Lonely Artists and Jealous Friends
[html]
Hotaru

Word Count → 573 :: Out of Character text.

When Hotaru had first heard of the winter festival she had felt a wonderful rush of excitement, and then the crushing feeling of disappointment. Although the festival sounded like a wonderful idea, how could she ever enjoy it? Not only were there wonderful activities, but there would be stalls to trade and buy; all the things Hotaru could never do alone. Heck, she couldn't even get there alone. The festival was supposedly being held in the sugarwoods, an area next to one of the northern packs. How was Hotaru supposed to get there by herself when she couldn't even find north? Hotaru had spent a long time mulling over her situation. She really wanted to go, and had even carved several pieces for trading just in case she could actually managed to travel that far. After spending several days thinking she came up with a great idea. Hotaru sent Fawkes out the previous day to look for the festival. Although it would mean that she missed the opening feast, this would at least allow the female to join in on the festivities later on.

It had taken the red-tailed hawk an entire day to scout out the location of the festival. Hotaru woke up early in that morning to pack. Fawkes was a little tired from his expedition the previous day and he would have his work cut out for him later on. Taking her satchel, the she-wolf diligently packed her bag until it was half full with her works. She packed bangles, a wooden box, a wooden recorder, and the decorative wooden dagger she had made specifically for Light. Hotaru didn't know if she would see the male there, but just in case she wanted to give him something in return. On her back she strung the osage orange hunting bow she had made. Although not particularly beautiful, it was still a well made bow that would last for a long time and packed a powerful punch. Hopefully Hotaru would be able to trade her items for tools or even leather. Hotaru was in desperate need for leather, she had used her last strips on the hunting bow and required more.

With Fawkes as her guide in the air and the staff in her hands as her guide on the ground, Hotaru was able to successfully travel to the festival. Once she arrived at the sugarwoods it was already midday and the festival was loud and busy. It took the blind woman a few minutes to adjust to the barrage of sounds and new smells so she stood at the edge of the festival ground. Once her sensory overload was finished, she was able to pick up the faint scent of Cercatori d'Arte. By following the scent, the Immaginazione was able to track down the pack's tent. From what she had heard, they were hosting art classes. With nothing better to do, the blind wolf sat down in a corner and occupied her time with listening to the world around her. Fawkes perched on her shoulder for once so that he would not be in anyone's way. The host Draw d'Merchant came over a couple of times to see if she wanted to draw, but after he found out about her blindness the male left her alone. Hotaru was glad that he had decided to leave her alone, she needed the alone time so she could further get used to the festival.

<style type="text/css">
.hotarleaf .space {float:right; width:400px; height:350px;}
.hotarleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.hotarleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; color:#c0a59f; text-align:left; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px; margin:25px; text-indent:10px;}
.hotarleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.hotarleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#69808d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BMRRF.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #293340; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#293340; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[html]
WORD COUNT: 260
I saw Attn: Light and AW in the same topic and had to pop Teo in. ;D Ohai, Hotaru! A very gay and very drunk Teo's come to say hello! (Fair warning, he's got one heck of an Italian accent on right now. XD)

He still wasn't sure how Light had talked him into it, but it didn't matter. He hadn't been sober since his first drink upon arrival and after that, everything was a drunken, happy, flamboyant blur of smiles and stupid jokes. So of course, even into the middle of the day a few days into the festival (he'd been there for a few nights now, keeping his 'date' company), Matteo was still at it. He'd been sober a few times since, if only to sleep, but hangovers brought on more drinks and then more merriment. He'd get over his... drinking once he left the festival, but for now, he wasn't hurting anyone. (except maybe his liver.)

After a few moments of wandering, a new face caught his eye. A lady, with brown fur dappled in gray and white, pretty and prettier eyes. Brown as they were, they seemed to stare on into nothing. Blind? He gussed she might've been, or else she was lost in thought. Still, she seemed lonely. Was she lonely? He'd have to find out for himself. Over he sauntered, flamboyant sway to his hips the entire time.

"You look all lonely in the corner by yourself, beautiful. Why don't you join us in the festivities? I'll be your own personal guide!" He greeted cheerfully, stopping a foot from her and leaning to the side a bit, tail swaying happily behind him. "M'name's Matteo. What's your's?" There wasn't a doubt in the world that his flirting was all in flamboyancy; this guy was as gay as a rainbow.

[/html]
[html]

incoming crazy!

Terra had paced herself. Really she had. She'd spent the morning with Skoll before skipping over to the festival, excited to see what was new. She wandered over to a stand run by the neighboring pack, on four legs this time. She wasn't confident enough to go on two legs today. At least not until she got a better grip on things. Happily she moved over, watching curiously as human items were passed out, and bright colors painted the canvas. Walking over Terra stuck her nose into a can, snorting in surprise as she pulled out, her nose now a shade of bright blue.

Spotting the blind wolf from last time Terra walked over, tail wagging. At least there was one person she could count on not making fun of her nose. She couldn't see what Terra had done. About to bark a greeting Terra paused as a stranger approached her friend. Her hackles stood slightly as she watched the male approach, hips swinging like a female's. She had no idea what was going on, just that it was wrong. Even worse, he was hitting on her! Terra didn't like that one bit, her instincts raring for attack.

The meaning of the festival returned then, reminding her that strangers were all around, and she was supposed to brush shoulders with everyone. Granted, that didn't mean she had to like it. The feminine male was strange in Terra's mind, different from anything she'd seen before. Definitely out of his wits too, from the trouble he was having focusing on anything. Trotting over Terra woofed softly to announce her presence.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
ooc: I just had to take a moment to respond to this.... looks like title is gonna fit XD <3... now Light has two people to convince him to get a scarf ^_^

He had taken it fairly slow that morning unlike his partner in crime that he lost yet again. Slippery little guy He chuckled but more than willing to jump into the game of finding him. When he began this venture he honestly only expected to be there for the night. But spirits flowed high, friendship rounded every corner and the fun was endless. He was hazy on some details, unsure of what had conspired but he knew there must have been a few events he’d regret.

Finally he spotted the male his hips a pleasant sight in the distance and wondered for a moment who he was talking to. Nonetheless he was going to whisk him off to the tent where they had collected moonshine. He noticed a female approaching him, looking not too happy and rolled his eyes. Why did it seem like he had to pull Teo out of so many situations lately and stood his height straight and approached. As a hand reached for the albino every bit of him broke down as the person before him finally came to view.

Hotaru! His face broke with an uncontrolled large smile, his tail lowered just slight, from his posture a second ago he now resembled a very relaxed male. He dove in his breath still laden with alcohol; his body slightly unbalanced and pulled the girl into a crushing hug. Oh my love. I’m so glad you made it. He licked her cheek and set her down taking her hand into his own. Forgive me, Matteo this is Hotaru my beauty of Cercatori d'Arte. Hotaru this is my pack-mate and good friend Matteo. Light realized then just what he had dove into, his lack of willingness to tell others of his current personal life and he just introduced the two largest parts of it. Feeling slightly embarrassed he looked to the female that stood by them and smiled hoping to shift the possible awkward air away. And you are?
[html]
Hotaru

Word Count → 754 :: This is going to be all sorts of crazy. Hotaru is so jealous.

In the beginning it was enough for the blind wolf to sit and listen to the commotion surrounding her. It was enough to smell all of the wonderful things and all of the different canines that were enjoying the festival. She imagined what they might look like. She thought of the stalls, imagining everything as large purple tents, because purple was her favorite color, and beautiful canines all over the place. Of course, all of them decorated in lovely purple outfits. It was a beautiful fantasy that was only enhanced by her keen senses, making it seem all the more real. Fawkes sat silently on her shoulder as people passed by. The red tailed hawk had given up a while ago trying to keep people at a distance. It was a festival after all, there were canines everywhere.

She kept daydreaming until the scent of Light filled the air. Hotaru grew excited, thinking that Light might be coming to join her. It wasn't until an unfamiliar voice spoke that she realized the scent of Light was actually mingled with the scent of another. Hotaru turned her head, her red-tipped ear's twitching as she listened and her nose going to work as it frantically tried to make sense of the situation. This male, this very flamboyant male, smelled like Light. He smelled a lot like Light, too much like Light for her to be fully comfortable with this situation. Not only did the male-who-smelled-like-Light act as gay as can be, he was flirting with her too. Hotaru wiggled her nose a little, he reeked of alcohol. Before, the grey wolf used to love alcohol and how it smelled, but after she lost her eyesight she could only describe the smell as repulsive. Which at the time was a terrible thing because she couldn't even drown her sorrows in booze.

Hotaru turned her head away from the male as he leaned in, both the smell of alcohol and Light's scent upsetting her. "A pleasure to meet you Matteo, but I'm afraid I must decline your offer. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now so I need some time to rest." Her red-grey tail twitched slightly with annoyance, but she spoke in a very polite and friendly tone.

Just as she finished speaking, a familiar woof announced the presence of Hotaru's mysterious friend. Fawkes, returned her greeting with a cry of his own. He had grown to like the coywolf as she had been one of the few who had actually taken him seriously. "Well, if it isn't my mysterious friend from the Ethereal Eclipse. If we keep meeting like this you going to have to tell me your name eventually." Hotaru's tone had become a little brighter and even bordered on teasing. In truth, she was happy the coywolf had come along and hoped that she could save Hotaru from such an unsavory situation. Hotaru didn't want to find out why Matteo smelled like Light, the possible answers scared her.

With both the flamboyant male and mysterious female to occupy her thoughts Hotaru didn't even notice Light's approach. The sound of his voice immediately caught Hotaru's attention and her head swiftly turned towards the direction of the call. The weight on her shoulder disappeared as Fawkes flew off, probably to a higher location. Hotaru laughed as Light brought her in for a crushing hug, the smell of alcohol and Matteo all over his pelt. She wrinkled her nose, and her once wagging tail drooped. It wasn't hard to connect the dots. Hotaru pulled away a little and said in as joking a manner as she could pull, "It's good to see you too, but...Light, you stink. Have you been drinking?" She tried to act like that was the only thing she was bothered about and hoped they didn't notice, although she was a good actor and they were drunk so she felt a little confident about her act.

Hotaru didn't refuse his hand, she just grabbed it and tried to imagine that she would never need to let it go. "Again, nice to meet you Matteo. Light, the coywolf is my friend so please, do be nice." The grey wolf feigned happiness. Although she was happy to see Light and the female coywolf, she didn't want to find out about his pack mate. It scared her to think that she was loosing to a drunken, flamboyant, and not-blind wolf. Okay, the last part was a little ridiculous, but Hotaru felt like she somehow fell short because of her lack of eyesight.

<style type="text/css">
.hotarleaf .space {float:right; width:400px; height:350px;}
.hotarleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.hotarleaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.hotarleaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#c0a59f; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px;}
.hotarleaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; color:#c0a59f; text-align:left; text-shadow:#293340 1px 2px 2px; margin:25px; text-indent:10px;}
.hotarleaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.hotarleaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#69808d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BMRRF.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #293340; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#293340; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[html]
WORD COUNT: 334
Light's arm = Teddy Bear in Teo's Drunk-o-vision.

When the blind lady made a polite refusal, the albino was about to turn away. "Perfectly fine, of course. Perhapes later, I can show you aroun-" He didn't get the chance to finish. Another one in her lupus form approached, wuffing to announce herself. He stepped back and placed his hands in his pockets. Drunk as he was, he didn't leave at that moment, curious to know if this lupus lady knew the blind girl. Upon noting the lift in tone, he smiled and nodded. "Or perhapes you have a friend indeed. I'll leave you ladies to your fun, then." He gave a slightly tipsy bow before turning...

...and stumbling sideways as Light suddenly appeared. Oh, so that's where he'd left him. No, wait, this wasn't... oh right, Light could move about freely. Silly Teo. His smile became a grin when Light apparently showed to know the lady too, gathering her up in a hug and speaking happy words to her. She returned the happy words, and then it was apparently time for introductions.

When Light introduced the blind lady as Hotaru, Teo wagged his tail. "A name to go with the face. The honor's mine, miss Hotaru." She also made a note to treat the little coywolf as a friend to Light and Teo made sure to do the same.

...and then he decided standing on his own was too much effort. With a surprisingly smooth side-step, he took place beside Light and snagged the older male's free arm for himself, wrapping it in both his arms and leaning lightly against his friend.

"Un po 'ubriaco, molto felice." He muttered into his friend's arm, closing his eyes to let his ears do all the work for a moment. "Where'd you go, Luce della mia notte?" Mixed Italian signalled that last shot of whiskey settling in. Even with his mangled words, his tone of voice was sulky and hinting, leaving no mystery behind his affection towards his tribemate. It was official; Teo was plastered.

[/html]
[html]

out of character text

Terra grinned at the blind wolf's words. I don't believe I know yours either. Perhaps the next time we meet? Or maybe just this once, since it is a festival. I'm Terra. She didn't want them to think she gave her name out to everyone she met. It was something to be earned, or at the least something she would only give if she was sure it couldn't be used against her. Shortly after a name was called. Terra thought it was someone from the crowd at first, but then another wolf burst in, just as out of control as the first. Well, maybe slightly less so. At least his words made sense.

She cocked her head as they talked. Forgetting her blue nose Terra spoke up. I drink all the time, and it doesn't do that! What did drinking have to do with any of this? She didn't know about alcohol, but she did burst into peals of laughter as the first male collapsed on Light, seemingly lost. Walking over Terra pushed into him, seeing if he'd lose his balance. What's this? An arm ornament? She looked at him teasingly before brushing back to Hotaru. Odd choice for a blind wolf. You can't see what they're doing. Mind you, I can't figure out what they're doing.

<style type="text/css">
.xmas-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.xmas-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.xmas-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.xmas-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... G_4177.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.xmas-01 b:before { content: open-quote; }
.xmas-01 b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]