I can't see Texas from here
[html]
but our hearts will need us to be steady and strong

so we can stand and face the fire

burning higher and higher

Word Count → 467 :: Yaaay!

Callused fingers grasped the paper tightly, indication of the uncharacteristic nervousness that settled into the large canine’s body. He was dozens of miles away from home, sent off on a mission that had come just about out of the blue. It was all he could do to nod at his Sole’s wishes and speed off to let his beloved know about it, departing after much preparation with a tender kiss to the forehead and a promise to return as soon as he possibly could.

Riding the mountain trails brought back memories of August, of finally reaching their destination of Nova Scotia after a long journey. It was strange to think of how much had changed since then; he was part of a pack now, performing a great duty to benefit it by heading toward Ichika no Ho-en to take up lessons from the woman that Jazper had referenced. It was something that he could have declined, but he resolved to be something more than that gruff cowboy who took care of the horses. He wanted to contribute something extra.

Fern grunted from the exertion of traveling the last stretch, and the Labrador mix murmured an apology, reaching up to curl his hand in her flaxen mane. He would never push her further than she was able to go and had let her rest often during their trip, but he couldn’t afford to waste time when they were so close to the pack. Luckily, the sweet-tempered mare trusted him enough to listen, and it was not long before they were walking up to the borders of the mountain pack.

The man slipped out of the saddle onto the cold ground, turning first to Fern and patting her as he shoved the signed paper in his jeans pocket for now. He worked to loosen up her girth lightly after the ride, listening to her breathing to gage whether they needed another short walk to cool her down. She seemed okay, though, as they’d kept a slow enough pace despite the long ride.

Satisfied that the horse was as well taken care of as she could be,the wolfdog stepped slightly closer to the borders and looked around, ears lowered and shifting the old cowboy hat on his head. He wondered if X’yrin would even be here or if he would’ve had better luck searching at the festival; at worst, he supposed, he wouldn’t be permitted into pack territory and would just camp out in the mountainous area until she returned. With the paper from his alpha and good intentions, though, he didn’t think he had anything to worry about.

Taking a deep breath, muscular chest briefly heaving, Wayne McCoy tilted his head back and let out a doggish howl, calling for the lady he was told to seek out.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
.silhowayne b {font-weight:bold; color:#740d02; letter-spacing:1px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.silhowayne p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.silhowayne .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#740d02;}
.silhowayne .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; margin:0px 50px 120px 0px;}
.silhowayne .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 5px;}
.silhowayne p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.silhowayne .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a1604; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#de8a16 0px 0px 3px; padding:5px 0px 80px 0px; }
.silhowayne {width:100%; margin:0px auto; max-width:730px; background-color:#de8a16; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PUdGI.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Secui form. All big and imposing :p

Stress. She hadn’t believed it to be in her own vocabulary until lately. Stress was a concept for individuals with higher responsibility and poor methods to alleviate the tensions that came with it. Stress was a concept that brought on kinks to the neck from huddled over in thought, lack of appetite from distraction, and a side-step around even the simply joyful activities that had once brought a smile to her face. And lack of sleep should not be forgotten from this lengthening list of symptoms.

Suffice it to say, they were showing quite well on her, as well as a burden could be conveyed. Not a day went by since her return to Ichika without her head throbbing with some kind of irritant. Either something had been forgotten, or she had set a task for herself that remained incomplete. It was taxing to have to recall it all and make some sort of a plan for both herself and her intentions. The Nomad was growing weary, it was plain on her face and yet she was too distracted to do anything other than ignore her physical state. There were more important things to do than stare at the river’s reflection of her face, regardless of how tired and haggard she looked. She would take care of it when she made some kind of a break for herself…eventually.

The woman was wrenched from her bout of vanity by the coarse howl of a stranger at their borders. The call itself was not fully wolf in nature, but the underlying tones allowed the voice to be carried just the same. Grudgingly pulling herself from the river’s edge, she unfolded her haunches whilst her eager front limbs already pulled her body up and into a turn toward the caller’s voice. Her once idle legs darted her across the snow covered lands almost instantly, working rhythmically in time to draw her nearer to their quest as well as keep from stumbling over the dual heavy cords trailing off either muscular shoulder. Again braiding had served as a temporary reprieve from the yet to be originated stress, but she hadn’t believed it to be a troublesome hobby til now.

Daring to break her concentration she raised her muzzle and sounded her returning call, alerting their guest that he was acknowledged and would be received shortly, an awarded courtesy to the listening ears rather than keep the expecting waiting in silence. The stone lined border was within sight, as well as the steed that accompanied a mild yellow looking hybrid, more dog than wolf as far as she could see. And even without drawing near, she could smell the strong aroma of pack on the both of them as well as the pleasant hint of the wild that intermingled. She remained silent for the time being, allowing her rampant heart to settle as she continued to breathe deeply the fragrant air of their mingled scents. Immediately she could not deduce the pack scent and why it struck a familiar chord, but she was quite fine in letting her mind ponder, seeing no reason to rush to a conclusion just yet. Feeling her heart settle to comfortable beats, she patiently seated herself before the blonde coated male and inclined her head humbly in welcome, spilling loose autumn bangs in front of her eyes. “Welcome,” she greeted him kindly with a gentle smile upon her lips. “These lands you border are of Ichika, no Ho-en. I am its Seiki, X’yrin. Might I have the pleasure of your name as well as your business with these lands, sir?”

600 words.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 366 :: Wayne is an awkwardface.

An answering call echoed through the thin mountain air, and Wayne could feel part of his anxiety die away while new anxiety swelled like a wave to take its place. At least he wouldn’t have to stand out here forever, but—but what would he do once the Ichikan showed up and questioned him? He was beginning to recognize that his social skills weren’t quite up to par with the average luperci, after being so damn used to Dixie talking to everyone they met. That didn’t make the man any less confident or strong, but words came harder to him than most folk. The added burden of representing Casa di Cavalieri weighed heavily in addition.

A secui-formed shape reached the border, and the wolfdog deferred to her authority with a dip of the head. Under the shadow of the hat’s brim, his brown eyes scrutinized her: autumnal coloring, amber eyes, russet mane hanging oddly down off her shoulders in braids. She fit the description that Jazper had given him; this had to be the warrior woman X’yrin.

He remained quiet until she addressed him, one hand wandering to touch the horse’s shoulder for comfort. Fern breathed softly, her gaze steady, and he drew strength from her calm demeanor.

X’yrin spoke at last, welcoming him graciously before introducing herself and asking the same of him. The Labrador mutt stuffed his hand into his pocket then, even as he replied in a quiet but solid voice. “Wayne McCoy, Rispetto of Casa di Cavalieri.” He finally drew the paper out, his leader’s signature scrawled across the page along with the image of a large sun. “Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, our Sole, asked me to come to you for training. He also hoped that this would build the friendship between our packs.” The formal speech felt odd on his tongue, but he didn’t want to give anything less than a stellar impression. “Casa’s a pack meant to defend the innocent and fight for peace, but—I ain’t—I’m not much of a fighter.” His insecurities stumbled from his tongue, but he cleared his throat and stood straight, hoping that she would accept the request. Otherwise, it was a long journey back home.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
.silhowayne .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; margin:0px 50px 120px 0px;}
.silhowayne .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'Shadows Into Light'; text-align:right; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; color:#740d02; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 5px;}
.silhowayne .text {font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a1604; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:#de8a16 0px 0px 3px; padding:5px 0px 80px 0px; }
.silhowayne {width:100%; margin:0px auto; max-width:730px; background-color:#de8a16; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PUdGI.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

She looked to the male with a curious eye, not knowing how to take his strange clothed appearance. While clothing was hardly something she preferred, she was noticing more and more the Luperci’s overall use for it. The hat upon his head had become somewhat of an extension of him, invoking a curious cant of the woman’s head she was watched him further. She couldn’t fathom what was important about it, but made no indication she was near questioning its purpose. As many articles those of her kind chose to embrace, she considered they were just another part of their attempt to adopt a lifestyle that differed from their own. Who was she to judge?

And certainly this show of human-esque memorabilia was not the reason for his visit.

Again, she greeted the male with a smile as he named him then felt her ears perk attentively when he announced his pack of origin. She looked down at the offered paper, relating the scrolled sun immediately to her kindred spirit before she placed a gentle paw on it in fond recognition.

When he went on to explain the reason of his visit, she could not help but feel slightly taken aback by this sudden request. While the woman believed herself to be a fine trainer, it was quite strange to be called upon to teach another pack’s member. Would that not be something a leader would do for them? True to his words, she knew the pack to be warrior orient as it was one of the factors that was alluring to her. And yet this boy was brought to her. If this was meant to be some kind of flattery to the Exultare, one could consider her so without contest. “Yes… I understand,” she woman replied softly with a faint giggle escaping her maw at his verbal slip. Her glimmering eyes wandered over his stiff stature before she proceeded forward and nudged her shoulder lightly into his leg. “If you are a pack of Jazper’s family then there is no need for you to be uneasy,” she smiled. “Those that follow him are always welcomed in my eyes. But please Wayne, tell me. If you do not consider yourself a fighter, they why agree to see me? Would you not feel like you’re doing something that’s uncomfortable to you?”

390 words.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 383

Despite his often gruff demeanor and the confident way he held himself, Wayne McCoy was still just a young man, a couple months shy of two years old. He knew his way around horses but not so much around other luperci, even if it was a skill he was slowly regaining during his time with the pack. Here, however—far from home, standing on this mountain before the strong Ichikan woman—he was aware of his shortcomings. He hated the stumble in his tongue and the uncertainty he was presenting to her, and so he stood just a little bit taller to make up for it as her watchful molten-gold eyes rose from the sun glyph to him.

Her laughter caught him off guard but also helped him to loosen up; the hard line of his mouth softened into a wary smile, which grew only stronger when her shoulder leaned into his leg. He lowered himself to a knee, resting his arm across the bent leg, to get closer to her level then. He might have shifted to match her four-legged shape, but it would be a hassle to remove his jeans, and so instead he made this compromise, his brown eyes seeking her smile.

Her question gave him pause, but the thoughtfulness of his gaze was not because of any particular doubts. Wayne reached back to scratch at his dirty blonde hair under the cowboy hat before answering: “Honestly, I don’t really wanna ever need to fight. I’m fine just tendin’ to horses and workin’ where I need to.” He straightened his posture again despite his lowered position, his voice growing stronger and more confident despite its low volume. “But… I have loved ones I want to be able to protect.” His mind flashed to his beloved Dixie-May, so strong for her petite size and girlish demeanor and yet someone he was driven to want to care for. “I wanna be ready to fight for the values of my pack and for those who can’t defend themselves. I don’t wanna be useless when the time comes.” He shrugged a muscular shoulder. “I wanna be more than I am, stronger.” He wanted to grow, to become the man he’d already thought he was, back even when he was pining after the Samoyed girl.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

To most that knew the woman well enough, they would come to know that she was a creature of honesty. She conveyed her thoughts as pleasantly as possible, voiced her concerns and opinions even to the most stubborn ears. But most of all, she was gifted with a thick hide always adorned as insurance should her meaning become lost in translation and be viewed as callous. Though, she hadn’t meant to bring insult upon the young man by her inquiry and hoped sincerely it wouldn’t be viewed as such.

Patiently she awaited his reply, allowing her eyes to wander over his unique physique. Clearly he was built for labor, quite an attractive quality she would not be ashamed to admit. And she was glad for this particular wad of clay to perhaps not define fully, but soften it and give it its initial shape before it was refined into whatever standard his Sole say fit. And to her pleasure, there was plenty to work with.

His confession was relatable at best with its validity confirmed by the light of his eyes. She needn’t ask what he had worth protecting, but only his desire to do so held merit. In her eyes, it would always be a commendable effort, one she was proud to assist in. Fondly the she-wolf lifted her muzzle to the blonde scruff of his neck and nuzzled the fragrant fur as though they had been companions for years. As she withdrew her affirming touch, she reared up a bit and placed a heavy paw on his shoulder in an effort to tip him down as well as attest his balance. “I cannot say that I alone will make your stronger, but it is your resolve that will determine this. You are able in body, but you must be able in mind as well. You must hold true to what or whom you wish to protect and trust that your instinct will lead you to do so.” The woman dropped back down to stand firmly on all fours again with tail high and gently swaying. “If you are willing, than I can see to it that your eyes will be opened to your limitless reaches. Even if you never need to raise a hand to another, I can assure that should the time come you would be able and feel the utmost confidence in knowing this truth. Are you willing to learn, Wayne?”

405 words.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 252 :: I'm not sure how much more of this thread would be needed. *ponders* I don't remember what all we discussed. xD Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, we can go into a second thread with the actual training unless you had something else in mind. :3

After his firm proclamation, the golden Seiki touched her snout to his neck, a gesture of affection that caught him off guard. He was used to being closed off to others, even if he wasn’t especially unfriendly, and to share space with someone he hardly knew surprised him a bit—but it wasn’t altogether unwelcome. After all, there was nothing in her touch other than friendliness, and when her paw fell on his shoulder and he had to compromise its weight, her amber gaze was that of the teacher he had sought out. He met her gaze evenly, listening to her words: warning that his success would come only with resolve.

The man nodded once, determination hard in his brown eyes. Even if Casa di Cavalieri did not exist, he wanted to be able to defend Dixie-May—and actually have a chance at not getting his ass kicked in that situation. Blind punches and bites would drive off the common fool, but with some of the troubling goings-on in Nova Scotia, he wanted to be able to do a bit more than that.

X’yrin settled back onto all four legs, and his ears pricked to heed her words carefully as she continued. Once she’d finished, he nodded and lowered his head in a respectful bow, sweeping the cowboy hat off his head in a generous gesture as he did so; the old thing was placed to his chest in oath.

“I am willing to learn all you can teach me,” Wayne said.

Wayne McCoy

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]