The difference between you and me
OCC: This thread is by Ichika. Aylu will find the body of Shiloh Grant, my first character. If anyone wants to talk to him feel free to jump in. WC:575

It was early morning when Aylu woke. He packed up his meager belongings and headed out into the pre-dawn light. Cilantro screeched over head and flew down and landed on his staff. [color= teal]" There is movement ahead. I couldn't see what it was but it looked harmless," Cilantro said softly as Aylu started to walk. The forest he was by wasn't yet packland even though the pack scents could be smelled. He stayed clear of the pack for now, not yet wanted to be close to them. He hoped he had found the pack, the Ichika no Hoen the old man had talked about. He knew that something in that pack would be his calling. He walked for a while and eventually came to a small field, just outside pack boarders. There hadn't been a wolf there in a long while, the tracks that resided there were a few weeks old.

He walked the area, finding the ground was unstable by the river. There where multiple scents but there was one that was more dominant over the others. He wondered what kind of wolf would stay in such a field and after a while he came across a foul stench. It wasn't in the field but a little ways down the river. He found a body, covered in a blanket that was covered in snow. He pulled the blanket back to find the corpse of a woman, curled into a small ball. She was scarred all over, her grey fur matted around her side. She had been there a while, two weeks tops. She looked like she had died from blood loss as the ground under her was dyed crimson. Her face held a wolf smile and he knew he would have to pray over the body to help the grey woman's spirit into the after life. He saw something glint on her neck and rolled her body on to its back to look at it. There was a silver and copper necklace her hand was curled over and after working the frozen digits off of it he took it off. It was expertly crafted and he didn't feel right wearing it but he put it in bag. He felt bad for the grey woman before him. She looked like she had gone though a lot. The burn scars on her arms and face to the lash marks on her chest and stomach. This woman was a tortured soul. He wouldn't eat for a extra two nights and pray and extra two nights for her. He covered her and looked around, noticing smaller pawprints around the body.

Had she been with a pup? had some smaller animal got curious? He didn't wait to find out. He wanted to send this woman's soul on her way. He dug a deep grave and buried the body, praying over her for a while before covering her. He went back to the field, the grey woman's body fresh in his mind as he laid out his napping roll and set up his tent. He went to a more stable part of the river and cleaned himself off before going back to his tent. He sat in the lotus pose and started humming a melodic tone that he used to pray and bring good spirits to the area. He hoped to cleanse the area he would be living so that if there was anything evil here it would leave.
[html]

First Lasky ever! WB BTW.

Word Count → 714

As the packs Ikusei, Kiara was used to being around kids. She had watched Sarian grow strong and healthy after Shiloh had found her thin and dying on the boarders. She had worked extensively with Jace's puppies, teaching them the fundamentals of pack life, playing with them, and watching them grow. Soon, so very soon, they would leave Kiara's world and enter the world of the luperci. It was the one step in their journey the uninfected Ikusei could not help them with, although she would be there when the time came for their first shifts. However, all of those important moments and responsibilities as the packs Ikusei could not have prepared her for the full time job of motherhood. While Kiara loved Jace's puppies, at the end of the day they were just that, Jace's puppies. Raising her own children was...different. She had grown them within her body, she had given birth to them, and they were the ones who called her mother. It was a completely different experience, and the young mother loved every minute of it.

As the small family walked through the wilderness, Kiara kept watch over the three puppies with a careful eye. At nearly two months of age, they were completely weaned and growing stronger by the day. The one thing that always scared Kiara was how small they seemed compared to Jace's puppies. It wasn't until after they were born that Kiara had learned non infected puppies were always smaller than luperci puppies.

"Kohaku, don't play in there." The largest puppy, a young male stopped just outside of a small den. He took after his father more than his two sisters. His small back was covered in a dark grey, which fadded into a light red on his legs and a reddish tan on his belly. His head was a darker red, with patches of white on each side of his muzzle. However, his fur was thick to protect him from the cold winter air. Mom, i's smells funny. Kohaku turned, his green mischievous eyes glistening. "I know it smells funny. That's because a skunk lives in there." A chorus of "eew" came from the sisters who stood practically at their mother's feet. Lucia took mostly after her mother, but there were bits of red and grey thrown into her fur along her back. The most notable coloring on her was her black tipped tail, making it look like she had dipped it in ink. Annabel on the other hand, was completely white and was the smallest of the three puppies. If Kiara didn't know better, she would have said that Annabel was a pure blood arctic wolf.

Kohaku eyed the hole as he considered disobeying his mother. However, a stern look from her made him quickly change his mind. He knew better than to cross his mother too much. After all, if he wanted to be taken on a walk outside of the pack lands again he knew it was better to behave. Grudgingly, the small boy walked through the forest, his head down and his green eyes rolled as his sisters played frivolously next to Kiara. The snow wasn't deep enough to greatly impede the young wolves movements. Kohaku's red ears twitched at the sound of scurrying feet. His head shot up as he looked around for the source of the noise. Not far off was a mouse, its small body scurrying quickly over the snow. Quick as he could, the young puppy dashed through the snow, his small body sinking a little into the shallow powder. "Kohaku, don't go far! Make sure I can see you."

Ignoring his mother's words, Kohaku ran off, chasing the small mouse through the forest until the scent of an unknown wolf filled his nostrils. Frantically Kohaku looked around, his mother's calls not far in the distance. Not far off was a luperci tent. The sound of humming could be heard from inside. Kohaku's small heckles raised and his tail rose into the air as his fur stood on end. A growl came from his lips as he pulled them back. He wasn't afraid of some luperci. Every moment his mother's worried voice grew louder and louder, with the high pitched yips of his sisters adding to the chorus.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
Aylu smiled. So this pup thought he was tough? Aylu stood and smiled before roaring playfully at the pup. "Arhhhhh!!!!!! Imma get you!" He said with a growl. He meant no harm but the mother of the pup might think he did. He could hear her in the trees. She was getting close and she wasn't alone. He sat back down, not wanting to look like a threat, especally if the mother was young. He as he sat back down the necklace he took from the grey woman's body flashed in his robes. He took it back out and studied it.

Who ever had made it had done some fine metal work. The chain and small cross glittered in the light and he wondered who had made it. He remembered the grey woman he had buried and remembered the smiled that was frozen on her maw. Was she happy to leave the family she might have had when she was alive. He wondered if the woman coming towards her pup would know about the grey woman and enlighten him about her.
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 425

The larger wolf roaring at Kohaku was enough to send him back a few paces. The bipedal form was so much bigger than his mother and the wolf's teeth were just so sharp. But to the puppy's credit, he never turned his back to the stranger. If anything Kohaku's retreat could be considered comical as he tripped over his own two feet while he tried to shuffle through the thin layer of snow. However, the young male was quick to pick up on the stranger's playful tone and quickly turned into offense. Kohaku growled again and tried to rush the larger wolf. Unfortunately his feet got in the way and he landed muzzle-first in the snow. A few embarrassing moments later, the familiar sensation of teeth around his small body told Kohaku his mother had arrived.

Ever since their birth, Kohaku had stood out as the rambunctious child. He pushed and fought more than his sisters did and somewhere along the lines had even developed an inferiority complex towards the luperci. But really, she couldn't blame him. Besides Kiara and Alonso, they were the only non-infected wolves in all of Ichika. Even their playmates, Jace's children, would soon start shifting and leave the three puppies behind. When Kiara and her daughter's finally caught up with the wild child, they found him lying in the snow near an unfamiliar male. This immediately put the young mother in a defensive position and she quickly strode over to Kohaku and picked him up in her jaws. Her tail was raised and her eyes were suspicious of the sitting male. Slowly Kiara backed away and placed Kohaku next to his sisters who had remained a several feet behind.

With the puppy out of her mouth Kiara turned, her tail was high and her posture held all of the dominance that her rank did not entitle her too. Kiara was the pack Ikusei and not very high up in the pecking order, but she was still these puppies mother and for them she could become an alpha. In a cool, but polite voice she said, "Namaste stranger. My name is Kiara Amarok, a member of Ichika no Ho-en. I apologize if my son has disturbed you." This brought about an angry retort from Kohaku that was immediately stifled by his siblings. At least they could sense the serious mood their mother was in. The arctic wolf was so absorbed with the safety of her puppies that she didn't even notice the all too familiar necklace that the male was holding.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
Aylu stared at the white woman in front of him. She was a proud woman and she approached him with a calm serious demeanor. Kiara Amarok. "Hello Kiara Amarok of Ichika. I am Aylu. A humble monk that is just passing though. I happen to come across the body of a grey woman and I couldn't leave her poor scarred soul to the birds and scavengers. She looked like she had been though enough. I had planned to move on but I thought I should pray for her," he said sitting back down at his small tent. He looked at the necklace in his hands and thought about the grey woman. Who was she? Maybe Kiara knew.

He looked back at the woman and smiled. [color=teal]"I didn't mean any harm to your pups. I happen to have saved a one Dalgina recently. Do you know her? She wanted to touch the.... what was the word.... Tonena..... Tochina. She wanted to touch the Tochina,"
he said with a laugh. She had been a curious pup and he wondered how she was doing. Aylu looked at Kiara's pups and smiled. Her son was a rebellious one. She would have to watch out for him.
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 445

The sudden turn in conversation was startling and grim. What had persuaded the monk in front of her to say such depressing things, especially with her children present. They were so young, too young to know death and unhappiness. Kiara nervously turned her head around to see the reactions of her puppies. All three were tangled up in a wrestling game that most likely started when Lucia and Anna tried to hush Kohaku. Kiara sighed with relief, they had not heard Aylu's speech. Anna's head shot up when she heard her mother sigh. Anna could read situations better than any of the others and knew immediately that something had distressed her mother. Anna quickly untangled herself from her siblings and placed herself in between her mother's front paws. Kiara bent down and gave her a quick reassuring lick before turning to face Aylu.

When Kiara spoke her voice was tough and obviously not happy. "Please don't speak of... such things in front of my puppies. I..." Kiara's voice trailed off as she started connecting the dots. A grey scarred women, her body found close to Ichika. It was then that the white female noticed the necklace Aylu held. The carved wood far to familiar. Shiloh.

Rage and grief filled Kiara, threatening to overwhelm her. Shiloh was dead? What of Sarian? Kiara turned her anger towards Aylu, the only one who seemed to have knowledge of the event. The necklace he held in his hand made him look even more suspicious. Kiara's ears flattened and her lips pulled back a little. The only thing holding her back was Anna who remained tucked between her forepaws. Aylu's next comment about Dalgina was made with a smile, yet his comment only managed to enrage her more. He was close to Dalgina at one point, he was potentially dangerous, and now he was a potential threat to her own children.

Kiara worked hard to keep her voice steady and low in an attempt to at least keep two of her puppies in the dark. "You...you found a...a female, and now you hold her necklace. Why...exactly should I trust your words. How do I know you aren't the...cause of her state." Despite all of Kiara's efforts her voice still shook a little, so she made extra precautions to make sure that she never said anything close to death. Now all of the puppies had their eyes fixed on their mother, they had sensed her anger and could hear the venom in her voice. Their small bodies automatically tensed and their ears were poised to receive instructions. Even Kohaku didn't dare to cross his mother when she was in such distress.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Aylu was surprised by the womans actions. He bowed low to her, murmuring his apologies if he had hurt her feelings. "I do not wish to make you think ill of me. She had a really bad side wound when I found her. She must..... have bled out. She had moved on by the time I found her. Their were little paw prints but they looked too small to me wolf kind. If... I had only came by earlier I could have saved her. Was she a friend of yours?" he asked then he noticed it. The same type of carved necklace he held in his hand was around the woman's neck. He had seen the same thing in his dream the night before. Who was this woman? Why did she look so ready to attack him when he was nothing but curious about the grey woman he had had to bury.

"I am extremely sorry if my words have upset you. I just want to know who she was and why she was alone. No one should have to be alone," he said softly. "I honestly dont know what happened to her. I took her necklace because I knew someone in this pack must have known her. She was well covered and had a smile on her maw. I couldn't harm anyone if that is what you are trying to say. Here I'll even give you her necklace," he said putting it at Kiara's feet. This had gone from bad to worse in a matter of moments and he felt bad that he couldn't give the woman a better explanation