With the touch of blood, she received wings
[html]

[Image: spacer.jpg]

Silver and cold. The rays of the last remaining light wandered past her and withdrew to the golden globe slowly sinking and merging with the earth. The female stood on a little top, bidding the day farewell, greeting the incoming dark that would take it all away. Every night. Grey eyes, wet by the lack of shelter of eyelids against the sharp breeze, turned away from the bleeding horizon. What was she doing here, really. A dark, masculine voice, invisible at night, warm skin. Home? Her body and soul denied it, but the heart would rather stay behind. She did not know who he really was, what he had done, what he would do.

Yet, she had ventured deeper into the claimed lands, and the scent of a pack gave the loner a disguise as someone less lonely. It was all the illusion though, she was still on her own. Or was she? Eyes shut finally, and she allowed her shoulders to relax for once. There was no one there together with her for once. This was what she truly cherished. Loneliness. Though, a night kissed male would probably be there when she wandered back. He was good. The wanderer rested her face on her paws and drifted into an ever so light slumber. Just a couple of minutes.

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee couldn’t help it. Once she caught Colibri’s scent she had to follow it. Why, why, why was she here? It wasn’t that Cercelee longed to see her friends, they weren’t friends any more. It wasn’t that Cer had anything left to say to the older female, she had washed her hands of the female when she had left. And really, Cercelee hadn’t though of Colibri at all, that is, until she had caught the strong scent of the lady in the grass as Cercelee meandered about Twilight Vale. Yet now that she had caught the scent, she wanted to know why here? Why Twilight Vale and not Dahlia de Mai? Had she not caught the scent she could have never thought of her again, but now that Cer knew where Colibri was, she just couldn’t help herself.

When she came to the end of the trail (following Colibri’s scent) she found the female sleeping. Dozing to be more accurate. Cercelee did not wake her, but merely sat before her so that when she did awake of her own accord she would see her. And what a sight it’d be, her wounds still only half healed, her neck a ring of missing fur and dried blood. Scabs on her chest and a few on her face. Cer didn’t think of that though, she didn’t think of anything. What happened would happen, and just as Cercelee couldn’t control herself tracking Colibri here, she couldn’t control what Colibri would do or say.

[/html]
[html]

Oeoee, look at my uberlong post

She noticed it when the other female arrived, but she kept back halfway inside the unreal world nevertheless, hoping it was where the being had come from, and when she opened her eyes it would be gone and just a fracture of a dream. A pair of silver eyes opened, but Cercelee was just as real as she was last time they parted. She did not give any signs of surprise, just let her eyes climb up to the cold blue ones.

What are you doing here, Cercelee? Her voice was not particularly cold with reject, but it was clear that it was not Colibri’s favorite person that had waited for her when she woke up. Had Cercelee followed her or what?

[/html]
[html]

What are you doing here? Cercelee wanted to laugh at the words. It was clear that Colibri was not please with the surprised, but why wasn’t it clear why she was here? Her wounds were bad enough that when strangers saw her they asked if she was okay, if she needed help. Yet Colibri only asked why she was here. "I’m staying here Colibri, while I heal. A coyote got to me." Her voice was even and empty, simply an answer to the question the older female had thrown at her. Colibri’s presence was a surprise, and if Cer had not needed to stay in Twilight Vale she probably would have ignored it. But if she was staying here, she wanted to know who else was here, and why. Especially in Colibri’s case. "Why are you here? I thought pack life didn’t suit you. Or is it only Dahlia de Mai you can’t stand?" Her words were pointed, but her voice plain and unthreatening. Her voice did not have to have a snap to it, her eyes bore into Colibri’s and they made it clear exactly what she thought of this.

[/html]
[html]

No, Colibri was far from pleased. The wounds were visible, but the five year old's sister was Dahlia's apothecary, so she did not understand what the ivory and now lonely leader of Dahlia did here. The gray eyed lone wolf had not spent any time keeping up with the latest news from Inferni and Dahlia de Mai. She was just enjoying life and her own company. At times also with Lucifer, the male she was growing more and more attached to. Yet, she was a solitary being that wanted to be left alone when it came to group matters. Twilight Vale was for now her home, but she was not a part of them. Did not wish to be either.

Libri slowly got up in a slack sitting position, gazing over at the young female with empty eyes. I am not a part of this pack, Cercelee. No more than you are. Where were her children in this mess? Are there more with you from Dahlia? Colibri had felt so blessedly free from worries, forgotten everything and everyone for a little while, but now it was coming back together with the injured look of her earlier co-leader. Sometimes war was the only thing some beings understood. How sad.

[/html]
[html]

So Colibri hadn’t joined Twilight Vale? What kept her around here then? Or was Twilight Vale only a short term rest stop before Colibri picked up roots and wandered again? Was there anyone here who counted on her and would find disappointment in her disappearance? If there was, Cer hoped that they learned as quickly as she had to deal without the little alabaster lady. It had taken Cercelee less than a day. Yet Cer was a master at forgetting people, those who were not positive had no place in her heart or mind, she couldn’t waste time thinking about anyone who hindered her. Ignoring them was best. Why then, was she talking with Colibri at all?

Cercelee shrugged. She wasn’t part of Twilight Vale, and no doubt some of the Dahlia members would think her a deserter, but she had made her opinion on the war clear. Haku was in charge, she wanted no part in it, she didn’t even want it to be happening. If that was all that the pack thought of now, what place was there for her in Dahlia until it was over? “Ember comes here quite often, stays sometimes, but not every night like me. However, I assume you’re asking about your children? They are both still in Dahlia, Haku is spear heading the whole war, and Mew encourages it. They both want blood, and I want no part of it, so I have no other news for you than that.” Cercelee just hoped that no one would get injured, hoped they’d be more careful than she had been, but she also knew she couldn’t prevent it.

[/html]
[html]

It mattered very little what Cercelee thought. Colibri had already assured every member she had met that she was not about to join any pack, and that she was alone. They did nothing for her, she did not too much for them. Lucifer had allowed her to stay in the area, and it was not more complicated than that, really. None had told her to go away, one had told her to stay. So, why not stay there for a while without any consequences? The female gritted her teeth visibly in an automatic reaction as Cercelee willingly provided her with information about the children.

I have no right whatsoever to say this, but why in the world do you allow it? It was a silent desperation in her voice. The thought that Mew supported both Haku and the war was terrible. She would almost have preferred walking about unknowingly. Yes, she had left the younger alabaster yearling behind, but she had expected Cercelee to be able to keep the control of the pack.

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee laughed mirthlessly at Colibri’s question. There was nothing funny about the situation, the war and Colibri in another pack and her children heading that very war, but the question just seemed ridiculous to Cercelee. “How would you have stopped it Colibri?” The question was sincere, for Cercelee imagined that if Colibri had been in Cercelee’s place, the outcome would have been similar. That did not matter. Cercelee was in Cercelee’s place and what had happened, already had happebed. “You know what a certain coyote did to Mew. Haku went out to avenge her, and because Haku had been hanging around the pack... because his sister was in it and because his mother use to head it, they attacked us Colibri, members you had accepted. Remember that? You were there, if anyone should have stopped it then, it should have been you.” Colibri had seen the start of the war, but she had abandoned ship before it went down.

“Inferni didn’t want words, they wanted blood. So what would you have had me do? Hand over your baby boy and tell them to have a ball? Or allow the pack to do what they scream for, which is try their hand at justice. The pack was attacked, Mew was attacked... Part of me is proud Dahlia de Mai didn’t want to sit by and take it, part of me was sad we had no real choice. Short of offering Haku for a sacrifice, which I assume he would have run from and Inferni would still be after blood--our blood--, would you have rather we rolled over to show them our bellies? So that they could slay as they wished until they were satifisfied?” Cercelee spoke, and the longer her lecture became, the longer she realized why she was bitter at Colibri for leaving. Yes, she had lost her friend and leader, but Colibri had left her between a rock and hard place, one that Cercelee didn’t know how to get herself out of, let alone the whole pack. “So I accepted Haku, let him clean up the mess he made. Children need to learn how to put away their toys, I’m sorry you never taught your children that.” That’s all this was, a stupid game Haku was playing, and he didn’t know when to throw in the towel. And for some reason, as she stood here staring at the silver eyes female, Cercelee blamed Colibri.

[/html]