Broken Heart
[html]
OOC Feb 4

Terra came home, her spirits at the lowest point they'd ever been. Those she had counted as friends had turned from her, rejecting her because of something beyond her control. The pack was in trouble, slowly shrinking in numbers, and even while her body burned she fought with the fact that she couldn't gain what she wanted because she didn't have a mate. Her stupid wolf blood, the part of her those she'd called friends would accept, wouldn't let her do anything less than mate for life, something that was guaranteed to not be gained overnight. Even worse, the one friend she had in the pack was holding a secret, one that she refused to share. This wouldn't bother her so much, if it was a normal secret and not the kind that ate away at Caspa's time.

Inside the familiar borders once more Terra found herself turning away from the hotel. She didn't want to be in her room right now. Terra craved the comforts of the world she'd been in growing up, danger surrounding her so that sorrow didn't have time to fight with her. The sadness that followed her when she left her birth pack was less than this, swallowed up by the fight for survival. Without those worries, without the threat of death, every pinprick of emotion was clearly felt, a background her instincts danced across. Reaching a starlit clearing Terra tilted back her head and howled, her cries reaching the moon so far above her.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.terrra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.terrra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I ask for glory to shine on my name

Word Count → 756 :: Out of Character text

Ayita Catori

Ayita had allowed her life to continue the way it always had. She didn't allow the loss of zafier to ride on her any longer. She knew that being a mother and one of the older members of the pack her job was to keep composure and help with what ever she could do. She smiled as she looked in the mirror at her home. Today she would force herself to be alright with what life had to bring.

Running a brush threw her long black hair she smiled. Yes this was how it should be. She smiled she would later say her prayers and hope that Zafier had ame safe with him and their family in the after life. The child would need a good role model till her mother too crossed over. Finishing brushing her hair she slipped on a sweater dress and moved to the outside world. The sound of a child caught her attention. "mama" The little boy called as Ayita smiled. Goodness time was flying before her the twin to Skoll stood before her Hati. The boy with sky blue eyes and a black and white pelt looked at her. "I wanna go too." He proclaimed as Ayita smiled and nodded. "Of course my little moon chaser." Ayita said as she smiled.

Both her boys were growing and her princess she was everything that she had hoped Amaranth to be. In the end though she would not change the way the husky crossed girl had become. As a mother she wished that the things that happened to her never had.

Both moved out into the winter as she smiled "How about a song hati?" Ayita asked as she looked down to the child who matched her gaze with eyes that could almost watch hers. "I like mama sing" He spoke as he moved to hop around in the snow.

Many nights we've prayed

With no proof anyone could hear

In our hearts a hopeful song

We barely understood

Now we are not afraid

Although we know there's much to fear

We were moving mountains long

Before we knew we could

She sang as the boy smiled and danced a bit to her song. The pair lived quite the carefree life. Nothing seemed to get them down as Ayita sang to her son. There can be miracles, when you believe she sang as the boy interrupted her. "Like what mama?" He asked stopping her song.

Ayita looked down and smiled. "Like you, you are a miracle, The Court it self. You see we were brought together through the holy spirit. Thanks to his power there are miracles that could not hap..." Ayita paused as she heard the howl. "Come" She spoke as he fallowed.

She had not been here in so long she stopped and looked raising her head to the sky she smiled. A melody emitted from her wolven frame. She had not sang to the sky in so long, that it felt so good. Stopping to breath she let out another note to the sky as her son joined her this time. the wolf mix and mother singing for all to hear.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Qwigley);
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; background: url('') no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:70px 10px 10px 10px; }
.heraldictxt-title {font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; color:#FF6600;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mara {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mama {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em; color:#02294d;}
.heraldictxt-2 i {letter-spacing:.05em; color:#02294d;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra's voice didn't hold the deep melancholy soul that wolves did. Instead it was peppered with trills, rising and dipping with her voice. The emotions were still clear though, as easy to pick out as the soul filled song she'd given to Drakien. Lost underneath the sky, reaching for something that was part of her and yet something she could never touch, Terra missed her pack mates approaching. Her ears twitched as they joined in. Unlike her song, it was a simple celebration of the night, of the air that filled them. Their song told of winter, and the games that one could play, counteracting her own sad song.

Listening to them howl was a reminder of the life she lived, the life she chose. Life was harsh, Terra had always known that. Death had taken many from her pack, five in the few short months that she lived with them. Now she was simply experiencing a different kind of loss. The pack would still be there though, still there to sing at the sky and run with her at the hunt. No matter what happened, what tackled her, those constants would remain, and Terra would have a place to live and a song to sing. Her howl changed, singing of the sky now, joining their version of the night.

<style type="text/css">
.terrra b {font-weight:bold; color:#116f77; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #041f22; }
.terrra {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#31515c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/K8FCs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#558888; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 756 :: Out of Character text

Ayita Catori

Ayita smiled as she ended her song. She had not howled to the night like that in so long and the cool winter air had filled her lungs causing them to singe with this cool feeling. She smiled looking to Terra the girl was of mixed linage but Ayita had learned a lot out here and on her travels. "That my son is a miracle." Ayita spoke looking at him then the sky.

The wolf woman then turned to Terra. "Well hello, such sad songs should not come from one so fair." Her voice filled with a french melodic accent. crystal blue eyes lied to most for wolves tended not to have eyes like hers. She smiled as her son moved towards the young mix.

"Why is this a miracle?" The pup asked as he sat down and looked at the sky. Ayita smiled and looked at him. "There are just things you will have to wait until your older to understand." She spoke as she looked back to terra. "Why such a sad song? There's much to do in the court." She spoke as she waited for an answer.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; background: url('') no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:70px 10px 10px 10px; }
.heraldictxt-title {font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; color:#FF6600;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mara {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.mama {font-style:italic; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; font-size:60px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra's voice lingered through the air for a moment longer. The sorrow was still there, though tinted with a hint of the untamed spirit she held shone through. She dropped her head, smiling slightly as she spotted the queen of the court with Hati. Her tail wagged briefly in greeting, listening to Ayita's words. She had no idea what a miracle was. Terra wondered briefly if it was another word for howling, though that didn't seem very likely. There was a slight accent in the lady's voice, but Terra had never met anyone who actually spoke another language to her, leaving her secure in the idea that there was only one language, no one around to correct that horrible misconception.

The hybrid's ears drooped slightly as she was reminded of the reason why she had come out. There used to be much, but not so much recently. The court falls quiet, and our pack members leave for a place that will not accept my heritage. Her voice almost broke on the last part, though she managed to stay strong. Weakness was not something she'd willingly show, even in the safety of her pack, even when she needed to admit she needed comfort. Terra stood strong, looking around the clearing. At least this is still here. At least the lands haven't changed, and the moon still calls to me. She wagged her tail slowly in an attempt to push away the feelings that once more threatened to overwhelm her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → :: Out of Character text

Ayita Catori

Ayita looked at her and then looked at the sky for a moment. She smiled as she hummbed to herself looking at the stars. "This is actually a great lesson let me tell you this." She spoke as she just watched the sky like it would do something. The truth was it wouldn't but the Catori queen said nothing more for a few moments as she just watched studying the stars.

mama What lesson?" the boy asked as he looked at Terra and then the sky. What was his mother looking at what was she waiting for to happen. This bothered the boy to no end. He didn't want to sit here and do nothing.,

Ayita then looked at the two and smiled. "You know my boys terra they are not pure and they are not perfect. They're blood stained with other breeds. This is the curse I placed upon all my children, Kable and Amaranth to Liam and Noah. Now Skoll, Hati, and Lottie." She spoke her voice calm and losing the accent. Hati looked at her and went to open his mouth but ayita held out her hand.

But this curse is also a blessing and a miracle. There life will never be boring and their travels always an adventure. Not everyone will like them but those who are true friend will not allow blood to be a reason for ignoring them. Ayita spoke as she smiled. "Your blood makes you you and who you are is unique and those in New Dawn who cannot see past coyote blood are not ones you should call friends. Here you are home among friends and family.

Hati looked at his mom and smiled. "A miracle is a gift then mama? Something special like we were a gift to you? and this home for all of us?" He asked looking at her. Très bien, oui, vous êtes mon miracle de Dieu. Her french amazingly good for only using it with her children. "This home a gift a special gift and a home for those who are Miracles like you and Terra. Ayita said smiling at them both.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Terra's ears perked up as Ayita spoke. A lesson. If this was a lesson it was one Terra wanted nothing to do with. The queen settled into humming, looking at the stars as if they would guide her. Hati spoke up, and Terra had to agree with the pup. She didn't see a lesson, just pain, and was rather impatient. Still young, lacking the patience and wisdom that came from age, she watched impatiently as Ayita hummed, waiting for answers.

At last the wolf spoke. Terra's ears drooped as Ayita spoke about staining blood, about mixing the breeds. Terra didn't like thinking that she was cursed. Always, her twin heritage had been a gift, though not one that she used often. Her wolf father had given her the ability to shift and the fierce loyalty that ran through her body. He gave her the thirst for the hunt, and the instincts that allowed her to do just that. Her coyote heritage gave her speed, and cleverness, endless tricks running through her veins. To know that others viewed such a thing as dirty seemed so wrong.

Ayita continued though, and her ears perked up a little. So her mixed heritage promised more than the simple gifts she had known. It promised trouble, something Terra always thrived on, and those that looked past her blood would be true friends. Ayita pointed out that the court would be home, and full of those accepting of her mixed blood. Her tail wagged as she approached the queen, tail cocked at the strange words. A miracle? I sure don't feel like one. She sat before the beautiful wolf, her tail wrapped around her body as she looked up.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ayita Catori

Ayita smiled both of them had sat and listened so well to her. Though she knew that there were many questions to come at least from the boy she was raising. Her children never were without questions, though that wasn't so bad.

Ayita smiled as she knelt in the snow. "Of course you don't feel like one. But you are." She spoke as Hati snuggled up to her. "When you become a mother someday you will understand the special little miracles that grace the world around you and how much of one you are. " She hugged Hati and looked to the moon. allowing a wolf song to reach through the air. long dark hair cascaded down her back as blue eyes closed. stopping she allowed the song to fade. She hoped that where ever the rest of her miracles were that they would hear it and know their mother loved them.

"Mama?"Hati asked looking at her. The wolf female lowered her head and looked at her son. "There can be miracles when you believe, when you believe." She sang looking at the boy her soft french voice was as smooth as running water. She nuzzled him, "Like I believe amaranth and niro will come home." She spoke looking up at the stars. "mama is the lesson over?" Hati asked looking at her then terra.

Oui my son Oui She said looking at Terra. "That is if you understand what I'm trying to tell you both." Hati smiled. "Oh oui yes mama I get it. He said smiling lieing or trying to lie to his mother. Ayita laughed smiling

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

The answer was not the kind Terra wanted. She didn't have a mate, and wasn't likely to be having puppies anytime soon. The connection between being a mother and miracles was completely lost on her, though Terra had a feeling that it had to do with how much mothers loved their children. Of course Ayita couldn't hate mixed breeds, considering that was exactly what her children were. Well, at least she had a small comfort. Terra had learned about the gift of trouble that flowed through her veins, something she readily embraced. The pack remained strong too, supported by those who believed in it.

Hati interrupted, asking if the lesson was over. Terra grinned down at him, finding it pretty silly. Lessons never stopped. The question was whether or not one was aware that they were learning. It was the whole reason why Terra never felt childish despite her mischievous behavior. She was learning, and improving her skills, becoming a better benefit for the pack all the time. The song was soft, and Terra's ears pricked to catch it. Ayita smiled as she asked if Terra understood. Quite frankly she was still baffled, but she understood enough to feel at peace once more. Yes. Thank you.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ayita Catori

Ayita smiled as she found herself in the snow with the two younger wolf mixes. She looked up at the stars and smiled. "terra I hope that you head my wisdom. Those who care about you are here." Ayita spoke as she watched Hati smile bounding into the light of the moon. He let out the call of a puppy and Ayita smiled.

Hati looked at them he was her son of the moon and he and all his siblings were her world. Terra look look at the moon. Its so pretty just like you. Its my job to keep it coming up everyday. Skoll Job to keep the sun moving. He said looking at her. He raced over to her and smiled.

Ayita laughed, "Hati dear don;t annoy the poor girl to much." she said as the boy ran to his mother and then back to Terra. Ayita just couldn't believe how much energy the small boy had. He let out another puppy howl to the moon and Ayita smiled. He was truly full of the call of the wild.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC we should have the two moon children meet: hati and dalgina

Terra settled into the snow, sighing with contentment. She let the fact that those that left her were once part of the pack slip away, sliding into the night. Hati bounded away, full of energy before letting out a cry, calling to the moon above them. Wagging her tail Terra watched Hati bound back over, eager to share. Terra grinned as the small pup spoke, saying she was as beautiful as the moon. She listened with interest as Hati said it was his job to control the moon, and Skoll's for the sun.

Stretching Terra shook her fur, letting the snow come out. Lifting her head she howled, a short cry before bounding next to Hati. Crouching down she faced the pup. Little prince, you call the moon? Then I'll call the wind. She winked mischievously, feeling the wind change around them. Terra was lucky to have timed that right, sensing that the wind would be changing direction soon. She bowed down, tail wagging, dashing off into the snow.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Ayita watched as her son seemed to be able to wipe the rest of the sadness from Terra. Her two boys seemed to have this natural ablilty about them that allowed them to help those who needed them. though if she really thought about it, all her sons were lady charmers Liam was charming the lovely Robin and Skoll seemed to like Terra and Hati seemed to be able to make her smile as well.

Ayita yawned as she looked at the moon. She listened to the two play and howl. Hati smiled and looked at Terra. "Wow you can call the wind." He yaped happily as Ayita giggled a bit. She had to admit that right now nothing could be wrong in the world of those two. At least Terra wasn't worried about New Dawn right now.

"So are you two just going to howl to the wind and moon all night?" Ayita asked jokingly as she looked to the stars. She could remember sitting in the snow as a pup as Zafier taught her about the stars and the heavens. It was something that made her love her brother even though he wasn't always the best.
[html]
OOC

Terra's eyes danced at the young pup's words. Another victim to her tricks. Skoll was already convinced she could do things that were impossible. Now Hati was convinced she controlled the wind. Sooner or later the illusion would be broken, but Terra didn't care. She loved tricks, and as long as she lived she would continue to create illusion and fool the world. She rubbed against the pup before lifting her head, howling to the moon.

Glancing over at Ayita Terra smiled. That's what they're there for. Calling the moon was such a primal thing, something not even the most civilized canine could resist when they heard another calling. Her tail wagged happily as she danced lightly across the snow, pushing Hati lightly as she played, pretending that nothing had changed, that everything was the same as always. It was easy, for one who lived in illusion, to trick herself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]