behold the hurricane [p]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.terra-ooc {font-size:0.9em;line-height:1.2em;padding-bottom:3px;font-style:italic;width:85%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;font-family:georgia;}
.terra {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#000 url(http://i51.tinypic.com/15dv2nr.jpg) no-repeat top right;width:90%;max-width:683px;min-width:490px;border:1px solid #BF7E17;outline:1px solid #000 }
.terra .in {margin:220px 10px 10px 10px; padding:5px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#DFDFDF;background:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2ch2mwn.png);border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.terra p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.terra .line { border-bottom:1px solid #4F0003; margin:0 auto 5px 220px;}
.terra b {color:#f9c5e8;font-family:georgia}
.terra b:before {content: open-quote; }
.terra b:after {content: close-quote; }
.terra a {color:#43213A}
.terra a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}
.terra-credit {text-align:center;font-size:0.9em;font-style:italic;font-family:georgia}</style>

SOSU:

From the moment Magnolia had heard wolves getting together to sell their wares, the Confidant had exploded with excitement. She had collected all of her prized, shiny possessions and had left at the break of dawn with Denver beside her. The rest of Salsola didn’t seem very interested in the festival, which Magnolia couldn’t understand… but then she remembered. Intra-pack relations were not something the Boss had particularly cared about. Either way, she wanted to go. As she made her way down there, she washed her body carefully at every stream she ran into. She was a Salsola representative now, even if nobody at the fair knew it. She was just following orders.

It had taken quite a while to get there, far longer than she had expected. By the time the smell of smoke and densely packed wolves hit her, she could have fallen over in exhaustion. But the scene rejuvenated her soul quickly. Before she knew it, she was tugging at her companion further into the chaos.

Maggie hadn’t seen Denver in hours. She had purchased a few books, pens, and wolf-made paper. She had hardly any of her old necklaces on anymore. The only ones she had kept were the blue pendant Wretch had given her, her mother’s bracelet, and the blue cross given to her by Undertaker. All the other pieces of jewelry hadn’t meant as much as those three pieces did.

Finally she had spotted him, by some tent. She ran at full tilt, mouth open wide.Denver!! she called through the crowd, eyes glistening. Isn't this fun? she giggled hysterically, looking at her friend warmly.

Image by Sean McMenemy, table by Tammi!
[/html]
[html]

lol long post

Denver didn't have much to trade. When he heard about the Festival, despite having limited interest in mingling with so many strangers, he gathered what he could. The Confidant managed to collect some clothing, a handful of colorful rocks, and a silver necklace with a worn pendant. He knew it wouldn't get him the world, and his haggling skills were a bit out of practice, but Denver was certain he would get something out of the merchant's gathering. He might not have gone otherwise. Except for Magnolia, he thought, smirking.

Maggie had been inexplicably excited about this damned gathering. Denver had begrudgingly agreed to go at first, but now her fervor was beginning to rub off on him. He wouldn't let her see that, though. Grabbing his precious few trade items, he found his mohawked beauty.

His pseudo-lover had brought her own slew of shining jewels, things much more worthwhile than his single piece. Frowning, he stuffed the trinket away in his pocket, figuring it might have been a bad choice. They took off then, early in the morning to arrive far before the sun would go down. It was a long walk, and Denver couldn't remember the last time he'd been so far south-- and it really wasn't even all that far.

By the time they were immersed in the market atmosphere, Denver was wide-eyed and alert. Now, he was excited. There were prospective traders crowded everywhere, and tents and booths set up all around. Even his floppy ear was mostly aloft as his head swiveled about curiously, wondering where to go first. It seemed like Maggie had her own ideas about what sorts of things she would buy, and so when she went off on her own, he didn't mind. Denver took his own steps in a different direction, and spent a long time perusing the booths, assessing the wares and their worth to decide what was worth sacrificing his few goods for.

Eventually, the wolfdog came back to a booth lined with arrowheads, spearheads, sharpening tools, and other accessories of interest. His small blade had dulled from use over the past months, and ordinary stone had not kept it sharp enough for his liking. He had just about decided to begin haggling for a pelt scraping knife and a stone sharpener for his dagger when a familiar voice shot through the crowd.

Turning, he saw Maggie's purple mohawk immediately. He grinned as she ran towards him, and laughed when she questioned him, nodding his head. "Uh-huh... just wish I'd had s'more stuff to trade," he admitted, but then shrugged. Besides these few things, and maybe some salt and spices, he didn't want much. Then again, had he more goods to trade, it may have been different. "What'd you get?" Denver could see some of her newly bought items clutched in her hands, and pale eyes peered over for a closer look.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
NOT DONE I lost most of my post on my phone and so I'll do it later -_____-

Maggie giggled at her sheepish friend. Her bartering skills were sub-par, but she found that when she added a dose of flirtation into the interaction, the other trader was much more willing to give the Confidant a deal. Either way, Maggie lifted her goodies do they would be more visible to her friend. "I got books, paper, and ink... I just need someone to teach me how to read now," she smiled and gave him a quick friendly squeeze. "what do you want to do now?" she asked as she let go of his shaggy frame.
[html]

i wasn't sure if you were done but here's a post anyways xD

Pale blues scanned over her new possessions as she beamed at him, naming each. He managed to smile back, nodding in interest at each item. Reading was something he knew and had once loved. Perhaps it was time to start again. "I can teach ya," he offered, his curly tail giving a placated wag as she hugged him with a free arm. "It's not s'hard after a while. Writing's harder though, I ain't too good, but I can try t'help anyways." It wasn't the words or the spelling that the mutt had trouble with, though; it was the movement of the pencil on paper that frustrated him. Even when he thought he was being gentle and soft, holding the pencil just so in his hand, his letters always came out crooked, wobbly, and misshapen. Sure, you could still read it, but who would want to?

At her inquiry he shrugged, scratched at the back of his head and turned back to the booth he'd been perusing. "Guess I'll get one o' them scrapin' knives, and a good blade sharpener," he decided, telling both Maggie and the merchant. The man behind the counter asked what he had to trade, and he dug into the bag slung across his shoulder for a handsome, slightly worn pair of dress pants. With a question on his face, he held them to the merchant who felt the cloth, grumbled a bit at a fray on the hem, but then grabbed the cloth and shoved Denver's new items at him. Good enough, he supposed. He didn't want to have to work too hard for the items, so he was grateful for the merchant's acceptance, no matter how begrudging.

"Well... what d'you wanna do?" he asked, looking to her and then around the festival site. The Confidant had been purposefully avoiding the larger pack tents that were set up behind the row of booths. His eyes wandered there now out of necessity; there wasn't much left to do. Of course, he would still peruse the tables once more before he left, just in case a really good deal popped up. After all, he still had some items he could trade, and he needed to spruce up his dull, single room. He'd had his eye on some nice looking rugs before, maybe he would get those.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]