Winter Wonders, p. Amy
[html]
OOC So sorry for the delay, I tried writing it up last night, but no muse

Ahh, the feel of soft supple leather beneath her paws. It was magical, an open canvas waiting to be transformed into something, anything. The possibilities were endless. The blonde girl smiled as she ran her hand along its surface. She was wearing her dream catcher today. It rested just above her tan colored chest with its turquoise beads strung randomly in the design. The hawk feathers were not attached to it today as the girl had fitted them among her sandy locks. They served as a contrast to the tawny hues of her pelt. Other than these was the leather pouch resting in the hollow of her neck, strung by a similar leather cord. She had nothing to cover the rest of her body, her pelt providing all the warmth and security she needed. The girl was young and feared little, nothing more than a yearling.

She sighed contentedly as she looked about her. The ground was brown beneath a thin layer of snow with large dead brown stalks tumbled here, sprawled there, the remnants of large yellow flowers. Winter had ravaged them for now, but she knew, come spring this plain would be a field of greens and yellows, and full of avian life. She smiled at the thought, promising herself that she would come here again in the spring, to behold them in their full glory. For now she lay to rest in the snow with her pack beside her and Rhaego nibbling at the dead stalks idly nearby. His hooves made crisp crunching noises as he walked ponderously through the frosted field. She was never without her brave stallion, but couldn’t help but wonder if this was the best for him. She had no hay to feed him or a blanket warm enough to shield him from the cold. She lent him her bear pelt from time to time, but at some cost to herself, and often coaxed him close when she made the night’s fire. He seemed healthy enough now, but she loved him dearly, and didn’t wish to watch him in discomfort.

There was little she could do for him now and let him graze in peace while she set to her work. She pulled out her oversized bone needle and some thick waxed thread along with a thimble which she placed over her thumb. She tapped a finger to her snout, trying to decide what it was she could make of it. She struggled without another to make something for. There wasn’t anything she really, needed. She wished for a belt and a sheath for her family’s bone handled dagger. The girl had pricked herself several times on its point which had been sharpened diligently over several generations of her family. But, she really hadn’t needed to use it that often. So she sat there, leather and needle in hand, without the slightest thought on just how to carry on.

Word Count: 486
table by raze, template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.KiacodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/yfwao.png') #585f13 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.KiacodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesInput {padding:10px; margin:10px; border:1px dashed #2f330a; color:#2f330a; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; background: url('http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg'); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.KiacodesInput b {color:#ff7172; text-shadow:#2f330a 1px 1px 2px;}
.KiacodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #2f330a; color:#ff7172; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

Stepping on dead flowers Amy glanced down. Her stomach was beginning to distort, making it difficult to bend, though not yet impossible. At least her feet were still visible, as it was still a small bump. All the pains of pregnancy ran through Amy's mind, recalling the last time this happened. Her stomach had swelled, distorting disgustingly, making movement almost impossible. Movement had become such a pain that Amy had ended up giving up on that end of things, leaving her slaves to do all the work for her. There would be no such luxury this time though.

The sound of another crunching through the snow grabbed Amy's attention. Looking around she spotted a horse grazing near a pale young female. Amy headed over, her body holding a slow sway in it's step. Reaching the canine Amy looked around the small encampment. There wasn't much, the female completely bereft of clothing. Amy looked to the leather in her hands and smiled. A craftsman. Those were always useful to know. Hello. What are you working on?

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.ramasks p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC comments here.

The girl’s thoughts strayed to Wretch, the white hybrid girl who’d fast become her traveling partner, and with leather in hand she decided to make a gift for her. What it would be, she couldn’t decide, but all the while she began to prick holes into the open canvas to string her thread through. She could at least do that, and perhaps when the white girl returned she would ask her what it was she wanted or needed. I could make her a new bag, she thought, but decided against it. That was something she already had. Maybe a cloak to keep the dirt and cold off her pretty white fur? She smiled. Yes, she’d like that. She reached into her pack and pulled out a couple pelts, excluding her bear pelt and frowned. “These won’t do.” She said aloud as she tossed them aside. Deer pelts weren’t thick or pretty enough to be made into a cloak, and her bear pelt was not for crafting, it was for warmth and had value all its own. Her father and uncle had dispatched the bear themselves, and made a blanket of his fur, a reminder to all her loved ones that they would always be there to keep them safe. She smiled, and patted it fondly before looking over the last of the pelts.

It was small, but a pristine white, like the snow. Like her fur. “Oh!” she gasped. Yes, this one would do, but one rabbit fur would not do for a cloak, she needed many more, and she sighed again. It wasn’t until that moment that she heard the woman’s voice. Rhaego whinnied in surprise a little distance off and she spun her head around just in time to see a female dog approaching her camp. “You startled my horse.” She called with a smile. The yellow woman was heavy with child and she quickly motioned towards a spot across from the lifeless fire before her, urging her to sit. “I was just thinking of making something for my friend.” She replied, her tail splayed behind her wagged once at the thought.

Word Count: 000

<style type="text/css">
.KiacodesOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/yfwao.png') #585f13 no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#fff; border: 1px solid #fff;}
.KiacodesSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesInput {padding:10px; margin:10px; border:1px dashed #2f330a; color:#2f330a; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; background: url('http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg'); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.KiacodesSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #2f330a; font-family:georgia;}
.KiacodesRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #2f330a; color:#ff7172; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Sorry it's so short

Graciously Amy accepted the offered seat. She smiled at the horse's panic, hoping that it wasn't because it sensed the deadlier air resting underneath. Amy was a killer, and a good one, despite the difficulties being pregnant gave her. She looked at the soft fur selected, nodding her head at the statement. Amy saw no sense in making things for someone unless it was beneficial for her. The actions being done seemed purely benefiting for her friend, however.

The glee seemed rather ridiculous to her. Still, she had to appear gracious at least. The leather work seemed superb, however. Amy watched as the female worked, sure strong movements. You have quite a talent. You should sell this.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC No problem

.Both hides were already prepared, the leather in her hands scraped and tanned before she’d even set out, the rabbit fur cleaned and dried. She stroked the white pelt, smiling warmly all the while. Not only would it be warm, it would be good for camouflage as well and would allow the hybrid to look almost as if she were wearing nothing at all. Not only that, but leather was durable and would survive many seasons, nor did it breath so no hint of chill would be able to reach the small hybrid’s back. It was perfect, the only thing now was sizing. The hide was big enough, but would have to be trimmed to be a proper cloak. Her brows furrowed as she pondered when or how she would get an opportunity to measure it. She wouldn’t tell the girl of her gift so early in its making, perhaps she’d drape it about her as she slept that night, and cut an outline. She’d have to be stealthy, but she was a wolf, such creatures lived on stealth. Could she do it? Of course.

Her silvery eyes turned to the dog and she watched her carefully as she sat, tensing in preparation to offer any help that might be required of her. When she smiled at Rhaego she felt her own head turn towards him, eyes flicking from the horse to Amy’s face and she felt a swell of pride for her prized stallion. No doubt the woman was admiring his musculature and unbroken spirit. He was perfection in her eyes, a beloved and valued friend and companion. He was a sturdy creature, a reddish brown in color with a white blaze and splotches of white here and there, but mostly on his right side. Her smile seemed to radiate warmth as she gazed from face to face, though her eyes were cold. Only by hue were they so, for her eyes had never known malice.

She seemed rather oblivious to the predator beneath the dog’s smiling façade, and hadn’t the slightest clue that this was the dog Wretch had mentioned, the one to give her so many cuts and bruises. It had been Kira herself who saw to her injuries. Her mood was content and light hearted, the embodiment of the phrase-’Ignorance is bliss.’ She was about to express her thanks for Amy’s compliment when her second set of words set in. “Sell it?” She asked, incredulous. She didn’t quite understand.

Word Count: 413

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

The wolf before her seemed so sweet, so innocent. The simple joy in her face as she worked in the leather showed that. If it had been anyone else, they would have felt the female's joy and shared it. Amy only saw weakness, something to exploit. Amy had been like that once, a long time ago. That had been quickly destroyed, worn away under her parents before she was even two months old. There was no babying of the children. To do such a thing was foolish, cutting down their chances of survival. They were predators, masters. Not weak canines to be preyed upon like this one was.

Amy smiled, amused at the simple words from the girl. Obviously she didn't understand any of this. That was just fine. Amy could use that. She could undersell to the girl without her even realizing. Only the fact that Amy held a reputation as an honest merchant kept her from just taking from the wolf before her. Yes, selling. You exchange what you make for what someone else has that you need. For example, I need food, so I give you some medicine herbs in exchange for meat. I believe your items have enough talent to be used so.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC

The woman didn’t seem to need much help, or at least she was not asking for it, but Kira found herself reaching for her bear skin. Surely, she wouldn’t object. “You must be so very tired.” She said sympathetically and flourished the bear skin in the air in an attempt to settle it over the pregnant yellow dog. “Are you close?” she asked curiously, fighting the urge to touch the woman’s belly.

“Oh, that’s not selling, that’s trading.” The girl dismissed with a wave of her paw. “Of course I know what that is, but this…it’s for my friend…I’m sorry I can’t give it to you, and I’m only just starting it.” She carefully folded the leather and tucked it away in her pack, feeling a slight tinge of unease. She was certain she’d already told the woman that she was making it for a friend, and didn’t understand her insistence. But still being one to please she reached for the another hide from her pack. “I could make something out of this instead.” The hide was smaller, and still was yet to be tanned and scraped, but she offered it up anyways. “Are you a trader, then?” She asked, although having discerned that from the woman’s interest and behavior.

Before long the girl flushed and chuckled lightly. “How silly of me, I completely forgot my manners. I’m Kira Harding.” She offered with a warm smile. “I’ve been traveling here for a week or so with my new friend Wretch.” Whether it was the gods smiling on her or pure luck that the dog did not know the hybrid’s name Kira would never know, but she would pray that night and the next morning as she did every day, oblivious to what could have been, were the dog to admit the connection, but luckily Wretch had not mentioned the dog’s name either.

Word Count: 312

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

A bear skin was passed and draped over Amy. She pulled the pelt closer, enjoying the warmth. Amy would never show weakness, acting like such acts were a luxury instead of fulfilling something that she needed instead. She was weary, though her pride prevented such a thing from being seen. The question had her looking sharply at the female. Three weeks left, so close enough for serious discomfort. It wasn't too disruptive yet, though it was getting pretty close.

The wolf's awkward words brought a chuckle from Amy. Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of taking such a thing from you if it's for your friend. That would be rude. She shook her head at the offer. Yes I'm a trader. I'm at the festival right now. That would be useful, if she could get the wolf to work with her there. At the name Amy smiled gently. Amy Sunders. Welcome to Nova Scotia. It truly was a wonderful land of opportunity, one she'd fully milk.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC May have to leave out the Winter Festival part, it's a bit late for that. They could do some trading, gossip etc?

She settled it about the pregnant woman sweetly before her urge completely consumed her and she reached for her belly, a warm smile on her face. Her ears were perked upwards in the woman’s direction. “Oh, well let me know if there’s anything I can do to help. I helped my mom see to my aunt when she was having pups.” She wasn’t saying she was an expert at such things, but she loved to help others and felt that she’d do anything she could so as not to see someone in discomfort. She breathed a sigh of relief when she stated that she would never dream of taking the cloak from her. “Oh, I just thought…Oh, never mind. I was just overreacting I guess.” She said, breathless. Her eyes turned back to the pelt and she turned it this way and that, thinking. “I don’t have much,” She said, and this was mostly true besides her materials and some knick-knacks gifted to her by her family she had little else besides the usual, and she was loath to part with any of her family’s possessions. They were still so very dear to her, the bear pelt included, but she was merely lending it to the woman, for she was in obvious need of some rest and relaxation, near enough for small tasks to be almost unbearable.

“Oh, so this is Nova Scotia.” She giggled a moment, thinking of her traveling companion’s uncertainty at that very thought. “Good to know.” When her giggles finally ceased she sighed lightly and ran her hand over the pelt. “So…what kind of things do you have? I mean, I could make something out of this for you, or you could take it just how it is. I can think of many things I could use.”

Word Count: 301

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

The female touched her belly, and Amy let out a deep snarl. She was deeply protective of the pups around her, even a harmless curious touch bringing out that protective edge. She kept herself from flashing her teeth, fighting for control. Lips drawn tight she met Kira's eyes. Please remove your hand. The wolf couldn't harm them, but that didn't mean much to the hormonal woman. The offer was appreciated, her ears twitching softly, but she shook her head. I already have a medic prepared for when the time comes.

She relaxed as Kira returned to examining the pelts before her. Amy examined it lightly, considering the use. A simple purse would be useful. I could give you a necklace in return. That seemed a fair enough offer for something so small and simple. Amy watched the wolf turn the pelt around, searching for worth inside it. It appeared that she wasn't the only one with a sharp eye for what something could be used for.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC comments here.

She looked visibly offended when the female snarled at her and she withdrew her had swiftly, and dropped her gaze. No one had ever snarled at her. She eyed the blanket for a moment wishing she hadn’t even offered it, but the woman calmed herself a bit and she eased if only a little. It shook her to see someone react to her so she hadn’t meant anything by it. New life was a wonder to her, and she happy to be in its growing presence, but her touch wasn’t welcome and she was solemn a moment. “The gods bless your children.” She offered quietly after a moment. She was a religious person and felt a blessing was in order no matter the situation. The pups at least would appreciate it, she hoped. She gazed skyward a moment before her ears perked.

“Yes, I can do that. I made my pack myself.” She gestured to it. It was a roomy bag made of supple leather, displaying some wear, but that was because she wasn’t often without it. The world, ‘necklace,’ drew her attention and she perked up in an instant, grinning. “Oh, really, what kinds do you have??” She already had some jewelry, but her girlishness would never turn down more and she gazed eagerly at the wagon a ways off. “Can you show me?” She asked, she wouldn’t accept the offer until she’d seen them, after all. If they were similar to something she already had she’d chose something more practical, which was something she should have done in the first place, but no girl would turn down jewelry.

Word Count: 270

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

Kira looked deeply offended by Amy's protective actions, but Amy didn't feel that there was anything to get upset over. She didn't know this stranger, and she wasn't one to automatically assume that someone meant no harm. She would only let those she held sway over to touch her stomach, not including slaves. Raoth wasn't getting near Amy's pups with a ten foot pole. She didn't trust the coyote to not harm them in a twisted form of revenge. Not that she wouldn't just make sure that he suffered to the point that he'd wish he was dead if he did such a thing.

The way the light wolf lit up at her mention of a necklace had Amy grinning. She carefully stood up and moved over to where her wagon was. With care she removed the necklaces. There was an intricate silver one, appearing as a plain chain at first glance but revealing a careful artful weaving on closer examination. A gold necklace with a blood red stone was clenched in her fist, as well as a choker of pearls. Other necklaces with pendants were pulled out, as well as one with several smaller gems knitted into it beautifully. She laid it out for Kira to examine with pride before sitting back down, pulling the bear pelt around her body.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC

The female made no more displays of anger of frustration, and neither did she comment on her blessing. It was just as well, the girl was naïve and not looking for trouble. In fact, she was still not understanding why she’d taken offence in the first place. Usually new mothers were the ones to seek others out to touch their stomachs, share the wonder of life within them, laugh and swell with pride whenever the little ones kicked or moved. She watched as the woman rose to a stand, reaching out, if not a little more carefully this time, to help her up. She followed suit afterwards, her curiosity piqued by the thought of jewels and gemstones she really didn’t need. But, oh, they’d look so lovely on her. She waited impatiently, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet.

She grabbed at the necklace greedily, but carefully, she knew their value. The silver chain was lovely, if but it was overshadowed by the rest, and the girl preferred gold to the silver. Her eyes were silvery enough, moon-blessed her family called them, but the color was cold, despite it. She preferred warm colors, reds and oranges, browns, and gold, and thought that they as much preferred her. She was brown and cream-furred. The pearls were far less interesting, and she waved it away, thinking it too plain. She wanted to glitter, to look as vibrant and alive as she possibly could and as befit her very nature. The gold chain with the rest stone gave her pause. She caressed it fondly, before her eyes turned to the other with its multicolored stones. She was sold now, the dog had lived up to her expectations, and she now contemplated which was the better choice, but without a reflective surface to see them against her fur she was a lost. She held the two necklaces in her hand and turned to Amy. “These are so very lovely, I just can’t decide. Do you have anything I could maybe look into?”

Word Count: 341

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

The impatient excitement had Amy almost laughing. She was acting like a child, young and out of control. Amy knew how wonderful necklaces were, enjoying the shine and glistening nature herself. The only consistent piece of jewelry in her assemblage was the silver ring that held poison inside, the rest of it swapped around as Amy wore the variety available to her in the wagon. Amy let the girl take the silver necklace, and placed the pearl one away. It seemed Kira was much more interested in the bright golden ones.

Debating between the two Kira was holding them up, trying to weigh their worth. Her indecisiveness didn't bother Amy, used to dealing with all types when it came to trade, from those knowing what they wanted to those making an impulsive purchase. Amy turned and dug through the wagon before finding a reflective glass that she wouldn't be selling. It wasn't because Amy was vain enough to use it herself, but because it was useful for such things as this. Careful not to cut her hands on the edges Amy leaned it up for Kira to look in.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
OOC

Kira waited, impatiently so, for the pregnant dog to return. She weighed both necklaces in her hands, delighting in the feel of them, how they glinted and gleamed in the light. She was delighted upon her return and hastened to put each on in turn. She started with the multi colored one, placing it carefully about her neck, careful to be sure it draped just right. The stones were pretty, but the colors. She loved colors, but all at once. It was dizzying. She was looking for a more unified theme. She turned her head this way and that, and gently placed strands of her creamy blonde hair behind her ears to get a better view. She was earth toned and well in need of something to make her stand out, but this…This necklace. Hmmm…She was careful when removing it from her neck, and handed it back to the dog so she might attend to the other necklace with the red stone.

She beamed after she’d fastened it, looking as if she’d just seen true love. Oh, how it shined. The red and gold were the colors of her beloved god, and she giddy to see it play against her chest. Where it fell, right in the middle just a half inch or so below her collarbone. It was just right. She repeated the same actions from before, turning her head this way and that, but it was obvious she had decided. “This one…Definitely this one.” But there was something she’d come to notice by looking into the glass. The necklace was lovely to behold, but it lacked accessory. She pondered over the state of her ears, light brown and unadorned. She was aware that some Luperci enjoyed piercing their ears in order to decorate them with shining bits of gold or silver, but the thought had never crossed her mind to do so to herself. Now, though. It was apparent that it was no longer a passing fancy, but a thought that needed to be acted on. She needed to have something to match with it. It was just too gorgeous to be unaccompanied.

With a sweet smile she waited for the woman to place the other necklace away, fixing her with her silvery yellow eyes when she returned. “Amy…” She started, allowing to let her voice trail off. “You wouldn’t happen to have…any…..” She paused a moment…What were they called? Her brow furrowed. “Uh, those shiny metal things that Luperci put in their ears…” Her eyes darted to her pack. “I could add extra embellishments and pockets when I make the purse, in exchange from a pair of those as well?” She was a young girl, naïve, and without shame, but she was not entirely without her wits. She knew what it was to haggle, and she fixed the woman with one of her most dazzling smiles yet.

Word Count: 480

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

The vain way that Kira moved around, examining herself in the glass, was amusing. Obviously the wolf thought herself quite pretty to act in such a way. Used to the best though, Amy had met those with greater beauty, and used them for her own benefit. Not to mention that she herself could outshine the wolf when she wasn't pregnant like she was at the moment. Amy nodded her head as the necklace was decided on, putting the glass down.

She placed the remaining necklaces away, turning back as Kira spoke. Tilting her head Amy considered. She knew exactly what Kira was talking about, but trading them away for some extra pockets wasn't worthwhile. Make another purse and I'll put them in for you. A deal and a chance to cause someone else pain. Grinning she looked at the wolf, measuring what would look best. A pair of golden hoops, or perhaps silver clips in the upper part.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]