Own the Night
[html]
OOC / +300

As he had explained and chatted with the Artisan leader, whom he now knew as Skye Collins, he was also listening around, taking in the tone of the other’s voices and all the scents of the smells. Their conversation came to an end and he bowed out, turning to look around the tent. It was certainly quite the sight to see all the leaders. He recognized X’yrin and Nayru instantly, he also knew Naniko quite well, but there was no sight of Anu, Savina, nor of the Court King, or the new Aniwayan Chiefess.

He recognized the scent of the golden coyote, placing him as the leader of Inferni. Jazper recalled hearing that Gabriel was no longer the leader from Anann’s account of her visit, but this younger man had accepted their peace offering and that was of huge importance to the large coal leader. Golden eyes noted who the coyote was talking to, a now older version of the small boy he had once watched play with Noah and Talisine. Although Sirius was older and apparently, according to Tayui, had turned bad, Jazper would always be able to pick the Rhiannon pups out of a line up.

Finally he settled on a male who held much of his own physical likeness. He was not quite as tall or broad as the Knight but his own midnight fur covered an athletic build and a red tattoo brought his yellow eyes to wander over him curious and unaware of the pack that he ruled. Slowly he approached, making sure he held his posture and tail in such a way that was open and friendly. Hello there. He greeted, bowing his torso ever so slightly, I’m Jazper Rhiannon-Knight of Casa di Cavalieri. I’m afraid I am unfamiliar with you and your pack. A confident smile spread across his jaws as he left the statement open for the other to jump in.

<style type="text/css">
.jazz-m b {font-weight:bold; color:#85642c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.jazz-m p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jazz-m {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#463722; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2YxJs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 285px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#867756; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jazz-m p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jazz-m p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

The feast had been an interesting one, and Zalen’s belly was full of both cooked and uncooked food-stuffs, as well as a good share of what he was guessing was wine. Sufficed to say, he was feeling pretty content, his nerves having eased once the tent had filled the chatter of the others. It was obvious that some avoided others, and even he was wary of the arrival of the leader of Inferni, who chatted with whom Zalen guessed was the Salsolian ruler. Of course those two would be allies; it only made sense in the grand scheme of things. Zalen had tried to put any worries aside, and focus on the cordial discussion between he and the Ichikan arrivals.

But soon, the chatter began to shift, die out as other moved out of the tent to discuss more intimate matters. Titania even excused herself from his side to go talk with the leader of Cercatori, who had just finished speaking with a hulking black wolf dressed in human clothes with a sword attached to his back. This male then made his way over to Zalen, and the New Dawn alpha straightened up as best he could. The stranger was much larger then he, standing several feet above him and weighing considerably more. Zalen was not fazed though, after interacting with Titania’s father, no other wolf he had met could even compare.

The smiling wolf introduced himself as Jazper, a knight of Casa di Cavalier. Zalen was familiar with this pack, understanding that it was a peace-keeping clan sprung from the ashes of the Aniwayan war. The man was polite, his stance friendly, and Zalen wagged his tail gently, Well-met Jazper, I am Zalen Damaichu, Alpha of New Dawn. He returned the man’s bow, We have just settled in a territory to the north of Ichika no Ho-en. This man seemed good hearted, so Zalen felt comfortable giving out this information. Besides, was this feast not for establishing a camaraderie between the packs? Well, Casa di Cavalier’s motives seemed well enough to him.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen b {font-weight:bold; color:#0e140b;}
.zalen p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.zalen {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#f4ffc9; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... /Zalen.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.zalen p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalen p b:after { content: close-quote; }
</style>
wc: 342
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +300

It was reassuring to see the dark male seemed relaxed. He allowed his own posture to slump a little, remaining proud but relaxed, and his own tail swayed happily behind him. It was Jazper’s belief that leaders should reach out to each other; try to understand each other’s culture and personalities. It was no use hiding out in your pack lands and not getting to know any other canines, what would you do in the event of conflict? Who would you call upon? At this point he was fairly sure he would have X’yrin’s support in most situations, though he did not know if Ichika’s peaceful ways would allow him any physical support. Other than that most pack leaders had received a gift from either himself or Anann, but this new pack had formed after their visits to the north.

Zalen’s introduction pleased the Knight. It seemed that this man was quite to the point and the return of the bow in combination with the leader’s friendly tone caused the coal Sole to believe that he could easily carry on the conversation. My co-leader Anann and I must have missed your lands when we went to visit the northern packs. His voice was apologetic but factual. He would simply have to head back up north and deliver a gift, once he got a feel for what he could possibly offer.

I hope things to the north are all well? I use to live on the other side of the mountains myself, when I was a very young pup before the fire. I admittedly do not travel north very often as it’s quite the distance. We do use horses a lot for travel in Casa but I personally prefer to avoid the beasts and travel on four legs. Horses had never been his strong point. They were large and fast and made to eat in his opinion but he dare not voice his thoughts in case Zalen’s pack, like many others, enjoyed the company of horses.

<style type="text/css">
.jazz-m b {font-weight:bold; color:#85642c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.jazz-m {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#463722; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2YxJs.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 285px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#867756; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Zalen listened intently as the large Knight spoke, apologizing for having missed them in their travels to the north. Zalen listlessly waved a hand, as if brushing aside Jazper’s words as no reason to apologize. By all accounts, New Dawn did not even exist until long after Casa di Cavalier had been founded. Jazper continued on to talk about the north asking if all was well there and mentioning that he himself had lived there as a pup. Zalen nodded, but his ear flicked a little warily. Though this dark male seemed genuine, Zalen was suddenly overcome by anxiety for the safety of his pack. It was not that he didn’t want them to come under the banner of friendship, if they chose to do so, but more and more packs now knew of their location, and Zalen had so been enjoying the safety afforded to them by anonymity.

Standing then less rigidly, Zalen placed the majority of his weight onto on leg, The north is well, Ichika is peaceful and the mountain range protects of from less than savory characters, He did not name Inferni or Salsola specifically, for this would be unwise in this situation, It is also removed from human dwellings and settlements, and is a wild place. This is what we had been searching for, for the members of New Dawn seek to be wolves and nothing else. He wondered if his cryptic explanation of their most sacred of cultural beliefs was something the male would understand, for based on his appearance, he much enjoyed the silver spoon of human-esque life.

But Zalen tried hard not to judge, just as he had tried very hard not to judge the humanistic qualities of Ichika, or that their male leader was a coyote. Acceptance and neutrality was often forced upon leadership, lest they wish to alienate all possible allies. Tell me, Zalen began, Have your efforts as peace keepers helped to stabilize relations between packs after the Aniwayan war? He cocked his head quizzically.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#f4ffc9; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... /Zalen.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 336
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Little long.. sorry XD / +500

He was aware that the pack lead by Zalen had most likely been put in place after his initial visit to the north but Jazper seemed to go over board if it meant making friends with another pack. He had never felt a need to expose himself to so many other canines before starting Casa but now all he could think about in this leader feast was making connections. The food was excellent but it was his duty to get Casa’s name spread positively. Unlike Zalen who was concerned about the safety granted to them by the naivety of other packs, Jazper had always been an extrovert happy to socialize and get to know new canines. He believed that their safety came from making friends out of the weary and gaining alliances. They were not a particularly small pack but the Northern packs seemed to be larger with more land and resources. It was in his packs best interest to get to know the leaders of the North.

Nodding the dark alpha’s grin widened at the mention of Ichika’s peaceful ways but the grin faded slightly at ‘less than savory characters’ catching his golden eyes wander over to Sirius and the coyote leader. Silently he wondered about what Tayui had told him, about Sirius going bad, but his brain did not linger long as he caught himself and moved his eyes back to the male before him. I have the pleasure of knowing X’yrin as a close friend of mine. You are lucky to have such a friendly neighbor. Unwilling to share his personal feelings about the autumn colored wolfess he stopped at that letting his large ears perked in curiosity at the mention of their living arrangements and intentions.

It was interesting to him that a pack would choose to live absent of all human life but something he enjoyed the thought of. He had grown up as a wild wolf and now he was quite humanized but there was a sense of freedom to living outside of the pack lands on his travels to other packs. That is certainly an interesting way of life. I actually lived as a non-luperci until my adoptive father gave me the blood to shift around six months old. It must be nice to just live as wolves. It was clear that Jazper was honest in his words as he spoke with a sense of longing. But he would never return to that life, he wasn’t that naive. The years had changed him and he recognized that his members, as well as himself, had grown accustom to houses and human tools over caves, teeth and claws.

The red tattooed man caught him off guard with his final question. What had Casa done? It was a fair question but the knight had little to say. With a little reserve he spoke, Since we are still a very young pack Anann and I have been focusing on establishing friendships with all the packs. We believe the best way to avoid conflict to such an extent is to make sure we have an understanding of all the packs and personal relations with them. By doing so we hope to help packs with tension deal with conflicts politically, though we are willing to use force if it really must be used. It was the downfall of their plan, if they could not talk it out the packs would become physical and in turn Casa would lash out with their own force, taking the hits from both sides until control was maintained. So far every pack has accepted a peace offering from us. It was a small achievement but an achievement nonetheless. Our next step is to start making more personal relationships with the leaders and than pack members. Jazper was more than aware that he was sharing the entire game plan with Zalen but it did not cross his mind that the other Alpha may use the information against him, the only thought in his mind was establishing trust. I was a member of Crimson Dreams for most of my life including during the conflict and although I love my old home all I want is to make sure there is peace for my family and friends. They suffered much from the conflict but I am sure that Ulilohi will reestablish the peace between Aniwaya and the other packs.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Zalen listened to the man intently, hanging on his words. This male seemed like a strong leader, both physically as well as mentally, and was well-versed in the art of conversation. Zalen had never been the best at speaking, he was better at listening and giving advice, so he remained silent as the large knight spoke. He mentioned that he too was friends with X’yrin and that all the packs had accepted Casa di Cavalier’s gifts of peace. This intrigued Zalen, but he supposed that gifts could soften even the roughest of demeanors. Somehow, he doubted that all of the packs had taken to heart what the peace offering symbolized, instead using Casa’s generosity to their advantage. Still, he was impressed and nodded as the Jazper finished, Your cause is a noble one, much more so than any I could ever hope to follow.

Then, in response to his mention of Crimson Dreams, I guess you might know my Beta then, Soran Aatte; she and her heart-sister followed me to New Dawn from Crimson Dreams at my behest, and I am honored to have them with me. This was one aspect of the foundation of his pack and filled Zalen with much pride; wise Soran had been so gracious as to leave behind her old way of life and pack to be at his side; there were few feelings of joy as strong as that.

His eyes then flitted about the room, noting the movements of the others; Titania and the Cercatori leader had stepped out of the tent and Zalen moved to leave as well, the stench of the food and the others hung thick in the air and he suddenly had the need to be outside. Pushing a flap of the tent open, he motioned to Jazper t follow, and once they stepped into the fresh air Zalen took a moment to breathe. Outside was chilly, and the scents were just as exotic as they had been before, but here he could breathe again. Titania was a ways off and after noting her location he turned back to Jazper, You are more than welcome to come visit us if you’d like. I know the journey is long so you’d be allowed to stay on our lands for a night or two to rest. We are blessed with plenty of game for food and comfortable places to sleep. I do not see any reason why our two packs couldn’t begin a peaceful relationship with each other. Zalen gave him then a genuine yet subdued smile.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 426
[/html]