Regarding Ichika no Ho-En
From my stand point and opinion these changes are great changes.

Rank and co-rank are the hot button topic here from the sounds of it, but the way I see this change is this. If your character is in the mid rank, then it doesn't matter if they have a co-rank or not they are still ranked the same as the others. Now obviously there will be plus's for having a co-rank and being active in pack plots but if your simply just wanting to be apart of the pack, and real life doesn't allow you to be super active then you will still have a very respectable place among the pack itself! Nothing will change pertaining to that, and if you are super active, or mildly active and aspire to a co-rank then that obviously makes things more interesting for your character because you have more to rp that character doing.

It's the ole adage of if you feel like you have nothing to rp then maybe your right, having more skills and jobs actually adds to your inspiration of things to do.

Some of your concerns are well founded but I think you've misread the original intent of the changes themselves. The changes are meant to accommodate players better, if as you say Temo, you have a hard time getting 10 posts a month then I don't see you loosing your current rank, but you also can't be a carpenter and not fulfill the posting requirements that go with it. I currently struggle trying to figure out what Saluce's next thread will be pertaining to his rank currently and he has to go outside of Ichika and "crusade", but that's apart of what I chose for Saluce to do in the pack. With that choice the consequences are I have to rp him doing those actions or else I'm not fulfilling the role. It's a game meant to be played not assumed. Maybe Temo could be awesome at something else? Saluce isn't a natural Crusader, I could have just put him as a general warrior and I could fire off thread after thread of how he's doing stuff pertaining to that, but the harder rank meant I had to really look at Saluce and plan a little, and learn to take advantage of opportunities going on outside of Ichika (points to Aeron and her player, I would have never considered him going to Anathema and talking about an alliance if he was just a regular warrior). If you want help with that, I'm always available, and you will be apart of Ichika if you choose to be, and the pack will always want you to be here (duh he's a daddy to four rambunctious kids, since family is a big thing here I def want hims around) .

As to the fact that Zyn is now the pack leader, true Kris and Lin made this pack, and I was aware of their plans to merge Dahlia and Phoenix Valley a lot sooner than most. Let me remind you all that lets not forget the hell they where put through, specifically Lin when they created this pack. There where a lot of people who didn't like what they where doing as well, while I ooc liked the idea, big grumpy pants Saluce hated it lol. But Lin and Kris have decided to leave and with a certain amount of sadness and frustration I came to terms with it, accepted it and now look forward to someone else's take on the tireless work they put into creating this pack. Change is a good thing,Zyn isn't going to turn this pack into something ruthless or an abomination of Kris and Lin's work, but in the end this is her pack, she has had the leadership thrust into her lap and she has the task of continuing life in Ichika and looking to improve upon the packs ideas. She needs your help in this and support, ic and oocly, ic drama is why we play the game, but ooc drama is def not why we play, this could be a good experience for you ooc and ic. The original formation of Ichika ended up putting my character on a path I never thought would have happened, he left and then he met a golden woman whom he couldn't get out of his mind and he returned. While he may have returned for selfish reasons, like being closer to that woman what has started to happen is he's becoming more active, much more caring about the pack as a whole and etc. Change is good, since it happens abruptly sometimes or slowly, it allows you to play your character responding to things they like or dislike as well, this is an opportunity, but always remember that while it's fun to rp drama ic, please leave the ooc drama alone.

None of the changes proposed I see as a bad thing, I actually seem them as good, they will help and hopefully contribute to the activity and the attractiveness of the pack for people to join. Because that's the point isn't it? to have an atmosphere where people enjoy rp'ing, where we have regular joiners and people continually filling the ranks and others rotating out (either leaving for another pack or real life has grabbed them and won't let go) And I know that's the atmosphere Zyn would like, for the pack issues to rp themselves out and have a setup that encourages rp, and encourages the players to take an active role.
I have no real say in this, but I've read through the thread (wow, that was long), and do have a few little things to say.

InH is a pack that came from two packs. That was a change so much bigger than what is being proposed here. Two packs had to disband, lose their "style", moved most of the members away, and form a drastically new pack. That, is some impressive change right there. As Saluce said (thankfully to support what I'm saying), Lin and Kris got crap for what they were doing, most likely more than the current opposition to this change. I feel like so many people are forgetting this or did not know just how much people talk. It's marvelous what InH managed to do. I think a slight rank change will hardly dent the pack. In comparison to it's founding, changing the ranks around is like trying to smack a mountain into moving.

The ranks don't seem to be changing terribly drastically. Honestly, it's going to be much more simplified. The first thing new joiners TEND to see is the rank table, and if they can't figure out what's going on, it's time to change the ranks. While I'm sure InH didn't have too much of an issue with that, I had glanced at the rank table before and, honestly, it was a little daunting and confusing with soooo many ranks. I think the change will be better in that regard. Sometimes thing gotta change around to work sometimes. Plus, anything that makes a leader's job 6000x better is good enough. Trust me on that.

From what I see so far, Zyn is just trying to give a little more room for creativity for the pack, and that there will be more options for different sorts of people to come along into her pack.

Honestly, I recommend people stick it out and see if they still dislike the changes with time. If they don't, they can always talk to Zyn about it! Leaders are here to listen to your problems about the pack or your opinions. But please, please remember that they aren't entitled to change everything on a whim. These things take some planning in discussion.

TLDR; I think the changes could be good, though I really hope people take the changes in stride and let it turn into something awesome.
Just throwing my thoughts in here.

I'm neutral to the changes detailed here. I wasn't particularly thrilled when I first heard about changes but really, the stuff being changed, ranks and colours, is cosmetic at worst and the self defense lessons make sense with some of the recent happenings such as the Amy/Kiara incident. I see those and the alliances as a positive change; making friendly relationships with the surrounding packs fits the Ichikan ideals pretty well in my opinion. While I don;t really think there needed to be changes I don't feel that they're severe enough to really need arguments over, certainly not the level of frustration I've seen from some people.

There's been a lot of stuff thrown about over AIM, naming nobody here because the last thing I want is more fucking arguments and drama, and there were two things that worried me at first, radical changes to the packs core beliefs and people not being consulted.

Those radical changes never happened and we're currently posting in a thread consulting the Ichikan members and asking them what they think about the changes. I get that some of the stuff that was originally flying around was scary and not what the majority of people wanted but that stuff hasn't happened.

Personally i'm just going to see how things go and have Neela react as I feel that she would react to the situation IC. This has been causing far too much stress to me, both from rumors I've misunderstood and backlash from friends getting stressed and in the end RPing is something that i do to enjoy myself, not get into massive arguments over minor changes.
Sorry for the slow take on this.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm really sad that Nayru and Raz are not being played. If he has left ICly, Sage would be devastated. Not sure if this is what's happening (?), but it would be good plotting either way. Obviously, it isn't what I had envisioned when I started plotting with Sage, but these are the types of hurdles that should be fun to write for, and write through, even if we struggle. It's a great way to build up your characters!

So long as the self-defense lessons remain optional, and Ichika never declares war or anything like that, I don't think they would be a bad thing. Sage could use some more of that, anyhow.

I am also okay with the rank changes, so long as Sage will retain her Ma-Tzu rank as a co-rank, as I am understanding. With a lower number of members like we have now, it's not necessary to have all of those ranks anyways, since they're not being used. :3

I am excited for the future of Ichika, regardless of what will happen. <3
[html]I appreciate everyone's inputs and concerns regarding to these changes and I hope my answers have clarified any prior confusion. If it would alleviate further confusion, I could project the outline of the new ranking system with everyone presently in the pack included, as well as NPC's. It would be a draft subjected to inquiry and debate and would be made to give everyone a clear view of how the roster would be set.

In the meantime I would like to further clarify the following points;

• All Specialized ranked members will KEEP their current ranking but their positions (carpenter, healer, pupsitter, etc) will be labeled as CO-RANKS. (with little icons and everything) If you/ your character feel they wont want the responsibility of a co-rank, they will still remain in the Mid ranking tier. Even if they dont have a role, they are not subjected to demotion.
  • To keep with InH present policies regarding keeping rank, each member is still required to make at least ONE thread every TWO months pertaining to their co-rank. This does not apply to members without a co-rank but they are still replied to make the necessary 10+ posts each month.
  • Prestige ranks are permitted to keep their ranks as well, co-rank or not.
  • In keeping with InH present policies regarding change in rank if a member would like a DIFFERENT co-rank than what they presently have, they must fulfill the TWO thread requirement at whatever time is convenient for them in order to receive that new Co-rank.
  • Unfortunately, Co-Ranks cannot be bulked on. (Ie. One member starts off as a warrior, then changes their co-rank to hunter. When they meet the requirements for hunter, they will still have that experience as a warrior in character, but their status would show them with a hunter co-rank.

To be clear, no one is getting demoted, and no one is losing a position they already have. Also, if there is a Co-Rank that is not available or there is a position your character feels they are better suited for, as long as there is a basis for it, it CAN be made into a Co-Rank. This system is very accommodating to present and potential members alike.

I hope this clears everything up. Smile[/html]