m- i can't step off this cloud
Already Selene had given all her trust to Hadley, but had immense trouble in trying to say that. Simple words could mean your whole wellbeing. A delicate hand ran it's way on his back, massaging his muscles gently as he slept. She was startled as he flew awake, guilty to think that it was her that upset him so. Reddish eyes were wide in confusion, not knowing the meaning of his actions. Faintly, Sel remembered last night. She had given him gifts, they had drank wine. And finally, the thing that scared her most was that they had slept together.

It was terrifying, if she didn't know why it happened, some said that alcohol made you impulsive, others claim that it strengthened the emotions, maybe that was it. It was her case, but Hadley? He was sweet to her, always gentle. Even last night, when the urges were so strong it was easy to overpower and injure someone. Sel noticed how he looked away, and she avoided his eyes. The girl was easily under the impression that he had used her, while drunk and now was disgusted. "Hadley...I'm sorry..." the young woman sank back into the bed but didn't wrap her arms around him or give him any soft kisses, it's not like she didn't want to. Her headache pounded in her head, making everything worse. She wasn't disgusted about last night, but worried about what it was done in the name of. "What are we...I mean as a duo...What would someone call us?" Sel mused quietly before getting up off the bed to go stand by the table. 

The rock sat there, and she took it in her palm just to feel it before setting it back down. She needed more assurance, that he would never hurt her. 
[html]

OOC here!

His ears pricked as Selene apologized. Why would she do that? He was the one that had hurt her. Gently he wrapped an arm around her, soft in case she pushed him away. He didn't know what to do, how to apologize. Hadley had promised not to hurt her, but he was pretty sure he'd done just that. The memories of last night were hazy. While he remembered having sex, Hadley couldn't remember whether or not he'd hurt Selene in the process. Don't.

Selene slipped away, walking around the small room. His soft eyes watched her worriedly, concerned that she would leave and never come back. The hybrid palmed the heart stone that had been given as a gift, sending an ache through his body. He didn't know what to do. Hadley cared for her deeply, but didn't know how to show it. Hearing her question Hadley looked at the ground, pondering. It wasn't something he'd been asked before. Pack mates? Mistress and slave? Room mates? He didn't think it was possible for them to be friends, with how low level he was.

<style>
.hadley2 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.hadley2 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.hadley2 b {color:#ff0000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Selene looked around the room quietly, he had touched her softly and again Selene could resist moving back towards Hadley. Sitting on the edge of the bed, Selene brushed back her messy long hair and explained "I just don't get how I'd do all that...I care for you...But how do I hear that you care for me too?" Hadley hadn't hurt her physically, no he had made her feel beautiful again. She hadn't been hurt emotionally either. 

Her position changed a little, she had managed to wriggle a little so she sat easily against the wall by his feet. He gave her a few choices but none struck her heart as much as the one about mistress and slave. "What? H-Hadley...Why would someone see us like that? I-I mean...Do you see us like that?" Did Hadley just follow what she wanted? Somehow sense it and use her as a mistress and obediently do what she wanted. It hurt to think of it like that. "I don't see it that way. I want to be your friend, someone who cares about you. But not a mistress...And I don't think of you as a slave." 

Selene put her head in her hands, quietly thinking. Is that why he slept with her? Because he knew that she would have wanted it at that time and was simply following orders? "I even...Thought I saw us as lovers...I don't want to disgust you by saying that...But I did," 
[html]

OOC this pairing makes me cry

Hadley's heart pounded as Selene used words that he could actually understand and respond to. She cared for him. The large male blushed, his dark fur barely hiding it, showing through in lighter patches. He wanted to tell her that he cared for her, that he would be willing to jump off a waterfall if she asked him to. He just couldn't find the words, suddenly completely tongue tied. Wordlessly he watched Selene return to the bed, curling up near his feet.

Selene's shocked reaction pricked at his heart. Hadley looked down, ashamed, as Selene said she didn't see them as any of the possibilities. Luckily the tiny female widened her explanation, explaining that it was that she didn't see them as mistress and slave. He glanced up shyly, hoping to see something good. To be a friend was almost too much for Hadley to believe, hardly able to grasp the idea. The next one was impossible for him. Numbly he shook his head. You need someone better for that.

<style>
.hadley2 {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3590/2 ... 0914m3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:370px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.hadley2 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Selene felt safe sitting where she was, although not as much on that caliber as being nestled safely in the crook of his body with his arms wrapped around her. She wished for that. A small sigh escaped her lips as Hadley said nothing, but at least he had heard what she was thinking. She moved up closer to rest her head on his ribs, quiet and thinking. "I've never seen you as a slave. Just as yourself...The sweet man who comforts me." 

The young woman had to find one explanation, some clue as to what he thought, when he said nothing it was hard to decipher his thoughts and feelings. She herself was weak on that, one look and by her expression it's easy to see, her words usually carried emotion. Sitting in silence, finally she lifted her head and watched as the tall brown man spoke. Here doggish tail flicked behind her as he spoke, soft shy words fell like silk from her mouth, it was truly a wonder how she could say things like this so flawlessly. "No I don't need someone better, you are good enough. I see nothing wrong with you. I like being around you." Brushing back black hair, Selene glanced away with reddish eyes. Shy once again. "But...Lovers usually feel the same, and I don't know..." 

The woman was lost for words as she finished, Hadley held her and things, he comforted her when he did. But he never once did say anything about loving her. That was okay, she didn't need to hear it all the time, maybe she should know that in his actions he showed it. Maybe one day.
[html]

OOC here!

Selene slid up Hadley, moving to rest with her head on his chest. Hesitantly he moved his arms around her, hoping that was alright. A soft smile fell on his face as she said she'd never seen him as a slave. Instead, he was her comfort, her pillar. Hadley didn't feel particularly strong, but maybe he could be strong enough for Selene. Strong enough to keep her from being hurt, and to protect her from the pain wrapping around them. It was a difficult dream, especially for someone with no more worth than placing himself where Selene was, to take the injuries instead. He couldn't fight for her, something he now regretted.

Selene's soft words flustered Hadley. He truly didn't see himself as good enough for the tiny hybrid. She needed someone who could protect her, not someone who could do nothing more than hold her close. That wouldn't be enough, not as long as there were monsters out there. Hadley knew there was, and had lived under one's grasp. Twisting his head to the side Hadley listened to Selene's words. Despair flooded him as he realized what she wanted. Something he couldn't grant her. Hadley couldn't love someone. It was too painful, too frightening. It put them in danger. He shook his head softly. I-I like you. Want to...to protect... His voice trailed off as he stared fearfully at the door, afraid someone would come and take her away, hurting her because he admitted these things.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
The small hybrid let a gentle smile spread across her features as he let his arms rest upon her lithe form, sighing happily as he did so. The things from last night confused her, especially having the blind spots in her memories. Sel had the faintest idea of how they ended the night, but what had they talked about before? In the midst of sobriety? Some memories were clear, while others jumbled and without conclusion.  They seemed to sit there in silence, him probably thinking as much as her. These times were confusing, she had admitted her feelings too soon. Maybe she was too young for him, not quite mature enough to know things. In her mind, she was as good as any mature adult canine. From the things she had seen and endured...Maybe she'd be pushed away sooner or later, punished even. If Sebastian was still involved, would he make her leave Hadley forever?

Small hands ran themselves gently through his mane, taking out any tangles that were there. His words about liking her stopped the gentle ministrations and careful attention. She didn't know how to reply, but gave a small smile for the effort and confession he had given. Finally after moments of silence and mental dispute, she softly murmured "I like you too Hadley...I feel safe around you." Arms brought themselves to his body to wrap around in a gentle hug, pushing her muzzle into his chest. This would never feel as safe with someone else, she was certain there was no such thing as someone else now. Just Hadley. A tongue snaked out to softly slide against his muzzle, letting out a contented whine, the brown and cream femme glanced into his warm brown eyes for anything else she could have missed, left behind. 
[html]

OOC end here?p>

It felt funny, the way her hands ran so softly through his mane. Hadley was used to brutal touches, her gentle care and patient untangling foreign to his nature. He didn't even have any memories as a pup of his mother doing this, though that might be because of how much of his life had been spent drunk. He shouldn't have been so wild. Maybe he would have found someone good before then. That was who he'd been though. Too afraid to let anyone see how gentle he was, bold about his world, keeping himself hidden in a drunken haze.

Selene stopped her stroking at his words. Fearful that it had been a game, just to get him to admit to things, Hadley glanced down, ears flattened. A small smile was given to him, encouraging his words. That was good. It hadn't just been a game so she could hurt him. The fear still plagued at him, as silly as it was. Maybe he'd stop being so afraid one day, but for now he still saw threats everywhere. Selene finally responded that she liked him too, hugging him close. A tongue snaked out across him, and Hadley settled in with a sigh, content to spend the day like this.

<style>
</style>
[/html]