Not Friend
[html]

Word Count :: +000

OOC Jan 19

Dalgina was playing in the woods just outside her house. Tromping through the snow she tackled what she perceived as ferocious monsters, and drew in the snow. She tracked the different patterns the animals made, often trying to make her own versions of it, though they all came out looking like little paws. It sent her pouting until she caught sight of a new animal she'd never seen before. Her tail wagged happily at the sight. Maybe it was someone she could be friends with!

Dalgina had never seen a marten before. It's beady eyes and long body looked pretty fun to Dalgina. Whining softly she pawed towards it, asking it to play. The strange creature stared at her, sharp teeth sticking out. Dalgina giggled and reached out again, only to have it fly at her. Dalgina screamed in fear as it bit her. Madly she tried to shake it off, tears streaming down her face. She'd just wanted to play with it! Why had it attacked her?

Dalgina Wolfe-Denahlii

Table by Alex

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Rouge+Script);
.Dal { background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad211/Vayre/dal.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right top; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#60c1f4; width:480px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:275px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Dal b {color:#B666D2; font-weight:bold; }
.Dal p { color:#ffffff; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.Dal p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.Dal .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:50px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; }
.Dal .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Dal .Name { font-family: Rouge Script; font-size:40px;font-color:#ffffff; text-align: center; padding: 10px 0px 30px 0px}
;
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

News of the festival put her in an excitable mood, but not so much to keep her from her daily rounds. With the sun still at its morning peak, gradually drifting toward its afternoon height, X’yrin was able to trek purposefully through the territory without worry that too much time had been gone out of the day. The mental schedule that needed to be adhered to was a light load for the day, little more than catering to the Ranch to ensure the Ma-Tzu was well taken care of and assisting where needed.

A light load gave her ample time to think about what to collect for the festival. What did she have around that she could sell? With the collection of furs sitting unused in the recess of their den, perhaps they were fetch something nice in exchange. But what she wanted in return, she didn’t know. The act of bartering was never an interest to her, rather giving away to those that were in need was enough of a compensation to bring a smile to her face. But while that may have sufficed her in the past she was not only living for herself now, but for the family she cared for. For Saul and Nayru, and of course her mate. Perhaps something would look of interest to her when they arrived at the grounds. Surely with so expansive of a collection of merchants and patrons, something would bear interest to her. She need only wait and see.

While she was content to wander in thought strolling along the side of the black road that tread along the Denalli-Wolfe home, a scream stirred her from her thoughts. Immediately her hackles rose in alarm as her ears darted forward in search of the voice. The frightened squeaks brought her running into the sparse line of the woods. And immediately to a helpless… albeit humorous sight. When her mind had made her think something of an attack has happening within the woods, the sight before her was anything but. Rather, it was an attack of a different kind, dealt as a lesson for a curious pup. As the woman gave her heart a moment to settle she strode in lengthy strides toward the frantic pup and the creature attached to her hide. By her standards, a harmless marten… but to the pup, a painful nightmare better to be rid of.

Hovering above the two, she swept an arm down to snatch the long vermin by his tail and hold it still. In fright in released the innocent pup but not before turning his fangs on his capture, gnawing at her fingers in the hopes of being set free, but her hold was firm and the creature so was irrefutably small. Ignoring his wriggling and helpless barks, she turned her curious amber eyes to the little pup to assess her damage. “Are you alright?” she asked kindly, reaching out her unoccupied hand to beckon the child over so she could better see if she was injured. “Did it bite you hard?”

510 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Spinning round and around Dalgina tried to free herself from the mean creature. It's hard teeth remained fastened to her body though, causing the pup to let out wails of pain. It seemed like forever, the pain and the marten. Dalgina's puppy teeth snapped uselessly at the air, unable to reach the creature. A change finally came though, and the teeth were released from her flesh. Hopelessly Dalgina sat on the ground, whimpering with her ears flat against her head. That had hurt a lot. Dalgina didn't like it.

A voice called her, and Dalgina looked up to see a huge towering wolf she'd never seen before standing, holding the marten. Frightened by the sight Dalgina mistook it as the one who had told the marten to hurt her before she crouched down, calling Dalgina over. Her ears slowly returned to standing up, though they kept flicking back as she watched the marten. It bit me. It's not my friend! Dalgina turned, showing off what she thought was a very great and terrible wound, though really it was just bleeding a little bit from two punctures.

Dalgina Wolfe-Denahlii

Table by Alex

<style>
.Dal { background-image:url(http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad211/Vayre/dal.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:right top; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#60c1f4; width:480px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:275px 0px 0px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px soli #000000}
.Dal .wc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:50px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; }
.Dal .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Dal .Name { font-family: Rouge Script; font-size:40px;font-color:#ffffff; text-align: center; padding: 10px 0px 30px 0px}
;
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The feisty creature was becoming more of a nuisance as the seconds ticked on. Though she had no reason to kill it outright, there was neither a purpose to release it back into the wild to cause more trouble. Despite the circumstances, it was fortunate that she found the pup and this irritant of an animal. While the creature itself as useless, offering little more than a morsel of a meal, its pelt was usable, especially one with a white pelt as the one in her grasp.

Shifting her attention from the pup to the wriggling creature, she swiftly grabbed the struggling creature around its neck then dexterously folded her palm around its head and stuck two fingers down its throat to block its air. When the little beast went into fits, she returned her gaze to the little dark pup to look over her bleeding wound. “Oh dear…” her ears fell back with sympathy as she voiced a whine of concern. “That looks like it hurts. You were very brave for enduring that pain little one. Would you like me to make it better? Or do you want me to take you home?” It perhaps would have been better to take the pup back to Jace before her mother wondered about her whereabouts and at least cleanse the wound to make it sterile. But while it seemed only natural to pursue the courses, the Nomad was left patiently waiting for the pup’s decision, reluctant to take action in the fear it would overstep some boundary between herself and Jace. While she cared for the woman as a friend, X’yrin had learned that some parental lines were better left uncrossed unless asked to otherwise.

In her palm the marten continued to struggle in valiant attempts to bite and scratch his way out of that calloused prison, wriggling its body around in the hopes of prying itself out of the female’s hold and breathe the free air again. But pitted against a power greater than his own, his efforts were admirable, but futile and as his gasps for air were blocked by thick claws, his body no longer struggled and eventually fell limp in her hold, twitching faintly as the last of his life trickled away in a thin clumps of excrement in the snow. As if she hadn’t noticed the animal’s death at all, she continued to smile kindly at the child.

402 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Already forgetting the pain Dalgina watched the creature squirm in the big wolf's hands. It was having problems. Her attention moved back to the stranger as she was complimented for her bravery. Her chest puffed up slightly, the screaming and wailing forgotten. She had been very brave, fighting against the bad creature. It couldn't hurt her now though! It was lifted up into the air, and Dalgina could watch it move around all it wanted without being hurt. The fits it was throwing was a little weird, but Dalgina figured that was just it doing what the creature did.

Dalgina's brow furrowed as she thought about the offer. Her paws scuffed at the snow as she thought about the answer. Deciding that she liked the big wolf Dalgina looked up, tail wagging happily. Make better. You're pretty. How you get so big? Dalgina danced around her, looking up with excitement. The wound still twinged a little, though the bleeding had stopped. Her worries forgotten Dalgina's tail wagged happily.

Dalgina Wolfe-Denahlii

Table by Alex

<style>
;
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Slight PP of Dalgina to get her cleaned up. Let me know if you'd like me to change anything.

With the marten no longer a cause for concern, she set the furry creature down at her feet to devote her full attention to the curious pup. Slowly she brought herself to a cross-legged sit in front of the brave tyke and reached out to pick her up and set on her leg for easier access. She lowered her head down to the wound and nudged it to test its tenderness before carefully dragging her tongue along the wound. With the girl’s body being so small, the punctures were cleaned and free of blood in a matter of a few short minutes leaving the wound clotted and on its way to healing. It was the best she could do with that she was given, but hopefully it would be enough to ease her pain until her mother had a better look at her.

“There we are,” she announced then gave the pup an endearing lick between the ears. “It feels better?” Hearing the girl’s compliment caused her smile to turn bashful and her ears fell back as she was touched by a bout of shyness. “Well thank you,” she quietly laughter. “But you are prettier than I am. I was told I looked my Shepard, my father, and he was a very big wolf. Much bigger than I am.” She raised an unoccupied hand far above her head to symbolize the difference of height between her and her parent. It was not much of an exaggeration, but well enough for the little one to understand. “And his mate was big as well,” her arm inched down a little to show her mother’s height in comparison to her own. “They are the reason I am so big. But it was because of his mate that I look the way I do. I bet that when you grow you will look like your mother and father as well. Right now, you look like your father… butmore adorable.”

325 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Dalgina was scooped up by the giant and deposited on her leg. Dalgina whined a little as the wound was prodded, stinging her slightly. That hurt. Dalgina twisted her head around to watch as the big female began to slowly lick it. Each time it stung a little, bringing a tiny whimper from the pup. She tried to hold still, clinging to the words of being called brave. Dalgina wasn't really all that brave though. Something had happened, and she'd flown into a panic. She wondered if she would still be liked if the wolf realized that.

The cleaning at last stopped, allowing Dalgina to settle down more comfortably. More than anything she just wanted to go ingali now, but she couldn't. Not yet at least. She just needed a little rest first. Dalgina nodded her head at the question, nuzzling into the fur. She was warm and safe now, though it might be a little while before she ventured outside on her own again. Dalgina would wait for Keldava next time. Keldava was much braver, always plunging after things.

Dalgina listened to her explanation quietly, her mind working on it. So her gjiskala were the reason why she was so big. Maybe that meant Dalgina could be big too. After all, she thought Papa was pretty tall. Her eyes widened at the description of the giant wolf. That was scary big! Dalgina pictured a horse standing next to the giant wolf, almost the same size. Yes, that was very big indeed. Her tail wagged happily at the comment. That's as big as a horse! The small puppy still hadn't seen a real horse, though Saul had described them to her, giving her a funny goat wolf cross in her mind.

Dalgina Wolfe-Denahlii

Table by Alex

<style>
;
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

X’yrin knew her tongue wasn’t the softest, but she had grown a little uncomfortable when the pup squirmed while trying to suppress the whimpers of pain. She hadn’t been tending to the wound long, but it was more than long enough for the little one to have to endure pain. She was surprised the little one hadn’t wailed her head off, no doubt trying to keep the front of bravery in the face of pain. It was a commendable quality… a warrior quality, one that wouldn’t be ignored in the future.

But when she was finished the girl was fine and cheery again, attempting to nuzzle whatever warmth she could steal away from the large body of radiating heat. She smiled fondly at her girl finding her actions and her blatant curiosity an endearing sight.

“As big as a horse?” she echoed with an excited inflexion. “You might be right. But I have seen some pretty big horses. Have you seen the big black horse in the stables? Or the big blue one that roams around?” She was of course referring to Saluce’s shire Charlemagne and Razekiel’s blue roan, both notorious for showing their impressive weights around accompanied with unique personalities fitted to their temperaments. While the beasts of burden might have proved interesting and useful to others, to the Nomad they were nothing more than meat with horrible tempers. Every day was a test of keeping herself at bay from them, less something inexcusable transpired. If her control slipped even once, not kind of apology would be enough to account for her actions.

Thinking about the beast caused her maw to salivate, but the ravenous urge was calmed by the little pup occupying her leg. “They belong to some of our friends in the pack,” she swallowed in the midst of continuing. “And there are smaller ones too. Some that even you would be as big as one day. Maybe bigger!”

322 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Dalgina wagged her tail as the wolf talked to her about horses. They were huge, but they also came in funny colors. Black she could understand, being black herself, but a blue horse just sounded silly. Dalgina giggled lightly at the idea, her tail wagging slowly. She pressed her paws into the female as she talked about them belonging to the pack, a word that Dalgina was just beginning to understand. As far as Dalgina could grasp, it had to do with all the canines smelling the same, but that was as far as her understanding went. Saul was an exception, since he smelled different but was still pack.

Hearing that Dalgina could be as big as a horse she shook her head. No. Horses are gigantic! I'm tiny! Picturing herself as big as a horse was too large a stretch for the sweet puppy, despite her vivid imagination. She could picture herself quite big, and even maybe standing on two legs like her mahn did. The future was still a hazy mess to the dreamer though, something along the lines of being more of the same of what she always did.

Dalgina Wolfe-Denahlii

Table by Alex

<style>
;
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Would you say to a couple more posts and then she takes her back home?

She had hoped that her little comparison would give the pup something to hope to grow toward, but as it stood the little one was more perceptive than she gave her credit for. But then, this was only her first encounter with the little one away from her mother’s protective gaze. Smiling, she gently placed a massive paw atop the little one’s head then brought the same paw to her own with an inquisitively raised brow. “I suppose you are a little small…” she affirmed after her ‘measurement’ between the two of them. “But it won’t stay like that for long,” the woman assured her. “By this time the following year, you will be much bigger, maybe your mother’s size, or bigger.”

Knowing now that the girl had some concept of size, there was no point attempting to give her something ridiculous to aspire toward. The likelihood of reaching her height was nil at best. If anything she would perhaps be a little taller than her mother and just as capable if she followed the direction of her caregiver. The Nomad could see that the little one had potential. It was just a matter of finding the right vein to be rewarded with the riches.

202 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC good for me

Dalgina wriggled happily as the giant paw was placed on her head. She stood still for a moment, feeling the enormous weight behind it, and wondered if she would ever be like that, large hands dwarfing a puppy's head. It seemed unlikely, but it was fun to imagine. Her mind reversed the situation, giving X'yrin dark black fur and the red female the small puppy in her lap. Her grin broadened at the image. Sure, puppy X'yrin still had long red hair (not understanding that it had to do with what shape they were in) and adult Dalgina looked very much like herself, only with the arms and legs of X'yrin, but it still was very nice. The hand moved, shifting to hover above the wolf's own head.

Dalgina's tail wagged as X'yrin talked, opening her eyes wide. Next year was a long ways away for the puppy. She knew that the adults were all older than she was, as old as the hills. They had existed forever, long before Dalgina ever came into existence. A year was so long though, and Dalgina wondered if that meant forever. Changing time wasn't much for the puppy, just beginning to grasp night and day. She understood that it got dark, and she was supposed to sleep and play outside when it was light out. Dalgina hadn't actually felt time pass though. How long's a year?

Dalgina Wolfe-Denahlii

Table by Alex

<style>
;
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Whatever thought held the pup’s interest must have been something of impress to her to make her eyes grow so big and tail to wag that excitedly. She could only imagine what went on in the mind of the child, having only vague glimpses of her own childhood to compare to, but it was entertaining to watch the changes of expression and hear the wonder and curiosity in her voice.

Looking down at her, she tilted her head subtly in thought, envisioning the child not as dark as she was now, but fairly lighter with tinges of an auburn saddle. Or perhaps grey was more fitting… Her head cocked to the other side as she drifted further into this thought, laying the genetic plan that might have been for the children she wished to have. Would they look like her just as she looked like her father? It was only because her mother was nearly the same in complexion that she was birth with little differentiation between her sire. It was her sister that had taken more of their mother’s colorings than she, except for the umber gloves and boots worn by herself and their brother. Just how were the colorings of the litter determined? Was it something dominant that the male carried? Would her children be as dark as Saluce?

The innocent inquiry ripped the woman from her daydream to focus again in on the little one awaiting an answer. “A year?” she repeated, assuring herself that she had heard right before attempting to explain. “Well a year is a very long time for some… but can be very short for others. For you, I’m sure a year will pass very quickly for you. But you will know a year as ended when everything does not look so big to you.” It was the best way she could think of explaining it. Somehow speaking of changing seasons and how many times the sun rose and set did not seem like a conceivable concept to a pup. Perhaps even this concept of time was a stretch…

346 words.

[/html]
[html]

OOC text here

Dalgina's tail wagged lightly as the wolf spoke. She nodded her head rapidly as it was confirmed that yes, she'd asked what a year was. Dalgina didn't feel foolish asking the question, as she had to ask a lot of them to learn. That wasn't the only way to do things, but when it came to concepts like this it was best to ask, or just leave a very confused puppy in their wake. Dalgina understood about things she could touch without asking like prey, even if she was more just batting at them when she saw them leaving them to bolt and understood it better as the meals placed before her.

The answer given was very easy for Dalgina to understand. Her tail wagged happily. So when everything was smaller a whole year had passed. Dalgina didn't know how long she'd have to wait for that to happen, but she knew that she'd already gotten a little bigger. It was no longer a giant battle to wade through the blankets in the nursery anymore after all, and even if she did still fall asleep after a big trip what defined one was changing. She was no longer exhausted after just coming out of the house for a few minutes. That meant she was getting bigger, so maybe it would take no time at all! Happily she licked the hand. Tired from the attack Dalgina curled up in the lap and closed her eyes. Thank you. Those were her last words as she began to drift off.

Dalgina Wolfe-Denahlii

Table by Alex

<style>
;
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

No doubt in the attempt to shake off her assailant as well as the multitude of questions, the little one had tuckered herself out perhaps without even realizing it. She smiled as the little one curled into her lap, making herself comfortable before drifting off to sleep.

X’yrin was left in quite a predicament, unable to move right away with the child just now finding sleep. So she waited patiently in the snow for a little time to pass before the cold against her rear compelled her to rise, gathering both the child and marten in her arms. She was careful in her steps so as not to jar the little girl awake when she had only just gone to sleep. But they were swift, crossing the snowy distance in great strides toward the human home where the child’s mother awaited.

[End Thread]

000 words.

[/html]