Define Normal
[html]
Kiara Amarok

Word Count → 280 :: Out of Character text

This time she was prepared. This time, she had something valuable to trade for goods, or at least so she thought. After her unfortunate experience with one of the shop keepers, Kiara had learned that in order to get the pretty things in the tents, you had to give something in return. It was like a pack, Noah had explained. If Kiara wanted something, she needed to have something to give. After observing a few trades, Kiara pretty much got the gist of things. Most canine were trading shiny objects and tools that they had made. Kiara couldn't make anything so she had to go for the next best thing.

Kiara had set out early in the morning in search of something she could trade. After about an hour of wandering around Halifax, the snow wolf had come across a building that was fairly run down. Although it's rotting structure managed to support her weight, anyone who weighed more than Kiara would have made the floor collapse. It was perhaps for that very reason why the house hadn't been looted. Inside the young wolf had come across a tarnished silver necklace. Supported by the thin chain was what looked like a lizard with wings. The intricate design of the dragon was enough that Kiara decided to take the necklace with her. Although it wasn't particularly shiny, perhaps someone might like design.

After returning to the festival, Kiara decided to try her luck in some of the stores. Unfortunately for her, there weren't a lot of things to peak her interest. Most of what the luperci were selling was only valuable to other luperci, and Kiara was a normal wolf. Well, normal in her mind. Kiara walked through the street, her large head swinging from side to side as she looked for something to trade for. The dragon necklace hung from her jaw and swung wildly in the air as her head turned. The only other thing Kiara had on her was the wolf pendant Shiloh had carved for her. This, Kiara would never trade, partially because she couldn't get the thing off. Besides that, it was her treasure and the only thing she had to remember Shiloh and Sarian by. The snow wolf had been devastated when they left and she often wished that her friends would return.

<style type="text/css">
.yaykiara .space {width:250px; height:230px; float:left;}
.yaykiara b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px;}
.yaykiara p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.yaykiara p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.yaykiara .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF;}
.yaykiara p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yaykiara {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:#a7c2d7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/adsfC.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6984c6; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6984c6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.yaykiara .name {color:#FFFFFF; font-size:50px; font-family: 'Delius Unicase'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#6984c6 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... eofone.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 15px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 320px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The start to yet another day of trading began with an argument with a horse. Not any random beast of burden, but one that the female was very intimate with, in that she knew the man whom he shared a bond with. At the beginning of the day, she had every intention of being kind to the shire. Instead of leaving him tethered to the cart, she offered to let him linger by the shop while she was open for business. But even that was an inch taken for a mile when the brute attempted to leave whenever she was in the middle of negotiating a trade. With practice, she had gotten better at bartering but there was such much that she could do when an ill tempered horse saw fit to leave of his own accord. Were it not for her strength and unyielding grip on his mane, it was doubtful she would have been able to bring the damned animal back. But by the afternoon and still playing ‘fetch the horse’, X’yrin was losing her patience.

<[“Please just stop!”] she pleaded for the countless time to the temperamental horse, hoping just like the last few times that some word would get to him. She knew he was intelligent enough to understand her but as her companion had done in the beginnings of their relationship, he refused to speak coherently. He would grunt and huff being careful not to utter anything she would understand and grasp his particular tongue. Perhaps if Saluce had come to check on him everything might have gone a little smoother seeing as how the stubborn fool only wanted to listen to him. Again, he shook his mane in defiance and stood himself right in front of the shop, blocking access to anymore potential patrons. X’yrin was near her end of catering to this behavior, already flexing her claws in preparing to snatch the beast by his nostrils. [“I don’t know what you have against me, but I am growing tired of it. Now please behave. These trades are how you get your food as well.”]

But it was like talking to a wall that didn’t want to shift aside and eventually she could take no more of the antics. So in defeat, she closed her shop early and began to put away the unsold furs. Even though she was frustrated, she took great care with her merchandise insuring none were damaged as she placed them back in the cart. While she put away, she looked almost enviously at the other vender’s still offering their wares without worry of some irritable beast being a nuisance. But it was these looks of envy that turned the woman’s eye to a trotting white form perusing through the shops as if with a purpose. The aura of innocence that endowed the female was almost too blatant to miss. X’yrin found herself laughing softly at the thought as she called out to her friend and packmate. “Kiara!” She lifted a hand to beckon the female over.

507 words.

[/html]
[html]
Kiara Amarok

Word Count → 333 :: Out of Character text

The festival was brimming with life. The shops were all open and their keepers called out to people on the street or haggled with customers. Many of them were filled with shiny objects and a few with furs and pelts. The sight of the furs put Kiara off a little. She couldn't help but sympathize with the poor animals. As a wolf and carnivore she had no qualms about killing for food, but it was just degrading to hand the dead's fur and skin out. Kiara supposed it was just another strange luperci way, but it still made her grimace. Kiara gave a wide birth to all the tents that had fur hanging on display, while she heartily approached anything that looked shiny. However, nothing particular caught her eye so she just continued on.

A familiar voice caught Kaira's attention as it called out her name. The arctic wolf's head whipped around and standing nearby was her favorite golden luperci. X'yrin, tall as ever, was calling for her. Kiara's tail wagged happily and she started to call out to X'yrin before stopping abruptly. Kiara had only gotten one syllable out before the necklace started to drop from her jaw, which forced Kiara to quickly snap her jaw closed to avoid dropping the pendent. That was close. She wanted to trade it for something, and just hoped that the pendent hadn't been dirtied...or damaged.

The snow wolf let out a happy whine as she trotted over to X'yrin, her tail moving a mile a minute and a jovial smile was plastered on her face. Kiara jumped up, her forepaws aiming to lean against the larger wolf. She wanted to snuggle into the nomad's golden fur. Oh how Kiara missed the touch of others. It hadn't been a long time since Shiloh left, but already Kiara was feeling lonely. Her natural instincts drove the young wolf to seek the friendly touch of her pack mates and friends. Being alone did not suit her at all.

<style type="text/css">
.yaykiara p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.yaykiara {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:#a7c2d7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/adsfC.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6984c6; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6984c6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.yaykiara .name {color:#FFFFFF; font-size:50px; font-family: 'Delius Unicase'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#6984c6 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Until the snowy wolf lowered her head to catch something that was near slipping out of her mouth, X’yrin hadn’t even noticed she was holding anything at all from their distance. She always found herself smiling in Kiara’s presence especially by her innocent actions that often could not be helped given her present form. It wasn’t a handicap so much as it was a part of who she was, and she accepted that part of her friend all the same.

Forgetting the ill mannered horse for a moment, upon seeing Kiara approach her stand the woman swung herself around to its front and immediately dropped to her knees with a smile just as her friend raised up to lean on her. Her forelegs caught her shoulders, nearly weightless in comparison to their mass. Immediately her arms wrapped around her friend with an excited muzzle burying in the down of her neck and inhaling the familiar scent. The soft fur was adorned in playful endearing licks as the woman’s tail went wild behind her nearly hitting the leg of the giant shire as he wandered over to inquire about this wolf bonding. Again, he was ignored.

“My friend,” X’yrin whined happily, squeezing the she-wolf just a little tighter before recalling her injuries and quickly released her. “Oh! I’m sorry… I’d almost forgotten. But my friend it’s good to see you. I’ve hardly seen anyone from Ichika here aside from my own mate. Please tell me, what brings you here?” She voice remained at its usually soft octave but her words were spoken a mile and minute, hardly completing one word before another attempted to jump in its place to be uttered just as quickly. “Are you trading as well?” Craning her neck back a little to look the female in the eye, she spied the necklace hanging from her mouth with the odd looking reptile held from it. “Is that something you traded for?”

323 words.

[/html]
[html]
Kiara Amarok

Word Count → 447 :: Ooooh, pretty table Zyn!

The embrace of her dear friend was more than enough. Kiara really missed seeing X'yrin, it was one of the reason's why she had decided to live in the same valley as X'yrin. The arctic wolf hoped that at least that way they would be more likely to run across each other than before. The nomad had been her friend since the very moment Kiara joined Ichika, they had even done their initiation tasks together. Just the thought of the hours they had spent in the dark caves made Kiara's nose hurt again.

What the young wolf really wanted to do was return X'yrin's affectionate licks. Occasionally she would try to stick her tongue out, only to have it meet the metal between her teeth. She was getting frustrated with the stupid necklace and really wanted to be rid of the annoying chain. It prevented her from talking, form greeting X'yrin properly. Kiara noticed the horse briefly as it approached the two canines. Horses were interesting creatures and she really wanted to taste one someday.

The snow wolf wiggled a little uncomfortably as X'yrin's gentle embrace turned into a bear hug. Her wounds protested slightly, although they had healed fairly well. Most of the time, the scars didn't bother her. There were rare occasions where the injuries hurt, and X'yrin's tight grip on her was one of them. Kiara shook her head a little as the golden wolf apologized, she hadn't really been hurt. Although the questions that were directed at the alabaster women frustrated her more than they should have. Not that she minded the subject of the questions, just the fact that her mouth was a little preoccupied with holding the chain.

Kiara huffed a little and nodded her head in an affirmative manner at the second question and shook it in a negative manner for the third. Each time the dragon shook wildly as the chain whipped around in the air. Kiara grew more and more frustrated with the silly thing by the minute. She looked around quickly and found a counter in a nearby tent. The tent smelled an awful lot like X'yrin so Kiara felt it was safe to put her trinket on top of it. After quickly depositing the necklace on the counter Kiara ran back to give X'yrin the licks she couldn't do earlier. "I found the silver thing in a human city and wanted to trade with it. Everyone else is trading, so I thought, 'why can't I?' I guess it's kind of silly because I don't really want anything, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. What about you X'yrin? What are you doing here?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

She could only imagine how irritating that swinging trinket was becoming to the snowy wolf. Clasping down on it tightly, it limited the show of affection the Nomad knew the girl was known for and of course kept her from speaking. To the woman, it wasn’t that great of an irritant, a bit of a bother as it knocked into her muzzle each time she lowered it to nuzzle into her companion’s neck but not enough to raised her hackles in annoyance.

But Kiara was obviously less tolerant of the item than she as she slipped out of the umber and gold vice and placed the silver necklace on the rim of the Exultare’s stand. X’yrin was nearly taken off guard when her friend suddenly turned on her and showered her with the kisses she previously could not give. The golden tail was a frantic blur as it thwacked noisily against the leg of the stand and startled the devil horse to raise his head in alarm. The beast huffed a near coherent thought caught by the trained ear but even that was ignored as the wolf favored the company of a kindred spirit as opposed to that of a grumpy animal.

When the licks were not enough of a bombardment, she was soon met with two earfuls of how the necklace came into the young she-wolf’s possession as well as its purpose. Kiara was an ambition female in her own way as far as the Nomad could perceive and that was a quality lost to many. But at times, X’yrin felt wary of the limitations the young female faced as a creature bound to four legs. While it was admirable for her to try, she had learned rather quickly that a convention like this was not meant for the four-legged bound when it came to trading. While the merchants did not appear prejudice, they were terribly impartial to any that did not stand. Often distant to them, she could foresee the struggle her young friend would face attempting to complete something as simple as a trade. What could she trade for? And as she pointed, what would she want? There had to have been something.

X’yrin brought a claw to her nose in thought, glancing from her friend to the trinket resting behind her. “Well, it is a good idea,” she offered in a positive light. “I am trading myself; the furs Saluce and I have collected through our hunts as well as some of his weaponry. If you believe you cannot find something worthwhile for your trade, then perhaps you could use it in exchange for a service. There are some merchants that offer their skills and are willing to each them for a tradable good. Did nothing at all look appealing to you, my friend?” X’yrin managed to free an arm then casually waved her dark glove across the visual plain of the bazaar. “There are many traders, even those on the outskirts of the festival offering something of interest. If weapons and cloth do not appeal to you, perhaps a companion animal?”

516 words.

[/html]
[html]
Kiara Amarok

Word Count → 393 :: Out of Character text

At last, the annoyance was gone. Kiara hated carrying things because it always required the use of her mouth. With something occupying her jaw, she couldn't talk, she could greet others, and most importantly, she couldn't eat. It was rather bothersome and she was happy to have the foul tasting chain somewhere that wasn't her mouth. Kiara was a little envious of the luperci's ability to grab hold of objects with their strange forepaws, but Kiara would never wish to infected with the virus. She could do everything they could, it was just more difficult at times. That was one of things the snow wolf liked about X'yrin. Kiara believed that X'yrin saw her the way she saw herself and was grateful to have a friend like the golden nomad.

Kiara listened eagerly as X'yrin not only approved her idea, but also gave suggestions on what to do with the necklace. Listening to X'yrin talk about her mate and business was interesting, although Kiara didn't think she'd really like any fur. Trading the necklace for a service sounded interesting, but what would she want someone to do? X'yrin asked Kiara about what she found appealing and Kiara's mind immediately turned to food. Well, some meat might be nice, but I don't think they will let me back. I kind of made the merchant mad, on accident though." The arctic wolf thought about her unfortunate misadventure in the meat stall and how she had been kicked out because she couldn't pay. Kiara wanted to avoid going back to that stall, she was afraid they would just get mad at her again.

The idea of having a companion animal was a little strange. Kiara knew about the golden woman's owl and the horses that Shiloh had kept. The younger wolf's brow furrowed a little as she thought about it. To have something follow her around that wasn't a wolf, the idea was indeed strange. Kiara tilted her head as she thought about it. "Maybe not a companion. Not sure I can handle it. Perhaps something for my den! I just started making it." The snow wolf's tail wagged, she liked that idea.

It was then that Kiara noticed something curious. If X'yrin had a booth open, why was she hanging out with Kiara? "Oh wait, are you working? I'm sorry if I interrupted your trade."

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Grasping at straws could hardly be counted as her favored means of coming up with a suggestion, but when it came to the girl before it, she found herself using this method with increasing consistency. When it came to accommodating her friend, she hardly knew where to begin. In this world nearly dominated by the infected most of her suggestions came as second nature, even though she preferred the four-legged for herself. And even then she still based her ideals and suggestions on the transforming body. One would have thought she would have grown out of the habit, but it was a hard one to break.

She looked down at her friend with a puzzle look an her face, her brows subtly skewed with her sight trailing beyond her in thought. If a companion wouldn’t do… then what else? Absently an ear rose at the mention of food and a moment later her eyes focused again on the snowy female and her expression was that of amusement. “How you could upset anyone is beyond me,” she offered in the girl’s defense. “Perhaps the merchant was just having a bad day. It can get hectic with so many people around.” This of course she spoke with some experience. Her patience had been tested several times over since her time at the shop, but she had managed to maintain and air of calm even though it was obvious some of the less admirable faces were trying to get a steal from her wares.

Her suggestion for a companion was proved unsuitable but her brows raised at her friend’s excitement when she thought of her den. Even if she could not trade for something overly valuable, surely she could find something to make her den more homely. X’yrin smiled. “I think that’s a great idea. I saw a craftsman that made these flat pieces called ‘straw mats’. They are supposed to take the place of furs on the ground.” Why putting woven grass on the ground would be appealing to anyone, she did not know, but perhaps something unique like this would peak the young female’s interest. And in remembering unique articles, the female perked up suddenly, “That reminds me.” Carefully she slid out from under her friend and walked over to the cart. Charlemagne didn’t so much as acknowledge her when she came near him but did huff irritably for no other reason than to convey his boredom. X’yrin continued to ignore him as she peered over into the cart to retrieve a brightly colored scarf.

“You weren’t interrupting,” the golden female comforted her friend as she returned from the cart with the soft blue scarf in hand. “Actually I am glad we met each other. I have a gift for you.” She knelt down and held out the scarf at arm length to be observed. “I know this is perhaps something most two-legged forms wear, but I thought you might find this useful as well. And if not that…well… perhaps you could use it for your home?”

506 words.

[/html]
[html]
Kiara Amarok

Word Count → 461 :: Sorry for the wait

Luperci were strange beings. They walked on two legs, they rode other animals, they wore clothes, they lived in houses, and the list just went on and on. The differences in the every day lives of the luperci were vastly different from her own. However, Kiara never really let it bother her. Unfortunately, it was times like these that Kiara and her friends were never on the same page. She didn't really have any use for the things they valued, and although X'yrin was trying, nothing really appealed to the uninfected wolf. The more Kiara thought about it though, the more she seemed to like the idea of something for her den. It would make any visitors she had feel more at home. And if she didn't like whatever it is that she got, she could always take her teeth to it for a few hours of fun.

The idea of straw mats didn't really appeal to Kiara. She could only think about real straw and how it clung to her fur. Having a big pile of straw in her den would only make her look like a wolf made out of straw. However, the idea of having something to lie on wasn't so bad. Kiara remembered how Shiloh had set up a bed for her that had been made out of furs. Perhaps she could get a fur or two for the den, then she wouldn't have to lie in the dirt. "I don't know about the straw, but the idea is a good one. Perhaps I can get some fur to put in my den. Shiloh once made me a fur bed and it was soft like snow. Say X'yrin, do you want to trade with me?"

X'yrin's sudden change in attitude caught Kiara's attention. Her ears twitched as her head cocked to the side. The snow wolf sat down, a look of confusion and interest flooding her face. When the nomad returned, Kiara couldn't help but stare at the deep blue cloth the golden wolf held. A present, for her? X'yrin was giving her a present. The arctic wolf examined the scarf curiously as she lightly pressed against it with her nose. The colored fabric smelled a little like X'yrin, and a lot like the wood. "Wow, its beautiful. I...I don't know what to say. I've never worn a...a...what was it again?" The white wolf felt foolish, and it showed in her sheepish grin. There were just so many names for the different types of clothes, and Kiara really didn't understand their purpose. However, the long blue cloth was beautiful and Kiara wondered what it would be like to wear it. "Can I try it on? How do you wear it? Um...what should I give you in return?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Furs would have perhaps been better than a mat to line the floor of a den, but she supposed as a unique element it might pose interest. But why contest the somewhat norm? Furs were warmth and far more comfortable than straw, as far as she had seen and felt that was. And in truth a part of her was glad at the offhanded rejection of the idea, it made for offering her wars that much easier to her friend. “Kiara, I would gladly give you a pelt if you ask,” the she-wolf smiled as the scarf was held out to be inspected by an inquisitive nose. “You needn’t trade me anything for it. We are a family, and families take care of each other.”

Loosely she draped the scarf around the young female’s neck, looping it twice around to ensure it wouldn’t fall away as she moved around. “It’s called a ‘swarf’…I think. Or…a ‘scarf’?” her voice hitched just a little in question as if her companion would unknowingly recognize the name of her gift. “Yes… I think it’s a scarf. But it is supposed to be a thin fur that’s just a warm as a coat,” she continued to explain but with noticeable uncertainty. “Honestly I don’t see how… but it looks very nice on you. And I suppose it can keep your head warm. Does it?”

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
Kiara Amarok

Word Count → 292 :: Out of Character text

X'yrin's generosity was beyond comparison. Not only was she giving Kiara a...scarf, but she was also willing to give Kiara a pelt without trading. The uninfected wolf knew very little about material things, but she guessed that it was a big deal. Kiara tried her best to look at the blue fabric that was wrapped around her neck. The beautiful cloth gently rubbed against her fur and was a wonderful contrast to her solid white coat. Kiara nuzzled the cloth slightly, inhaling X'yrin's scent. The snow wolf sat back and pondered the nomad's question. Did it keep her head warm, not as far as she could tell. Then again, Kiara was pretty much always warm because of her thick, double layered, winter coat. The white female shook her head slowly so that she didn't shake the scarf off. "No, it doesn't keep my head warm, but I don't think that I'm the best one to test these things on. But I really like it. Thank you X'yrin!"

Once again, Kiara tried to shower her friend in loving licks. The presents were wonderful and Kiara felt happy to have such a good friend. Now with the promise of furs and a beautiful new scarf, Kaira was eager to head home. "X'yin, why don't you keep the necklace. I feel bad about taking all these things without trading. Stop by me den later on with the fur, I want to get home and show off my scarf." With that said, the young wolf gave X'yrin one last lick and left. Her tail as high as her spirits and wagging just as fast. The quadrapedal wolf darted in and out of the crowd to avoid being stepped on and started on her way back home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]