Luperci, PhD?
I was wondering if job occupations like lawyers, therapists, and mechanics (simple mechanics, like more with wood than metal) could exist in the Luperci world, in places such as Freetown or Europe? Like, more modern jobs than the simple craftsmen or herbal doctors that the more humanized Lupercis can be apprenticed for?
I think the jobs like lawyers and therapists call for an even more developed society than what we could realistically assume Europe has (any other SA'ers correct me if I'm wrong), because these require a lot of social development, not just technological development. As far as I understood the resources we have on Europe, we're talking about (primarily) technological advancement. I don't think education systems would be very well-developed, either, if we follow the same line, as government may not be developed, even. Thus a PhD would be unlikely. Freetown would be less developed than Europe, so this would go there as well. Modern medicine would also likely not be up to what we have now (realistically), simply because even if they can read they haven't had that many generations to assimilate all this information into their own culture.

Mechanics would totally work, though! Anything related to technology and such. Crazy inventors etc ;D
I don't think lawyers and therapists in 'Soulsverse Europe would be too totally out there? I mean, not like we think of lawyers and therapists today, but they're both pretty old professions. I could see like, spiritual type therapists. Priests and priestesses are probably who filled that role mostly in the past. And there were lawyers in ancient Greece and Rome, though for them it was more about public speaking and being able to make jurors believe their arguments regardless of the truth than a lot of technical law such and such. I'm sure there'd be enough civilization in parts of Europe where that kind of profession could have grown to some extent.

That's just my two cents though ^^;
Hmm yes, but I still think ancient Greece was more socially well-developed than wolves in Europe has had the time to become. I mean they've had the region since the 80s, so they're still very much a fledgling society, in comparison to ancient Greece who had thousands of years to get to that point.

But I'd love it if some other SA'ers commented on this, to be honest! I don't feel experienced enough to answer this decidedly at all Smile
We already do have some 'therapists', in a manner of speaking. In Ichika we have a spiritual guide that listens to one's problems and helps guide them towards where they are more at peace and able to benefit the pack. In Anathema, Xyza Glow is getting help merging her personalities together so that she's less crazy.

Lawyers wouldn't exist though. We're viewing more of a monarchy style, with judge and jury being one and the same. Europe would have a slightly different ruling system however, with the canines crowded closer together. They might have more ambassadors than a normal pack due to how close they are to each other, so that could be seen as a lawyer.
"Therapists" have come up as co-ranks in various in-game packs since 2005 or so; however, a co-rank is pretty different from an occupation in my view. Occupation implies that that is an individual's sole mean of "income," which for Luperci, is still mostly food. I think it would be rare, even in Europe, for Luperci to be able to fully sustain themselves by trading services and not do any kind of hunting/gathering on their own.

To be able to trade services for enough food would require either very dense populations or a few very, very consistent customers. The former is unlikely because dense Luperci populations require dense prey populations as well, and even with domesticated farming, this can be challenging. (Consider the size of herds needed to realistically feed a small human village, then consider that Luperci probably eat ten times as much meat.)

Other things to consider: Luperci have only existed for about 30 years. They have an average lifespan of 10-15 years, though in practice, most don't live that long at all. That's roughly two generations of fully aged Luperci, hardly enough time to build a society that has any reliable or consistent form of government, etc.

I'm getting off-topic though. It is reasonable enough for individuals to apprentice with those versed in a particular craft. But no, I don't think they would be more "modern jobs" -- they would definitely be "the simple craftsmen or herbal doctors" that have already become popular on-board.