Chasing Feathers
Quote:Date: Fabruary 10
Time: Morning/Afternoon
Mood: Worry
Form: Lupus, may later change into Luperci

[html]

OOC: I could not think of a tittle o-O
WC: 429

Damn that bird! Her mind muttered loudly as she trotted through the land. Her gaze was lifted to the sky as her strong lithe form stood stationed amongst some rocks. Her gaze studied the sky above her, “Falcrin!” She barked up to the cloud filled sky, “Falcrin you damn bird where in the bloody hell did you go?” She growled up to the bridless sky. She then lowered her gaze her head dropped between her shoulders as her four legged body moved forward. “When I find you I’ll-” Her body suddenly jerked to a halt, her eyes grew wide as her nostrils flared. Her head lifted up from between her shoulders quickly, her tail swayed behind her as she breathed in deeply the scents that had hit her.

She moved forward, slowly but then fast. A steady trot forward until she came to a complete halt before, what she knew to be the border of a wolf pack territory. She lifted her nose to the gentle cool breeze and inhaled, her eyes grew wide. Amongst the many scents of wolves she spotted the small familiar scent of her hawk companion. Her mind ran with thought and then she did the one thing she did only once before when standing before the borders of a wolf pack. She lifted her head and released a calling howl. Her voice lifted and then lowered until the howl was drowned out by the winds.

The she wolf then lowered her head, her gaze plastered before her as she watched the sky and hoped that her winged companion had heard her. As she waited, her ears twitched and listened for any signs of others that had come to approach and investigate her call. She would not have meant to call forth the pack, for the she wolf had no intention of joining up. But her friend had flown far form her side, another of his wild goose chases she was placed on. She had to call him back, had to find him, and the only way she knew to bring her companion back to her, with out stepping over the border that separated pack territory and neutral territory, was to howl.

The wolf could feel her heart race within her chest as she stood and waited for her winged one to return. “Falcrin…” She whispered, “Falcrin where are you?” She pleaded with the sky.

There before the pack’s territory, there stood a wolf her gaze lifted to the sky and through into the territory of the pack that claimed the current land before her.

<style type="text/css">
.hawk-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#006600; letter-spacing:1px; }
.hawk-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.hawk-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.hawk-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... edited.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here.

Keldava had woken Dalgina up with the chatter of how they were going to help Mahn with her job, and patrol the borders. Dalgina had agreed happily enough, and the two puppies had set off on their journey. They weren't entirely sure what the border was, or when they would reach there, but helping Mahn seemed really nice. It was a lot of work, with the puppies often getting distracted by the stuff around them, breaking into games of tag and tackle, or Dalgina stopping to look at something she thought of as particularly pretty.

Wandering the way they were it was hard to miss the sound of a howl echoing through the air. Dalgina looked up in surprise from her latest investigation uncovering a rock. What was that? The pups burst into a run over the snow, barking as they headed to investigate the noise. A wolf came into view, and Dalgina realized they hadn't answered her call. Sitting down Dalgina piped up her tiny voice, a small howl that just barely passed the distance between them. Pleased that she'd done it right Dalgina finished the short distance between them, Keldava at her side. Who are you?

<style type="text/css">
.dalgink b {font-weight:bold; color:#ff585e; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow:#2f0518 1px 1px 1px;}
.dalgink p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.dalgink .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:right;}
.dalgink {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#b64538; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DUMAk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2f0518; padding: 310px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2f0518; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.dalgink p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dalgink p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: wow, I'm sorry for the shortness.
WC: 181

The ears of the wolf twitched to the sound of a small howl, to the inexperience of the howl the wolf had begun to assume that its owner was young, possible a pup. The wolf’s ears twitched again as her gaze swung to the right, her mind was displeased with the outcome of her call. She had hoped her winged companions would screech his coming, but in her howl's return she got- pups that came from the pack’s territory. Deirdre’s gaze widen as they settled upon the young creatures that had approached her.

The wolf’s features softened as she answered the young cub’s question. A sucker for pups the she wolf would be as gently and friendly to them as she would not for many others. The wolf smiled, “Deirdre.” She stated calmly her gaze lifted away from the young things to grace the sky and then lower to view the path the two had come from, she then plastered her gray orbs upon the young creatures. “What are the two of you doing so far from your pack?” She asked.

<style type="text/css">
.hawk-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.hawk-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... edited.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here.

A soft answer was the reply to Dalgina's inquisitive question. She glanced over at Keldava, the pup's tail already beginning to twitch with excitement. It wasn't every day they met someone that wasn't pack, after all. Dalgina still had trouble distinguishing pack and not pack, believing that Uncle Noah was pack, but it was pretty clear that she wasn't, standing at the borders. Pack would have crossed over, or worse, yelled at them for coming so close to the borders. They were older now though. They had the right to travel, and explore, and help the pack out. Well, Keldava was the one that wanted to do that. Dalgina was more interested in the pretty coloring of the female's coat. She stepped right over the borders, sniffing at the stranger before experimentally sticking her tongue out and licking at the fur.

It didn't come off, as Dalgina hung her tongue out to see. It was very difficult, with her muzzle in the way to see what her tongue looked like. Some twisting around managed to do that though. Intrigued in what she was doing Dalgina missed the question, though Keldava picked up on it quickly enough. We're patrolling the borders! We look for bad guys and protect the pack! Dalgina twisted around at those words, her eyes wide. There's bad guys? Keldava hadn't told her that, just that they'd be helping Mahn. Being told that there were bad guys was scary.

<style type="text/css">
.dalgink b {font-weight:bold; color:#ff585e; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow:#2f0518 1px 1px 1px;}
.dalgink {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#b64538; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DUMAk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2f0518; padding: 310px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2f0518; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for being late. Big Grin.
WC: 292

One pup crossed the border and wondered toward the large female wolf. The she wolf tilted her head and smiled softly as the little pup’s nose came to sniff at her fur. Amused by the next thing that happened, Deirdre laughed as the cub stuck out her tongue and licked her fur. “Taste anything new?” She asked smiling at the little pup, “I’ve been running for a while, so my coat may taste dirty.” The she wolf laughed softly as her tail wagged a little behind her. The she wolf could not help but giggle as she partook in watching the young cub attempt to catch a glimpse at her own tongue. The young creature was adorable to the older wolf, and the sight of the two young creatures brought warmth into her. Deirdre could not help but keep a smile plastered upon her muzzle.

Her smile soon began to fail her as the second of the two pups spoke up and answered her previous question. The she wolf smirked a frown and then spoke, her gray gaze lowered to grace the two little creatures before her. “Yes,” she began. “There are bad guys, those who would wish to harm you and your kin.” She lowered her head between her shoulders, lowered it so that she could meet the young things at eye level. She spoke, “But I am not a bad guy, this I promise you.” She offered the little ones a smile, “I am looking for a friend. A hawk.” She lifted her gaze up to the sky and toward the territory that belonged to the pack that lived there. “He flew toward your home,” her gaze lowered again to meet the pups. “I am waiting for him to return…”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here.

Dalgina's eyes were wide. Realizing that her tingla was frightened, Keldava came over, licking her face. Dalgina nuzzled into the comfort of her tingla, still scared by the thought that bad guys might turn up at any time. This trip to the borders was suddenly a lot more frightening. Dalgina wanted to go ingali. She'd be safe there, and all her talnala was there too. Except when they decided to go and play, but even Dalgina did that sometimes. She wasn't about to stop traveling just because she got a little scared. She'd just make sure not to go alone. That way the bad guys wouldn't have a chance to snatch her.

Keldava puffed up her chest, standing as big and fierce as the young pup could. Don't worry, I protect you! No bad guys come near! She glared at Deirdre challengingly, daring her to say otherwise. Comforted Dalgina licked Keldava's ear as Deirdre spoke, confirming that there really were bad guys out there. Shivering a little Dalgina relaxed as the adult stated she was a good guy, waiting for her friend to return. Twisting her head up Dalgina stared at the tochina. Like Grynn? Her tail wagged happily at the thought of her bird friend.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the lateness and shortness of this post...we need something to happen. Big Grin
WC: 219

She was quickly amused by the protectiveness of the young pup over the other and this sight before her brought delight to her. Deirdre smiled warmly as she gazed upon the small little pups, “Don’t worry little ones, if there were any who wished harm upon either of you.” She grinned slyly, “I’ll deal with them.” She gazed down at the young pups, “I may not be of your pack, but I will not allow anyone to harm you.” Her tail wagged softly as she spoke this, her gaze lingered upon the young ones showing a gentle kind of spark. She spoke the truth; she would not allow anyone to harm the young things. Though she was not part of their pack, she loved children and would not allow anything to harm the young, even if there were no relation between her and those she desired to protect.

“Grynn?” The older she wolf spoke curiously, “If this Grynn is of the winged kind. Then yes, like Grynn.” She smirked, “My friend’s name is Falcrin.” She told the young one stealing a glance toward the north, “He enjoys leading me on chases.” She jested as she turned her gaze back to the two pups, “You have not by chance seen a red-tailed hawk flying around your pack’s territory, have you?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC You asked, I grant. Jace is gonna come barreling in, and she doesn't take kindly to strangers being around her pups XD

Keldava stared at Deirdre dubiously. They didn't need her protection. Keldava could do that. She was old enough. After all, they had come out to patrol the border all on their own. Dalgina liked the idea though. Deirdre could be like an angel. Not a real one, like Eclipse was, but kinda like one, willing to protect them if anything bad happened. Her tail wagged happily at the thought, reaching over and tugging on Keldava's ear.

Deirdre spoke up, confirming Dalgina's thought that the friend was like Grynn. Satisfied that she was right Dalgina pounced back onto Deirdre's leg. Grynn amazing! Grynn can fly! She thought that this was a very important fact, considering how that was something she couldn't do herself. The name was even similar to Grynn's! Dalgina wondered if all birds had the same kind of name. Maybe if she changed her name she would be able to fly too. Dalgina looked up curiously at Deirdre's description. What's a hawk?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
slight pp, hope nobody minds
LOL I just realised that Jace and Deirdre have met before XD very briefly Clicky

Dismay filled her as her eyes showed her that she was two down on the count for how many pups should be within the nursery. Honrin and Pandora were sleeping quietly together upon their furs while Keldava and Dalgina were nowhere to be found. How in the hell did they keep getting out? Seriously, they were escape artists, she had raised two sneaks.. good lord. Amused dismay did not turn to true worry until their scent trail changed direction and made a beeline straight for the borders. Oh they hadn't, please say they hadn't. The female switched from a light jog to an all out run, a marathon runner's speed and stamina, for Jace was made to be such a thing by her very blood, on top of her daily training.

A howl passed her by and the female stopped to listen intently, just audible above the sound of the wind in the bare branches was a returning howl, a child's howl. Growling to herself Jace resumed her racing run , the snowy ground flew by beneath her feet and the woman's hands clenched, if anyone had even touched them then there would be blood staining the snow and murder spilling into the world. Blue and amber eyes blazed their fury and her fur bristled along the entire length of her spine. Turned over ears pulled back against the crown of her head.

They sat before her, as though out for an early morning meeting, as happy go lucky as you please. Her angry growl rolled out before her, aimed at the children rather than the stranger just beyond the borders. It was coupled with two barking calls of their names, her voice sharp, icicle sharp,

"Dalgina! Keldava! Get over here now!" She had told them, specifically told them that they were not to go near the borders, that they were to stay in Ichika's center. She slowed back down to a jog and then finally pulled to a halt several meters from the trio of females. Her muzzle wrinkled and the tips of her fangs were shown, if the strange woman had any sense she would back away from her children, the two girls scurried towards her side quickly, not wanting to make thair Mahn even more upset with them. Once her children were relatively save next to her ashen paws she turned her full attention to the woman, Jace had no idea of her intent towards Ichika or her kids, so she was therefore assumed to be a threat for now. Tan tipped ears pulled forwards and her tail raised itself in a dominant stance,

"Can I help you." There was no question within her voice although it was a question that she asked, it promised pain if she reacted violently or aggressively but other than that it was merely defensive against the woman who was unknown to her, a reasonable reaction really considering there were children involved. Her nose twitched subtly, testing the air for her fragrance to confirm that it was indeed a stranger when surprisingly she recognised she scent, her eyes narrowed slightly in confusion and she spoke again, her agressive stance relaxing a small amount,

"Haven't I met you somewhere before? I remember your scent."
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the late reply again. lol This time I'll try and reply sooner. Also Big Grin D does know Jace!...though if she remebers their meeting, is a whole different story. ^^
WC: 468

The older she wolf laughed as the little one returned to a playfulness she enjoyed seeing in all young ones. Deirdre grinned as her gaze turned to the pup, “well a hawk is a type of bird.” She went on to explain, “One similar to us as they are predators and hunt prey.” She beamed with joy as she spoke with the little one, “There are many types of birds, do you know what type of bird your friend is?” She asked softly, her gleeful gaze flickering behind them for only a moment. She shook her head, sighing as she soon knew that her companion would not return for some time.

That damn bird, her mind mumbled as she plastered a playful smile upon her muzzle. She barely heard the growl that erupted out from behind them; it was not until two names were snarled out into the opening that the wolf’s gaze came to be focused upon the third to step out from the pack’s territory. Deirdre, who had been sitting, quickly stood her body moving two steps back from the borderline. Her gaze darted to where the angry looking female stepped forward her voice reaching out to greet her.

Deirdre stood proud, showing that she would not be one to easily submit but to also show respect her tail had been lower and her body language read passive. She had no desire to make enemies or start a fight, especially when there were young about. The she wolf grinned in the only way her lupus form could and lowered her head in a respective bow, “I do not know.” She replied to the other her grey gaze sought out the luperci, “My companion flew through your territory, and as I am not of your pack I did not dare pass to go look for him.” Her head stayed bowed, her form neutral, “So I simply wait here in hopes that my companion will return to me.” She turned a smiling gaze toward the young pups, “and in my wait.” Her voice was calm, “Two of the young ones came to greet my call that I used to summon my friend.” She offered a small chuckle, “I had hoped to bring forth my companion with the howl, but it instead brought pups.”

After her explanation of the reason for her being there the she wolf found herself tilting her head in wonder, “We could have met once before.” Her voice reached out as her nose played with the scent of the other female, “But-” Her voice paused and then continued her gaze lingering upon the other older wolf, “You must forgive me if I do not recall who you are, though I will agree your scent is also familiar to me, if only slight.” She smirked.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC she really shouldn't be smirking XD

An angry growl reached the adventurous pups. Dalgina froze, recognizing it as her mahnaya. Keldava had no such qualms over the anger that was heard. Their names were barked out, sending the pair running to her side. Dalgina whined softly, trying to avoid Mahn's rage. She rubbed against the grey leg, trying to appear as innocent of the situation as possible. Keldava stood strong. She looked cowed by the anger facing her, but rapidly turned, baring her own tiny fangs at Deirdre as she mimicked her mother.

Deirdre didn't look threatening in the small pup's eyes. The only really frightening one in the situation was Mahn, with enough fierceness running through her to send packs fleeing in fear. Dalgina had never met anyone unfriendly, and with her soft dreamy nature couldn't even imagine them. The only worries in her life were getting lost and making her talnala upset. It seemed strange that her mahn would be upset over something like this. They had just wanted to help.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for taking so long, been having muse problems. Scroll over for language translations|411+

Sense did indeed breed here for the stranger backed off immediately from her children even as they abandoned her and scampered to her feet. The whimpered whines met her ears and she looked down angrily as the two, flesh moved against her leg as Dalgina tried to acquit herself pf any guilt or wrongdoing but Jace knew her daughter far two well, the language of the arctics boiled up inside of her and she hissed the command down to them, her voice promising much punishment for them if they disobeyed,

Skeet! Skeet Nyana She expected Dalgina to cease her whimpering and for Keldava to cover up her fangs and mind business that was her own. They had caused this mess and now Jace had to clean if up if there was a mess to be had. Brown tipped ears and black muzzled face turned up again to focus on the smaller lupus form as she listened to the explanation given to her. A bird was what she was waiting for. For a second Jace thought of Neela's Grynn and wondered if she and this other canine's partner had clashed. If it was so then the woman who's name she could not recall would be waiting a long time for her most likely dead companion. The howl had been a cry for the bird then and not for a pack members, again Jace looked down angrily at her children and her voice bit out,

Yes, they should not have come to greet you. But them disobeying my word is not your cause. They know better. Even though technically the words were for Deidre, they were thrown at the children just to cement the fact that Mahn was very upset with them. Jace hardly dared to let herself think what could have happened if the lupus woman had been someone else, someone less against harming children, it made her heart beat too fast and her stomach tie itself up in knots. Could they not see the danger of their foolish actions. A second time her head turned up to the woman as she spoke, there was a semblance of rememberance there too although any vividness had long since faded into both of their minds, she decided to introduce herself, maybe names could help for none came forth from the recesses of her mind for her to grasp at,

I am Jace, the Yakuso here or rather, the master animal carer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Table by Sie

<style>
.jace-mountains .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jace-mountains p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jace-mountains b {color:#16323D; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.jace-mountains {background-color:#BAD9E5; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/jace.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:1px solid #16323D; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#42616D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.jace-mountains-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: That's ok, you're not the only person lossing a muse. xD
WC: 361

Deirdre smiled lightly, “They are children. There has been no harm done,” She offered a friendly light smirk. She understood the view of the other female, knew it to well. What if she had not been a friendly stranger, one who adored children and would protect them from what every stood as a threat. If she were not this type of stranger the cubs would have surely perished beneath other’s fangs.

The she wolf not really knowing what to say anymore stood up after the other female introduced herself. The name had a ring, but again, so much had happened to this one wolf that names and memories before her changing were as cloudy as the foggiest of days. Deirdre stood up on four legs, her head bowing lightly to Jace, “Deirdre.” She stated calmly, “A wonderer.” She jested lightly offering but another soft calm smile.

As she stood with a bow a light squawking sound echoed across the sky and a flapping could be heard. Deirdre’s head lifted as gray orbs scanned the area the pack creatures had ventured from. In the distance not far behind the three was but a dark brown shape soaring toward them. Deirdre’s tail began to sway lightly, “Falcrin…” The winged one’s names escaped from her. She turned her gaze once more on the group, ignoring the bird as it came closer to them, soon swooping down, screeching, and then landing on a perch not to far from where the she wolf stood.

The massive red-tailed hawk sat on his perch; his plume stuck out in a proud manner, the hawk squawked causing the female to gaze upon him and snort. “Took you long enough,” She stated calmly toward the winged creature. “Why did you make me come all the way out here?”

The hawk began to prune between his talons, small droplets of blood could be seen staining his claws. The she wolf sighed, “Really?” The hawk turned a stern golden gaze upon her, eyes staring at her as if to say, ‘of course. I was feeling something different.’ The woman snorted again and smirked before turning a gaze on Jace and her cubs.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here.

The harsh hiss silenced Dalgina completely, turning into a hunkering pile of misery at her mahn's feet. They had just wanted to help. Dalgina had liked the idea of helping Mahn patrol the borders, and Keldava had been so sure it was a good idea. Like any good tingla would, Keldava covered her teeth and trotted over to Dalgina, thoroughly washing the inside of the black pup's ears with her raspy tongue. She was more boisterous than Dalgina in the face of this disaster, the bolder member of the pair. She was feeling horrible though. After all, Mahynaya was her idol.

Dalgina squeezed her eyes shut at the angry words and proceeded to work at melting away. Maybe if she concentrated really hard she would not be there anymore, somewhere inside Ichika, safe and happy from harm. Something fluttered down, and Keldava nudged Dalgina, trying to get her cheered up by the sight of the bird, but the puppy stubbornly refused to move, feeling the full extent of Mahn's wrath stretching down to her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Maybe is time we end this now Big Grin

She allowed her anger to fade as she interacted with this lone woman, she had done no wrong after all, in truth Jace was partially grateful to her for keeping the children in one place long enough for her to find them. She graced the other with a toothy grin in response to her smirk, maybe they would meet again in future sometime, who knew. She nodded her head, a name for a name, too much had happened to this hybrid also to retain memory of every person she met on her travels.

"I used to be a wanderer like yourself, until I found my other half and these ones came along, with their brother and other sister." She looked down at the two children, Dalgina a quivering lump of fur and Keldava slightly braver still watching Deidre and her harsh gaze softened slightly before re-hardening, they had to learn to follow orders, that ability was crucial within a pack and was what kept it running smoothly. A flapping sound turned her head and she saw a bird reveal itself from within Ichika and make towards them, finally landing nearby. This one was a lot larger than Grynn and had plumage that was more striking but Jace retained her fondness for her friends companion.

Their interaction was peculiar and her head tilted sideways slightly as she strove to understand it. Finally she gave it up as a bad job and returned her attention to the hear and now, with gentle words she explained that she had to get her children back home before their father worried and came to find them,

"I trust you not to slink across our borders. You have your companion now. I wish you good day Deidre." It was a slight warning, not much though, just a statement that her presence within the Ichikan borders would be unwelcomed, unless she changed her mind upon being a wanderer and decided to join them instead. She waited a suitable amount of seconds and when no declaration so came forth she turned and ushered her young ones back into the forest.