slightly intoxicated
The red liquid swished around the bottle as erratically as the hand that held it. The music was playing and his spirits where in a rather good mood. While his mate was off probably flirting with some unknown male, he had decided to just leave her be. If he let his jealously fester he wouldn’t let anyone near her. Plus she was more than capable of handling herself, and if she needed him all she need do was call. In the end he wasn’t that far away, his eyes always silently finding her beautiful form. For now he’d let others have their fun, but as time wore on he’d come sweeping in to claim her. The wine was seeing to his mood, a rather excited mood to be quite honest. Thoughts of his X’y filling his already soaked brain to a point he rather absently thought he was quite drunk already.

Saluce still wore the plated steel armor, lounging in a rather big chair, looking across the dirt dance floor, his memory taking him back to southern England. There the dances where indoors and the music of much better quality, along with the extravagant dresses and suits, all wolves trying to behave like the humans before them. Back then he had known how to play a piano, something he guessed he’d never see in this part of the world.
Selene had been in Halifax for a while, mainly staying in the area while she healed from the broken bones and soreness from being tossed from a large height, for many days she had sat alone thinking of the ones she left behind, of her adopted father and especially how she had failed to save his life. The cross she had around her neck, framed by glossy black waves of hair was the only thing left of him to hold onto, to keep as a memoir for the rest of her days. Her wanderings had been aimless, useless to the wellbeing of her. She sought weapons, not everyone was trusted. Her body had slowly become thinner, food wasn't something she was quite used to, in fact it could be counted as incompetence. 

Sounds of speech and different smells were in the air like a warbled drone, warm reddish eyes watched with slight interest at the scene played out in front of her. Tents we're set up, and trinkets and things seemed to be lain out for wandering and interested eyes to see. She found her petite body moving closer to the source of the small commotion. The cinnamon coated femme looked around, Most likely looking quite like an idiot standing around. Many people caught her eye, the closest one happened to be just a few feet away,  she approached but tentatively. She didn't walk over for a while, mentally jumping back and forth between yes and no, only to tread over lightly.

The man in shiny armor towered over the young woman, making the hybrid a little intimidated, even in his sitting state. Quietly, she asked not meeting his blue eyes but peering curiously at the other booths then to the things they had on show. There appeared to be some kind of dancefloor, strange to see to the young girl.  "What's happening? I don't see why everyone's here?" To this stranger she could easily be passed as a child, her stature smallish and frail. She noticed a bottle of red liquid, that she guessed to be wine. "My name's Selene. I come from Italy. I haven't been to one of these before. " She didn't sit down anywhere, but stood watching the different beings around her seeming to be having a joyous time. Selene found herself having a harder time relaxing, settling down and letting herself get loose and settled. A brown tail waved slightly, both in slight nervousness and in curious interest.
The song was nothing of note to him but several of the wolves found it decent enough to dance too. He took another swig of some of Ichika’s wine, if they knew he was a thief when it came to wine, well he’d just handle Nayru when she said something. Blues wandered around once again, his form lounging rather comfortably, he still towered over a lot of the inhabitants here, but being seated had the feeling of being more approachable. It soon proved true when he noticed a little fae standing quietly beside him. For the first few moments he didn’t turn and look at her, figuring if he ignored her she would go off on her own. But as it was she continued to stay, maybe she felt safer in his presence he wasn’t sure, but it wasn’t too much of a bother.

Blue eyes swirled around before his dipped his muzzle in greeting to her, taking note of her young age. Undoubtedly as she aged she would take full advantage of her coat, he could see the beauty lying dormant in her as her awkward looking frame struggled to make the change to a voluptuous woman. He gave her a charming smile, as he offered her a place next to him to sit. Saluce really couldn’t deny a woman and her company, even if he desired someone else at the moment. She was marked beautifully for a dog, probably the best looking dog mix he had ever laid eyes on.

“It’s a festival, they are dancing and having a good time. Kind of an odd time to have such a thing in the middle of winter but it’s a nice change of pace. I’m Saluce” He replied pleasantly enough, as eyes looked out at the sea of people. “Festivals are where people bring goods and services and exchange them for things they like or want, also they get to cut loose at night as well.” He remarked with a smirk as he turned to her.

“So Selene, what’s a young pretty little thing like you doing by yourself? Shouldn’t you have a line of boys lined up and waiting for you to smile in their direction?” He purposefully spoke in a tone of an older maybe even father like tone with her. The last thing he wanted to do was be accused of robbing the cradle, plus the horny brute had a mate.
[html]

Selene didn't mean to linger beside the stranger, she didn't know of such festivals and celebrations. Why were they celebrating? Why did everyone seem to be in some form of unity? Different canines from different pack's seemed to be getting along well. Maybe it was a time for treaty and truce, because all of the groups couldn't possibly be allies, they were all too unique to do that. The male introduced him as Saluce, he was most likely older than herself and the way he asked about why she wasn't up there strutting her stuff and getting boys confuse her. Was he flirting or was the alcohol getting to his head? "Aw, I've been having a hard time interacting with guys. Spent too much time stowing away on a ship. Nasty bastards, most of 'em don't just want a smile." Her voice held no venom towards the canines who threw her off the ship and the ones that did real sick shit to her body, also leaving her for dead and a scavenger's meal. "But I'm not saying that all men are like that, I've met some nice guys before. Now...Who the hell do I trust?"

It was strange, to feel so intimidated by so many people, being a young woman of dominance and usual confidence, the strange people enjoying themselves with the music, swirling and moving with the rhythm. Reddish eyes caught sight of the beverage that was hued quite similar to her own eyes. "That's wine? Maybe I'll go get some later." Sitting next to him rather uncomfortably, it seemed quite known to her that she had issues with socializing. "You in a pack? I thought about a couple...But I can't decide." The dusky girl crossed her legs, but had her arms crossed just a little subconsciously, still unsure what to do about the commotion and activities. The music had a cherry drone, the kind that sometimes drove others to without thinking move their bodies. Taking notice of the armor he wore, the heavy looking shiny protective garments that were hard to ignore got the young woman wondering.

"Are you trading armor and stuff like that? Did you make them all yourself?" Curious questions came and went, the hybrid youth looked at the armor with interest, wondering how he could have done all that blacksmithing. Well it was certainly possible, this guy was huge! Selene turned her red orbs back to the dancing, very tempted to at least wander up to the action. How long would this festival last? The merchants and traders seemed to be there to stay, and for once she felt homesick. Italy had many places to go for entertainment, singing, dancing, getting drunk. Her adoptive father was fairly lenient, not caring if she came back wasted, or the day she had lost her virginity. Although it was unfortunate not having a mother, missing the useful disciplining she would need,  Jonito was more like a close friend than a father, Selene was eternally grateful that he had managed to save her life. There was the slightest scent of another female on the grey pelt of the man sitting beside her, it wouldn't be wise to do anything stupid like flirt and advance, but harmless dancing couldn't do anything, but would this stranger agree to dancing with her? Just one simple dance and she could get out of his life. Although, in her slightly nervous state it was out of the question to ask. Instead, she stayed fairly quiet. Listening to the music and watching the bodies dancing swoop and swirl like ghostly figures.

Selene felt out of place, with her smallish body and religious tokens such as the tattoo across her shoulders and the golden cross necklace she wore. People didn't seem to care, joyous laughter was comforting to hear and soon she was feeling safer. "I don't know what to do...My nerves are all shaky. I had some bad experiences lately." She sighed and watched with longing out to the happy crowd of dancers. "Mind if I have some o' that stuff?" Hopefully if the grey titan would share some of the sickly sweet smelling wine.

[/html]
[html]

WC:

A loud boisterous laugh erupted from him, her comments on boys and men hit him so hard that he couldn’t contain his uproar. Teary eyed blues turned to her as he gave her an honest look before shaking his head. Oh he knew the male mind to well, at least his anyway, and she seemed to have a healthy dose of caution which was good, it would help her in the future when she grew fully into her body.

“I think your first comment reflects a man’s nature better, if a man isn’t trying to get into your pants then he’s not attracted to the female form. But some of us have more demanding women who keep us in line,” he alluded to the fact, that he was taken, his own lovely lady out and about somewhere on the dance floor. “But not all of us are idiots either, your caution is good, should keep you out of trouble.” He remarked as his laughter died down.

Her barrage of questions stunned him, each one seemingly going in another direction. It was almost too much to process when the wine was so heavily laden in his blood. But he tried to sum up as much as he could.

“I come from Ichika no Ho-en, where I’ve slowly got my blacksmith shop back in order. I did make all of this, and I don’t make armor for anyone. It’s sort of something I don’t do.” He didn’t go into details about why he didn’t want anyone from another pack having a nice set of armor like he did, to many complications if he had to fight them eventually. But no one really needed to know that, or know that he would in the end make a set for someone worthy of it. “And if you’ve had some bad days lately, I wouldn’t advise using alcohol, tends to amplify any bad feelings. But you can have a bit, since I’m supposed to be selling people on Ichikan wine.” The bottle was handed to her as he nodded a bit.

“Any packs caught your eye though? Ichikan can always use dedicated individuals with a head on their shoulders.”

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait...I'm an idiot.

Selene giggled at the larger man's boisterous laughter, seeing someone so blurry eyed from laughing was enough to brighten her spirits just by a fraction. He explained a bit, mostly about the actions of men and so on. She didn't quite understand why men mostly noticed the physique instead of the inner soul of women. But of course men will be men, something virtually unchangeable. Her wary attitude towards them was a bit comforting, although she couldn't always keep her guard up. Saluce was proving to be friendly and fun, and her suspicions of another female were true as he suggested that he did have a woman to keep him in line. "Yeah, I've thought of a few places...An' I can't  decide yet. I jut don't know."

Sel had a little knowledge of the armor now, and the greyscale man said he didn't just sell it to anyone.  She wouldn't mind some armor someday, something not too heavy but enough to protect her. She had thought of  Ichika as a possible home a few times, but already decided she wouldn't fit in well there. "I can be dedicated yes, but I don't know if my head is on my shoulders, and it certainly won't be after a bit of this-" Sel gratefully took the wine to take a long but non-lingering sip. Laughing slightly at her joke. Yes, she was loyal, but how can she deal with things that would remind her of Italy and her past.

Selene
<style>
.selene .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.selene-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"MONOTYPE CORSIVA", sans-serif; color:#b70101; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 5px;}
.jiva p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.selene p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.selene b {color:#FFCF00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.selene {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... m0mp-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#B70101; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.selene-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.selene .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:265

Saluce simply continued as he was, even as she explained her point of view. He was saddened a bit that she didn’t consider Ichika more seriously. His blues turned to her the alcoholic stupor he seemed to have been in washing away slightly. The behemoth wanted to fill Ichika with stronger individuals, ones that weren’t weak, ones that he’d work tirelessly for. Blues studied her and again he spoke this time more questioningly.

“Part of being a respectable individual is acknowledging ones faults, if you can recognize those and have a will to make yourself better then I’d insist on you joining Ichika. The pack needs stronger, more headstrong individuals and it would be in poor taste if I didn’t at least try harder to persuade you to give the pack a more serious look.” He dipped his head and returned to a more relaxed posture, as blues looked back out across the dance floor. A plan was already formulating in his head and it didn’t take long before it was laid fully out in his mind.

Standing he didn’t allow her much time to consider his last words, the impressive behemoth towering over almost everyone. Now the woman seemed so small compared to him, he had to noticeably look down to look at her face this time.

“If I offer a friendly dance to you, would you promise to consider my proposal? Tis only a dance, can’t let my mate get to jealous you know?” he smiled a wide grinning smile, the handsome brute stood silently, hands on his hips, waiting on the youths answer.

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

yeah...poor sel

Selene tried to listen to the large man's words carefully, although found much difficulty with the laughter and music reverberating in the area. She heard him though, speak of his pack. She had thought of considering to join that group, but she just couldn't. "I've thought about it, yes. But I can't say that I am overly excited about it. No offense." A small frown ceased across her brow, she still needed time to consider the choices.

Saluce suggested a dance, and when the large man stood, she couldn't help thinking about a tower as he was so tall! Sel wanted to dance, but it almost sounded like a brine of some sort. And she knew that Saluce ment well, but this wasn't right. "I'm gonna have to pass on that. I hope you don't mind..." Selene brushed away an unruly lock of dark hair from her face before turning to face Saluce. She held out a tiny hand for the giant to shake, by slowly and softly murmuring "It's nice meeting you. But I have to go. Keep in touch, I may come and see Ichika some time." After the shake, she was off. Trotting easily into the folds of the crowd. Her concealment. Turning to give a small wave to the huge grey man as she went.

<style>
.sellove .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.sellove p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sellove b {color:#FB5DFE; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sellove {background-color:#0018C3; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... yxwd-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:315px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.sellove-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.sellove .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]