CdC Brotherhood Poll!
PLEASE READ FIRST

The Brotherhood is a large and important part of Casa's culture so Katie and I want to make sure that everyone has a say in the requirements.

The requirements right now are:

1. Character must be of Famiglia tier or higher

2. Character must complete 2 threads with each of the Leadership (4 total)

3. Character must be a member of CdC for at least 2 months

4. Character must complete 2 threads relative to the Brotherhood rank they wish to be given

5. Character must make The Oath to one of the Leadership

Essentially we have these requirements in place in order to ensure that your character has showing their chosen skill IC, as well as would be ICly trusted by the Leadership.

I would personally like to see an initiation task put it place. This task would be fairly simple and be more based on reflection of your character choice to join the brotherhood and the retrieving a certain item from our territory to prove they have completed the task. The thread for this would be a simple read only thread with a minimum of 300 words and would be performed before your character had his or her Oath thread.

So the questions are:
Do you think we have enough requirements as is?
Would you like to see any requirements changed
Do YOU want an initiation task?
Do you have any ideas for an initiation task or any changes you would like to see for The Brotherhood?

PLEASE post below with your opinions or simply vote on the poll above if you do not have time. Katie and I would both love to hear from all of you. Smile
I state that Melissa smells like cheese. That is all.

An initiation task would be a good idea I think, as an extra challenge to prove your worthiness of entering the brotherhood, for only the best of the best should hold the honor of its title.
I like all of the current requirements. Smile It really helps to ensure those who are shooting for the Brotherhood will be dedicated, rather than letting them rise up out of nowhere. It'll be something to strive for while the members (and characters) prove themselves worthy.

The only thing about the requirements I could think to change would be the number of threads with the leadership. I really like how you touched on IC trust and, from my own experiences, agree fully that characters would need threads with the leaders to "prove" themselves in their eyes. However, you need to make sure you guys are willing to take on those threads too. xD On other sites, I've been swamped trying to deal with those exact kind of threads... Perhaps to keep yourselves from being so taxed, there could be only one thread for each leader? I guess it depends how busy you think you guys will be. c:

The initation task sounds neat, too, but I'm not sure about retrieving an item from within the territory. It seems kind of...basic, I don't know. I think it would be interesting for it to be tailored to the particular rank in the Brotherhood that they're going for; for example, it would make sense for trackers to find an item, but not so much a swordsman or horse trainer or something.

Perhaps, in going along with the item, each character could fetch something that relates to their rank -- such as an ornate sword, or an arrow or horseshoe or something. Or, um... I dunno. xD I'm being lame. I just thought the task could be really tied into the rank that they're going for, so the journey to find the thing is kind of individualized even more. :3 But I'm not really sure.
Hopefully it's okay if I reply to this since I'm a future member~ c:

I was also going to mention the threads with the leadership. 4 threads can take a long time and if someone is really keen on becoming a member of the Brotherhood, it would mean 2 threads with the same two characters at the same time. As a leader, I was always willing to take on member threads, but there was a point where I'd have to say no because it'd just get too overwhelming. I think that although the intent is good, it would definitely put a lot of the onus on the leaders when it should be on the person trying to become a member of the Brotherhood.

For threads, you have a total of 7 related to the Brotherhood which seems a bit excessive:
- 5 leader (4 for 'trust', one for the Oath)
- 2 Brotherhood-related (any)

Given that some members (such as myself) don't take on more than 6 or 7 threads in a given span per character and that 7 threads can take about half a year to wrap up, this might mean a character wouldn't become a part of the Brotherhood for half a year.

I think that the intention is great, but I think that a thread with each leader would be sufficient and then have one post-Brotherhood thread that's an initiation thread.

Maybe part of the initiation could be figuring out what the initiation task is? The character would have one IC day to think of something symbolic and then perform the task.

- 3 leader (2 for trust, 1 for the Oath)
- 2 Brotherhood-related
- 1 initiation

That brings it to 6 threads, which is still quite a few, but with only 5 as threads with interaction, that's a little more manageable. c:

Hope that helps a bit. c:
Of course it's not a problem Tammi Big Grin
Uh...I agree with Tammi and Raze. Big Grin Can't really think right now, just walked in the damn door and flopped into bed. >.<

I love the requirements and all that hot ass stuff....just might be a few too many leader threads...yeah.

goodnight. -.- <3
Yeah, for the leader threads both would need to be ready to take on threads and such a thing could take a while. But otherwise, I like it <<33
Now that you guys point it out I do have to agree with the threads with leaders, especially if several people started striving for the brotherhood at the same time. At the time we were simply more focused on the idea its hard to get to know and trust someone from a single encounter.

If you guys have any suggestions for initiation tasks, I'd love to see them! Cause that's were my mind starts drawing a blank.
Perhaps introduce, 'group threads' Where all brotherhood hopefulls meet up in a kind of pack thread to discuss their choices, and all the stuff relevant to their position, etc etc, a few of these would give the leaders a chance to meet everyone without having them need to have a gazillion threads XD Just my little input
It looks like we may have to drop the leader threads down to one thread with each leader NOT including joining threads.

I thought I'd just share an idea for initiation that I have shared with a few of you on AIM.

I thought perhaps before taking the Oath the member would travel to the hot springs and spend the night thinking about their discussion to join The Brotherhood and what has lead them up to this point. After the night was over they would collect a crystal from the cool pool and bring it with them to whichever leader (who should be told in advance about the Oath) would be performing their Oath. The crystal would then be made into some form of jewelry as a physical sign of official membership.

Originally my thought was to have it placed into like a ring or a metal pendant but would it not be awesome to do simple necklace like in the cartoon Atlantis movies!!!!

THIS ONE----> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9iMIweN5ntc/TQLN...BPapercraft.jpg

More realistic version: http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.300895360.jpg

Just a thought. As Katie said we would LOVE to hear your own ideas for an initiation task as well as any Brotherhood related changes or suggestions.
QUOTE (Jazper Rhiannon-Knight @ Feb 11 2012, 12:34 PM)
It looks like we may have to drop the leader threads down to one thread with each leader NOT including joining threads.

I thought I'd just share an idea for initiation that I have shared with a few of you on AIM.

I thought perhaps before taking the Oath the member would travel to the hot springs and spend the night thinking about their discussion to join The Brotherhood and what has lead them up to this point. After the night was over they would collect a crystal from the cool pool and bring it with them to whichever leader (who should be told in advance about the Oath) would be performing their Oath. The crystal would then be made into some form of jewelry as a physical sign of official membership.

Originally my thought was to have it placed into like a ring or a metal pendant but would it not be awesome to do simple necklace like in the cartoon Atlantis movies!!!!

THIS ONE----> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_9iMIweN5ntc/TQLN...BPapercraft.jpg

More realistic version: http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.300895360.jpg

Just a thought. As Katie said we would LOVE to hear your own ideas for an initiation task as well as any Brotherhood related changes or suggestions. [/quote]
yes, YES. We do this >:| Tony can make a crystal shield too??? Keep his buys ;|
I really like the vigil and crystal idea. I'd add a task that's specific to what job theyr'e doing as well
I think it sounds great! Though, I agree with the above posters^ about the two-post-per-leader thing. I agree with Tayuiaston that that'd be a bit much for posts. But, otherwise, I think it sounds great! Smile