Character Name: Alonso
Character Age: 20 months
Character Gender: Male
Preferred Specialized Rank: Chen-tao; Gen'un
OOC: Kavya
Other Characters Played: none, new to 'Souls
OOC second form of contact: krishnankavya@yahoo.com

Can't shift. Is not a Luperci.

He'd finally come back. A part of him was still insanely worried about this idea. He still hadn’t got over the loss of his last pack and he rebelled against the idea of ‘replacing’ his family with a new one. However, another part of him knew he was being ridiculous. He was a traditional wolf and he needed a new pack, a new family. He’d heard many wolves extol the benefits of joining Ichika no Ho-en. And it was true; he needed the peace and sense of belonging that a pack would offer.

He stood near the border, the guilt eating him up inside. It had been two days since he’d growled at Kiara and run away. It wasn’t her fault – she’d just been trying to help him. She understood the feeling of discontent every natural wolf without a pack felt and she’d been offering some of her happiness and peace to him. And he, being the idiot he was, had snapped and run away. No. The fault lay with him and him alone. The truth was he wasn’t sure if he was ready for a new pack. He was still getting over the loss of his old one and he was a broken wreck of his original self.

Alonso heaved a deep breath to steady himself. He would never know if he didn’t try it. He stood by the border, howled loudly and waited patiently for someone to come and find me. It was time to take a leap of faith.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Because this is a joiner, this is one occasion where this wont be dated. [personal memo]

Routine dictated her steps and lead her along the snow laden border. Her step was at a leisured gait, well muscled limbs worked rhythmically in time to carry her swiftly along the threshold. Perhaps once these duties were done she could retire early and perhaps relax. With the energy she had exerted over the past week, it was a well needed reward to ease her aching muscles and give her some semblance of reprieve. Just another tree to mark and she was literally home free.

A call resounded in the distance, stilling her purposeful steps as she was made to turn toward the direction of the echoing octave. Her ears perked attentively, noting with curiosity that the voice was near their borders… very near if not upon them already. The tree that marked the end of her stretch was forgotten as she turned on the tips of her paws and galloped with heavy paws to greet this wanderer. Subconsciously she hoped this would not be another uncomfortable encounter as it had been with the devil Romeo attempting to luring the innocent Kiara with his wiles. The girl was simply too kind of her own good, and knowing her nature, the Nomad would have to be quick to take notice of their guest before the radiant snowy female got to them first.

Fortune was undoubtedly kind to have her be the first to greet the perspective wolf lingering on the threshold into Ichika’s land. Upon first glance, the male looked troubled, perhaps bothered by some mental distance. Even from their closing distance she did not smell blood on him, nor did he look to favor a wounded side. She could only conclude by sight alone that it was his mind that was troubled… but then she was not one to give into assumptions first and foremost. Rather let him and his actions speak for him…

Kindly the woman approached with a humbly bowed head and high risen tail whilst offering him a soft ‘woof’ of welcome. “Good day to you stranger…” the woman spoke softly as she raised her head to its fullest height with not but a soft smile upon her lips. Patiently, she rested on her folded haunches and draped her tail atop her paws, portraying an air of calm in the hopes to dispel any intimidations her large form might have warranted. “You are near Ichika no Ho-en,” she informed him politely. “Would you be kind to tell me your purpose?”

413 words.

[/html]
It wasn’t long after his initial howl that Alonso sensed the presence of another wolf coming closer. He sniffed the air tentatively – it was a new scent, not one he recognized from his travels around the area. Even while he reassured himself that an official from Ichika was exactly whom he needed to talk to he refused to let his guard down completely. He remained tense and his entire body was coiled in case he had to make a quick getaway. His fears were not assuaged when he saw the huge wolf striding towards him. Her entire form radiated power and strength and Alonso was extremely sure that he did not want to get on this wolf’s bad side.

Luckily for him, the wolf seemed kind. She approached him carefully and gave him a cheerful welcome. Her stance indicated that while she was definitely in charge of the situation here she wouldn’t attack him without provocation and would listen to him with patience. That was all Alonso asked for really.

“Buenos días.” He told the wolf in reply to her questions. “My name is Alonso and I have travelled far to come to Nova Scotia. I have spent the past few months wandering the area as a loner but I now grow weary for company. I have heard it said that Ichika no Ho-en is the pack where one must go to in search of peace and tranquility. So I stand here before you and ask to join your pack” he finished humbly. He then sat back and waited for her to deliberate.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: I'm assuming he has an accent? Or it would sound like that to her? :3

While she waited patiently for the male to find comfort, she gave herself a moment to fully survey him not with scrutiny, but curiosity. He had the wares of a loner, or rather the trademarks that marked him as such. Though he did not smell offensively, his musk was rather strong accompanied with a few twigs and debris that clung carelessly to his pelt. When the wild was one’s home, such luxuries like grooming and regular bathing were deemed unnecessary unless they were afforded to them; or at least that was how the Nomad had perceived the wanderer’s role when she was intimately a part of that world.

Also the lack of certainty of food tended to have a show all its own. While the male looked healthy, it was not without a hint of the absence of extra weight often seen with a full stomach. However he looked capable and fed for the most part, baring no signs of malnourishment. She observed these signs with an expression of relief noting with satisfaction that he was indeed capable. She found it difficult to believe that one could survive as a loner without some able skill or determination toward prosperity. But then again, these were all but assumptions based on what she could see firsthand. While there was a positively light that she chose to see, there was always a dim possibility that he was a victim of charity; fortune’s child made to look more able than what he was. And while she chose not to assume this possibility directly, she would have been ignorant to dismiss it.

“Ichika is considered a refuge and home for those that seek sanctuary and tranquility,” she confirmed with soft tones. “But we are not only that. We are a family not only bound by blood, but by the bonds that we forge with each other. We seek to aid each other, to teach and learn from one another, and help those that we can, not in the spirit of exploitation or to gain something other, but because we can and we want to see our brethren prosper and be well. As one that has not yet experienced this profound bond that we share, I can only offer you a look into this life initially… but if is up to your heart whether it seeks to call this place home.” Gently she smiled. “I assure you, that a search for peace and tranquility will turn into a want to embrace these people as your own. ..so long as your heart is willing to be open to this and experience what these lands have to offer.”

440 words.

[/html]
OOC: Yes he has a slight Spanish accent

The stately female stared at him for a few minutes seeming to take in his appearance. Her stare was non-threatening and kind, yet he was certain she was also sizing him up as she spoke. This didn’t particularly bother him, as she didn’t seem likely to attack or hurt him in anyway, and he bowed his head down as he took in her words. After she had finished her inspection of him she spoke again, her voice calm and comforting. As he took in what she said his defensive pose relaxed and his thoughts turned from the difficulties associated with his decision to the good that might come out of it. That had always been the way with him really, he could spend ages agonizing over a single decision but once the decision was made he remained faithful to it through thick or thin. The female’s answer assured him, that in his search for a new pack, Ichika was the most alike his old pack and would most likely offer him the sense of connection and belonging that he had once had and lost.

As these thoughts raced through Alonso’s head, his entire body relaxed and he raised his head to answer the she-wolf. “I have searched far and wide for a pack like yours and I am absolutely certain that there can be no other pack for me. I seek a simple life, with family and friends, and will not shy away from hard work. This is all my heart wants and hopes eagerly that it may get to experience such a life yet.”

Word Count : 273
[html]

ooc: OMG! ATTACK OF THE SHORTPOSTS!

At times such as these, she was grateful for the training endured as an Exultare. While her Shepard had encouraged her to take actions above words, she was also taught to look beyond the words and hear the voice that uttered them. She believed her perception of an individual to be keen, but flawed as any other. But she encouraged herself to push beyond the projected tones and trust her instinct in reading what resided beyond them.

She could not only hear, but felt the male’s sincerity as he spoke again, assured that the border her straddled led into lands he wanted to call him. There was no forced tone to convince her of this truth, but a call from the heart given and word and life. She was convinced that his conviction was truly that of his heart. Humbly she dipped her head with a smile.

“If this is where you wish to be, then I would be glad to know that these lands are the end of your long journey and that you find peace among us. But I must ask you; why have you wandered at all? Were you not born within a family? Why would you chose to leave them?... or was it not a choice at all?”

000 words.

[/html]
“Were you not born within a family?” The female wolf’s word pierced right through Alonso’s heart and he fought the desire to turn away and run. “Sometimes bad things happen to good wolves” he said shortly and prepared to leave it there. All the memories and the hurt and the pain that Alonso had managed to bury deep inside him threatened to come rushing out in a flood of tears. He was not sure how the female would react to a stranger howling on her doorstep so he decided to keep his answer short and simple.

It was as he finished the sentence though that he remembered the wolf’s previous words “so long as you heart is willing to be open.” He sensed that the wolf asked out of a desire to protect her own pack and family and not out vulgar nosiness. He sighed and continued before the wolf could question him further. “I grew up in Northern Mexico, in a very traditional pack. Food was aplenty and life was good. One day the area was attacked by tribe of Luperci and my pack was decimated. No one survived but me.”

Curiously, the minute Alonso finished his story he felt a sense of peace descend upon him. His ears, which had flopped down as he told his story, began to perk up a little and he continued speaking. “With nothing left for me in Mexico, I turned away to explore new lands and waters. I found myself in Nova Scotia a few months ago and have fallen in love with the beauty of this place. ”
[html]

ooc:

Her ears were no strangers to tales of loss, though her heart was something different all together. Unlike the male before her, it had not suffered the true break of loss, as she had once thought. The loss of a family, a whole community was a devastation she had never had to endure, nor could she ever imagine having to suffer through it. But since her youth she had heard of it but always from a distance as her Shepard and those of the other families appraised any new wandering soul that sought the refuge and safety of the Nomads. She would listen to their tales, often ones of suffering a loss or need to escape. Some with bounties, other hopeless with death as their only option. She had witnessed the pain and desperation in their eyes and feared seeing the like within these stranger’s eyes. While she had no qualm with his desire to make a home for himself here, she did not want the pack to suffer so soon a loss from one who had last hope and wanted to die.

But while he looked depressed from his explanation, she could see nothing by his language that suggested a forfeit of his life. If anything, he looked to be clinging to it and that again was a positive sign the woman was glad to see. But her nerves were a little rattled by what caused the death of his family, and she felt it was better to have it addressed now then find out later he harbored a resentment.

“It is true that tragedy touches those that do not deserve it, but I must know if you carry a hatred for those that killed your family.” She felt her own ears down at the callous, authoritative tone of her voice, wanting nothing more than to come off as kind as she intended. She lowered her ears and head to convey this harmless intent. “Ichika houses a non-infected wolf… but I feel it is necessary to mention that nearly the whole of us are made up of Luperci of mixed ethnicities and backgrounds. I ask for their safety and for your own comfort if you have ill fillings toward them.”

371 words.

[/html]
Alonso could see the expressions on the females face change as quickly as the passing seasons. As he told her his story she appeared deeply moved and he could clearly see the pity etched on her face. She then appeared curious and studied him carefully as though making up her mind about something. As he finished his story she looked worried and as she started to speak she switched to a more apologetic tone. The changes were enough to drive Alonso to a tizzy trying to figure out what she was thinking!

It was only when she spoke that he realized her cause for concern. Actually Alonso was a little relived by her words. He wasn't aware if there were any tests or challenges that he might have to complete before being accepted by the pack and to have to only answer such a simple question was infinitely simpler. Alonso lost no time in trying to reassure her otherwise. “Not all dear lady. As a cub I was always taught to never paint the world or its people with the same colours. Even in Mexico, before the attack on my pack, there had been many Luperci that passed through the lands. They were always welcome guests in our pack and I have had many an interesting conversation or fun game with them.” He thought for a few minutes on what more to say, trying to make her understand, before continuing on again. “Even on my arrival here at Nova Scotia I have found it to be much the same. While I would be lying if I said that every Luperci I met was friendly, I could also say the same for many natural wolves. And most of the Luperci that I have met here have been very friendly and helpful in showing me the area.” Alonso attempted to convey the sincerity of his thoughts through his words as he finished by saying “Rest assured I harbor no grudge against the species as a whole.”

Word Count: 334
[html]

ooc:

As he spoke, she only listened to his words no longer analyzing his movement or his tone, convinced that what would come from him was sincerity and truth, and that was all she needed to hear. At the end of her question she had grown tense with worry, yet the anxiety had long since dispelled as he spoke his truth and assured her there was nothing to fear. But she would have been a fool not to caring a slight suspicion which remained carefully veiled by a kindly smiled.

“Then I have but one question for you,” she said at last, perhaps the only question that carried any weight in the decision that permitted him sanctuary and a home. “Have you ever taken another’s life? Be it out of retribution or vengeance… have you taken a kindred’s life from this world?”

000 words.

[/html]
OOC: Going for a short post here!

Alonso smiled slightly as he answered her question. The question in itself contained no humor; indeed it was an issue that carried a great deal of weight. The cause of his mirth lay in the improbability of his ever killing anyone. While his present form may cause some wolves to assume aggressiveness, the truth was that before his journey to Ichika Alonso had been one of the most calm and submissive wolves in the pack.

“I have never killed or maimed anyone” he assured the female. “Indeed while in Mexico I was barely a fighter at all. The fun and frolic of friendship and games is all I was ever involved in and perhaps the necessary chore of hard work whenever time permitted.” He settled down comfortably and waited for the female to pronounce her decision.
[html]

ooc:

"Then if these words are indeed true, I ask that you recite these words after me;

'I am a Alonso, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life."

000 words.

[/html]
OOC: Eep!

There was a strange feeling in Alonso’s heart as the golden wolf recited the pledge. It was a feeling of pride and happiness and part of him wanted to roll over and start wagging his tail. But he had a sneaking suspicion that that wouldn’t go with the seriousness of the moment.

He inhaled deeply and intoned after the female “I am Alonso. I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life.” As he finished the oath, he bowed down deeply in front of the wolf. "Thank you" he said, attempting to convey some of the immense gratefulness he felt in his heart. "I will do my best not to disappoint you."
Until I can find the formal acceptance thingy feel free to play withing InH. When you are ready for your Initiation task, feel free to find xy for the task or I can send you your task OOCly and you can find someone to help you fulfill it.
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!