10th man down
Word Count: 734

OOC: Good lord I feel naked. x.x HURRY UP AND CLOTHE ME TAY!!!!

[html]
It was just her luck. Kol had traveled for close to six months to find the lands of Bleeding Souls, only to discover them ravaged and blackened by fire. For days she had wandered the wasted territories, looking for the legendary packs of Storm and Clouded Tears, only to be certain she was in the right place, though apparently at the wrong time. The ashened wounds to the land were fairly fresh, maybe a month or two in age, and the youngest of the Stormbringer line had hung her head in defeat. Unsure of where to go, but determined to find some trace of her grandaunt's and grandfather's tales of old, the black shewolf had turned her paws to the southwest.

It was then that her luck had started to brighten, for the scents of numerous wolves and freshly marked borderlines had come to grace her nose. Perhaps the wildfire hadn't destroyed the legacy of Bleeding Souls at all, but merely caused it to shift and change in order to survive. Perhaps there was some trace of the old packs and inhabitants left, maybe even someone who knew her family, someone who'd known Ravyn, or Crow, or Rain. Just maybe...

Unfortunately for Kol, the condition in which a wolf of these new packs would find her was hardly the best. She was already lanky, her coat lacking it's usual healthy lustre, the months of wandering taking an obvious toll on her outward facade. Underneath her skin, however, her muscles had hardened into ripples of tight cord, and she was hardly as famished as her rugged coat made her out to be in initial appearance. To add to this picture of ragged wanderer, when the girl had finally come across a native of the lands, her left shoulder was bleading slugishly from four gaping wounds that had cut through the muscle, and various smaller scratches here and there. Her mind elsewhere, the young female had come a little too close to a feasting bear, earning her a great deal of pain and likely permanent scars for her trouble. It was typical, in Kol's mind. The Stormbringer line had always had notoriously bad luck with those of the ursine persuasion.

It had only been yesterday that the wolf called Cercelee had found a rather ragged looking Kol somewhere between the new packlands. The alpha's visage had called up memories of her grandaunt's tales of Clouded Tears, about a pup who rose to alpha there with white fur and crystal blue eyes. Ravyn had considered the female, Kol believed her name was Ceres something or other, as family and her part in the infamous bear hunt never ceased to amaze Ravyn's grandneice. That hunt had killed both an alpha and the Tears beta, earned Kol's relative her famous scars, and had earned Ceres a place of constant respect in Ravyn's heart; it had been Ceres, then only a pup, who had had the most dangerous job of luring the creature out into the open for the pack to ambush. There had been four names that had been mentioned constantly in the tales of Kol's grandaunt and granduncle, and the description of Ceres had definitely been similar to the face of the alpha who'd accepted the girl into this pack. It would be an interesting topic for a later time.

Today, however, Kol was determined to start learning the lay of the territory, and to try to wash some of the caked-on blood from her messy shoulder. The gashes were wider than they were deep, and were not nearly as serious as they looked. Had they been, the shewolf was certain her new alpha would have done far more last night than welcome her and point her in the direction of the Dahlia lands, and subsequently the nearest water and moss supply. Kol's strength exhausted, she had chosen to sleep away her journey and tackle the mess of her shoulder in the morning. The sun now was just over the eastern horizon, the morning still cool, but Kol's pitch black pelt was soaking up the sunlight rather greedily, and she couldn't wait to take a dip in the pond nearby for more reasons than cleaning her wounds. The cool water would undoubtedly feel glorious to her heated skin, and she halfsmiled as she loped away from her little pine-needle bed toward the crystal waters of the nearby pond.
[/html]
Firefly had settled back into her wolfen form as she trotted across the lands, her maw filled the the aroma of the freshly killed rabbit she was holding in her jaws, the scent and taste making her drool as she tried to control herself. She was taking it back to her favorite sunning stone in the vineyards of the packlands to sit in the brilliant light and enjoy her meal in peace. Her emerald eyes glittered with amusement as she thought about the time she'd recently been spending with the pack's second in command. She knew she wouldn't make a big deal about it to the rest of the world but deep inside she couldn't keep her mind wandering from thoughts of the danger and excitement that ran like fire between the two.

She shook her head trying to clear the thoughts from her mind and she sighed and dropped the rabbit for a moment to catch her bearings. Suddenly the scent of another caught her maw as she realized that carrying her prey about had dulled her senses from everything but her hunger. She growled softly at her own stupid mistake and picked the rabbit up once more, honing in on the stranger's scent as she moved along to track the newcomer.

It had taken her longer than expected to track the girl, but she wasn't going to leave her kill for the first hungry jaws awaiting a free meal. Pushing through the undergrowth she finally fell along the path of another, her eyes flashing angerly as she thought it had been her sister all along she was following, but at second glance she realize though the pelts seemed to match this was not her annoying sibling. Dropping the rabbig from her jaws again she spoke up, not knowing if the lady had seen her yet. "Hallo..." she called in her soft irish accent.
OOC: So sorry for the wait! I've been dragged around helping my father with fixing a bunch of stuff at the house. x.x

[html]

Kol wasn't too far along in her trek when the wind shifted and the scent of someone drifted her way. Her brisk trot slowed to a cautious walk, her violet eyes flitting around as the back of neck tingled with the sensation that someone was watching her. The scent had the familiarity of her new packlands on it, but that didn't mean the mysterious stalked could be automatically trusted at first glance. Though only a little over a year, the Stormbringer was smart enough to realize that, at least.

The girl's eyes were narrowed to mere slits in the center of her charcoal face, and she very nearly backpedaled embarrassingly when the stranger finally appeared, her fangs and chest covered in blood. Thankfully, before giving herself over to that foolish first reaction, Kol noticed the rabbit the stranger had dropped when she'd spoken her greeting. Rolling her eyes at herself, she grumbled inside her mind at her jumpiness and turned her posture to a more friendly, submissive one. "Good morning! I'm sorry if I seem a bit on edge. I'm new here and I guess I developed a bit of a suspicious nature while I was alone."

Swaying her tail softly, Kol pushed the throbbing, dull pain of her shoulder to the back of her mind. It wasn't exactly serious enough to need instant attention. She'd get to the pond, eventually, and for right now the trees were shading her thick black pelt from the worst of the sun's hot rays.

Table by Tay

[/html]
Firefly noticed the small bit of a scare she'd given the girl and though she knew the coal hued woman was a pack member it still amused her slightly that she'd managed to disturb someone with just a little bit of blood. Something was commenting in the back of her head that perhaps Haku was rubbing off on her a little too much but she ignored that little bit of information as she nodded to the lady and smiled a friendly smile before trying to do a bit of cleaning up on the crimson stained creamy colored fur on her chest.

Shaking her head after a moment of trying to do the work she sighed and gave the lady an apologetic look. "Didn't really mean to scare you there.." she admitted as she nudged the rabbit with her nose before smiling at the lady. "Just a bit of hunting to keep my skills honed.." She looked up to the girl and sat back again, realizing that her work on getting the blood from her chest hadn't helped at all. She pushed the thought out of her mind as she grimmed at Kol, "Well, welcome to the lands. I'm Firefly.." she yawned wide, showing her teeth as she shook her head before asking. "So where do you come from, if not here?" It seemed that everyone was from off and about and not from the lands anymore. She'd met so many new faces than old names around here.. but what could she really say, she'd come from somewhere else as well though.
[html]

The stranger's friendly nature put the dark girl at ease, and she pulled her own haunches beneath her as she offered a gentle smile. Inwardly, that little voice in the back of her head was still scolding her for being so on edge in her new home. Ignoring that voice, Kol smiled a bit wider at the other female. "Firefly huh? That's a really pretty name. I'm Kol, and thank you for the welcome. I love it here, so far."

At the question of where she was from, the Stormbringer felt a pang of homesickness she hadn't expected. Going off on her own to live her own life was exactly what she'd wanted, but that didn't mean she didn't miss the family she'd left behind. "Where am I from? Well, the pack I was born into was called Dynasty Grove, but not long after I was born my grandfather decided to move the family and start a pack of our own. We hadn't decided on a name for our group before I'd left; most others simply referred to us all as the Stormbringers. The packland is a good ways southwest of here, and it took me about five months of steady travel to get here. I had originally come to see the lands of Clouded Tears, where my grandaunt and uncle were from, but it's obviously gone now." The young girl's ears drooped a little at that thought, but perhaps it was for the best. From the ashes of destruction, new life, and new legends, could be born.

Table by Tay

[/html]
Firefly smiled at the newcomer as she thanked her for the warm welcome. Firefly might look through a dark mirror at the world, but those in her pack hardly ever saw the darker side unless they wanted or deserved it. She shook out her coat as the lady spoke of her name, with a slight shrug of her shoulders she laughed, "Yeah, I hear that all the time." she replied with a slight smile. She turned her eyes towards Kol as she spoke up, "Anyone else here would have done the same thing.. there's no thanks needed." She grinned at the lady as she settled down to listen to the words she spoke of her old lands.

Firefly had ventured far off over the sea but had never thought to have adventures here in these lands ever. The far off and strange always seemed more exciting to her than what was probably so much alike in these lands with little change but names and faces. She smiled as Kol told her story before she seemed to settle in on the reason for her path taking her here. Firefly turned her face towards the directions of the old lands where Clouded Tears had once been. "When I was tiny I had a friend from Tears.. we ran off together to have our own little adventures. I came back to these lands.. but he's still roaming the lands." She didn't say that her friend was also her half brother, as far as the world was concerned she wasn't a Sadira, and connecting herself to DaVinci would show sooner or later that she was one of the Sadira clan.

Firefly smiled once more before her eyes settled on the rabbit discarded off to the side. Stretching out her legs she rose to collect the prey before dropping it between her and the coal hued lady. "Hungry?" she figured the lady would be, having just arrived after her long journey, she probably didn't know the best hunting spots just yet, but over time she'd learn, they all did.