Hot Northern Blood
[html]

OOC Feb 2?

Terra wandered away from the festival, trying to put some distance between herself and the disaster she'd created. Terra hadn't realized the guy had a mate, and he'd been flirting right back, intoxicated by her scent. It was only once her mate showed up that Terra realized how bad the mistake was. Taking to her heels Terra fled the festival, returning to her more normal lupine form instead of the optime form she'd been using to move through the festival.

Without realizing it Terra was drifting back in the direction where she'd last heard Shandom being spotted. Terra was confident he wasn't in the new pack, as they'd told her as much. She didn't feel like dealing with them again either, so she hoped he hadn't joined since she'd been there. Instead she walked through the snow, trying to cool her body and disguise the heated scent coming off her. No amount of snow worked though, as she left a blazing trail behind her. Giving up Terra flopped to the ground, looking behind her. She just wanted it to stop. It was exhausting. It would be so much easier if she just let her instincts take over. Then again, that's what had happened. It was the ones that didn't follow their instincts that were making everything so complicated. Grumbling to herself Terra settled in deeper.

Let the night take you away

<style>
.terraheat .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.terraheat-header {font-size:20px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"MONOTYPE CORSIVA", sans-serif; color:#DF0101; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.terraheat p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.terraheat b {color:#DF0101; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.terraheat {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... mjgx-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFBF00; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.terraheat-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.terraheat .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 386 :: sorry for the delay, bria! I should be faster now (:

Since the conception of New Dawn, Shandom hadn't been much for wandering outside its borders. Certainly, the alabaster male had flitted to the outskirts every now and then, a quiet sentinel in the place he now called home, but the previously wandering male no longer saw much necessity to venture into the unclaimed lands. Before, in the Court of Miracles, Shandom went there to escape the strange reality of the place he had called home. Once there, he would shed the bipedal form that was encouraged for the four legs he craved; it was a sense of freedom to be away from the constricting borders. It was not to say the man harbored any ill wishes towards the southern canines; they took in the scarred man without question, and never bothered him about his past.

At the same time though, that was beyond strange. Why wouldn't the leaders of the pack question a wolf with such a clear history as his? Shandom had never seen the leaders, though, except for brief passings in the Hotel. He assumed it was the way of the pack, or perhaps a result of the end of the Aniwayan conflict. Either way, it had been yet another reason for Shandom to seek out his own fortune, thus leading him to New Dawn. It was hard for him to sever ties with packs, and he still thought of the few friends he had in the Court frequently, but he would not deny that his new pack was exactly where he belonged.

But he'd been suffering from a bout of cabin fever, and so the white man decided to wander for a day or two. It would be a short journey, and perhaps he'd bring back some rabbits for the pack to assure them he wasn't abandoning anything. His walking was aimless until he caught a familiar scent mixed with....oh sweet lord, heat, and trotted to it. Shandom was relieved to see his friend Terra flopped on the ground, though he found it rather strange that she smelled like sex. He wasn't sure he liked it, but he let a wide smile curl across his lips and his tail wag eagerly. Terra! he barked, his low voice laced with happiness to see his young friend. Terra, how are you! It's been so long, friend.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... oredav.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:230px; height:186px; float:right; margin:2px; }

.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

art by james, code provided by the mentors!

[/html]
[html]

OOC no worries. forgot i had this thread and didn't send the link

A familiar voice filled the air, and Terra twisted around. There, looking better than before, was Shandom. Her tail thumped the ground happily, all worries cleared away. Whining she hoisted herself out of the snow, trotting over to where he was. She rubbed against him happily, enjoying the feel with contentment before talking. I feel great. Got into some trouble though. Came out to clear my head. Terra grinned at Shandom happily, the problems at the festival already fading away. It had been so long since she'd seen him, and Terra had changed. She'd grown up a lot, especially considering how she was ready for a mate and puppies now.

With that thought in mind Terra realized that Shandom was very much male. He was older, but he also had a rugged build to him, promising strength. He'd survived on his own, and even if the scars talked about how close he'd been to dying, he had survived. Terra rubbed against him happily, tail held high. I was worried you'd died out here. Knew you were tough, but that didn't seem to stop me. She grinned up at him playfully, her ears fully erect as she playfully challenged him to knock her down a notch.

<style>
.terraheat-header {font-size:20px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"MONOTYPE CORSIVA", sans-serif; color:#DF0101; text-shadow:#4C2D11 0px 0px 5px;}
.terraheat {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... mjgx-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFBF00; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.terraheat .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 234 :: ....yeah i suck.

The male was wagging his tail eagerly, a huge, goofy grin across his face. It was slightly uncomfortable for the much older man when Terra rubbed herself against him; she smelled like sex and vitality, something he did not typically associate with the young coyote. Her youth was still evident in her eagerness, but there was something about the subtle curves of her body that appealed to Shandom, and he had to suppress a deep, primal growl of longing when she so blatantly rubbed herself against him. But the older man would not do anything; he was much past the age where stuff like that was acceptable. Terra was a child, and would always be a child in the man's eyes. How strange.

The younger girl jokd about getting into trouble, and Shandom laughed genially, a deep and rich sound that echoed through the winter air. You silly girl. What'd you do? Shandom wasn't surprised the Court member was getting herself into all sorts of mischief; it was her inherent nature, and he supposed he could appreciate that. Not many things made the white man laugh, but this little coyote, this little girl - she was one of them. She was someone he could, shockingly, count as a friend. When she express concern as to whether or not he'd actually lived, the male laughed again - of course he had! The impish girl seemed to be begging for some fun, so the white male attempted to knock up against her, using his greater body mass to send the smaller female tumbling into the snow. I think you forget that I'm a strong guy, Miss Terra! Shandom laughed, wagging his tail playfully. I lived on my own for quite some time. Nothing could get me!

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... oredav.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:230px; height:186px; float:right; margin:2px; }

.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

art by james, code provided by the mentors!

[/html]
[html]

OOC

Terra widened her eyes, feigning innocence. She really was innocent of seeking out trouble this time, but she could definitely play it up. I don't know what you're talking about. Her tail wagged eagerly as Shandom laughed. Terra missed his presence. No one else in the pack except the pups ran around on all four like she did. Terra did use her optime form, and eagerly, but just running around on four legs was something she could appreciate, and enjoyed with all her heart, snapping at the prey as it ran and calling to the moon. She'd grown never expecting to shift, letting it become a deep root of her, even as she adapted to what was around her.

Shandom pushed at Terra playfully, shoving her into the snow. Digging out she dipped her head down, flinging snow at him. Big and strong? I don't know about that. You seem like a normal old wolf to me. Terra bounced forward, attempting to tackle the larger male. He was so much bigger than her, and probably had a lot more experience at such things than her. These things never stopped her though. Terra always pressed on, no matter how big the odds, laughing and enjoying herself.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I say we make this a nice, short thread? I don't want to get too backdated. D: I'm sorry!! I can spree until like 12:30 WC: 340

The male hadn't laughed like this in a while, and he enjoyed it. Deep, rich laughter spilled from between his normally serious lips, and an eager smile lit up the scarred face like a candle. It was interesting, seeing the stress fall away from Shandom like a too-warm jacket: the man could be handsome again, and appear almost youthful. It was his darkest fear that he appear older than he truly was - he had been lucky enough to have a second chance, of sorts, when the virus entered his body and gave him a bit more of childhood. But by any stature the man was growing older, and the moments of childlike fun were now fewer and further between. Terra reminded him of what it was like sometimes with Lea, when simple play was the only thing necessary. Plus, he found her particularly attractive right now. A young seductress, too juvenile to touch, but just tempting enough to enjoy with his eyes.

Oh, the problems of a lady killer!

His rather poetic thoughts were interrupted by a blast of snow to the face, and Shandom, whose mouth had been open, coughed a choking bark to get the unpleasantly cold stuff out of his mouth. But it did not damper his spirits, and he kept a friendly smile on his ruined face. The older New Dawn wolf sunk into a deep play bow, wagging his tail eagerly behind him before he was, most unfortunately, tackled by Terra. For a moment the two were tangled before Shandom realized exactly how quickly it could get out of hand, and he leaped away, shaking himself free of the snow that clung to his fur. You are little minx, aren't you, girl? he laughed. I suppose you showed me, pushing a poor old man to the ground. His voice was mockingly serious and his face adopted an overly sad, forlorn expression before it broke into a grin as he turned to run at his little friend, hoping to, in turn, knock her back into the snow.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02-box {width:239px;height:244px;float:right;}
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#be6232; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.freebfeb02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0s2wh.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7d8890; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7d8890; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

OOC sure

Their bodies tangled together, entwined, and Terra could feel Shandom's heart beating next to hers. He was so amazing in that moment, strong and powerful. Her head was almost lost in that beat of time, letting the desire rush through her. She wanted nothing more than to mate, again and again, filling with pups. The instincts that guided her turned into a weapon, making her nothing more than a slave to them, built to fill it's desire.

Luckily Shandom untangled himself from her, leaving her panting slightly as she tried to clear her head. Terra couldn't possibly be considering what she was thinking about. Shandom was her friend, and far too old for her to think about in that way. He could be her grandfather! His words had Terra whipping around, a bright grin on her face. Her tail wagged wildly, only to find herself pushed over by the more powerful wolf, shoved into the snow. Laughing Terra pawed at the air, flipped onto her back. Poor old man my tail! Pinning down a defenseless youngster! Reaching up she licked his muzzle, loving the fact that she could see him again. He was her oldest friend in the lands, and one she hoped to never lose.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
thanks (:WC: 287

Shandom knew it was not necessarily wrong to think of Terra as a sexual object. Though he never had before, he saw his Alpha, Zalen, consider Titania in such a way, and while the white man thought it strange he supposed it was only natural. Etienne had always had strict rules upon such subjects as mating, and youth were encouraged to not only mate for life, but to mate only with those who were of a similar age demographic. The difference between older and younger wolves - Terra and Shandom, for example - was deemed far too great, and far too significant. They were at different spots in their lives, and the parity in wisdom would cause for a mismatch. Still, sexually she was just as viable... but the white man forced himself to step away from her as she pawed the air on the ground, though he wasn't uncomfortable with the lick she gave his cheek. That was something friends gave friends, and they were friends, right?

He did not have many of those, but the white wolf was all right with that. Friendship was a difficult burden to bear, and his own friendship was particularly dangerous. Shandom did not wish to bestow that danger upon any innocent creature, Terra included. Still, a small, warm smile slid across his lips as he looked down at the ridiculous girl. It is merely what you deserved, Miss Terra, Shandom smiled, his energy still playful though slightly less so. His tail wagged like a banner in the air and he wondered what she was doing so far north, and decided to ask her. What are you doing all the way up here anyway? This is far from the Court.

<style type="text/css">
.freebfeb02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#be6232; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; }
.havendaddi01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#514739; text-align:center;}
.freebfeb02 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:700px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0s2wh.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #7d8890; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7d8890; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

OOC

Twisting over Terra promptly began a fake sulk. Her cheeky glance would immediately reveal that it wasn't true though. Deserve? I haven't done anything for such a thing, Shandom. Head held high and away Terra pretended to be studying the sky before bounding back to her feet, tail wagging happily. She was never one to get down for long, even if just pretending. There was so much to do, it couldn't be spent wasting away after what she couldn't have, or was punished for, or a whole other myriad of things.

Cocking her head to the side Terra considered the question. There's a big festival going on. All the packs are coming and seeing it. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen! There's so many shiny things, and it's so loud, and they gave us food! I came up here to clear my head from all the noise there and...um...to try and cool down. Sheepishly Terra glanced down. Cooling down was exactly what wasn't happening at the moment.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
thanks (:WC: 274

The little girl was adorable, in a completely sexually perverted way. Shandom hated himself for thinking like that, and forced his thoughts to other, much less appealing things... Like.... The alabaster male struggled, trying to conceive the ugliest wolf possible in his mind. It certainly couldn't be anything female - Terra's intoxicating heat scent had certainly prevented that from working - so he instead settled upon a grizzly old man he'd met in his wanderings as a loner. That man had literally been the ugliest thing he had ever stumbled upon, and it successfully suppressed the New Dawn wolf's libido for long enough to continue to maintain a semi-serious conversation. But the male was visibly strained, and he knew he could not linger here long. Regardless, he had duties to his pack, and he was eager to return.

Terra detailed the goings on in the south, and the white man cocked his head curiously. He hadn't heard of this - perhaps due to the Dawn's isolation, or maybe just their personalities? Or perhaps Zalen and Titania were aware, and Shandom, in his determination to remain as utterly wolfish as possible, had ignored all mentions of such a strange festival. Shandom whined in shock and unhidden dismay - he thought the whole idea of that sounded ridiculous. That's exactly why I came north, the male grumbled. Shiny things. Certainly, precious stones could be shiny, but the whole sound of it was just...unappealing. Regardless, the male tried to keep good humor, and shook his head. It's good that the packs are interacting, though, and on a friendly basis. I wonder Zalen and Titania made an appearance...

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

OOC

Terra grinned at Shandom's clear dismay about the festival. It was pretty overwhelming, even for her. Terra was used to just dealing with her pack, or a handful of strangers at the most. Having so many pressed around her had made her freak out the first day, her instincts screaming the danger that she was in. Once she'd entered her heat though, the festival became a wonderful opportunity to look for a mate, and hopefully find one. There were so many canines there, there had to be at least one that could satisfy her.

She couldn't blame him about the shiny things either. It wasn't for everyone. Terra was just a horrible thief, attracted to all that glittered and was edible. She cocked her head at the wondering. I'm afraid I don't know. I don't keep up too much on what leaders are up to. There's much more interesting things I could be doing. There was one thing she thought she had to warn Shandom about though. Shandom...I know you don't like all the strange stuff, but be careful to stay adaptable. That can kill. She had heard enough stories to know that was true. Maybe Shandom already knew this, but she still felt the need to say it, especially after seeing Augustus unable to deal with something as simple as stairs.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
oocWC: 314

Perhaps he was too old when he first shifted, but Shandom didn't think he'd ever be able to accustom to the lifestyles of those who went to festivals and traded and procured goods. The whole idea of the pack Cercatori d'Arte, from which his Alphess hailed, was strange enough as it was. A pack based on arts and culture and trading... He had thought they were the exceptions, sort of an odd man out in the territory, and yet here he was, entirely incorrect. Apparently the large community of wolves that lived in this strange land had gathered for a sort of trading extravaganza, or something like that. He assumed it was what Terra implied, anyway.

Regardless, Shandom didn't like it. He almost didn't appreciate Terra's warning, either, when she took it upon herself to remind him to be flexible. A small smile, though, instead crawled across his mouth. He'd been told his entire life that he was just a little to rigid, a little to quick to enforce the rules. The lanky man packed quite the punch behind iron jaws, and had always been fast to remind others when it was absolutely necessary they behave, conform, and show some goddamn respect. It was part of what he liked so much about New Dawn. I have seen so much in my life, Miss Terra, that if I weren't adaptable, I would explode. I've chosen to live secluded from things I don't understand, or things I don't seek to understand, and act as my ancestors did. I do not begrudge anyone their curiosity, though, especially little imps like yourself. He winked cheerily at her, tail wagging lazily. Still, I will maintain my distance from things like that. I prefer the basic life that I have lived for the majority of my years. It's easier, this way, and doesn't make me feel like such a clown.

<style type="text/css">
</style> [/html]
[html]

OOC

Terra laughed again, tail wagging. She couldn't dodge any of the titles Shandom hit her with, knowing them all to be true. So you'll leave me to play the fool then? Terra had as much experience with luperci stuff as he did, despite the difference in years. Terra's curiosity constantly pushed her to learn more, though she often looked completely silly when she did that, having no idea how it worked. After all, the first (and only) time she'd worn a shirt Terra had tried to wear it like a cloak, wrapped around her neck.

Gently Terra nudged Shandom. I'm really glad to see you're doing well though. Gave me the fright of my life when I was told no one had seen you around. Almost thought you'd gotten lost in the snow with that white coat of yours. Her words were teasing, but the words of delight were real. Terra could use all the guidance from older canines she could get, still young and unsure of herself.

OOC Ending: Terra and Shandom play around some more before he can't take her smell anymore and departs for her pack, leaving Terra to try and collect her wits and avoid doing anything stupid. She fails

<style>
</style>
[/html]