Settling Down
[html]

OOC here!

It had taken some convincing, but Hadley had finally left Sebastian's room. He was unsure about what he was expected to do, knowing only that Sebastian enjoyed sex with him. Hadley kept himself tucked down in a submissive posture, though he was by no means trying to stay out of sight. There were gaps in his training on how to be a slave, as Amy had been focused on breaking his spirit before teaching him the finer points of such things. He walked quietly through the halls until he reached outside.

In the snow Hadley took a deep breath, allowing a small smile to grace his features. He did like being outside, and had often gotten beaten for just relaxing outside when he was supposed to be guarding the wagon or another such task. Trying to keep out of the way as much as possible Hadley stepped around to the woods out back. Realizing that he should probably be doing something useful he stooped down, picking up a fair sized branch. It wasn't too damp, and would make decent firewood. Used to setting up camp for Amy his eyes were fairly sharp as he scanned the clearing, picking out the best pieces for his task.

<style>
.hadley2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hadley2 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hadley2 b {color:#ff0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Couldn’t resist XD. Word count: 347

Regner hummed quietly at he walked through the trees, pausing occasionally in his humming to bring his pipe to his mouth and take a drag on it, leaving steamy clouds of tobacco smoke in his wake as he wandered through the woods.

Adelle, rather unusually considering her rather hyperactive behaviour now that she had a steayd home once more, was trotting along behind him happily, too low to be disturbed by the smoke and using the furrows dug by Regner's feet to make her own passage easier.

Regner's movement wasn't quite as easy as it usually was. The last few days had had the hybrid feeling the cold more than usual and his leg had been acting up for it, the not-so-old scarring aggravated and aching from the cold. This was visible in the pronounced limp in the large dog's step and the fact that he was actually using his staff; Regenr tended to not rely on the gnarled wood for aid in walking whenever possible.

Still despite his discomfort Regner refused to allow himself to become lazy and inactive and so forced himself to at least walk about. On days where he wasn't playfighting or doing some other activity with Adelle he had taken to walking throughout the forests around his new home, keeping himself fit and getting the lay of the land.

Up ahead of him Regner spied a figure in the snow. It wasn't one that Regner recognised but that didn’t cause undue alarm in itself as Regner was well aware that he had yet to meet many of the packs members. Regner raised the hand holding his pipe in a smoky salute of greeting, deep, gravelly voice ringing across the clearing towards the wolf in the distance, "Hilsener!" The Danish greeting left his mouth before he could correct himself, so used to used the language of his birth, but Regner quickly corrected himself "Hello!" This second greeting was not his alone, but was accompanied by a high-pitched bark as Adelle sounded her own greeting, peering curiously out from behind Regner's ankle.

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#848484; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#AAB6C3; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 7893-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC lol

A deep booming voice jumped across to where Hadley stood. Nervous he clutched the few sticks he'd picked up even closer. His ears flattened straight to his head as a second greeting resounded, this time accompanied by a small puppy's voice. Peering around Hadley spotted the tiny pup, just behind the older wolf's leg. It was rather large, looking as big as a pup about ready to shift, though the voice was much younger than that. The adult was towering as well, and Hadley wasn't short by any means.

He dipped his head courteously, glad he'd started gathering firewood. He couldn't be punished for being idle when it was clear that he was working. A small smile lit up his lips at the puppy's presence though, something he couldn't hide. Hello. His voice was much quieter than the other's, just above a whisper. I came out for some firewood. Thought I could help out that way. Hadley kept his eyes on the ground, though they occasionally darted over to the pup, watching her with a mix of wonder and happiness.

<style>
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC 371p>

Regner returned the head dip in greeting, his eyes studying the younger male as he did so, taking more interest in the submissive and nervous behaviour than the did the scars littering the others body. Broderskab tended to be heavily scarred, Regner himself having more of the marks than he could count, and the elderly warrior sometimes forgot that this wasn't the norm in this area.

The submissive behaviour was more unusual to the old dog; the lions share of the Ovcharka had been too proud to offer all but the most basic of submissive gestures unless they had really put their foot in it. While Regner had received a slight raise in the pack's ranks since his joining, though he couldn’t actually figure out why for the life of him, it wasn't enough to elicit such a reaction.

Perhaps the wolf was just shy, Regner thought as he raised his head again, tongue lolling out in a purposely happy smile to try and put the younger wolf more at ease. "Firewood eh? Considering how much use I make of those fires I definitely approve." Regner let out a chuckle as he saw Adelle creeping round his leg, eyes fixed curiously on the stranger. The puppy stopped halfway between them, body pointed towards the stranger and quivering as though the puppy were a stretched rubber band, waiting to rush towards this interesting stranger."Hel-Hello. My- My," The words were even more halting from Adelle's mouth than Regner's own, betraying Adelle's inexperience with the language. She pawed at the ground in frustration for a moment before looking back at Regner who mouthed name to her.

"My name is Adelle!" She finished proudly, tail wagging furiously at the accomplishment. "And mine is Regner." Regner finished, gazing proudly down at Adelle. For a moment he gazed at the stranger before he strode forwards, emptying his pipe and placing it in his belt in order to offer that arm to the wolf. "Would you like some help? I may not be much in the way of bending and lifting," Regner chuckled and tapped his scarred leg with his staff, "But I can help you carry the wood. Only seems fair considering how much of it I burn."

<style>
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#AAB6C3; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... 7893-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Hadley's ears twitched nervously as the old one spoke. Hearing that his task was approved he let out a small sigh, relaxing a little. He wouldn't get in trouble. He was being useful. His tail beat against his leg once before returning to it's limp position. The only sign that he wasn't terrified out of his wits was the fact that his tail wasn't tucked as tightly as possible between his legs the way it had been when he'd met the female leader of the pack. The pup moved out from behind the old one, and Hadley worried that he might get in trouble for being near the puppy, in case it got hurt.

The entirety of the small puppy's body quivered with excitement. Hastily Hadley shifted the wood around in his arms, not wanting to drop it on the puppy if he got rushed. Closer to her he was amazed at the thick fur wrapping around the body. The puppy could have passed as an adolescent coyote at this point if they shaved her down. His eyes were wide with surprise as the puppy stuttered. Was there something wrong with it? Looking back to her grandfather the pup seemed to figure things out, and introduced herself as Adelle. The older wolf, beaming with pride at the pup's introduction, called himself Regner.

Hadley would have introduced himself, but it had been quite thoroughly beaten into him not to talk unless directly addressed, and then only enough to give what they asked, and always as politely as possible. Instead he bowed down, even lower than his first head dip. Thank you. Maybe he should have stayed silent, or said more, but he just fidgeted, gripping the sticks as a lifeline. At the offer of help Hadley's eyes widened as big as saucers. Had he been doing it wrong? Maybe he just wanted Hadley to move faster. I-I can get a horse to pull it. Hoping he hadn't insulted the large warrior Hadley ducked his head down, staring at the ground.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 263

Regner cocked his head curiously at the strangers unusually timid behaviour. "Might I ask your name?" he queried gently. Normalyl Regner might have taken a name not being offered as an insult but the combination of timid and respectful behaviour from the man before him cut that anger off before it had even begun, leaving confusion in its place.

Regner did frown slightly when his offer of help was rejected, taking it as an indirect slight against his age. Frowning he spoke up, still keeping his gravelly voice soft as he was unsure about the strangers reactions to conversation, "I insist. I may be too old for most jobs but I can still carry," Regner flicked his ear in a mildly agitated manner, "There is so little I can do to help that I feel useless sometimes. It would do me some good to help with something, even if it is just carrying firewood."

Adelle had finally exhausted her patience and moved closer to examine the man, her tail wagging as she sniffed at the fur around his ankles, her nose twitching as she occasionally leant in too close. Regner hadn't noticed Adelle's movement because of his conversation of he would have apologised for her behaviour. His attentiveness left Adelle free to do what she wanted for now and, deciding that she liked this stranger, Adelle curled herself around the leg that she had been sniffing, soft puppy fur brushing against the harder fur of the grown wolf as Adelle sat down and panted happily, tail wagging across the surface of the snow.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Hadley's ears twitched in surprise as his name was asked. His ears still pasted to his skull Hadley looked up timidly. He spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. My name's Hadley, sir. Trying to be polite was difficult, and the warrior's frown confirmed that he had managed to insult him in some way. Hadley's mind reeled wildly, trying to figure out what he could have possibly done to insult the old hybrid. Luckily Regner solved the problem for him, telling him that he liked to feel useful, even if it was just carrying wood.

The puppy bounded forward, sniffing at Hadley. He looked down as the pup decided that he made a good cushion, and curled her body around Hadley's leg. Luckily he was fairly tall, or he would have felt dwarfed by the puppy's presence. A smile met his face as Adelle panted happily, everything alright in hr small world. He met Regner's eyes briefly before they moved aside again, respectful. Sorry. He held out the wood in his arms apologetically, unable to move without upsetting the small bundle of fur resting on his foot.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style>@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Alex+Brush);</style>
Regner Vilhelmsen
Check my vitals signs and know i'm still alive
Word Count :: 192 D: D: D: I suck so badly, sorry for the wait.

Hadley's eyes moved and Regner, following his gaze, finally noticed where Adelle had gone, the large puppy curling herself up around Hadley's leg. He gave a gentle smile, bolstered when he caught Hadley's own smile at Adelle, and there was laughter in his voice when he spoke down to the pup, " Adelle, lad den mand spadsere." Adelle gave him a mutinous glance but uncurled herself from Hadley's leg, though she still stayed close to her new friend, her side brushing up against his leg, following his movements.

The wood was offered to him and Regner leaned forwards, grasping the bundle and tucking it under one arm. Regner leaned back, balancing his stance as he did so to compensate for the woods weight, and looked at Hadley thoughtfully, trying to think of something to say.

"How did you come to join the pack Hadley?" He finally asked. Regner had found that as he grew older and found himself talking more than doing he had developed an appetite of sorts for the stories of others, how they had gotten where they were and what had happened along the way.

Image courtesy of UmbraDeNoapte-Stock

<style>
.SS15141211_Regner .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.SS15141211_Regner p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SS15141211_Regner b {font-family:verdana; color:#5b5c5a; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SS15141211_Regner {background-color:#f1f1ee; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#95a2a7; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4092/atab1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #a5b8c0; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.SS15141211_Regner .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alex Brush; color:#5b5c5a; font-size:62px; text-shadow:#bababa 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:18px;}
.SS15141211_Regner .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:braggadocio; color:#78828a; font-size:11px; text-shadow:#bababa 1px 1px 1px; padding:6px 0px 0px 20px; line-height:12px;}
.SS15141211_Regner .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana; color:#6e6e6d; font-size:9px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Hadley's ears twitched slightly as Regner spoke in a language that was new to the slave. Adelle seemed to understand it just fine though, unwrapping herself. Hadley felt guilty for that, knowing that he had no right to dictate what the pup could and couldn't do. The only time he could truly step in and interfere was if the pup's life was in danger, which it clearly wasn't, having her intertwining around his legs. Hadley moved carefully, not wanting to end up bumping the pup and sending her tumbling.

The question was rather surprising. Hadley stooped down, picking up some more pieces as he considered how to answer. My master purchased me from Amy and brought me here so I could serve him. Saying her name caused Hadley to look around, eyes darting as if simply saying it could summon her to hurt him. Carefully he passed what he had picked up to the old hybrid and continued gathering, making sure only to collect what was usable.

<style>
</style>
[/html]