how can our voices not be one?
[html]

Private for: Augustus, by the borders! lupus form. Late morning of the 12th

The girl had snuck easily out of the lands of Inferni that morning, word of another pack founded not too long ago had reached the tall ears of the coywolf, curiosity had easily taken over and the young female had to just go see. Most in Inferni weren't too happy about the ways of wolves, thinking them dangerous and horrible. She herself had a bit of wariness, judging by their size and her vulnerability. Omni had never openly hated someone for their heritage. No one in Nova Scotia had been vile to her, and she had met many wolves. Her bitch of a mother had been wolf, and her blood had carried the taint of that heritage.

The russet girl had decided to take the trek on four paws, her Optime form wouldn't be as nice traveling west around the northern packs. Omni had told Jacinto to stay home, and he had accepted. Telling her something about making more music that she wasn't allowed to hear until completed.

The musty scent of other canines lingered strongly in the morning air, someone had recently been out to mark the borders, which she was careful not to pass. It seemed new, so recent that Omni didn't know what else to think about. What kind of place was this? Would she be able to know and discover a little more about the culture? The lithe Scorpio had become so used to Optime that Lupus felt pretty great. Her paws easily took in the cold moist soil, claws embracing the ground as she trotted from place to place. Her coyote heritage was very definite along her small frame and reddish coloring, she could never be mistaken for a wolf. Never. She feared being pushed away, told to leave the outside boundaries of these lands. Large ears pressed themselves in fear to her skull. Driven out by a larger race. That would be terrifying. But of course, she'd never know more unless she tried. A long coyote muzzle was turned to the sky, keening out a long skipping and yipping cry that anyone would know of what she was.

Waiting, Omni sat her lean hindquarters down. A tongue lashing out to grace the side of her muzzle. This very much felt rebellious, an act that was wrong. But wrong done was there in trying to educate yourself about your neighboring packs?    

<style type="text/css">
.ostelleaux b {font-weight:bold; color:#476f87; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;}
.ostelleaux p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ostelleaux .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; text-align:center;}
.ostelleaux {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#bbcad7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/gG6yU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 245px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#687077; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Augustus
OOC -- Word Count → 487

He was on the tail end of his rounds and was walking slower now, the feeling of excitement ebbing away as the day wore on without a hitch. He secretly wished for an intrusion to demonstrate his prowess, prove to his leaders and to himself that he was worthy of his promotion. He was the only male in New Dawn to receive such a promotion, and couldn’t help but feed his already expanding ego with that fact alone. These were happy days for him at least, but others in his pack were restless. He’d been at the meeting of days passed and saw the punishing of the Omega. Many of his pack were kin to the man, Noah, or had a connection of some kind, but Augustus was free of those bonds. It seemed like years since he was chased away from his true family, despite the passing of mere months, but the man had a new family now. He discarded the old.

He had more reasons to be happy. His playmate, the dark chocolate wolfess- Blind, had come to join him here in his home where he could court her like she deserved. He thought of her now as he set his paws towards the den, hoping she would be there waiting for him. It was then that a sharp yapping voice gave him pause. His ears swiveled like miniature satellites as tried to locate the call. It was purely coyote and the hairs along his scruff and back bristled. He turned around and trotted towards the sound, his yellow eyes suddenly wary. His black dusted tail lifted to the stature of his rank and he stood tall, preparing to face whoever it was that had the gall to disturb the wolf pack.

It seemed a coyote’s prerogative to be nuisances, scavengers and thieves and like his family he did not trust them. They always seemed to push their boundaries, behaving ferociously when they should have been meek and submissive, submitting to their superiors. The last intrusion had been Terra, a friend of his once, he supposed. He remembered the incident all too clearly. Holly was not here now, he could tell, and he couldn’t help but wonder what it was the drew this visitor in. Were the borders not clearly marked? No, that was impossible he’d seen to them himself.

Her scent reached him finally and he lifted his head to track its origination, all the while holding himself tall and proudly as a defender of New Dawn. When he glimpsed her petite tawny figure sitting just beyond the border did a growl rise in his throat. If she’d been uneasy, on her feet and pacing, he would not have bestirred himself so, but something about how casually she sat there disturbed him. "Coyote." He growled in greeting, hackles and tail raised. "This is the territory of New Dawn, your kind is not welcome here."

Take the light and darken everything around me. Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

I maek horrible bad post. X|

Omni had gotten to notice the subtle beauty of a winter morning, how the trees shimmered with ice as well as the ground, if any passerby had noticed her, she could be passed off easily as simply enjoying the morning. Sounds nearby had the coywolf's tall ears flickering as unpleasant words in her opinion reached her. Se let her own low growl of surprise rip quietly from her throat as she rose. The stranger seemed unpleasant, addressing her gruffly as coyote. Blue eyes flashing, she stood her ground. "Alright wolf. What's your problem? I never stepped beyond your borders." Omni wasn't acting overly dominant or particularly rude, she had rights that she was easily entitled to, respect was one of them. Maybe it was her sassy nature that let her voice come close to arrogance, who knew. "I came here when I found out a territory had been established as taken not too long ago.I come from Inferni, I'm the clan's hunter." The tawny female lifted her tail in pride for the clan, it truly was a strong and formidable place to live.

The words your kind are not welcome here were disturbing, almost unfair. But vice versa, wolves were not welcomed very easily in Inferni either. "By saying your kind you must be meaning yourself too! Oh woe is me for being a half-blood." Omni hadn't shown any aggression but slight amusement for the way the wolf was behaving. She wasn't planning a raid on New Dawn's behalf, in truth the girl's wanted nothing to do with wars. What could she do anyway? Trespassing was stupid, and how could someone be so unbeknown to see that Omni was clever enough to not piss off the inhabitants by walking upon the lands uninvited? 
Omni spun in a short circle prancing lightly on her feet a few yards away from the larger canine, blue eyes flashing. "You seriously thought that I was pure coyote did you?" She had to be careful, but teasing this overreactive wolf came as rebellious fun. And if he didn't like it, at least she could sprint easily away with her smaller size. The Scorpio gently as she possibly could, (which was incredulously warped in this exciting rebellion) "I didn't come here to hurt your pack. Or spy for any matter. The Aquilla didn't send me. I just left home to explore, y'know. Find out more about this place." Pausing, she flashed a toothy canine grin and continued "How would I be able to know my neighbors if I never see them? Oh and I have a name. It's not coyote."

<style type="text/css">
.ostelleaux b {font-weight:bold; color:#476f87; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;}
.ostelleaux .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; text-indent:0px; text-align:center;}
.ostelleaux {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#bbcad7; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/gG6yU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0f2f6; padding: 245px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#687077; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Augustus
OOC It's not bad! Smile ! And Happy Valentines Day xD -- Word Count → 504

Her words surprised him and he showed his teeth, rows of daggers not yet stained by age displayed in jagged rows like daggers glinting maliciously in the light of day. He did not state that she had trespassed, but she had drawn attention to herself for what reason he could not guess, but it seemed terrible suspicious and he regarded her through narrowed eyes. "You came here to spy." He growled. "I serve as defender and hunter of these lands, and lay claim to all prey within range. I will not have their corpses scavenged by coyotes." His words were laced with a growl, growing louder and fiercer in his throat. His hair stood on end along his back and neck, making him look even larger. He would not back down. He delivered a genuine warning and did not act out of animosity to her race, not yet at least. When he heard the word ‘hunter’ spill from her lips it incited his fury. "Coyotes do not hunt." He protested, still of the belief that everyone had their place and coyotes were second to wolves always. "They scavenge, stealing meat from the wolf’s mouth. Parasites, benefiting from our struggles. Do not presume to call yourself a hunter in my presence."

His eyes beheld her darkly. When she postured he arced his tail above his back, but kept his head low. He would not show her his throat. He had not snarled just yet, but when she revealed her full descent it ripped from his muzzle. "You are not my kind! My family has continued on for generations without a drop of tainted blood. Even half coyote, you are still unworthy of our trust." He was strong-willed at the worst of times and proved it now as her words came and went, unacknowledged.

When she calmed in her odd way he flicked his tail in annoyance. No, he did not know. He’d only scouted the borders of Inferni once before to distinguish their scent from the other northern packs, hoping to be able to recognize its members by smell alone. He did not linger overlong, and did not attempt to communicate with any one of them. Knowing full well what could occur. He was not truly that stupid to declare himself on the verge of enemy terrain, to welcome any encounter that came, and with it his death, possibly. He was not as level-headed as his Alpha, his narrow mind passed down from generation to generation and encouraged by a pure gene pool. Perhaps that fact had further persuaded his superiors to raise him up, trusting that he would never yield to an outsider, no matter in what manner they chose to appear.

"And what does your name matter to me? You’re not someone I wish to know any better. I’m not looking for a friend." He nearly spat the word friend, as if the idea disgusted him. "The only concerns I have are that of my pack. I will not harbor fondness for outsiders."

Take the light and darken everything around me. Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]
[html]

Omni's ears flattened as threatening words spilled from the wolf's lips. What did her heritage have to do with anything? The girl never flinched, trying to keep her hackles from raising in her own defense. The tawny female was accused of spying when she had just stated she wasn't. Vivid blue eyes rolled exasperatingly, as she explained again. "Look here bub. I wasn't trying to spy. I came here on my own will, and believe it or not...It was for good intentions. I had heard of a pack that had been established here, and I wanted to check it out. Maybe befriend some of you. I don't want any problems."

Omni had no unpleasant feelings towards wolves, yes this one may be rude, but it didn't mean all wolves were rude. "That's very stereotypical of you." The Scorpius let her voice fall to a disinterested flat, but her ears shot up as this wolf, this awfully rude being said that coyotes didn't hunt. "Do I really look like the type that likes to eat rotting flesh? I prefer it fresh and cooked up thank you very much. And that's after my mate and I hunt it. That's right. We chase down deer or squirrels, whatever. And we kill it. It's our duty in Inferni to hunt for the clan. I'm not sure what you'd call that."  

There seemed to be no way to be on this wolf's good side, which was saddening. It was apparent this lout wasn't going to loosen up any time soon, and it was time to show other tactics. Her tail remained curled around the side of her body, it wasn't usual to see a coyote with its tail high. Carefully, the girl walked in front of the male. She fell at his feet to roll on her back, exposing the creamier lighter stomach of hers. Omni hoped this guy couldn't read, as the scar on her leg was so visible, it would suck to ruin things with this wolf by seeing she was apparently a "whore". Blue eyes glanced up shyly, so maybe she was going to be punished back in Inferni. For submitting to a wolf. Better than having her throat torn out by an entire pack, and she knew. If Ezekiel found out, there would be full on warfare. "To me, wolves are just big coyotes. I don't hate wolves, so why do you hate me? I'm not here to cause harm to anyone." Her ruddy muzzle turned up to speak again, quieter this time, and not as spunky or defensive. "Do you know how much we could learn from eachother? How Inferni and New Dawn could get along if we could tolerate eachother? Because personally, I'm not really wanting to dig my own mate's grave because he got sent to war. What about you? Could you just watch our packs battle and just watch the dead roll in? Because if we're not getting along, that's how it's gonna be." It was true, Omni wanted to avoid a fight. And this was usually what started one. "I just came, to check this place out. Meet a few of you, and yeah. Have good relations."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Augustus
OOC Sorry for the wait I had a rough week :/ -- Word Count →601

The man was terribly loyal, proving that family meant everything and more to him, the few friendships he’d had hadn’t even been enough to shatter his blind sense of loyalty. All he knew was that he belonged here and he would cling to that belief until the end of his days and until whatever end. He was not one to lead, or to question those that led him. Perhaps this was the very reason he’d never suspected his father’s treachery, even moments before his claws came down on the side of his face. Those wounds still lingered, although healed, they would remain a reminder now and forever. The lesson was a hard one to learn, and perhaps it would take another fall for him to realize his mistakes, but not today. He continued to address the female with prejudice, scoffing openly at her words of friendship. “And if I were to come poking around Inferni’s borders? What sort of welcome would I get, I wonder?” He didn’t wait for an answer and quickly shook his head.

Her voice changed and he puffed up, content with the fact that she seemed to be stepping down. Then she said something he didn’t quite understand. “Cooked?” He curiosity couldn’t help but present itself. He tossed his head and growled, reprimanding himself. This was not the time for useless questions, perhaps one of his brothers and sisters could enlighten him better later. “I call it duty, as you do, for that it one of mine.” An ear twitched, but he paid it no heed. He found he had little else to say on that topic, if she was so openly defiant he found no more inclination to waste any breath.

She did something strange then, approaching him. His body completely stiffened and his eyes followed her every movement. She came even closer and he showed teeth, lowering his upper body in preparation to defend himself and his pack. Instead of attacking she got down and rolled onto her back, belly exposed to him. The world seemed to come to a stop around him and his brows furrowed, the anger and rage in his face lessening to an extent. His teeth retreated past his lips and he gazed in disbelief. She had a curious scar on the inner side of one of her back legs, and he glanced at it incomprehensive. He was a simple creature, and it looked nothing more than a strangely shaped wound. He paid it little and less attention. Her words had his black rimmed ears perking.

Her voice was quieter, no longer defiant, and she seemed to be sincere. He didn’t know what to do next, or how to react. “That‘s how things are.” He said quietly, still unwilling to agree that they had any reason to become allies. It had been passed on from generation to generation, brought on by the struggles and hardships of life, and would take a while to forget. And then the mention of war came. No, he did not want to ever have to see his brothers and sisters strewn about a plain of red, and watch them as they struggled battered and broken. He thought of Blind, and he had to bite his lip to clear the image of her bi-colored eyes open and staring blankly, and Ciara her young and broken body splayed out upon the ground. No, he never wanted it to come to that. Although he could not bring himself to agree with the hybrid’s intentions he could see the truth in her words. “No, I don’t.” He muttered, nearly inaudibly

template by revo. <3

[/html]