You've rather a long way to go, young master
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

Ayita yawned as she stretched herself out. She was aging like a fine wine getting beter with each and everyday. Though the Catori woman was not old by any means she was not one to just run and and goof off either. Being the mate to the king came with no high ranking but she held herself to high standards and expected only the best from herself and her three young ones. Though there were days like this the Catori woman couldn't help but think her brother was right. Maybe she enjoyed being the "queen" of the court for the glory.

She smiled though as she moved from her home and to her old one. There were many things that she wanted to do. She wanted to work on getting things set and ready for the spring. She wanted to finish preparing new grave markers for her child and brother. She also had made one of the rooms in the old home something like a green house and she wanted to work on the plants. She would have flowers for the pair that would be incredibly beautiful.

The air was crisp but not as cold as she thought it would be today. She wondered if putting on the sweater dress had been to much for the day. long wolf legs took her over the land at a pace she rather enjoyed. She took her time and smiled as she hummed a tune to herself not a care in the self proclaimed queens head.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug30 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f671d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1e4de; }
.freebaug30 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebaug30 {margin:0 auto; width:343px; background-color:#f9f9f9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ebt7e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605b58; padding: 5px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#80321c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebaug30 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebaug30 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 335

The illness that had been bothering Skoll since his tumble into the ocean had slowly begun to fade away, though the golden boy still shivered as he nudged open the front door to step outside. To make up for this fact, he’d grabbed one of the baby blankets from his younger days and tossed it over his back like a cape, the action clumsy due to his lack of hands. He knew that many of the Court members wore clothes, though, and he’d seen Alder put blankets on some of the horses when the weather was especially chilly.

Luckily, today was not as bad as it could have been, and the child padded along happily through the snow-dusted grass. He sneezed at one point, swiping his tongue over his nose with some disgust, then shook his head and pounced onward. There was a lot that he wanted to do today, maybe visit the Marshal again or pester Caspa and Terra for another magic show. Their last demonstration had astounded—and sometimes frightened—him, but he truly looked up to the two females, as opposite as they were. The coywolf was a fun playmate, a partner in crime, while the wolfdog-ghost (he was adamant about that) was cool, calm, and collected—someone who was an interesting role model for a rambunctious and cocky boy, but the perfect foil to help him develop. Of course, he just thought that she was really cool and pretty and a good knife-juggler and left it at that.

As he wandered, he caught scent of his mother and immediately bounded along after her trail, yapping when he caught sight of her tall dress-clad frame wandering toward the old house. He said nothing once he reached her, however, only clamped the end of the blanket in his mouth to keep it from flying off, his green eyes staring up at her adoringly. All of his other plans could wait; he wanted to see if there was anything he could do for her.

This beautiful army, are tearing at your seams

Image courtesy of night-fate-stock & SunOwl

<style>
.GR2_Skoll p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skoll b {font-family:verdana; color:#34717c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll {background-color:#e0ebe9; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/17/skoll1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 0px 0px; border:0px solid #0000000; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skoll .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:0px solid #9fb8b6; }
.GR2_Skoll .bottom {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6238/skoll2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 250px 15px; }
.GR2_Skoll .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Condiment; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Skoll .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

Ayita had been alone till she got to the home and she had noticed that there was a scent that was hard to fully pick up due to the way that the wind blew today. Ayita smiled. "Skoll Haskel didn't I tell you bed rest?" She questioned as she opened the door to the house motioning for the boy to come in she couldn't have him getting sicker.

She thought that today she would be on her own able to just do some things and pray to herself. She hadn't expected to have any of her children with her and even though she was annoyed slightly she was in ways happy to not be alone.

"What brings the Sun prince out this fine day?" Ayita asked as she looked at him slightly annoyed that the boy was still somewhat sick and was not to be out in the cold but was out anyhow. She looked at her plants in the main area just some herbs for cooking and wound healing nothing special. she kept her flowers in the children's old room she had it made very similar to a green house in that room.

<style type="text/css">
.freebaug30 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f671d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1e4de; }
.freebaug30 {margin:0 auto; width:343px; background-color:#f9f9f9; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Ebt7e.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #605b58; padding: 5px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#80321c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 271

A smile warmed his mother’s beautiful face, her cheeks crinkling up around her crystal blue eyes. Hati had inherited her eye color, while Skoll got his father’s—which was fine by him, though he always loved his mother’s eyes too. They made him feel safe, even if they fell upon him with her question, her words too light to reprimand. The boy still winced as if she’d scolded him, though, quickly scooting his butt into the house before turning to face her.

“I don’t need rest,” the young wolfdog said, and promptly sneezed.

One ear cocked at her next question, and he shuffled his pale forepaws before answering hesitantly. “Boring inside,” he replied with a shrug. “It’s not so cold anymore; is it almost spring yet?” There was an edge of a whine to his words; he’d been told countless stories about the warmer months, and he wanted them here sooner rather than later. He was the sun prince, after all, not a creature of darkness and snow. Sunlight brought out the warmth in him and painted his creamy coat with bold blondes and golds, made him feel alive. He didn’t feel so alive shivering with a silly baby blanket draped across his growing shoulders.

Hoping to change the subject about being outside against orders, Skoll sniffed the air then spun around in a circle. “Smells good in here!” he yapped, brightening at the aroma of plants. The ones in this room made his mouth water slightly, though there was a bitter smell to some of them. He ventured toward the herbs, tail wagging, looking over his shoulder at his mother.

This beautiful army, are tearing at your seams

Image courtesy of night-fate-stock & SunOwl

<style>
.GR2_Skoll p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skoll b {font-family:verdana; color:#34717c; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_Skoll {background-color:#e0ebe9; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/17/skoll1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 0px 0px; border:0px solid #0000000; margin:0 auto; -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 18px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topleft: 18px; -moz-border-radius-topright: 18px; border-top-left-radius: 18px; border-top-right-radius: 18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_Skoll .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:0px solid #9fb8b6; }
.GR2_Skoll .bottom {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6238/skoll2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 250px 15px; }
.GR2_Skoll .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Condiment; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Skoll .ooc {text-align:right; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Ayita smiled there was nothing that could keep her angry at her children. She had learned that her children were her blessing from her god. She was tankful that she had seven healthy and happy children. Three of which who had gone and one had come back the other two had yet to return but she knew with time that they would all settle and find themselves happy and healthy.

Ayita smiled "Soon my sun prince soon." she said as she moved to the sink that she had some water in. She had brought snow in and allowed it to melt and she used that to water the plants. She looked at him as she took a watering can and filled it up. "So you like the smells of my garden hmm?" she asked as she lightly watered one of the plants.

"Would you like to see what I have growing in one of the side rooms?" she asked as she stepped away and towards another room. "I here I have my flowers I'm going to plant for Zafier and Ame." She spoke looking at the sun prince. He would never know just how much he made her miss her older brother.
[html]
Skoll Haskel

I'm gonna be a mighty king, so enemies beware!

I'm gonna be the mane event
Like no king was before

I'm brushing up on looking down
I'm working on my roar

Word Count :: 278

“Soon,” Skoll Haskel echoed, and he smiled at the thought. Winter was already losing its charm; he had been entranced by the snowflakes and the white-blanketed world of the Court, but the coldness and business of the rest of the pack bothered him. He also knew that, in the coming months, he would learn to shift at last.

Whether or not he was in a real hurry to grow up was debatable, as he was happy to be a kid and play all day, but he also wanted to be bigger, stronger. Vigilante had urged him to enjoy his childhood while he could, but couldn’t he want to shift and do more things like exploring too? He wanted to be able to leave the pack lands sometimes, especially after Terra had taught him tricks for fighting bobcats. There were lots of packs out there, many that he hadn’t even heard about, and he was eager to visit them.

He nodded and scampered after her as she watered the plants, his nose stuck up in the air as if to better smell them. “Smells like spring,” he said cheekily, even if he didn’t really know what spring smelled like.

Ayita moved toward another one of the rooms, and he nodded again. “I wanna see Zafier’n’Ame plants,” he mumbled. He obviously didn’t know his deceased sister, other than mention of her, and he was a bit too young to really remember his uncle either. It was probably easier, as he didn’t grieve for them as much as his mother might. A small frown tugging at his mouth, he leaned against his mother’s leg and asked, “What was Uncle Zafier like?”

table by marie Image copyrights to disney

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Qwigley);
.skolllion { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... lllion.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top right; background-color:#f5857a; width:600px; height:521px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:40px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skolllion .title {text-align:left;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:3px 350px 5px 5px; line-height:100%; color:#ffffff;}
.skolllion .text {height:380px; width:300px; overflow:auto;}
.skolllion b {color:#dc8d41; }
.skolllion p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.skolllion p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.skolllion .name {text-align:left; font-size:60px; margin:20px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #35240c; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; color:#7b2331;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

Ayita smiled as she looked at the golden prince. her world had become rather complete with the birth of the trio. She couldn't imagine life with out them though they were born at a time when the land was in turmoil. Ayita worked hard to teach them that the world was not a bad place and that even once said enemies could be friends. She wanted them to have true values and morals the cared for them all deeply.

Ayita smiled motioning for the prince to fallow her. she opened the door to the room and took in a deep breath. She loved the smell of the flowers. they were something that her children hadn't really seen yet. Smiling she picked up her watering can and moved to the different buckets.

Ayita turned to him as he asked about his uncle. Ayita smiled she loved her brother and begged her three elder children not to speak ill of him. She knew he wasn't always the nicest but he was family and should be remembered for the good. "he was a very brave man. A very smart man." Ayita spoke as she looked at him.

She bent down placing the watering can down. Looking at him she smiled blue eyes fixed on the boy. He was a lot like you. Brave never afraid, strong willed and loving. He showed his love in odd ways but one thing I know is even though he only got to know you for a little while he loved you... all of you. Said smiling. She could still remember the day he died and she was so glad that the pups were not with her and that they were mostly to young to remember the war.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
Skoll Haskel

Like no king was before

I'm working on my roar

Word Count :: 240 This is short and not much to reply to... Poke me if you want me to add stuff. Smile

Green eyes widened and a pale mouth fell open in awe as the flowers came into view. A myriad of colors and smells enveloped his senses, as if he had stepped into springtime from the cold winter’s day. The aroma took no heed of his stuffy nose, even, and as he trailed close to his mother his tail began to wag at a quick tempo. He yipped once and ran over to one of the pots, rearing up to put his forepaws on it and gently sniff the petals. He could only imagine what the Court would look like covered in these!

His carefree moment passed as Ayita looked down at him, smiling in the loving way she had as she described his late uncle. The puppy’s ears tilted toward her with interest, absorbing all of the words she said. He was surprised to hear that Zafier was like him, but it made him proud to know he was related to such a brave man. The Catori in him swelled with this pride, and he nodded.

“I loved him too,” Skoll said quickly, even if he was a bit too young to remember. “Zafier was good an’ I wanna be like him, brave’n’smart.” It was the first time he had ever expressed wanting a role model other than his powerful King father, but he was beginning to learn that there were many wolves you could look up to in a lifetime.

<style>
.skolllion { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... lllion.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top right; background-color:#f5857a; width:600px; height:521px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:40px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.skolllion .title {text-align:left;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:3px 350px 5px 5px; line-height:100%; color:#ffffff;}
.skolllion .name {text-align:left; font-size:60px; margin:20px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #35240c; font-family: 'Qwigley', cursive; color:#7b2331;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.fluid {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#7d4e44 url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... arobin.jpg) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.fluid .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#fff;}
.fluid .box {width:280px;height:320px;float:right;}
.fluid p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #6AA2B1}
.fluid .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.fluid .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #5A899B; margin:0 220px 5px auto;}
.fluid b {color:#0C1C33;font-family:georgia}
.fluid .header {color:#CFDB62;font-family:georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;padding-bottom:10px}
.fluid a {color:#43213A}
.fluid a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}</style>

A robin feathering his nest
Has very little time to rest
While gathering his
Bits of twine and twig

OOC text goes here!

Ayita could tell her son was amazed by her flowers. They were a lovely sight in the cold winter. She had to keep the home slightly warm and she had tried and failed a few times before she got anything to grow. Talking about Zafier though that was something that still hurt her. She also felt bad at times not talking about the things he had done that were not so wonderful.

Skoll you know your already on your way. She spoke as she stood and picked up the watering can. She wanted to take her mind off of her dead brother. Just promise Mommy one thing Skoll. that you will always come back home. She said as she smiled.

She moved to a plot of flowers and poured a little water onto them. The war had been a memory she wished she could erase. She wished that Liam and Zafier, Amaranth and Niro could have stayed out of it. Niro had been hurt. Amaranth as well one eye she could hardly see out of. Liam had saved the young Robin and had fought many times. To top it off Zafier had given his life so that Ayita could go home to her children.

Though quite intent in his pursuit
He has a merry tune to toot
He knows a song
Will move the job along
[/html]
[html]
Skoll Haskel

Like no king was before

I'm working on my roar

Word Count :: 212 Do you want to wrap this up? :o Or end it? This seems like a good post to end, then Mommy can feel free to join Skoll's shifting threadddd

Green eyes flickered once more to his mother’s deep blue ones, and he considered her words as she said he was already on his way. It made him happy, though, and his tail wagged. He truly did his best to grow up like his parents wanted him to, polite and kind, and he didn’t care who knew it. Others might test boundaries and snort at the thought of such simple obedience, but Skoll was still bright, and he’d already come to see what happened when he did what he wasn’t supposed to. He sneezed.

“Come back home?” the boy echoed, his voice stuffed up. “I promise, but I don’t wanna leave anyway.” He grinned and lifted his chin. He knew that Amaranth had gone off with Niro, but he couldn’t imagine going away—or at least, not for a very long time. Definitely, he wouldn’t want to be cooped up and unable to see the vast lands in the region, but he couldn’t think of living outside of Cour des Miracles. “I come home after ’xploring.”

With this vow taken, the puppy began to wander after her again, watching from a neat distance as she poured water for the potted plants, his mind dancing among thoughts of flowers and journeys and heroes.

<style>

</style>
[/html]