, markedly stubbornness that is in the end bad for a person. And it helps reduce emotional tension.

It would have been even better for you in Aniwaya, it aids in spiritual development, and helps make contact with spirit guides. And it brings peaceful mindfulness or meditation, whichever way you'd like.

Now my clear quartz here, it enhances energy by absorbing, storing, amplifying, balancing, focusing and transmitting. It directs and amplifies energy, so it's really good for manifesting, healing, meditation, protection, and channeling. It's known as the master of the healing stones, and its also powerful protection against dark magiks."
He realized he was rambling, and stopped pressing his finger against the point of the crystal.

After a moment, he slipped the necklace and chain off. looping in into a neat rope into the palm of his hand. "Take it, Ayasha. I want you to have it."

((WC:333))
He talked about how black wolves ran in his family and that he hoped that they didn’t have any black pups. Ayasha nodded. ”I know they do and they could also run in mine for all I know. The only person that I remember from my birth family is my mother and she was white. But I could have a black furred father or uncle or something. And I hope that when we have pups, they aren’t black.” She knew that it would be dangerous for both her and any pups, and unhealthy for Liam.

But he spoke about different quartz and how they each have different meanings and properties. Hers was for balance and other things. That made sense that Liam gave it to her since he was all about balance. She gently touched her bird pendant and looked at Tal. ”Did he realize the meaning when he gave me this?” She wondered if he knew about his son’s thing about balance.

He then gave her his and she was hesitant. ”Are you sure?” How would she explain to Liam where she got it without either lying to him or getting him angry? But she took it gently from him. ”Thank you, Taliesin.” She wouldn’t wear it quite yet. Soon though. Maybe after she talked to Liam about meeting his father.
He gave her a sad smile, watching as she took the necklace in her hands. "I don't know. There was more about him that I didn't know than I ever thought there could be. No parent should be so ignorant of their child." He looked at the ground, his eyes speaking eloquently of his sorrow. "Don't repeat my mistakes, Ayasha." He looked at her, then turned away slowly. He couldn't look at her, couldn't be reminded of Liam. Liam was a sore spot, a scabbed wound in his heart.

He spoke again as he began walking away from her. "Take care of yourself, Ayasha. And take care of him too." Those were the only words he could speak of Liam, the only words he could give her in parting. When he walked away from her this time, it would be for good, and it would be forever. He would never know any pups the two might have, and Liam would never know the pups that Sky carried within her womb now.

His gait as he began walking away was slow, the ancient shuffle of an elderly luperci, one who has seen decades pass and many loved ones die. Yet, he was only three, and the only one he had seen die was his daughter, his sweet daughter Tameri. For a moment, he thought he felt her brush against him, a luperci hand touching his shoulder. He didn't look, for fear it would be Ayasha. He didn't wish to speak to Ayasha any further.
OOC: End of thread!

IC: Ayasha frowned slightly at the sight of her father-in-law’s sad smile but she did nod at not knowing Liam very well. She didn’t blame him for not knowing his son but hoped that they wouldn’t hate each other forever. Yet deep down, Ayasha knew that that was unlikely, even nearing impossible. There was too much hurt on both sides. Tal hated Liam for his actions and Liam thought his father didn’t care about him.

He mentioned not repeating his mistake and she could only assume that he meant to be ignorant of Liam. Either that or he really meant their pups. She would watch any pups they had for any sign that they might have their father’s issues. But she nodded nonetheless. Her eyes were a little sad as Tal walked off but he did ask her to talk care of both herself and Liam and she said, ”I’ll try.”

Yet she didn’t really move for a while. Her thoughts were swirling as she gently spun the crystal in her fingers. Her relationship with Liam would never be easy but she was bound and determined to make it work. With that thought, she became determined and went about her business. She had wanted to go to a few stalls that she saw then she would go home to her mate.