emerald eyes and fireflies
[html]

Private for Amy/Hadley, set in downtown Halifax around 5:00 pm, backdated to the 20th

Brown paws hit the ground in a dreary non-assured way. The young femme had been wandering, Anathema just wasn't home to her. The caves were dark and appeared lonely, not an assuring place for the young hybrid to dwell in. Many times she had thought of leaving, apologizing to the leaders for the lack of spark she felt when she entered the dark caverns. The cut on her palm deemed her family to them, something cared for and easily known as one of them. She couldn't traipse in the lower ranks for too long, it wouldn't be right. The streets of Halifax were quickly darkening, although the sliver of sunlight that peaked over the hills symbolized a coming spring, hopefully soon. The cold was harsher in these parts, rough storms and waves crashing against the shores. She had heard them many a night on her wanderings, envying the souls back in Italy with the gentler, milder winters.

Selene had been walking quite a bit in the day, joints and bones protested with their aching and yet she continued on. The girl sought out a weapon, most of her things and trinkets had been left with Saphira, a small gift for the horse that had been given to her. Her stallion had been kept in Anathema, Selene had no real reason to need him at this time. Many shops and stores caught her eye, but none had really had what she sought out and looked around for. The brown and obsidian girl's weariness finally overcame her, and she sat down on the ground, finding peace and rest against a large tree that had seemed to have been planted in one spot in the time of the human civilizations. Crimson eyes slowly went up to the tall branches of the solid plant. Soon enough leaves would take over, and bring back color to the dead grey and monotone world she knew now to be Nova Scotia. Oh how she wished for that day to come. She was quiet, tired as hungry. Closing her eyes, she came very close to succumbing to the tendrils of sleep.

[/html]
Amy wandered through Halifax, looking for some last minute items to add to her wagon. She was already set up for the festival, and had done a couple trades already. With night settling in Amy had hired/threatened a person to watch the wagon for her while she and Hadley went to the nearby city, digging through for possible items that she could take with her and sell to the various canines traversing through. It was really rather nice having that option. She could get some great items for free, with Hadley doing most of the work, and trade it away for something that had value to her.

She walked into a shop that seemed to hold some promise, only to practically trip over some bundle of flesh on the ground. Snarling Amy broke her fall with a roll. Her hand fell to her knife before realizing what it was. A young tired female hybrid, curled up on the ground asleep. She was tempted to just slit her throat right then and there for the insult of being in Amy's way, but she checked herself. Hadley slid in after her, eyes kept on Amy, watching to make sure it wouldn't be hurled that way. Roughly Amy shoved the female. You're in the way. Move.
[html]

Selene was almost asleep, soundlessly daydreaming about her past in Italy, how her adoptive father would care for her, how he had to suffer such a painful death.  As something shoved her, a foot maybe, with the grace of a cat the young hybrid leapt up from her propped up position. She hadn't any weapons, but even instinctually her hand flew to the spot on her waist where there was usually a belt with many knives. She managed to murmur a gruff "Who are you?" before relaxing her posture and stance. She stepped back a little, placing a hand on her hip where a foot had so rudely prodded.  Her reddish eyes caught a glance of a fearful, but rather large man watching from a distance inside a wagon. She glanced casually at the dog-woman and the male and nonchalantly said "My name's Selene Vansenza, and I apologize for being in your way."

Being shoved was rude yes, but if she wanted better treatment, she could not do something stupid like push back or curl on the ground like a sniveling weakling. Eyes watched tentatively and her tail was raised in partial dominancy, stating that she couldn't possibly be lower than this female on the canine rankings, maybe equal but not lower. The man was quiet and seemed fearful of this golden femme, something mysterious and somewhat curious to the dark fae. The day was still dawning, and she had nothing better to do than talk to this duo. The Italian knew nothing and never saw this pair's faces, although Selene travelled often mostly everyone was a stranger. [/html]

The flighty movement of the hybrid impressed Amy. So the girl was a fighter. Slept too deeply for one that was highly trained, but one nonetheless. Maybe she'd only received training and no experience, or had only faced a couple battles, but she slept too soundly for someone who had truly fought in battle. Another would not have let her get so close, too nervous and afraid knowing that they could be killed in their sleep. Much like what Amy had been contemplating. She crossed her arms as the hybrid demanded answers, relaxing slightly as an apology and name was given.

Courteously Amy dipped her head, holding out her hand to be shaken. Amy Sunders. Nice to meet you. Her mood would have been better if she wasn't pregnant, though not by much. The raging hormones made her moods swing harshly, but Amy already had all the cruelty she truly needed inside her. The only real difference was how much easier it was to push her into a killing mood, the slightest things upsetting her. Hadley bore the proof of that on his face. Suddenly enraged to wake up and see him there Amy had slashed his face, claiming that it was an improvement. What brings you to the city? I'm looking for some more items for my shop.
Selene decided that nothing was going I happen wrong for a while, but her guard was kept up. Gently shaking the outstretched palm, Selene nodded in truce, the prodding kick previously was forgiven, but not out of her mind.  "Would you like to sit? I have nothing to offer you but this ground we stand upon. " She gestured to the slightly gravelly soil, probably not a problem to the golden dog with her silky thick coat. Selene's fur was noticeably shorter, but no complaints came from the petite woman. Her mind continuously flickered to the man with the slashed face. Did he fall or do something? Or was it Amy? Amy seemed to be a temperate woman, and pregnancy could easily fit the bargain. Selene herself had never herself been pregnant, but earlier in times was worried she would by the scum on the ship that had unforgivingly raped her and used her in all the wrong and unbiblical ways. 

She sat down and curled her tail around her body, starting her explanation. "You have a shop? That's amazing. I'd never be able to have one of those. I'm a fool for shiny and valuable trinkets. I'd never be able to pass them up. I came here to look for a weapon, like a sword or something like that." The girl paused for a moment, pressing her ears against her skull. "I know how to fight, but I'm not big enough for the hand to hand combat. I need the power a blade can give me." Deciding that the explaination was good enough she leaned back, looking around the ground for any gritty stone, to strike against the same kind for a fire. Alas there was none by her paws, so she gave up and looked at her companions. "What's his name? And what happened to his face?" Selene pointed with her tapered coyote muzzle, gesturing to the older male who appeared to be guarding the cart. Again her mind was diverted to Italy, this woman seemed to be well travelled, and had some aura of knowledge other than the things you'd see in a story book or read in any context. "Have you ever been to Italy? I had a family there...Although I was adopted. My original family was killed by a big fire. I don't know anyone yet who has heard of it. So I don't know who I am." Selene shrugged, raising a shoulder not letting the curiosity creep through her voice. If Amy didn't know, who really cared. She didn't know them [her family] anyway, she couldn't mourn the deaths of beings she didn't know, it didn't seem to work and fit well that way.
Amy's lips curled slightly at the offer. It was rather amusing, watching this young female try to be polite. She obviously didn't have any true manners, or if she did they were rusted from living among the savages in the land. Amy looked around, selecting a chair that didn't seem too bad. Pulling it over she sat down. You'll have to excuse me. Getting up and down was getting more difficult, much to her frustration, and she'd much rather stay in a position where she could easily move than have to struggle with standing up. The tail curled around Selene as she settled down.

The chatter about her shop gave Amy a slight glow of pride, switching over to an intense business interest in a matter of seconds. Searching for a sword. That Amy could definitely help with. Smiling she barked slightly, summoning Hadley to her side. Turning her head she faced him. Get some swords out of the wagon. Make sure there's a couple short swords in there too. If she could turn this into a business deal Amy was not above doing that. Trade was one of the few times that her pregnancy managed not to spill over into real life, sending her into turmoils of emotion.

Set into a business mind Amy was a lot more relaxed and in control than she'd been before. The rest of Selene's words were simply background, polite chit chat while they waited for the real business to begin. Inclining her head Amy nodded sympathetically. You don't need to worry about who he is. He's just a slave. The marks are from a dispute. The chatty female continued though, and Amy's ears pricked with curiosity. The female was the right age, but...I know plenty of families that died by fire. Can you tell me anything else?
[html]

feel free to make up a last name for Selene's dead family XD

Selene watched as Amy plucked a chair from somewhere and sat upon it, and yes it would be wrong to have someone who was pregnant to sit upon the ground. She nodded as Amy did so, only to turn her attention to the wagon. Amy had ordered the man to get some swords, two conflicting emotions were felt. Sorrow for the man that he had to be commanded so, but also the selfish feeling of satisfaction that she'd be soon holding the cold shiny blade of a sword in her palm. Crossing her legs where she sat, the youth was able to sit rather comfortably. Her suspicions about the scarred male were true. He indeed was a slave and had no will of his own however much mass he had over Amy. But Amy seemed fierce, like there was this inner fire inside of her that would not be challenged to be let out. It was inspiring really, but Selene wasn't that brave.

Eyes wandered again to the slave man, feeling obvious guilt over his position in the world. She, not being the most gifted and higher ranked was still fortunate not to have her life working with almost no pay. She couldn't imagine seeing her broken body, shoulders slumped in defeat as she catered to someone else. Shaking her head, she cleared the image from her mind. "Oh...He has no name? What do you call him when you give commands?" Amy was asking about her family, the one back in Europe. Large ears perked so much that the floppy left one stood up as if normal. So maybe she knew. "It was over a year ago, maybe in Milano...About six people died. They were all my family." That was all she knew, the death toll and the city, Jonito relocated them to a smaller town, not as large and bustling. "This guy, Jonito Vansenza rescued me, as a pup. He took care of me as a father afterwards, but this big mafia...Had some thugs come over and slit his throat." The end of the sentence was spat in slight disgust, how could an empire be so brutal? 

Selene
<style>
.selene .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.selene-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"MONOTYPE CORSIVA", sans-serif; color:#b70101; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 5px;}
.jiva p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.selene p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.selene b {color:#FFCF00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.selene {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... m0mp-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#B70101; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.selene-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.selene .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
She watched the reaction slip over her, as it had so many. Sorrow, guilt, worry. They all felt that way upon discovering what it was, something Amy didn't understand. She could never be turned into a slave herself, willing to die before that happened. If they injured her far enough to prevent fighting Amy would kill herself. She was a higher creature than a slave. Amy would never submit, and she never did submit to anyone. That often got her into conflicts with pack wolves that believed themselves more valued than loners. She wouldn't back down, often proving her dominance with her sword and teeth.

Amy smiled slightly as the girl moved on. He has a name. It's Hadley. I just don't give it out since he needs to be focused, and he responds to his name automatically. You can understand the conflict that would create, not to mention that a good slave is supposed to be invisible. Clearly he's not to that point yet. There was still so much training, so much more to do with him. Hadley was adequate as a labor slave, but beyond that he simply needed more. More etiquette, more control, a greater ability to move himself out of sight.

Amy's eyes sparkled as Selene described what had happened to her family. She knew that one. She knew that one well indeed. The Barino family. I remember them. They were diplomats, working with various pack leaders. Everyone knew they weren't just simple advisors. Even my family was careful not to cross them, and we control practically everything. It was a horrible tragedy when they died. So much power collapsed and uncared for was dangerous. If anybody found out there was an heir alive, Europe would break into utter chaos. Her family had barely managed to contain the mess the first time round, spending tons of resources for it. You must not tell anyone what family you are. It's dangerous. Do you understand?
[html]

I made a poop post xP

Selene nodded at the golden woman's words about her slave. Many in Italy had them, mostly wolves as laborers. She could understand where Amy was coming from with the slavery. Her own father wouldn't use slaves, his own beliefs were that they were perfectly capable of doing their own work.

Amy recollected, thinking back to Europe. Selene listened intently to Amy's words, hanging onto each syllable. So she did know of her family. Selene quietly said "Barino." It sounded familiar, maybe she'd hear her father Jonito speak of it on occasion. Maybe the reason he died was to protect her from the dangers of being an heir to a wealthy family. "I-I think my father, well adoptive father knew of them...He must've died trying to keep them away from me." Her face turned thoughtful as many things were adding up. So she was probably the last. "Did you work with them? Or your whole family?" Europe was huge, and if Selene's family had somehow gained control was very fascinating. A newfound respect for Amy was felt by the young hybrid, she knew so much about things, and was certainly in control of most things.

The sky was slowly darkening, twilight was upon the trio and the wagon sooner than expected. "Did you manage your trades mostly in Europe?" Making conversation seemed much easier, like talking to an old friend or relative.

Selene
<style>
.selene .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.selene-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; font-family:"MONOTYPE CORSIVA", sans-serif; color:#b70101; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 5px;}
.jiva p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.selene p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.selene b {color:#FFCF00; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.selene {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... m0mp-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#B70101; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.selene-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.selene .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
The female was eager to learn about the family that she'd never known. Amy knew that such knowledge could endanger the girl, but she did have some fighting skills. Besides, Amy could gain control over the single heir of the empire if she earned this girl's trust. Granted, her family had taken over the area when the Barino family had collapsed, but that wasn't the same. They didn't belong there, and they didn't have the same level of influence as they did in their own area. If the Barinos were the diplomats, the Sunders were the royalty of the criminal world. The only thing they didn't have was power over actual leadership, the Barinos overshadowing them in that matter. The Sunders weren't diplomatic, lacking that poisonous tongue the Barino family had. She wondered if Selene had inherited that silver tongue.

She could only agree at Selene's assumption. If anyone knew she was alive they would kill whoever was in the way to get their hands on the only legal heir. Only the Barino family held the key to so many of the secrets. Perhaps Selene held them despite how young she'd been, locked away in the recesses of her memory. Amy's brother had tried to tackle the codes, but they had been designed so only a member of the family could open it. She smiled at her naive words, Hadley returning with the swords and a small fur to lay them on. No. The only person who would be able to handle your entire family on their own would be someone powerful enough to be able to threaten them, and it takes my whole family simply to stand our grounds against them. At least it did. Amy tossed her head lightly at her words. Yes I traded through Europe. I controlled a large part of the trade by myself, no help from my family. She was so proud of that, the fact that she could hold her own with power and influence in her family.