Something Just for You
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Jan. 22nd Anyone can join at anytime. This thread will go on from the late morning after the shop is set up, til the late afternoon. The Inventory can be found HERE. First Come, First Serve.

There was little time to waste and so much to be done, or rather to the frantic mind of the female there was more than a fair amount to get accomplished before the afternoon set. Against her wanted to explore the expansive market of the Festival, she took it upon herself to set the shop shared by her and her mate. It was not by luck but by perseverance that they were able to procure a stand and for the duration of their stay, make it their own.

While Saluce was off making his way around the shops looking at their items for trade and sell, X’yrin had elected to stay behind and set up their own items in the hopes to attract attention. What they brought wasn’t much in variety but was well kept and in the case of her inventory, was well managed and groomed. The furs were aligned tastefully out for display, keeping them organized by their color and animal while some of the more complimenting weapons were placed either on top or nearby. As for the Nomad, she placed herself to sit directly in front of the stall grabbed in nothing but her own skin and an assortment of feathers woven through her single French braid laid over her shoulder to rest in her lap.

After what felt like a considerable amount of time, the heard the rush of wings and felt a gentle nip on her ear. Without needing to look behind her, she leaned forward a little to give her companion room enough to settle on her shoulder before she reclined back at leisure and watched the market patrons drift by. Truth be told, she didn’t know where to begin when it came to managing a stall, let alone trying to persuade others to buy what she had. But she was patient and more than willing to learn. So she watched the interactions between customer and vendor, carefully observing how they bartered and traded. There was some art to it, she learned. Something more complicated than trading one item for another. Based on the customer’s need and amount to trade would increase or decrease and sometimes things were given away as a ‘special’. It was quite exciting to watch as she became more enthralled with the idea, and hoped soon she would be able to test her innate skill (or lack thereof) for herself. But what she needed now, was a customer of interest…

410 words.

[/html]
Sorry for lack of table, any spelling errors, and issues with length. I'm... Not the best at posting typically.

Insomnia wandered around the market curiously, wondering idly what would compel people to give away their belongings without precedence. Of course, they would be receiving items in trade, so it rather made sense. Armsaim snuggled comfortably around the pale's shoulders and purred quietly. The cat seemed less an animal, more a warm wrap as she napped and didn't move. Insomnia herself was comfortably clothed in a long woolen cape, in a deep purple color that she secretly adored.
In her hands, she carried a simple leather backpack carrying various things she had found and thought were valuable enough for trade. Maybe, she thought, if she became skilled at trading, she would make a living of it. Perhaps join the merchants who created this festival, or travel around herself. She could do it, easily. Smiling, the red-eyed woman surveyed the crafts and items available when an orderly stall caught her eye. It was different from the others, as they were controlled chaos. Not set up for the ease of viewing for the customer, but set in a way only the trader understood.
Looking at the wares, Insomnia nodded to the vendor, a woman with a long French braid. The wares were mainly furs, some weaponry and tidbits. Insomnia knew that her life as a loner would require furs, and as she touched some, she knew she would trade for some. "I have items, items I can give for these furs. Shiny things. And scarves, and other things."
The woman almost dumped her bag out on the table for the womanly her woman to look through, but decided at the last second it would be a bad idea.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Any particular colors for the scarves?

The first thing she learned very quickly when it came to sells was to pay attention to what was going on around her. Not just with the other venders, but with her personal space as well. Her mind was so far gone on its own random course, that had it not been for her companion roughly nipping her ear, she would have missed the oddly colored jackal (as far as she could tell) coming toward her. She leapt in place and lifted her head as the female came nearing and stared more at the feline draped around her neck than what she could have had to trade. But she was certainly made aware of it, when the contents of her bag spilled on top of the stand, furs and metal now covered with colored scarves and trinkets.

“Oh my…” X’yrin murmured in awe as she finally brought herself to stand to look at the assorted items now covering her own. From what she observed, several traders tried not to do something like this, hardly ever showing anything unless asked for it. But maybe this was something new, she wondered. A more efficient way to barter? It certainly gave her a means to look at the articles and assess them, most looking odd and not of interest. But the fine woven cloth she did notice with some interest and as her patron had done for her, she reached out to gently caress the slick fabric, smiling as the cloth ran through her fingers like liquid. It felt strange, but looked very pretty.

“You are more than welcome to my furs,” she welcomed with a smile, initiating the trade without truly realizing it. “This cloth is very pretty…” she took two of the scarves, one a glacier blue that reminded the female of the snowy she-wolf Kiara, and another colored ocher that bore a striking resemblance in color to the mother of four, Jace. While she saw no reason to have the cloth for herself, perhaps they could make better use of them. She draped the scarves over her shoulder then dug underneath the buried pile for a particular fur she felt was worth the effort. She freed a large badger hide from the pile as well as a small marten fur. “Would this do? You may try it on if you'd like to feel it's warmth.” She inquired, hoping the items would be enough. As a last thought, she reached into her mane and withdrew a speckled feather then placed it on top to make the set complete.

427 words.

[/html]
Various assorted colors c: pretty much any of the rainbow.

Insomnia watched through red eyes as the woman poked through her things and selected two scarves, one an icy blue and the other a lovely ochre. The female inwardly smiled; the trade was started and the woman appeared hooked with the scarves. As she started to put things back in her bag, the furs of badger and marten were pulled out and displayed. Briefly forgetting her packing, the purple-garbed woman took the furs and felt them, then draped them over her shoulders -- much to Armsaim's disdain. As the cat hissed, the jackayote hissed back in response. Removing the fur, Insomnia nodded. "It is very nice furs. Thank you."
But as she packed her things up completely, the pale noticed a rather fine knife. She picked it up and held it carefuly, then glanced at the woman. "Is there anything I am having that is worth this?" she asked, gesturing towards the bag. There might be something that was worth the knife. The jackayote was sure of it, though her surety was based on the fact she really wanted the dagger.
[html]

ooc:

While she was fine to continue trading after the success of her first attempt, she was a little more than apprehensive about trading away the wares of her mate. The woman had grown uncomfortable at the expressed interest of the dagger, knowing that as unique as the baubles in the hybrid’s possession were, there were hardly anything that would appease the wants of her mate. Perhaps this would be her second lesson in the act of bartering; having to turn down an offer.

Hesitantly, a deep brown palm extended upright for the dagger, lingering expectantly for the weight of the metal to set on it. Her ears were drawn back to convey the sincerity of her sadness for having to deny a trade, but her muzzle was firmly set with no room for bartering. “I am sorry,” she uttered quietly. “But while I would continue to trade as many furs as you’d like, I cannot trade that with you. Your items are unique, but a little more so than what we are looking for. Perhaps if you knew of other materials you could trade for worth the value of this dagger, my mate and I would be more than willing to oblige you.” But when she did not know the worth of the finely crafted dagger herself, how was she supposed to gauge what was worth the exchange? All she had to go on was what her mate was looking for. And scarves and toys were none of them. But perhaps an idea would point the female in the right direction.

“We are looking for precious materials if you know where to find them. Leather, gold… unset metal. Items we could use to better our profession. But… if you could find another weapon and wanted it reinforced-“ that was what Saluce had called it, right? “-we could provide that service for you.”

312 words.

[/html]