take what you want, give nothing back
let me know if any details are off; i tried to keep it vague. :3

[html]

Trent had left the hotel today, looking for... Well, he wasn't sure what he was looking for. All he knew was that he couldn't just sit in the near-empty room staring at the walls all day. In his optime form, in which Trent was already beginning to feel slightly more comfortable, the coywolf started to make his way outside and through Cour des Miracles' lands.

He wasn't entirely sure where he was by the time he saw more of the 'building' sort that Caspa had told him about. Trent had only ever lived in his parents' pack, which had been filled with wolves. Nothing more, and thus his rules of privacy were restricted only to physical privacy. He knew nothing about the privacy of a home, and so it was without reluctance that Trent approached one of the buildings. Head turned left to right as he sniffed the air, picking up vaguely the scent of others of his pack.

Since he was unaware that it might be unappreciated, Trent entered the building with no further reluctance. Large ears perked forth as he studied the room, which looked neat and organised. And there was so much stuff. Trent didn't know that luperci tended to gather items around them, although he remembered Sebastian's items. The jeans. He wanted jeans. He wanted items.

Completely lacking any sort of manners, and unaware of the proper etiquette when handling other peoples' stuff, Trent moved through the house looking for something cool. Jeans, maybe, or other shinies.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 335 I'm so sorry for the wait... and the fact that this is, like, my worst post ever. xDD

After his most recent escapade involving the sea, Skoll had been confined in his house. It might have frustrated him, but he was too sniffly and sick to really care—and guilty, too. Fighting bobcats was one thing, but nearly drowning was another, and it had scared the child and scared his caretakers and made him realize that maybe he wasn’t invincible like he thought. It was a lot for the four-month-old to think about, but he had all the time in the world to think, cooped up in a room all day with a runny nose and a shivering body.

Presently the creamy puppy felt well enough to walk around the Victorian-style house. He walked down the steps—one at a time, rather than flying down them like usual—and was about to see if his mother was anywhere inside when he heard a weird noise coming from one of the hallways. Whipping around, tail wagging, he ran toward the sound in hopes of tackling one of his siblings or asking his mother for some food.

The sight that greeted him instead was that of an agouti stranger, narrow-framed and big-eared, padding down the hallway from the other direction. The child skidded to a halt for a second, green eyes widening.

Had this been someone outside, he would have bounded up to them without hesitation and started badgering them with excited questions: who are you, are you new, how do you do, have you ever eaten a frog? However, while he knew that everyone in the pack grounds was safe and nice, the Haskel-Catori residence was its own little haven for the family. And this male was intruding, popping up in a place where Skoll didn’t expect him to be.

Protective instincts flared up in him, and the prince puffed his golden fur, letting up a cry. The snot-nosed cub flew at the intruder, hoping to give one of his sturdy legs a bite, wanting to chase him away and away from his family.

Image courtesy of ilovememphis@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.skoll1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BMJL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d8cc97; width:100%; max-width:600px; min-width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#616d6a; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skoll1 b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffbe0; text-shadow:#000000 2px 1px 2px;}
.skoll1 p { text-indent:30px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.skoll1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
It's all fine! <3 I wasn't sure how hard he would bite so I left this a bit vague. Trent isn't used to physical altercations much so he thinks he is in huge pain regardless. Tongue

[html]

Trent was completely unaware of his intrusion, and when he heard a sound, he was probably as bewildered as the child upon turning around. Trent wasn't very sure-footed yet in his optime form, and the pup's cry was nearly enough to topple him over. Needless to say, when the pup bit down on his leg, Trent was unable to keep his balance and he crashed into the ground. The coywolf wasn't very good at defending himself to begin with, but in this form he was especially poor at it. He couldn't even reach the pup with his own teeth, and even if he wanted to, he wasn't sure it was a good idea. After all, only high ranking wolf pairs bred where he was from, so he assumed that meant that this was some top dog's child. It seemed like a stupid idea to attack back, anyway.

In lack of a possibility or the courage to attack, all Trent could do was scream in horror as he was floored by the pup. Owowow! he cried out, and even though his laying position already made him feel rather submissive he pressed his head to the ground, ears flattening, hoping that the fact he wasn't getting up and attacking back would be enough of a reason to let him go. The little teeth hurt like hell, and Trent felt as though his leg had to be bleeding what with how much it hurt. Since Trent hadn't really gotten into physical altercations much though, always backing down when more dominant wolves asked him to, he might as well not be bleeding and exaggerating his pain, though.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 304 lol I feel bad for Trent-baby. The cuteness shall soothe his wounds. <3

The young prince was not the most formidable sight running down the hallway at the intruder, but one couldn’t mistake the potential for a large and muscular frame or the perceived ferocity alight in his bright green eyes. His wolf blood gave him power and his dog blood gave him the deep-buried streak of protectiveness, and he was altogether serious about chasing this newcomer hybrid away despite his own sub-adult-size and his illness. His jaws opened then clamped down on one of the sturdy legs, though his teeth only barely pierced the skin. He applied as much pressure as he was capable of in his sick state, though, and a yowl of pain and fear reached his ears after the optime-formed crashed to the ground.

The sight of the orange-haired stranger pressing close to the floor in terrified submission gave the boy pause, and Skoll stepped backwards, relinquishing his grip and curiously cocking his head to the left. Satisfied that the man wasn’t going to do any harm lying on the ground, the growing puppy gave his bitten leg a lick then climbed on top of the male, sitting down to keep him in place. Green eyes fastened on the coywolf, and the Haskel took a deep breath, puffing his white chest out with pride and power.

“Whatchoo doing in the King’s house?” the golden wolfdog asked, his voice not coming out deep and ringing as he wanted but rather kid-pitched and raspy from his coughing. His ears twitched in annoyance at his feeble tone, but he went on. “My daddy’ll whoop you, and he’s big, bigger than I am,” he added, as if this fact would be difficult to believe. “But maybe I letchoo go if you ’splain yourself, mister.” He grinned and gave the man a reassuring pat after this grueling interrogation.

<style>
.skoll1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BMJL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#d8cc97; width:100%; max-width:600px; min-width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:320px 0px 10px 0px; color:#616d6a; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skoll1 b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fffbe0; text-shadow:#000000 2px 1px 2px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Haha, Trent is such a wussy XD.

[html]

Trent felt absolutely demeaned to be laying on the ground submitting to a pup once he found out who his assailant was, but his fear kept him from getting up and whacking the kid over the back of the head for hurting his leg, or anything like that. He stayed in the very same position as he was, pressed to the ground, even as he felt the pressure release his leg. Trent was absolutely disgusted with himself for being unable to stand up for himself and do something about this pitiful state he was in. Disgusted with his own fear. Damn it, why was he such a coward?

The King's house was all that really got through to Trent from the boy's words, and he felt himself panic all over again. It was kind of like entering the Alpha's den and then being found floored by his puppy. Which couldn't really be any good. Trent wanted to get out of there as fast as he could, his mind clouded by any other course of action, but he was afraid that the little boy might tell on him and that his father would come after all. What if he'd be kicked out of the pack?! Trent wasn't able to deal with any of it right now, all of the prospects, and he gasped for air with his eyes closed as he lay pressed to the ground, most of his face covered by his unruly hair.

After a moment of alone-time in his own head Trent still found himself unable to stop breathing heavily and panicking, afraid that the boy's father would come and kick him out, or worse, mess up his pristine face and leave some scars. Then he'd not only be homeless, but everyone could see he was a suck-ass fighter, too.

Since he couldn't find a way to deal with all of his panic, Trent didn't respond to the boy's words; all he did was keep himself glued to the ground in terrified submission, gasping for air with his eyes clenched shut like a fish that had been tossed onto the shore.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 102

So maybe Skoll had been a little too scary for the hybrid stranger. He received no response from the quaking coywolf, and after a moment of frowning, the puppy decided to step off of his victim. Landing lightly on the ground, he came around to the male’s head and crouched, staring at him. “Mister?” he ventured, his raspy prince’s voice reaching upwards into a worried pitch. He raised a white paw as if to prod his face then thought better of it.

“Mister, I didn’t mean t’ scare ya,” the boy whined. He hesitated then licked the male on his pink nose.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The puppy's voice resounded in his ears, and it sounded friendly enough. Trent tried to gather the courage to get up, although he was still pretty damn scared. Trent swallowed, knowing he was still in big trouble, most likely, and very carefully hauled himself into a sitting position using his arms. Avoiding eye contact with the pup, he murmured, S-sorry. He hadn't a clue that he wasn't allowed or supposed to be hanging around other peoples' houses, nor had he known that this particular house was taken by someone, least of all the King and his son, and possibly others.

I didn't know it was taken, uhm... Trent sat awkwardly in his optime form, and wiped a strand of hair from his face, gaze still averted to the ground. Even though he felt like the wisest thing to do was run away, he decided instead to give the boy his name so that he'd always know who the criminal that snuck into his home was. I'm Trent.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 240

The poor scared mister responded to his worried prodding, rising up—though not much, as he more or less looked huddled sitting how he was. If not his actual posture, his submissive cues made him look like he was curled up in a ball, his grey eyes cast to the side as he apologized quietly. It made the young prince sad, to see this grownup all scared and sorry when the pup could now smell others on his fur: friends. He smelled like friends and so he was a friend, and even if he’d given the Haskel a big fright, the puppy had only wanted to scare him a little.

The golden wolfdog waved his tail awkwardly, ears perked as the other continued to mumble something like an apology. When the other finally just offered his name, the boy was more confident: this was something he could deal with. He could make conversation and everything would be okay and nice and he’d be a good prince—good princes were nice and forgiving.

“I’m Prince Skoll Haskel!” the puppy barked, but unfortunately, despite his good intentions, he was speaking very loudly. “I sorry I scared ya, mister, but I thought you were a bad monster. ’s okay now though. Maybe you’re lost? It’s a big-big place, Cour des Miracles.” His kid voice was fluent pronouncing the pack name, at least, his tongue adapting easily to French as his mother sometimes spoke.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Trent felt rather guilty, especially when the adorable boy began to speak, still calling him 'mister'. Trent didn't really think he deserved to be called a mister, but he wasn't about to object. Even after giving his name, the little boy still called him such. He probably had good caretakers, teaching him all those manners and all. Trent should've known that homes were like dens, and he should've taken more time to smell the place. All of Cour des Miracles was drenched in the King's scent, so it was hard for Trent to determine which was his home, unlike that of others. It was one of the reasons he'd messed up, but still, it shouldn't be an excuse. He shouldn't have.

Still rather embarrassed and feeling submissive even though he was facing one of the pack's pups, Trent smiled a forced smile. Ah... Yes, it is. If he couldn't make himself feel less guilty, then the least he could do was pretend that he didn't know better and had gotten lost to redeem himself in the eyes of the youngster, Skoll. I was just looking for uh, stuff, but I don't really know which... How to get it. How did you get all of this? Trent glanced around the house a moment, then looked at Skoll, avoiding eye contact with the boy.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 229 Ugh I suck.

The gingery-haired canine smiled a bit, at least, and Skoll continued to wiggle his tail behind him encouragingly. He’d gotten into enough trouble himself to know when it was time to make nice and move on; he couldn’t stand others being mad at him or thinking that he was a bad boy when he wasn’t. Maybe Trent was feeling the same way, now that he’d messed up and was sorry about it.

Trent stammered out an explanation that turned quickly into a question, and it was the puppy’s turn to look blank and awkward. “Um, stuff?” He frowned and looked around at the hallway ponderously. “I got—um—already had all ’em stuff. Forever since I was borned,” he added quickly, hoping to get the point across that he was the last person the grownup would want to ask.

But then something came to him, and he chirped, “There’s stuff in Halderax, in the big city place. And Strelein gots a lot of stuff! Lotsa clothes and spools.” He grinned, even after mispronouncing the city’s name and forgetting to mention who Strelein actually was. Those were the only places were someone could actually obtain stuff, as far as in his little world. One day, when he was bigger, he did want to explore Halifax and the rest of the land for himself to see what the big deal was.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was almost weird to be around a puppy that was normal-sized -- that was wolf -- after having met so many in optime form. Trent wondered if they left the doors open all the time so that he would be able to go where he wanted. Or maybe he could shift, but just hadn't yet; the coywolf wasn't exactly sure how getting the virus worked, although he figured that if his parents had it -- and they probably did, considering pretty much everyone he met here did and their culture revolved around having thumbs -- then the boy was infected, too. Maybe there was an age limit, or maybe the boy just preferred his four-legged form for now.

He mentioned there were others with stuff; a Strelein, and then the city. Halifax. It seemed the safest place to go look for stuff, even if Trent didn't feel like leaving the pack territories much just yet. But neither did he want to end up the King's breakfast, lunch or dinner by screwing up again. I guess I'll have to go to the city, he said with a sigh; though he seemed to be talking more to himself than to the young prince. You're lucky to be born with so much stuff. Now he looked at Skoll again, even though it was more of a statement, again, than a question. Trent felt jealous, and then felt pretty low for being so envious of a little boy.

[/html]
[html]
Skoll Haskel

Word Count → 199

The gingery-haired man decided on the city, and Skoll frowned. In reality, he was jealous of the adult in that way; while he had all he needed here in the pack lands, he truly dreamed of being able to travel beyond. He didn’t want to leave Cour des Miracles by any means, no, but he was too little to travel to the city or other parts of the region. He had no freedom, especially now that he was cooped up with a cold. Almost drowning had taught him that much.

“You weren’t born with stuff?” the golden boy asked, an ear twitching almost shyly as he wondered if this question was appropriate. “I’m sorry,” he added, not quite sure what he was apologizing for. He hadn’t done anything wrong, anyway, other than perhaps scaring Mister Trent when the coywolf hadn’t been a threat. Even then, it was all instinctual. He continued to frown as he shook himself, backing away from the male. “I won’t tell Daddy,” he offered quickly. “Even if Daddy knowed, he wouldn’t be too mad. He’s a good King.” He wagged his tail quickly, but the motion quickly died away as it was replaced with uncertainty.

table by raze; template from the mentors

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.suncharskol-box {float:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.suncharskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 25px;}
.suncharskol .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:15px 25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.suncharskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.suncharskol p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.suncharskol .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.suncharskol p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.suncharskol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
ooc here · table by Alli!

Trent hated travelling and would've laughed at the boy's suggestion. But then, he had once been the same. Perhaps he had never had this sort of stuff, but he'd had other stuff; prestegious parents, family, a pack he could have made a name in... Trent had just decided that the stuff he'd had wasn't important enough. He, too, had longed to travel beyond what stuff he had, and it had cost him everything. Now he was here, stuff-less in every way.

"Uh, thanks." He really did appreciate that the boy wouldn't tell his father, since an enraged king was the last thing that Trent needed right now. "So, you're the uh, king's son, huh?" Awkwardly, Trent scratched the back of his ear, trying desperately to make conversation but knowing he wasn't doing a very good job at it so far. "Do you like living here?"

<style type="text/css">
.trentfeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#735245; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.trentfeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; text-align:left;}
.trentfeb1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.trentfeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:600px;background-color:#1b0100; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BxMZH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 123px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5f301b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Skoll Haskel

Word Count → 225

Awkwardness permeated the hall the two males held their conversation in, and it was something that Skoll was not at all used to. He always had something bright to say, even if it wasn’t especially bright to an adult, but his mouth had never stopped moving for want of words. The other’s discomfort made his skin prickle, however, and as he adjusted his seat on the ground, he wished he could make Trent disappear. It wasn’t out of meanness, but Trent made him feel guilty for stupid and reasonless reasons.

“Yeah,” the prince answered, copying the ear-scratch with a hind foot. His tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth. “Me ’n’ Hati ’n’ Liam are kingsons, an’ then Lottie’s my sister. Hati ’n’ Lottie are inna litter.” He hoped that by describing his siblings that Trent might understand Haskel-Catori family better, what with him breaking into their house.

“I like livin’ here!” Skoll barked with slightly more enthusiasm, though his voice was getting hoarse from his cold again. “There’re horses an’ I have friends, like Caspa—she’s part ghost—and Terra’s a silly coyote-wolf. An’ I got Liam to teach me stuff, an’ Daddy too, an’ Mom is good and helps take care-a me.”

He beamed like sunlight, and then a cloud passed over as he ventured, “Do you like livin’ inna Court?”

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.suncharskol {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: justify; margin:0px 25px;}
.suncharskol .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Almendra SC'; text-align:right; line-height:20px; padding:15px 25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
.suncharskol p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.suncharskol b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Trent listened to what the boy said, although he didn't recognise any of the names he mentioned. Not the siblings, anyway, names that were meaningless to him since he had never heard of them before. He felt awkward, and because that was his usual state of being, Trent despised feeling as he did. The coywolf just nodded at the words the boy spoke, and wondered if maybe it'd be better if he would just leave.

When the boy got more enthusiastic, Trent felt a little less uncomfortable, simply because if one of them was continuously talking, at least it wouldn't be quite as awkward. He listened, large coyote-like ears perked forward, and finally there were a few familiar names. He didn't really think that Caspa was part ghost, and considered speaking up against it, but in the end it didn't really seem to matter. If that was what Skoll wanted to believe, well... Trent didn't think that it would be much use arguing with a kid about such things anyway.

"That's nice. I know Caspa and Terra too." He smiled awkwardly, and remembered his first very awkward meetings with both of them all too well. Wasn't his life a party? "Well, I haven't been here for very long, so... I don't know yet if I like it here. But at least it's better than being outside alone." Again the awkward, forced smile, which Trent hoped the young boy wouldn't be able to tell from a real, genuine sort of smile.

<style type="text/css">
.trentfeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#735245; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;}
.trentfeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#473c35; text-align:left;}
.trentfeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:90%; max-width:600px;background-color:#1b0100; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BxMZH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 123px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5f301b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Skoll Haskel

Word Count → 190 · Want to wrap up soon? :3 I know this thread's been going on for a long time. x3 I suppose there's opportunity for Trent to be like, "um noway" and leave in your next post if you wanted, even, but we can continue for as long as you want. xD

Skoll beamed naively as the male spoke of the pair of females. He was proud somehow of others knowing his friends; he loved to share them and to hear others talk about them and everything. It was like they belonged to him, in a silly childish way, and he wanted to know if others liked them and what adventures they had. It was like he was with them all the time, a part of their lives, even if he wasn’t truly present. He almost thought to bother Trent more about it, nab some details, but he wasn’t deaf to the way the male spoke and the muffled discomfort in his tone. He had a feeling that he shouldn’t try to make the coywolf talk much more.

“Oh, well, I hope y’ like it,” the blonde boy mumbled, looking down at his paws thoughtfully. “It’s cold outside too. But food here, an’ friends iffa make friends. An’ always y’can live inna hotel or inna house or somethin’.” He hopped up onto all fours and blurted without thinking of how the words could frighten Trent, “You can stay here iffa need to!”

<style>
</style>

[/html]
sure, i'll have trent leave here so we can wrap this up. Big Grin my last post, thanks for the thread!

[html]

The speak of food made Trent feel guilty about his regular trips to the food storages and the kitchen; taking without giving back, being a scavenger. He nodded quietly to Skoll, though. "Uh, yeah," he agreed in a mumble. Then came an enthused blurt of words that didn't frighten Trent much, although it did overwhelm him a little. Quite the energy-costing little guy this was.

He shook his head, though, rejecting the offer. "I uh, I stay at the hotel. I... should probably head back." Trent got up off the ground and shot Skoll an apologetic expression before averting his gaze again. "So uh... I'll see you around, right?" Sorry again, he thought after, but couldn't bring himself to say the words.

Then Trent started to leave the house, if Skoll had nothing else to say, making his way back to the hotel where he'd take a quick nap.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]