In days of revolt I too, carried a torch. (AW)
[html]

SARCOPHILOUS
OOC- My first rp post in a very long time... feel free to criticize as necessary haha oh goodness..

In his Optime form, Sarcophilous drearily pushed hefty extremities onward, forepaws gently waving over his crown as he scratched his head in loss. Mixed eyes scanned the horizon, watching the perimeters with a weary and unknowing glaze within his orbs. In all seriousness it seemed he was never exactly lost, since he had always been a wanderer. It was still, at times, chilling to come across regions so unknown. The wind forwarded calamity with a thrusting breeze upon him, but he stood all the same as he watched for Huginn's arrival. The bird had taken off somewhere and was often a very audible creature, which is why it surprised Sarc to have not even heard from the crow yet. The brute set his rump upon a nearby stone, which seemed to have been etched or inscribed with some sort of writing many years ago. The object was canvassed with roots and wild plants of several varieties, so Sarc paid little attention to what it might have said.

With poor posture and a single tooth exposed over the skin of his lip, Sarc only made his appearances all the less becoming and enticing. He gazed over the field before him, capturing the scenery within his mental image as he attempted to hold it for future reference. The sun barely advertised itself today. It remained disclosed between curtains of clouds that preferred to have their turn of fun. Sarc began to lose himself in the calm, cooling air, and allowed his eyes to become shut momentarily as the vast fields permitted a straight, authoritative flow of wind to clash against his own robust and dynamic mass.

Hear the mourners-The earth is gasping for air. Sneering at this thoughtless ravage- If we don't wake we'll massacre ourselves.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
you've done all the things that could kill you somehow
and you're so far down
but you will survive it somehow because life starts now

Word Count → 336 :: Yay new person! <3 This thread looked lonely.

Vesper traveled southwest again, venturing into territories she had avoided for months. The bitter sting of her loss came back to her when she scented the tamaracks and oaks, and only her stubbornness kept her from turning back. The past was the past; she had drilled this lesson into her head a thousand times. One did not forget the past, but one did not needlessly dwell on it, either. So she pushed her memories aside, focusing instead on the feel of the frozen earth under her paws and the odors carried by the blustery wind.

She wondered if she shouldn’t venture all the way to the tip of the peninsula—farther than she had ever been before. It was strange to think that she hadn’t wandered all over Nova Scotia in what seemed like an eternity here, but it had not even been a full year. She smirked and shook her head before skirting the edge of a kettle lake, jumping through the vegetation lining the frozen shallows and shaking the frost from her patchwork pelt. It was probably for the best that she explored this area, however; she was the Optio, after all, and needed to gather what intelligence she could while she was here. There was a lot of chaos at the Winter Festival—which she avoided like the plague—but she was sure that a few of her pack mates would visit. She flicked her ears in annoyance then swiveled them forward, freezing.

A greyish shape skittered through the light layer of snow, barely visible due to the overcast day. Her coyote-large ears could pinpoint it, however, and she crept forward slowly, step by step, her tawny body pressed low to the ground. Once she thought she was close enough to the pocket gopher, she surged forward—but the tiny rodent darted toward a hidden burrow and disappeared quick as a flash. Her pale paws slammed down next to the hole, and with a sharp yip of annoyance, the coyote hybrid started digging.

vesper lupus by me; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescute p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

SARCOPHILOUS
OOC- It was lonely indeed! I thought no one would respond to this lol. Also I love Vesper's personality...

A wavering, raspy call hurtled itself through the air, cutting sharp through Sarc's thoughts and silence. The brute gazed towards the heavens, as Huginn became apparent through a clearing in the sky. His beak open and shut numerous times as he continued to noisily circle the perimeter, refusing to take much command from his wolven companion. Sarc sighed as he made gestures in an attempt to coax the bird forward, knowing that the creature surely had no desire to listen. Caw's and gargling sounds became all the more audible, as if the winged trickster had been laughing without the slightest restrain. Sarc muttered back to himself with multi-hued eyes locked on the half-assed friend. "Yeah, fuck you too".

Sarc took one more opportunity to absorb the landscape before fulfilling the desire to parade on. He knew now where Huginn was, and had little worry upon him for the safety of the bird. Though he often times became irritated by the company of the crow, he still feared for his safety the same as a mother would for a child. In these past years, Sarcophilous had no desire for interaction with others. He enjoyed being alone, in his most primordial form, but from time to time shifted for various advancement purposes. As much as he did not enjoy becoming upright, neither bothering to bear clothes, it had the advantage for preparation of tools and objects of entertainment. For now, it seemed fit to exercise his practices in this way. It is best, after all, to have strengths from every angle possible.

Nostrils flared, Sarc took note of the scent of another... a feminine perfume radiating from a general direction, indicating her presence to the brute. A yip sang through the air, forcing Sarc's ears to an instinctive perk, as his extremities moved all on their own in approach towards her. Though Sarc often feared social interaction, primarily because he was bad at it, he similarly feared any creature would perceive him as too savage and cold to be in their company. Many he had met seemed to progress towards civilized mannerisms, but Sarc had no interest in such things. For this, he always told himself he should not care what they think; but he did. The wolf within could not forever remain in solitude, so for this he sought out the presence of a stranger, without knowledge of how he would behave.

Coming within distance of the woman, Sarc took note of coyote traits within her physique, comparing her genetic history with his own. He seemed more inclined to approach for this reason alone, but before he could open his mouth and permit the right words to escape, Huginn swooped down, claws out stretched, and struck at the tips of Sarc's ears. A sharp, loud and guttural snarl released itself from the core of his jugulars, emitting with a sense of calamity, and hopefully not so much that he would scare the woman from her place.

Hear the mourners-The earth is gasping for air. Sneering at this thoughtless ravage- If we don't wake we'll massacre ourselves.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
you've done all the things that could kill you somehow
and you're so far down
but you will survive it somehow because life starts now

Word Count → 268 :: I'm so sorry for the wait! :c I've been swamped lately so it's been a bit hard to get to everything as quickly as usual. Hope you'll forget that and the horror that is this post. xD

Teeth remained bared at the burrow, ears tight against her angular skull with defiance. The odor of the gopher and its fear teased her, and she had nearly begun to salivate with the anticipation of the catch. It wasn’t that she was starved, but a meal sounded damn good right about now. Statistics were against her, and this simply seemed to be one of those unlucky hunts.

She snorted again, already coming to terms with her lost prize, when the faint smell of another luperci grabbed her attention. The wind was at odds with it, but she managed to detect the general smell and glanced upward curiously, her dirtied paws drawing away from the hole. Over the past several days in her northern journeys, she’d met plenty of interesting canines, learned a few things; she could only assume that this would be another potential meeting.

A stocky charcoal shape treaded toward her, scarred from experience and withered from old age. Though from this distance she wasn’t able to distinguish his finer features, she could see dark trails of tattoos across his stomach.

The stranger interested her, but before she could speak, a snarl suddenly erupted from the grey creature. Her instincts taking over, Vesper jerked backwards a few steps, her tail held out bristling and her ears lowered. Blue eyes cut sharply to him until they began to trail after the dark winged shape that had swooped down on the male—and then she started to laugh.

“Damn crows.” The coywolf grinned wickedly. “I don’t know why you luperci are so fond of keeping such stupid featherbrains around.”

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vescute-box {}
.vescute {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vescute .words {font-size:37px; font-family: 'Reenie Beanie'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vescute p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescute b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

SARCOPHILOUS
OOC- Don't worry! Everyone has stuff to do ^^ and your post is just fine Smile Mine will easily be worse!

Sarc continued to swat away the pest that so joyously taunted him. For a bird named to mean Thought, the creature seemed to have very little. The brute barked with his enamels unsheathed, and Huginn cackled as he flew up into a nearby branch. Sarc immediately remembered the female before him, only to observe that she had taken humour from the little show him and his companion had put on. Sarc smiled with a silent laugh, brushing back some tangled locks that had been thrown over his face while the crow had come at him. His spine was hunched, and he corrected his posture as he approached the coywolf before him, eying her with a strange and childish attraction that he soon attempted to ignore. "I think it is they who are more fond of keeping us around". Sarc grinned a little wider, as Huginn flew over to his shoulder and playfully pecked at the bone jewellery from his ears.

"They may be feather brains", Sarc spoke as he scratched the underside of the petite monster's beak, "but easily good friends to have." The bird began to make audible gestures of pleasure, before attempting to belt out words he had learned from his luperci friend. "Fuck! Fuck!" Sarc chuckled to himself temporarily, before feeling the need to give her an apologetic look for the crow's behaviour. It wasn't often than crows learned to speak, especially without having positive reinforcement for doing so. Sarc never had the desire to teach the creature to say anything; he was obnoxious enough as it is. In the end though, he had picked up a little more than Sarc had hoped for.

"My name is Sarcophilous. My apologies for not introducing myself, and for perhaps frightening you with my... featherbrained companion..." He stood in place, hesitant to approach much further. Socializing in general had never been a strong suit, and after being in solitude for so long it was difficult for Sarc to approach anyone, much less a female.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
sing, sing unto me the pleasure and pain

reveal to me the reasons my love's not in vain

Word Count → 366

The coywolf smirked as she watched the interaction between the pair. She was reminded of the crows that flew around Inferni; they were often troublemakers, squabbling with the clan members that passed by, but they were also there as part of an old agreement. They were useful scouts nonetheless, or so she had heard. As head of the Lumen tier, she supposed she would have to work with them more closely. She just hoped they weren’t as obnoxious as this man’s pet seemed to be.

His quip was followed by the bird landing on his shoulder, messing with his bone adornments. Vesper chuckled lightly, in an unnaturally good mood for having missed a meal and been startled by the odd couple. “I’m sure he can be useful if he chooses to listen,” she remarked, tail swaying languidly behind her. “My friend has a feathered companion, too, who harasses her like yours. Only difference is that he’s an eagle owl.” Much larger, and very prone to landing on strangers as well as its master. She was surprised she didn’t bear scars from the creature’s talons.

The crow proceeded to bark expletives, which caused the small hybrid to lift a brow before she smirked; the expression only deepened its crawl across her mouth when the older fellow gave his name. “Sarcophilous…your mother certainly was creative.” She resisted the urge to taunt him more about it, knowing that it wasn’t his fault he had such a strange name. “I’m Vesper,” she added, proud by comparison of her simple moniker. If anything, it was a bit fancy compared to the names of her family in the feral lands. She’d never quite understood the naming conventions of these luperci.

“Have you been in the region for very long?” she asked, sniffing the air and realizing that he was without a pack. As always, loners interested her, and her old code meant that she wanted to assist them in any way she could. The exchange of information was what used to keep her alive, after all, before she joined Inferni—but still it played such an important part in her life that she always seek it with the curiosity of a cub.

<style>
.vescute-box {}
</style>

[/html]