Catch by the Tail
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: Secui form

She knew that it knew she was there…watching…waiting for that little vermin to make the first move. If she were to leap after it, no doubt the creature would read her movements with instinct alone and go fleeing into a brush somewhere where she wouldn’t have been able to find it. The target was pure white, a true rarity worth the effort and the agitation it was rousing. But it was her own fault that she was getting annoyed with the marten. Had she been paying attention to the scent trail rather than letting her mind wander, she would have picked up on the scent ahead of time and concealed herself before she was near her target. But instead, she was standing still with amber eyes locked onto the beady orbs of the small prey. Neither one of them moving… locked in a stand still.

She couldn’t move not even a paw as the cold seeped through her pads numbing the nerves beneath. She dared not even breathe too loudly, less she wanted to initiate a pointless run. It would have been much easier if she had taken the creature by surprise instead of this mistake, ranked amateur at best. If any were to see her now, her posture would have conveyed hesitance, not for taking the marten’s life but for how to go about it. But the eye unaware of the situation would unlikely understand. But it certainly would have been entertaining to witness this predator and prey stare-down.

000 words.

[/html]
[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

Shadow was in his Lupus form of which for his size was still bigger than most he had seen in their Secui form. What it came down to was simple, Shadowfang was a Big boy...being taught and trained and made to work and move at nearly all times of the day and night and getting very little sleep could take its toll on any body, In fact shadow had almost been worked to death more times than he could remember and all due to his father wanting a perfect, powerful killer as a son...but more so as a tool. Shadow walked slowly and silently like he always did be he hunting or stalking prey, he always moved silently as if his life were on the line. Everything he did was the byproduct of his training and near brain washing. Shadow slowly came to an area of trees and bushes and he caught the scent of a small animal but then as he took it in and thought about it he was hungry he picked up at larger canine and he lowered himself and leveled out with the bushes around him on instinct and slowly looked around until his eyes looked onto both the prey and the hunter that was after it and he stopped and tilted his head lightly as he saw that an epic stare down was going on between the two and he relaxed a little as he watched in secret and yet remained ready to spring to life if his spying worked against him and he had to fight off an angry wolf.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The moment had boiled down to this; who would make the first move? She anticipated it would be the marten to go fleeing off into the bushes, so long as she could see its direction she could cut it off before it reached cover. But he did not look like he was ready to budge. He continued to stare at her, waiting… expecting to be chased to it would take cover.

As if the powers that be were tired of this staring competition, they sent a distraction to startle the tiny creature into moving. As soon as it sensed another wolf, its little hairs rose and its body darted toward a lone bush. The female was at its tail instantly, powerful legs closing the distance whilst her jaws lunged down to snap around the long elusive tail. The creature shrieked in terror before a large paw swung down on its head and effectively silenced its futile cries for freedom. Finally, a turn in her favor.

But she recalled it was not be her own efforts that this capture was made possible. Holding the tail of the marten between her jaws she turned to look at the godsend of a distraction and greeted him with a grateful wag. She whined her gratitude as she slowly made her advance, trusting as always that body before her was benign and was no risk of a threat. Besides, how could a send from the ancestors be anything but friendly?

000 words.

[/html]
[html]

Shadows eyes judged the females every action as if studying her and giving her a grade on her performance as a older wolf would a pup and then that would be followed by criticism and lessons. He saw the little animal take off as he watched closely just in case he would have to jump into action to catch it for the nice looking female but to his surprise she taught it by the tail and then placed on paw on it to keep it silent. He smiled as she turned and greeted him warmly and just by her kind actions alone his own tail started to wag and he whined back lightly as his tail lowered as did his head as he gave her a honorable and respectful bow. He looked into her eyes with his shining blue and yellow orbs and gave a reassuring quick bark like howl and then he spoke kindly and calmly with a voice slightly deep and yet with a strength behind it.

Very nice catch of the tail that is in it's self one of the hardest things to get." hmm...she wasn't the most stealthy...but she was quick and a good hunter to be able to catch a creature such as that in a flat out sprint. She has skill. slight flaws but i like it. Shadow stopped thinking to himself after a little while and went back to paying attention to the red beauty in front of him and still yet he couldn't help but smile from her outright act of kindness and acceptance. this was going to be a good meeting and Shadow knew that he would get good info from this one.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Sorry for the delay, I'll be more prompt on the replies.

The female was quite proud of her catch even if in retrospect to her more effortful feats of downing larger game, it was very simple. Even if had started off oddly, she was happy with the inevitable outcome; another tail to add to her collection and perhaps an accent to her wares. Her time at the festival had come and gone awarding her several furs in exchange for her own and a few unique trinkets. And though she had no real reason for hunting the sought after furs, she could not yet escape the habit. No doubt going after a deer or two would break her from this silly chore, but only time would tell eventually.

Meeting the male, she carefully set down the deceased vermin and offered her undivided attention in a show of forward arched ears and gently swaying tail; the epitome of calm and ease and good will. “It is not as hard as it looks,” she replied humbly, smiling softly as she lowered her large head. Instantaneously the loosen autumn strands spilled in front of her eyes, yet she went on as though it hadn’t happened at all. “It’s a matter of gauging which direction it will run towards. They are very simply creatures, but if you were the one to move first it would give them a chance to veer and those precious seconds are what matter.” Proudly she looked down at the albino carcass and placed a heavy paw upon its back.

“Had you not shown up,” she returned her gaze to the nameless male. “I have no doubt it would have taken much longer for me to catch this little one. I am grateful to you, my friend. I am X’yrin. Might I have your name sir, so that I may thank you properly?”

301 words.

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her intently and he smiled as she was humble towards him and he watched her sit down and when he caught her name he nodded softly and spoke back so as to give her what she had desired." My name is Shadowfang...you can call me Shadow however. Most end up calling me that anyway. And i must say it is a pleasure to meet you X'yrin. Shadow ended up sitting across from her and his tail swayed lightly with hers and in time and he tilted his head to the side a little as he looked down to the small kill in X'yrin's paws and then he looked back up into her eyes and spoke again.

" I'm glad i could offer you what little assistance i have and if you don't mind, could i maybe get some help from you? You see i am a loner and have been traveling all over this land and i am doing so because i wish to meet with all the packs and see what they have to offer and what there histories and beliefs are. I am looking to belong but i want to get all the questions answered before i made any decisions. i would be forever in your dept if you could maybe tell me about that pack it is that you run with and maybe tell me about them?"

Shadow sat patiently as he looked to X'yrin and wondered if she would be able to get all the questions out of the way so that he wouldn't have to howl for another pack member while sitting on the edge of the packs territory he wasn't against that course of action and he was afraid of no wolf or Alpha he just liked things to be simple and her answering him was the easy way.

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

The way of her Nomad culture was that nothing was given without an exchange. This followed through trade, through relations with other groups or packs and of course information. And when she offered both name and gratitude to the male, a sort of offering had been made in her eyes, one that was well received and returned… but with a higher price in her eyes.

When asked for a favor, the woman tilted her head curious perplexed by the test of this new and fragile relationship not soon after their names were shared. Yet the expression of curiosity gave way to genuine surprise as she better heard his ambitious request. Her maw did not open in response immediately, instead she continued to survey the male in a comfortable silence sectioning in her mind what information was worth the assistance he had given her. Their fledgling relationship was still comprised of give and take, but an offering of good will never hurt to strengthen it to something more.

She smiled. “It is admirable that you seek to learn of the packs in the area. Yet, I feel you will have greater success if you venture south of here to the woods. There is a gathering of a multiple of people, pack and wanderer alike. You would surely receive more information you could handle but it would be worth it if you sought to end your lone journey.

“However… Ichika no Ho-en is a pack that resides to the north. We are not a hostile people but a home to those that need reprieve. And though we offer sanctuary to any that need it, we do ask that one be a part of our family; care for the other, see to the well-being of oneself and their brethren. We are a pack of many ideals and walks of life, all embracing and we look to the other as family.”

317 words.

[/html]
[html]

Shadow watched her closely as she spoke to him and explained about the meeting of many individuals. Shadow was okay with being around others, However he always preferred one on one, rather than a meeting of many voices. Although shadow preferred few over many he was able to blend in with either situation perfectly. Shadow nodded kindly as he watched her face change with questions and answers and he gathered from face alone that she probably came from a bartering, type of back ground. Shadow waited patiently for her to finished what she was saying and the moment she was done he smiled as he then spoke his mind.

" Thank you for telling be about the Ichika no Ho-en. They sound like a peaceful pack and a nice family. I thank you for that info and i accept going to this meeting. Perhaps if you are going i can travel with you? or if you know the way perhaps you can point me in the right direction? I'm sorry i don't have more to offer you if i could i would offer myself in terms of helping with a job you needed done bit other than that i have no idea how to pay you for all that you have given me."

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

A simple token of thanks was well enough for the woman to consider their ‘trade’ complete and offered a smile to is succession. “There is no need for anything like that,” she assured the male with a kind dip of her muzzle. “It is my pleasure to offer what I can to those that seek what is within my means. And I would gladly point you in the right direction.”

While his offer to follow her to the festival was kind, she had taken care of what business she had with the nomadic merchants. Though there were still wares and entertainment to take part in, she was for a time satisfied and with the responsibilities that loomed overheard, she felt it would have been irresponsible to set them aside for another day just to return to the wonders of the events.

“If you travel along the mountain, you will come to the dense woods in the south of it. From there you would be able to hear the sounds of the festival. I assure you, it is very lively and would be hard to miss, my friend.”

000 words.

[/html]
[html]

Shadow smiled lightly as he listened carefully to every word she said and as she spoke he instantly remembered what was heard. When she finished he nodded and made a simple bow . "Thank you for all the information, your caring nature is a bright light within the darkest cave. Whoever your mate be, He is lucky. Good day X'yrin way your path be peaceful and full of happiness. I shall remember you and perhaps when my quest is done i shall visit and enjoy your company once more." Shadow smiled softly as he turned away from her and he walked until he knew that he was about to be lost to her sight and it was then that he stopped and looked over his shoulder nodding lightly and then he looked away and walked out of sight but still in mind. After shadow left her sight he had a new goal and he headed towards the direction that was given to him. A meeting of many would prove useful and would give him plenty of time to gather info and perhaps some goods and wares for his travels. His future was looking bright and as he traveled he would meet more kind and some bad souls but every soul he would be thankful for. Each soul was a story and so far his story was grand.

template by revo. <3

[/html]