All that glitters is gold.
[html]
This is OOC text. Have fun with it.

This festival of Mahavites's was going pretty well in the white wolfess's opinion. She had done some trading, both of her dyes and pigmentation services, as well as in the new “commodity” she discovered that was turning out to be quite popular. Still, despite her sudden new found profession and all the male attention she could get, her mind was on someone oh so different than the guys. Luckily she learned that most of the guys would just trade for her time, rarely did she actually give her body, but still. The person she had met had already taught her much about the craft, even if it was just by watching her. Soul... she was... some kind of woman.

Orin smiled and chuckled softly to herself as she thought of her new friend. Meandering through the tents and stalls, she revisited one particular place that had a fine brocade fabric she liked. The material was still there, but the price tag still surpassed her budget. She didn't even know what she would do with it if she got it, anyway, although a nice, decadent silk cloak sounded like fun.

Moving on, she wandered down the path to another stall full of gold and gems. Golden table ware, ornamented chalices, and other things purportedly meant for dining but that she didn't know what they really did hung from the makeshift walls. These things were pretty, but she really didn't care to look at them for long, since they didn't make much sense to her.

She wandered out of that tent and into the center of the 'street', eyes peering up and then down the road, half searching for the chocolate toned woman she had met the other day, but there were no flocks of men swooping around one point so she assumed Soul wasn't out and about right now. A small sigh hung on her lips as she turned to peer down the road and espy the makeshift stable down at the end of the way. Oh, once again she found herself looking at the livestock – this time from afar – and wishing that she could trade for something. A pig, a llama... maybe even a horse. She so enjoyed riding on horseback, yet the one mare she often rode belonged to Cercatori d'Arte, and not herself.

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:290

The festival had been winding down for him, the trading had been fun for the first few days or weeks but otherwise the new had slowly wound down and he had become bored of most of it. Today would be the last day he was attending, unless X’y wanted him to come back and dance which he wouldn’t turn down. But for now he was dressed in his armor, his stance as he walked along the fairgrounds. The behemoth was indeed wandering aimlessly, having not met many people he had already known. Overall it had been a pleasant experience, one that he would look back on.

Blue eyes wandered along all the multitudes of patrons, bored and ready to return home. But those blues fell upon a curious looking woman, her hair colored pink; well until it flowed into yellow. It seemed a stain across her otherwise perfect white fur. It wasn’t until his curiosity got the better of him and he walked closer before he remembered somewhere in the past having met this girl once. An eyebrow arched as he walked closer, clearing his throat to gain her attention.

“You look much too lonely for being such a beautiful woman, Orin isn’t it?” he inquired, hoping he had remembered her name correctly. The great beast crossed his arms as he leaned against a set of railing, appraising the way she seemed to carry herself. If he had known any better he would have guessed she carried herself in such a fashion to attract loads of attention. But being a faithful mate, he didn’t give the impression he was seeking anything of that nature.

“I take it you are still in the Art pack?” he said with a gentle tone.

Image courtesy of Frau Böb@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.ST-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.ST-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

She didn't know he was there until he spoke to her, breaking her reverie and making her start just ever so slightly. The wolfess turned to the man quickly, her eyes wide, an expression of surprise on her face. She may have noticed his proximity if they hadn't been at the festival, for a man being so close to her was strange otherwise. But here sometimes the street became so busy that you were walking shoulder to shoulder with a stranger.

She recognized the man at once, even though their only meeting had been brief and under stand circumstances. “Hey, hi. You're... Sa... Saluce?” She asked, wondering the same thing about his name that he wondered of hers. A smile came to her then, nodding that he had gotten her name right. He said something else, something about d'Arte, and it reminded her of the very day they had met. What was she doing that day? Oh yeah, sitting around crying. But about what, she couldn't remember. Maybe it was best that way.

“Well, I left d'Arte for a while and joi... it's a long story,” she cut herself off, deciding she would rather not get into the fine details of her life with a mostly stranger right now. “But yes, I'm still with d'Arte. Things are going... well...” She tried but failed miserably at the lie.

“So what about you?” she asked. Music suddenly burst to life behind them, and she turned to glance for a moment but the troubadours were behind a tent, so she turned back to Saluce. “Are you still with D... No.. Where do you live now?”

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:

The fae seemed to be distracted; he could perceive it, as blues looked upon her arching an eyebrow. She had been crying the last time he had saw her, and her sincerity that day had been admirable. But he detected a slight change in her, but as always he didn’t voice it, or address it. He simply let her finish her sentences or half sentences; it really was kind of unnerving really. But he kept his smile and stood quietly nodding.

“I’m in Ichika with my mate X’yrin now, suffering the hippie pack as it is.” He said with a slight grin, knowing her pack would probably have several so called hippies as well. But he guessed there should be something else to keep him talking with her, since they really didn’t have a lot outwardly in common.

“So how has the festival been going for you?”he asked “I haven’t had much luck trading any of the weapons I brought, but my mate made out very well with all the furs and other items she brought.” It was really odd that no one had really wanted to trade for any of them. One patron had wanted a dagger of his but had nothing of value to trade for it. But he was content, they could go back to Ichika with him and he’d keep them or pass them out to worthy wolves in the pack.

<style>
.ST-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ST-K-01 {background-color:#cec6a2; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7827/sal1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .ST-K-01-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

“You know, I've never been to Ichika. I don't think I was ever even in that area before it was taken by your people. Hmm... Hey, I remember hearing something once. This might be a little strange but... do you have llamas there?” She grinned sheepishly, knowing it was a random question to ask of him. “I know they like mountains and everything and I heard that there was a herd there once. I've been raising this cow, you see, and I've wanted a llama for months.” Whatever a cow had to do with a llama, maybe he would make the connect, but she simply meant that raising one stock animal made her want more, and she remembered reading about the intriguing creatures.

It was getting a little odd just standing in the middle of the street, so she turned toward the direction of the small animal prairie, waving him along with her. “You want to walk, a little?” She asked as she casually began strolling down the road.

“Mm,” she muttered, a small laugh hanging there. “The festival has been a lot of fun. It's so neat to see all this stuff gathered together in one place.” She made a sweeping motion with her arm. “I brought a lot of pigments and have been offering dying services. I mix paint and stuff too. I also brought a few jugs of milk from Soraya the Cow, but those items aren't really unique so it's not been taking off too well. But it's more than I'd be making sitting around in d'Arte though, and it gives me something to do.” She glanced up at the man, smiling. She chose to leave out her very recently learned profession. She wasn't always scouting for clients, and didn't walk around flaunting it all the time for coin. She did, however, walk around flaunting it just because she was Orin, and that's what the small woman did even without knowing it.

“I've really got my eyes set on some of the livestock, but I don't think I'll really be making enough to get anything.” She peered ahead longingly at the stables down the street. “I've been wanting a llama. I just saw pigs for the first time here, but I can't really imagine what to do with them... and I'd like a horse. Only I don't really know the first thing about horses. There's one I was riding but it belongs to the pack, not me.”

Once again Orin took the silence and filled it with her incessant prattle. Well, she was a woman of many words, and those who knew her already knew that about her. Finally there was a short pause in her sentences, probably just time to breath, but still it was chance for Saluce to join in all the same.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:300

Saluce watched her, crossing his arms and listening intently. She seemed to have known a bit about Ichika, mentioning llamas several times, and the intent wasn’t missed by him. But that was something he wasn’t able to trade so he simply smiled and nodded to her. Her mention of a walk and her sly little smile and beckon for him to join him where too much for him to resist. A broad grin slowly crept over his mouth as he followed her. Just like the man he was, he took a moment to admire her backside before letting long strides catch him back up to her.

What he had been looking for had been in poor supply, while the festival had many things, the types of things he was actually looking for where very scarce if not completely absent from the various traders. Eyebrows arched again at her mention of llamas and he could only smile as he let her take hold of the conversation.

“Ichika does have Llamas but I’m sad to say that I’m not able to trade any of them. But as I did state I do have several weapons and some of my mates furs left over.” He added quietly, smirking quietly. “I’ve actually been looking for precious metals and other metal stock to finish up re-doing my blacksmith shop. But here lately since there seems to be none of those things around, I’ve been just looking for anything of interest.” What was interesting to him, he had no idea. He had already gotten X’y her engagement gift and he really didn’t need anything for himself. Maybe he’d look for someone for Nayru, and Saul and their two children. He wasn’t sure. He filtered through the crowd, keeping up with the white woman, sometimes having to excuse himself between rowdy fair goers.

<style>
[/html]